• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Blight (ALWAYS accepting)

A rather tall cloaked figure made his way around the city, The aroma of Alcohol and smoke was a constant in this city. Though an impressive stronghold it was by no means a paradise with crime being as common as breathing it seemed..Course Malrun wouldn't need to worry too much as people stayed their distance and remained silent not even daring to think about the thought of attacking him at now obvious that he was out of a small time thugs league. To add to his already intimidating presence was a gleaming silver Railgun that seemed to reflect the sun like a Mirror , He had given it the nice little nickname of Judgement. It was a rather simple nick name but it got the idea across that he didn't play around when it came to even the smallest of Skirmishes.

As he passed through the city his eyes met all sorts of figures ranging from Gibbering fools to dirty street rats who's eyes were wide open looking for a pocket to steal from with their deft fingers. Course none of this seemed to concern him as he was making his way to the wall to help out with a small Incursion of Reavers gathering at the walls. The reavers were a constant threat to Pleasaton and were attracted to the place like a Moth to a flame. Course outside the walls Reavers seemed less afraid , More dangerous in a way like savage beasts wanting to tear an animals through out.

The sounds of Gunfire traveled through the Air as fellow Raiders and even a few hired Red masks shot at the feral things that were once human. A Heavy sigh escaped from his mouth as he slowly took out Judgement, Taking careful aim at a rather Large Reaver who was mindlessly ramming at the wall like a sort of battering ram hoping to achieve something. The bullet streaked through the air with a faint whistling akin to a mortar, entering through his eye and exiting out the back of his skull suddenly collapsing with a loud resounding thud that blew bits of dust into the air. Course that was only a small trivial achievement as more approached , shouting untranslatable babble as they made ran towards the wall like enraged bulls.
"...Ah..This is going to be a long day.." He'd sigh with a Monotonous voice , once again taking aim.

"Hey, how are you?" Jackson said as Travis came in the door. The apartment was still a bit cleaner, but there was still some munitions on the floor. Jackson was wearing his light tactical gear, although his mask and head set were on the table beside his computer.

"Im fine." Travis replied to Jackson. Travis walked towards the table and was careful to not trip. With his excellent posture he sat down and said "Alright let's get down to business and talk about the plan." Travis reached into his pocket and brought out a small device. He plugged his communication device into it. "This is one of the new map makers. It creates a map based on the info given. I've added the video and the original blueprints into it and it will create a map of the place. We don't know how much of the subway station has decayed vs the original blueprint so it won't be completely reliable. We could update the map by doing more scouting. You can you if your interested."Travis finished.

"We need to explore the train tunnels. It's the best way for a mech to get in. Dwayne said he can move the train cars." We could also investigate the upper maintenance too. It's your call." Travis said. He replayed the video for the both of them. "You have any ideas on what we could try?" Travis asked Jackson. Travis sent a message to Dwayne "The meeting has started you need to be here!"

"It would be best if we scouted more, but from what I can tell from the video is." He pointed at a part of the building blue print. " Their camp is directly under this skylight. I would need to pick up a few things, but we could use 9-Bangs, and repel in."

Dwayne was standing on a stool next to Eliza's left arm. The XM214 Microgun on this side had been causing him grief lately. Eliza's eye watched him as he tinkered, and he snapped something and she whined at him. He looked up at her and frowned, "I know what Im doin' sweetheart, cut me some slack, yeah?" She whined again, seeming to give a huff that was exhaust leaving the machine. He frowned, but kept working, after a few more minutes he stood and looked up, "Spin her up." It spun quickly, and made Dwayne smiled, "Atta girl." Eliza beeped happily, her systems telling Dwayne that the XM was fully functional. "Display how many rounds left." the HUD showed 4,500 5.56 rounds left, which made Dwayne frown. He could cause a lot of ruckus real fast, but it'd go quick. "Missles?" The HUD showed 10 flares, and of his 14 micro burst shells, 7 left.

Dwayne shook his head, "Fuck, gonna have to feed you soon, eh Sweetheart?" Eliza beeped in affirmative, "Dont give me sass." Two beeps, "Yeah, fuck you too Eliza." Dwayne stretched and walked to his bed, where the NSF PDA he'd managed to keep had two messages, "Oh god, needy people ain't they Eliza?" A beep, "What? Whats that mean, thats not fair." Another beep, followed by an exhaust sigh. "Fine! Fine I'll go." He grabbed his pants and pulled them on, and threw on a NSF undershirt that displayed is Staff Sergeant rank and had Doc written underneath.

