• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Business of Death

TheHufflepuffRabbit

Weird Bunny Lurker
tumblr_n5gtz4Xgj01rkcjj5o1_500.gif

So, you got the balls to show up at the Grim Reaper Office here in New York so you could register yourself as an official Reaper? That's cute, kid, but let me tell you. Reaping isn't an easy business; it requires a stone heart and a helluva lot of balls. No, seriously, sometimes you gotta throw a tennis ball to distract the murderer while you use good ol' trusty scythe to whoosh dead souls off to the underworld or heaven or hell or whatever they believe in, I don't have a preference.

Reaping takes a certain ambition; we don't accept wimps. Plus it's a very competitive business as it is, what with the outbreak of unregistered Anti-Reapers...oh, you've never heard of Anti-Reapers? Pathetic, guess Id better tell you. Basically they take care of souls that want to be ghosts; of course, lately there have been Anti-Reapers who haven't shown up on the registry as Anti-Reapers, and they take advantage of certain souls in exchange for money or power, or maybe eve revenge. We've had to set up teams to track down those guys, but a ton are still out there.

Still here? Well, it all depends on how much experience you actually have. There are Reaping families out there, in which members train for their entire lives to become Grim Reapers, but if you weren't born into a Reaping family, you likely have little to no experience. I do know of a couple guys who need some students, so that won't be much trouble.

Laws of a Grim Reaper

• Prioritize job first
    • No killing unless the book specifically says "killed by Grim Reaper"
    • No Mercy Towards Dead Souls. If they die, they die.
    • You are priveledged to breaking and entering and destruction of property if necessary to complete the job
    • Be punctual

Grim Reaper Required Tools

Scythe - All Reapers possess a weapon, most commonly a scythe, used to send souls to the other side. Usually they're swung over the corpse, which hurls the soul out of the body and into the afterlife, but if it's, say, a gun, different methods are used.

Cloak - The basic uniform for Grim Reapers. Reapers are required to wear a black cloak when on the job. Black is a color of respect for the dead.

Little Black Book of Deaths - A useful book that shows you all of the deaths in the area, usually in the format of their name, date of birth, exact time of death, cause of death, list of contacts to notify of their death, and occupation.

Violations of Death

Class "A" - The soul is split into several pieces and has "vessels".

Class "B" - Unauthorized Reaping. This includes:

• A Reaper-in-Training performing a Mass Reap (Reaping multiple souls at once; can be fatal to beginners).
    • A non-Reaper harnessing the Grim Reaper's powers by force and doing the Grim Reaper's job.
    • A Reaper Reaping those who are not due to be Reaped/aren't dead (see DEMENTORS.)

Class "C" - Ghosts. Often caused when the Grim Reaper does not Reap the soul on time. While relatively harmless, ghosts are an annoyance and a mark of irresponsibility. Raises to a Class "D" if ghosts start possessing living bodies.

Class "D" - Any form of possession. Occurs in which Class "C" Violation possesses a living body, and in that body, does any of the following:

• Commits Murder
    • Conspires with Person They are Possessing
    • Walks around looking like themselves before they died
    • Has been brought to do so by a non-Anti-Reaper (Anti-Reapers are exceptions.)

All right, I found you a mentor. Now remember not to take your job lightly, not to flip out every five seconds, and to have fun.

I guess.

Question...

Will we be Grim Reapers in a modern world?

If so, will this world be basically our earth? Or is it completely fictional?

I dunno if I'll be able to join, but I too am interested (if there's room).
TheHufflepuffRabbit TheHufflepuffRabbit

^ same here

There is a handful of people here, but I am interested if there is room.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/business-of-death-ooc.318901/

And yep, there's room to squeeze in some peeps ^.^ I'll be creating the character sheet after I finish writing out the lore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back