• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Cassette Cadets (Space Adventure) - Open

Miss Mack

If you love me let me go
A group of teens discover a old cassette tape buried in the depths of public records. Strangely enough, the recording is from the past year, but how would ancient technology like this be used in the year 2590? Who is on this recording, and can they be saved?
This RP requires only six teens between the ages of 13 and 19, they are all neighbors whose parents work for a relocation program. They are close enough to call each other brother and sister, they take care of each other when Mom and Dad are absent.
What all are they willing to risk to discover the past behind this cassette tape? To save the last remains of humankind?

If you are interested please just drop a comment below and once we reach six people we can get going on characters and what not. Hope you like i!!

giphy.gif

"Hello? Can anybody hear me? If you can, you need to fight it and get off the surface. It sounds like heaven but don't believe the lies... I didn't sign up to come here. P-please find
Videns aut... aute... nia-"
The audio recording glitches in and out of coherence then finally stops playing, and a group of six teens sit in a circle on the floor around an ancient cassette recorder. The silence is deafening, the small flashlight on the ground starts to flicker before eventually going out.
The world outside is harsh, the lightning cracks and fires burn and floods sweep away livelihoods.
These teens must make a choice, to leave their home and chase the stranded person from the recording or sit and wait for the end.
It's just a joke, right?

While in essence a good way to kick the story forward, this premise is lacking in the description of what the roleplay will contain.

A futuristic setting is one of the few that need to be fleshed out really well and all we can take out from this interest check is that some kind of relocation programs (cross-planetary?) take place. We also discover that technology progressed sufficiently to have completely overridden primitive recording devices like cassettes which suggest that computers and data storage technology have both gone forward neatly.

Another is that while the vague aura of the premise surely makes it more interesting it greatly limits the creative freedom of the players at large, which is also impacted, again, by the vagueness of the setting overall. Not even the city/planet/wherever this begins has been mentioned.

Nonetheless, I suppose that all things considered, for now, I am content enough to say that I am "interested."

As mentioned by Birdsie above, I would also like to see a bit more detail regarding how the RP will run and additional attention given to developing the backstory. I am definitely interested in the general premise, but I will have to see how this unfolds before committing.

I agree that Some more description would be pretty nice. I'm interested though because it sounds fun and the story seems good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back