"Stay."

A beep that almost certainly meant, "Go fuck yourself." came from Eliza in response.

Dwayne walked out of the shack he called home and made his way toward Jackson's apartment, but heard commotion by the gate. Dwayne had always been easily distracted. He made his way over and the Raider on the wall looked down.

"Hey D."

"Jules, whatcha staring at? Big, bad Reavers?"

"Uh, something a little more interesting. Chick, chained up,"

"You should be a sells man Jules." Dwayne climbed the latter and stood next to the Raider and looked down as Sasha and the other Raiders below, "She's cute, for a crazy lady."

"Crazy?"

"The eyes Jules, you dont get those eyes without seeing shit. Unfortunately eyes like that are too common in today's world."

After enough arguing with the men at the gate, the party of Raiders were finally allowed to enter, the caravan's vehicles slowly starting to file through the gates. Sasha glanced to each side, eyes narrowing a little at trying to take in the feeling of being in a city...a real city after so long. She could remember cities when she was but a wee girl, tiny fingers reaching up to the skyscrapers in the hopes one day she would be able to reach the top. But that thought was cut short as the Raider walking in front of her pulled the chain gently, urging her to continue.

A few other Raiders that were off duty walked by the gate, slowing to the site of the mystery woman slowly moving through the entrance to Pleasanton. "Well well well...that is my kind of woman," chuckled one and slowly walked right up to Sasha, making her stop as she kept staring forward, not phased. "Now you...are such a naughty girl...chained up just for us Raiders," purred the man darkly as the captain turned to face the masked Raider. "Carter! That's enough," he hissed. "I apologize sir...I am just excited for the little present you are giving to us," he continued as his friends laughed darkly.

Dwayne slid down the ladder back onto the ground level and walked toward Sasha and Carter, "I'd be welling to bet, Carter, that she'd be able to kick your ass before you knew which way to throw your punch." A few of the Raiders snickered at the insult that Dwayne had thrown out, "So is this what the protectors of the city do now? Chain up women, harass them when they can't fight back, what are you, NSF?" Dwayne grinned, "Not that any of you could pass NSF Trainin' anyways." Dwayne crossed his arms, watching Carter now that the group of Raiders were quiet, some angry with Dwayne's insults.

Vini stayed fairy silent as the caravan passed, wishing to draw little attention to himself. As the raiders entered, and the three trucks followed, he approached the caravan guard, "I'd like to ask you one last favor- Could you drop my... package off someplace specific? Again, no questions asked." The caravan guard opened his mouth to protest, but then gulped, and nodded his head, presumably out of a mix of fear, and enough sense to stay out of trouble. Vini smiled under his mask instinctively, and thanked the caravan head, though it sounded rather insincere under the muffling of the mask. "I appreciate it." Vini proceeded to pull out a small sketched map of the city, and mark the location he wished his cargo to be dropped off. After which, he walked off, the caravan now proceeding quite well. He noticed the chained up woman, and frowned in disgust. "Pathetic." He muttered, loud enough to be heard by a keen ear or a raider's headgear. Vini considered moving in to help the woman, but it seemed that a young man with a scarred face was already helping her. He silently thanked him, glad to know the town wasn't just a haven for scum who like big guns.

Carter growled to himself under his helmet to hearing Dwayne's voice, shaking his head to himself. "Shit..." he cursed under his breath before turning to smile under his helmet to the scarred man. "Says the half blind man," chimed Carter back as Sasha glanced up to see Dwayne walk towards them. Her jade eyes locked to Dwayne's good eye, noting the second man from the merchant caravan behind them approaching the group. "No! We could not leave her in the middle of the desert alone, Doc. She rescued us from a group of twenty Reavers...she killed them all herself with two daggers," explained the captain of the small party as Carter smirked, waltzing right up to Sasha and grabbed her by the rump, pulling her right against him as he oogled at her through his helmet. "Now...a little babe like this...couldn't kill anyone," he purred. "But maybe I can get her to be a little wild in my place," he added with a dark grin.

