• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖡𝖱𝖠𝖳 𝖯𝖠𝖢𝖪 — a 1980s slice-of-life, apartment rp

demonology

𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒎𝒚𝒕𝒉.

the brat pack

hamtramck, mi, 1986

now playing

I

II

III

• ⊹₊ ⋆

premise

The world begins and ends at the triplex of 1222 Casmere Ave. It sits just a block down from the main drag, Jos Campau. Whether you're stumbling back from the Pub or a show down at the Sanctuary, its easy to find your way back to the old Polish theater, whose box office is manned by Mrs. Bugalski — your landlady. Above and behind the theater are your homes, which smell slightly of mildew from the water-loggied basement and will never muffle the ever-present sound of Polish film through the walls. In the summer, when it is easiest to keep your windows open than to put in the AC unit, you will climb into bed and hear the soft laughter of others exactly like you, walking back from Kitab Café or Sheeba. The guitar of the nearby garage rockband's practice and the music of a Yemeni wedding are common sounds of spring. The fall is filled with the mews of street cats who are trying to find a home in you before the cold. Even in the winter, when the snow makes the street parking damn-near impossible, there is a beauty in the chilled walk home.

But perhaps it isn't the city that makes 1222 Casmere Ave magic.

Each of you ended up here, either due to university (Wayne State is only a ten minute drive away) or perhaps you just needed a change of pace. Maybe you lived upstate, all the way in the Upper Peninsula, and you found the close-packed streets, the walkable businesses, and the pure life here intoxicating. Whatever brought you here, it is home.

⊹₊ ⋆

links

⊹₊ ⋆

welcome

hi there! Brat Pack is a slice-of-life rp that takes place in Hamtramck, Michigan during the year 1986. All characters live in the triplex (as in, three apartments in the same building) at 1222 Casmere Ave. Unit #1 is above the Polish Theater that the landlandy, Mrs. Bugalski, runs. Unit #2 is also upstairs and sits behind Unit #1. Then, Unit #3 is on the bottom floor, to the back of the theater. The theater itself is essentially one room, hence why all this can fit in one area! There is a back entrance that Units #2 & 3 can access their apartments from. Unit #1 has a side entrance and stairs available through the theater itself.

Currently, I'm looking to fill 8 roles as the max, meaning that most apartments have 2-3 bedrooms, depending on cast size. There are (optional) roles that are mostly just points of inspo.

If you couldn't tell by the title, this is heavily inspired by John Hughes films and the Brat Pack of the 1980s. Generally, think 1980s teen coming-of-age movies but make them 19+. However, please don't be put-off by the historical element. This is not a historically accurate roleplay, especially in regards to Hamtramck lol. I know enough about 1980s Ham-Town to get by, but the locations and general culture will be a mish-mash of both that of the 1980s and modern times. In the next section, I'll provide some basic info about Hamtramck for those who are unfamiliar!

Because of the slice-of-life part of this rp, you'll be welcome to create your own characters, NPCs, plotlines, etc. However, I'll also provide an overarching plot-line that will mostly be events happening in town and perhaps bigger group-wide moments (ex. Mrs. Bugalski might sell the apartment! Scandal!). I'm hoping for this to be a light-hearted rp that maybe doubles as a coming of age story. I'm really excited to see everyone's characters!

⊹₊ ⋆

Hamtramck, Michigan

Hamtramck, affectionately called Hamtown by some, is a neighborhood in Detroit. It is less than five miles from downtown Detroit. In the 20th century, it was a cultural hub for Polish-Americans and Polish immigrants. In the 21st century, the city began to attract immigrants from all across the globe, and by 2015, it was considered the first Muslim-majority city in the country. Across both centuries, Hamtramck has also hosted a rife music scene. In the 1980s, this was specifically Detroit's garage rock scene.

It is an extremely walkable area, and by simply going down a main road, you can see the city's many cultures as represented by the businesses that occupy it. Because of this and because modern Hamtown is what I'm most familiar with, all worldbuilding on my part will be a mix of both 1980s Hamtramck and the Ham-town of today.

Nearby in the city, there is Wayne State University and the College for Creative Studies. For most of its existence, WSU has been known as a commuter school, and CCS has been known for being the uber-expensive art college that not very many Detroiters and nearby neighbors could afford.

This is the town I'm living in. This is the street I'm walking down. These are the friends I'm visiting

This is the house I'm building. This is the chord I'm strumming now. This is the faith I'm leaning on

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
lil bump and an announcement! Sheets are due February 3rd! Feel free to reach out if you need an extension.

Is this still open? I love this idea!
Feels very...nostalgic? I didnt live through the 80s but i often feel like i belonged in that decade lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back