• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Bureau of Inhuman Affairs

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
INTERNAL COMMUNIQUE: House Committee for Inhuman Activities

DATE: February 1965

TO: [REDACTED]

RE: CODE PHOENICIAN SAILOR

Johnson has greenlit your unit, you are now clear to operate in Louisiana. The Analytics Department has no data on likely threats – you are encouraged to follow standard protocol and keep a close watch on immigrant populations and academics. We will, however, be sending you an analyst and a meta-physicist (PN: Yes, you’re good for sorcery within operational guidelines – this guy has been vetted).

Louisiana is classed as HIGH RISK due to proximity to the Guatemalan Exclusion Zone; open operation is a no-go. You are to maintain your cover as a private investigation office.

Good luck.

---------------

Using World of Darkness, a horror game of mystery, investigation, and eldritch strangeness.

This RP will include strong language, graphic imagery, and strong themes of prejudice.

Four characters - Detective, analyst, sorcerer, and the muscle.

Part of me definitely regrets not giving you first refusal.

Ah, well, if enough people show interest maybe I'll make ye fight for it.

You had me at 'Eldritch strangeness' and I would happily jump into an analyst role, or if that has been claimed, the muscle role. (B') Though I would need to read up on world of darkness rules a bit since I am not too familiar with the system.

The system is really straight-forward.

I'll be using the God-Machine update pretty much as written, because I like the Integrity model and the character creation questions.

So, JayTee and Bardiel duking it out as potential metaphysicists, SwiftThunder as analyst - now we just need the muscle and the lead detective.

I'm interested in the concept, but I'm not at all familiar with Dice RP systems in general. How accessible do you think this'd be for someone like me?

Should be pretty accessible. It's not one of my dedicated introductory RPs, but it could do the job.

Excellent choice - I wouldn't strongly recommended it for a beginner.

So we have our analyst, muscle, and metaphysicist. @Bardiel do you want to take the detective, or fight @JayTee on the back of a moving war-rig using only explosive-tipped spears for the other role?

Witness me! I have ridden with the God of Combustion, a road warrior whose El Camino '67 is all Shiny and Chrome in Valhalla!

P.S. I can update to GMC, if we are told what splat to use (Mage or Second Sight and the ilk).

Last edited by a moderator:
Second sight with some wee changes, possibly.

I am half-inclined to employ a hacked, misbegotten version of Mage.

You speak of those heresies like one of those treading the path of those Left Handed.

Second Sight, with particular abilities and Unseen Sense could work.

I like the open weirdness of eldritch sorceries, though. I may even make you take some Banisher or Seer tricks, or straight up Abyssal powers.

It'll be a bit more grandiose than that, JayTee.

But you called dibs first - I was just giving you two a chance to negotiate.

You in as detective and nominal field command, Bardiel?

Hm, throwing out another option/compromise type thing: I have a distinct fondness for magic that is largely invisible to normal perception. If I could crib some of the Covert spells from Mage and slap them on a Detective in the from of psychic powers or something, I'd be willing to let Bardiel have the flashier magics.

That is unless you're gunning for specific roles for specific plot reasons, Cabin in The Woods style.

More specific thematic reasons - magic in this doesn't get to be easy, and it has no middle ground - either nigh-imperceptible, or Integrity-breakingly obvious. Psychic powers aren't really a thing.

If either of you two are more into fisting hitting things than investigation, I wouldn't mind trading Muscle for Detective too much.

How hard could building a character for mental/social abilities be, anyway?

I wouldn't mind either muscle or detective, though I'm more inclined to go detective.

I'm reminded of my jaunts as a 1930s private detective in Call of Cthulhu. <<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back