The hustle and bustle of the hellish town of Pleasonton filled the air, never letting a moment of peace escape, a constant reminder of the world that everyone now inhabited. The heat of the sun continually pounded rays onto the planet, baking the dirt ground. The nearby tinkling and clattering of glass echoed throughout the Broken Bottle Bar and seeped out into the outside world, the raucous laughter also emanating from the inside rang out louder and harsher, no doubt Antonio's fellow mercenaries. While the dark-skinned man would prefer to spend his time alongside his mates drinking away the day...other matters had come up.

Just outside the bar, a back door led to a narrow alleyway cluttered with random trash and the occasional group of children. What stood out was the two men staring each other down.

Antonio Cromartie stood apart from a fellow Red Mask at chest height, face contorted in rage, standing aggressively wearing nothing but his boots, wool cap, and a dirty army-green pair of boxer briefs, his armor thrown to the side. The man opposite was more of a Hispanic looking man standing at least a head or two over Antonio, also stripped down to the most basic of clothing. The stench of their alcohol-themed breath assaulted the senses of either men, their minds still in a slight haze from their earlier drinks. Like the other mercenaries, Antonio and Ceasar, the opposing man, had gotten into a proper screaming match with various forms of obscenities strung in, eventually leading to a minor physical altercation that prompted the other mercenaries to urge them outside to settle their business. Some of the Masks chose to watch, leaning against the wall of the bar with drinks in hand, some even started to bet money.

Only after a few brief moments of tense silence, a battle cry was loosed from the lips of Caesar as the man charged forward, clasping his hands together, bringing them over his head, and slammed downwards in a hammer-type attack. Antonio was just quick enough to bring an arm over his head, blocking the blow but forcing his arm downwards a bit, straining to keep the hammer fist from cracking his head. In a move to turn the tides Antonio lunged forward, lowering his blocking arm and ramming his shoulder into the man's gut. A yelp of surprise rushed out of Caesar's mouth as he stumbled backwards from the short-distanced spear but was able to bring his unblocked fists upon the back of his assailant, landing squarely on the middle of his back, earning a growl of pain.

Shoulder still against Caesar's gut, Antonio wrapped his arms around the waist of the Hispanic with devious intentions in mind. Enduring the raining fists slamming into his exposed back, the shorter man used his raw strength to lift the taller man an inch or two off the ground, and with one final heave, fell forward with force, effectively bombing the Hispanic into the dirt ground back-first, a sickening thud and crunch ringing on impact. A chorus of cheers burst from the audience as Antonio slowly and unsteadily rose to his feet to stand above the prone opponent. He smiled a wicked smile, shoulders and chest heaving in deep gasps from exhaustion.

One by one, the victor attached the pieces of his scarred, olive-green colored armor back onto his body, securing his helmet to his belt, letting it dangle until needed.

"Now...if you'll excuse me...I have some business to attend to...away from here." He said as he pushed his way past his fellow mercenaries. Honestly he had no plans, it was a slow week, nobody needed a hired gun, which meant free days were to be had...and today was one of them. At least for now.

"Thats big talk Carter, from a man who hides in a suit of armor, grabbing a woman who can't defend herself." Dwayne hadn't fought hand to hand in a good minute, but good training lasts a long time, and the NSF CQC Trainers were very, very good. "Take the armor off Carter, I'll fight you here and now. I win, you fuck off, go jerk off in your hole, I dont give a fuck. You win? I'll pay your tab at the bar until one of us dies." Dwayne smiled crossing his arms over his chest, "I'd offer to let her fight, but I don't think your friends would take to kindly if she killed one of their brothers." He winked his blind eye at Sasha, then focused back on Carter

"So Dickhead, what'll it be?"

"You're being the dick head right now."

"Shut up, Chivalry isn't dead."

"It will be when we're pissing blood for a week."

"Im not that rusty."

"We're pretty rusty."

"Would you like to take over?

"Can you bring us back?"

"I wont leave."

It was a subtle change in his posture. The grin went away, the eyes softened, his arms went to his side. His good eye didn't leave Charles now, he was waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vini had seen enough, and as such, he decided to back up the scarred man. He walked up behind the captain, his steps slow and audible. He then drew his pistol in one quick motion, and put it right behind the man's head, pulling back the hammer of it. "I would do what the good man says, if I was you... Raider." Vini said, his voice seeming quite menacing through his gas mask, and his breath loud, and once more, a bit scary. He pushed the gun against the man's head a little harder. Then pulled it back slightly, though it was still poised to shoot at him at any moment. It was a gamble, but Vini could use this to make a name for himself, and hopefully get a few friends. He only hoped raiders didn't keep grudges... Or that the man he was aiming at was less valuable then the joy of taking Vini's own life. In hindsight, perhaps this wasn't the best idea...

Sasha remained silent to Carter's fingers running through her locks of blonde hair underneath her hood as he glanced over his shoulder towards Dwayne and chuckled heartily, shaking his head. "You think I would fight a cripple like you and get off of it scot free? Nice try, Dwayne," smirked Carter before he frowned under his helmet to the feeling of a cocked gun resting against his head, pushing off before he turned to look down at the merchant with his simple helmet. "You got a death wish, man? I can happily arrange it..." he growled. Sasha did not respond at first to Dwayne's wink, noticing how Carter was distracted.

Without a second thought, Sasha pulled back, yanking firmly on the chain as the man holding it yelped out and fell to the ground, letting it go. Sasha spun the chain to wrap around Carter's neck before yanking, making Carter gargle in surprise to the sudden grip around his neck as Sasha yelled out, slamming her feet firmly into his body as her legs began to kick him violently. Carter's friends began to race over to help as Sasha grunted, in the heat of the moment sending Carter flying into a couple of them. Jumping up to hug her thighs around another Raider's neck, Sasha spun violently to her side, sending the man flying in a tight circle before landing with a firm thud on the ground. Carter struggled with the chain around his neck, pulling at the metal rope eagerly in the attempts to get it off to breathe.

Dwayne had stepped back when Sasha suddenly moved, pulling the man down and then strangling Carter with the chain. He wasn't sure how long the entire fight, hell it wasn't a fight, but that didn't matter, Dwayne still didn't know how long the entire thing had lasted, but it seemed like a few seconds later Sasha was standing there alone, as Carter tugged at the chain.

"Holy shit."

Dwayne blinked a couple of times, then walked toward Sasha, "I like you. My name's Dwayne, dont let the NSF shirt fool you, Im not that bad of a guy." He looked at the Raiders still recovering from the beating they just received. "I believe you, me, and him." Indicating Vini, "Ought to split before more Raiders show up, I'd rather not face Jacinto when he sees what we've done here. Come on, you two can stay at my shack if you need, it ain't much but Eliza will like to have company." He looked between Sasha, still scared of her a little, and Vini, recognizing the NSF in him immediately, but he said nothing.

@LadyMatsudai @Jack Dennings

(However I am off to bed, good night.)

While Vini was impressed, he was not looking to kill a man just after entering the city, and for a second, he thought he had assisted in murdering a raider, the primary defenders of the city, not even five minutes after entering it. When Carter pulled at the rope, he sighed in relief that he hadn't died. It would have been quite the bother. He turned towards violent woman, frowning beneath his mask, and shooting her a look, though it was hidden beneath the green glow of his helmet's eyes. "A bit excessive, Miss. I'd get out of here while you have the chance... Can't say his friends are too happy about all this." The raiders had rushed over to Carter, and quickly freed him from his chains. To call Carter furious would be a gross understatement. Vini thought a moment, "I'm just going to take a wild guess here and say you aren't one for running... If I'm right..." Vinny spun his gun around his pointer finger, holding it so that the grip was facing her, "You can take this, and give us some covering fire if things go south. I agree with my new-found associate here in that we should get moving, and fast." Vini said, gesturing to the scarred man, who he now noticed upon closer inspector was indeed wearing NSF garbs.

Jacinto dragged the goon by the forearm as he left the dingy bar. The body of the unconcious man weighed at least two hundred and fifty pounds and Jacinto felt his weight with every tug. That and the occasional spasm, a result of the man's nervous system attempting to discharge the excess electricity provided by the shock charge.

As the Raider emerged into the sunlight he narrowed his eyes and scrunched his forehead in response to the brightness of the high sun and after a short period of adjustment he peered down the road in both directions, taking in the hustle and constant movement of the new day, inhaling a deep breath of the smoggy air before realizing just how thick and polluted it was, wishing for the clean filtered atmosphere of both his suit and the capsule he had grown so accustomed to. Before he could begin the arduous journey to his buggy, his receiver pinged three times with two second intervals between each ping, a code for Raider to Raider communications.

Jacinto sighed deeply at the noise, he didn't have the time, nor the patience to deal with the humdrum day to day of killing Reavers and setting fresh recruits straight, not that he never took pleasure in these matters, but after nearly thirty hours without sleep he would see the world burn if it meant a good night's rest.

After some internal deliberation, the senior Raider reached to his side and withdrew the receiver from his denim pocket, and as he rose the small electronic device to his blurry eyes he flipped it open, revealing a few lines of text sent by his CO.

-Trouble by the main gate-

-reports of brewing fight between refugees-

-and incoming scout party, handle it will you-

Read the words upon the small screen.

After a brief period of acceptance, anger, internal deliberation, and general frustration at the situation, Jacinto relented and began walking towards his buggy with the heavy goon in tow, not to bring his target to the interrogation room he had arranged in the slums, but to head to the gate to put a stop to whatever general violence was beginning to evolve there.

After several minutes of dragging the man down the street, drawing looks from all he passed, Jacinto came to one of his two quite modest and shoddy personal vehicles. The buggy he stood before was ragged, rusted, and covered in nicks and bruises but it was his, and it worked, and fortunately for the Raider it hadn't been stolen over the night, a lone bright spot in an otherwise disastrous twenty four hour period.

After hooking the criminal to the frame of the vehicle via a pair of handcuffs and after hooking the man to the passenger seat with the belt, Jacinto placed the key into the ignition and turned it gently, bringing the sputtering v4 engine to life with a small cloud of black smoke.

"You'd eh been rich you dumb fuckin mark bastard...... I'll rip yer eyes out and feed em to me dog...... I'll spoon feed ya it's feces when it defecates so ya eat yer own eyeballs ya motherfu-"

With one swift motion, Jacinto brought his fist to the side of the slowly waking crime boss's head, sending him back into the dreamworld he had returned from, for a time at least. With the silencing of the large brute, Jacinto pushed down on the peddle and revved the engine to life.

For a moment, Jacinto stared at the steering wheel, stunned and confused, before realizing that he had failed to remove his vehicle from park before accelerating. After blinking hard several times tor remedy his tired confusion, the Raider pushed the shift stick into drive and began heading down the road, moving through traffic with sloppy efficiency as he bolted towards the gate to solve whatever had been ignited between his idiotic scout crew and the civilians of the city.

As he approached the gate, he could make out an evolving scrum between a captive and several Raiders, content to watch for a moment more he pulled to the side of the street, roughly twenty yards from the conflict, watching to see what the captive was made of and if his scout party could handle it. As he came to a stop, placing the vehicle into park, he moved his hand to his side, withdrawing his handgun once more, flicking the setting to stun instead of explosive or regular bolts, preparing himself for any escalation in violence.

He could make out, through the haze in his eyes at least, the figure of a woman strangling one of his raiders with a chain. Jacinto chuckled to himself, thinking that it was impressive that a woman of her size could bring down a Raider with a chain, even if the Raider in question was a buffoon and a screw up. After several more seconds, the fight seemed to calm with the coming of other Raiders, each one helping their fallen comrade with the fiery and resourceful captive.

After checking his prisoner once more, Jacinto raised his tired body from the seat of his vehicle and began ambling towards the scrum. As he approached the scene he began chuckling slightly and as he came to them the chuckle evolved into a full blown laugh fueled by tired mania and amusement at the grounding of his subordinate by a person who he outweighed by at least sixty pounds.

Even with his eyes baggy and his clothing ragged and bloody, Jacinto walked into the circle of people with the confidence of a continent, looking directly at the woman in chains.

"Well done woman, what's your name?" asked Jacinto in a businesslike tone, contrasting directly with the laughing fit he had just emerged from.

Sasha said nothing at first to both men insisting she rush with them to safety, hiding from whatever looming eyes would be eager to find her and make an example out of her to all of the other 'pagan civilians' that would dare to challenge the peace of Pleasanton. Glancing down to the chains binding her, Sasha glanced up to speak to both men before her attention was captured by the murmurs and whispers of some of the other Raiders, stepping out of the way as a larger man marched through in strong strides. He must be one of those...Raiders then, given how the others stepped out of his way immediately. Their boss? A senior officer? Sasha could only guess what kind of rank the man had among these other men. But she could see it...the exhaustion in his face. Lines wrinkling his brow as his eyes grew heavy with fatigue, skin darkened from lack of sleep and blood covered his shirt. The outburst of laughter did not phase her much...she could spin tales of the nights she would find herself laughing insanely, crying endlessly, or a horrible cocktail of the two.

"Dr. Sasha Harrow Nejem..." she answered the man seriously, jade eyes darting from his gaze to the blood on his shirt. Stepping forward boldly, Sasha raised her chained hands to lift up Jacinto's shirt, examining him for any potentially serious wounds, brow furrowed as some of her blonde hair fell in front of her face. "Boss..." wheezed Carter, standing up as he shoved off the two other Raiders that were helping him to stand upright. "This...bi...bitch...nearly killed me...let me and my boys have...have at her...she deserves to die," he hissed through his helmet, still grimacing under the hood to the horrible feeling of struggling to get his lungs to breathe normally once more.

@HunterJJ

Vini was annoyed with the woman, he now knew as Dr. Sasha. Annoyed that she was so brash, annoyed that she refused his handgun. Annoyed that she would likely die soon. Approaching the boss of the man you just nearly killed for saving you? All in all, it seemed to be pretty up there on the list of terrible ideas. He would be quite surprised if their boss was alright with them be assaulted in the streets. Vini sure as hell wouldn't stand for that. But, you never know, this... Jerry? Jerin? Whatever his name was, this Mr. J seemed to be peaceful. For now. Vini would rather not be on the run, the raiders seeming to be a ruling faction, so he holstered his pistol, but kept ready to run at a moments notice. He wasn't going to die- Not yet.

"Bold, I like bold, she better not try anything" thought the tired officer in a simple internal voice, the kind that could only be mustered by the most tired of people.

Jacinto looked down at the woman who had taken interest in the bloody shirt he was wearing. For a moment the tired brain of the Lieutenant struggled to understand what she was doing, and then, after a moment the dots connected and he realized she was a doctor searching for wounds.

"Don't worry, it's not mine" he said in a friendly tone before looking back up at the winded Raider who stood before him, begging for revenge.

"Carter......"

"I can't even......."

"I just can't....... what is it about you that attracts so much shit"

"The only thing she damaged, other than the skin over your windpipe, is your fucking ego. Keep it in check before I put you on tower six for the next two months. You should be ashamed she put you in a submission hold wearing cuffs...... it's pathetic." said the officer in a quiet yet stern tone before turning his eyes back to the woman.

"So, doctor, what did you do to earn these?" asked Jacinto in a more personable voice, brushing his right hand over the chain that ran between the two cuffs that bound her.

As the bar grew noisier, Kat began to leave. She stepped out into the road filled with street rats and drunks. Her dark eyes glanced from side to side, as if to check her surroundings before moving forward. Her face was once again concealed by a hood, making others fearful and curious about her all at the same time. She proceeded towards the bounty board, and stopped once she was in front of it. Kat's eyes scanned the ones with the highest pay and that were the most difficult.

"Thought I'd might see you here." A deep, rough voice said behind her. She swiveled around to see a very tall figure standing with his arms crossed over his chest. His armor was a pitch black with orange designs on parts of the chest piece. A shotgun was strapped to his back, adding to the intensity. Even with his armor on, his muscles and aggressive stance stood out visibly.

"Jason. Long time no see." Kat responded with a grin. He smirked slightly.

"Lucian told me you were in town lookin' for some bounties."

"It's been too long. The wastelands are a pain in the ass." She shrugged. Kat turned her eyes back to the bounty board, scanning it slowly once more. Jason stood next to her now, his arms still crossed and a serious expression plastered over his scarred face. Kat nodded her head towards one of the bounty missions.

"There's a bounty for a required capsule part."

Jason read over the rest and smirked.

"Hundreds of reavers, huh? We'll see about that."

They accepted the bounty together and began to leave the city. Many of the filthy city dwellers recognized the two by their armor, and stepped back slightly as they walked past. Jason's face was serious and deadly. It was no surprise others were intimidated by him. Before they neared the entrance, a group of raiders and a few others stood not too far from the gates. The same woman in chains was there as well, catching Kat's attention. She slowly came to a halt. Jason frowned in confusion, and stopped too.

"Kat. You know these people?" He asked while flicking his eyes to the group, and back to her. Without taking her eyes off of the woman, she stared blankly.

"No," was all she muttered before they continued forward. They passed by them, but payed no attention to their quarrels. Jason reached behind him and pulled his shotgun off from his back just as they reached the main gates. Yanking his hand back, he cocked the weapon in a quick movement. The guard did not hesitate to let them through, and didn't bother speaking to them either.

The wind was filled with dust and debris, making Kat squint through the shrouded wasteland. Kat and Jason's helmets emerged from their armor and concealed their faces under the metal. A screen popped up in front of her eyes with every little detail about their mission.

"Military base, fifty miles east of here." She told Jason who stared off into the distance. He cracked his neck and loosened his shoulders before preparing to run.

"I'm ready when you are."

Kat met his glowing orange gaze with hers and nodded. They took off at an unbelievable speed, disappearing into the deserted wasteland.

(Oh my glob. This post and it's length... O.o )

"Doctor. She said it like she actually went to Med School. I call myself Doctor sometimes, but thats more of a crazy fantasy type deal." Dwayne was kind of talking to the air, to whoever was listening. "And, to be fair to Carter, I offered to fight him man to man, but he declined saying that my good eye gave me too much of an advantage." Dwayne smiled, then frowned.

"But on a more serious note Jacinto, I dont care that your men chained her up to bring her in the city, if she did what they said she did, and I think she did, I'd make her look like Houdini. But when Carter was feeling her up when she was restrained, none of your dogs did anything but laugh. That sends a bad note to anyone who watches, civilian or otherwise. Makes you guys look like NSF, and they ain't the good guys in this play anymore."

The Meeting.

"But thats enough from the cripple, I've got people to do and things to see." Dwayne started to walk toward Jackson's apartment.

Dwayne knocked on the door and was welcomed in by Jackson. The apartment was still a mess. Travis was still at the table and had a bottle of beer next to him. "Oh hey Dwayne -hiccup- we got bored -hiccup- but we can finish now that your here -hiccup-. Do you have a sober whatchamacallit?" Travis said in a light tone.

The video was still playing. The blueprints were on the table with marks made for possible plans. The map was also on the screen. Travis got up and walked over to Dwayne. He shook his hand and hoped for a soberilty syringe.

(My internet issues caused me to have to retype this a few times.)

"So, this is the guy with the mech?" Jackson said questioningly. "Doesn't matter, like I was saying our major problem will be getting back in to scout. I suggest we talk to a guy I know, he should be able to get us some drones. That way we can get them in faster, and watch these guys all the way up to the mission." Jackson said picking up his Honey Badger, and putting some magazines in his wrist cradle. " By the way, don't bring your armor or guns; The asshole is smart, he can set up a EMP field in his shop at anytime locking down any powered armor, and rail slash gauss weapons."

"Yeah, here you go." Dwayne pulled out the autoinjector and jammed it into Travis' leg, "You should feel good in a minute." Dwayne looked at Jackson and frowned, "What, so you're Price's best friend? You know an awful lot about the bastard for someone who hasn't had the pleasure of knowing him before." Dwayne walked around the apartment, he was unimpressed, someone who treats gear like this isn't someone worth knowing in his opinion, but he kept it to himself. "Price and his goons are Ex-NSF, not your run of the mill bandits. You're saying you want drones in, they're detect them." Dwayne leaned up on the wall looking out a window.

"Anyways, the EMP shouldn't be an issue, it'd shut down to many of their own systems because its such a confined area. Our best bet is to fine Eliza and I a way in, I make noise and you sneak in. We dont need to kill the gang, just bring back Price."

Travis felt the effects of the syringe almost instantly. "We need to do some more scouting first but I like your plan Dwayne." Travis picked up the blueprints and marked several tunnels. "We need to investigate these tunnels. I think Dwayne and Eliza need can check out the lower track tunnels. Which is here." He pointed to a tunnel." "Jackson should check out the highest tunnels for the repealing idea. Those are here." He pointed at the tunnels. I'll try the mid level tunnels here." Travis finished

"Remember we need to record everything and hope to build a better map. Oh I forgot to explain the map for Dwayne!" He gave a quick rundown of the map device. "We can borrow a ride from the garage. Dwayne how would you get your MEC to the sight?" Travis said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back