• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Beast of Tarulos

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Casey Jewels

Roleplay Type(s)
Recruitment/plot thread: Fantasy - The Beast of Tarulos
CS Thread: Fantasy - The Beast of Tarulos CS
OOC Thread: Fantasy - The Beast of Tarulos OOC

Malcolm strode through the busy streets of Kestmore, the capitol city of Varnor already crowded though the morning was still early. His cypress staff hit the cobblestone street with each step he took (only the main roads of the city had been paved) and his gaze swept over the people rushing this way and that. It wasn’t an unusual sight by any means, but there was an edge of fear to it all. Nobody knew what to do except try to go about their normal lives.

Okar. Pendilor. Norview. Then… Castershire. Four cities in four different countries, all destroyed by a beast.

The young man’s grip on the staff tightened just a little and his pensive look turned into a frown. He took another step forward, only to let out a sudden oomph! as a young girl barreled into him from an alleyway. Both of them stumbled back at the impact, and his green eyes met her murky brown. Her appearance was quite shabby, and she was stained with soot, but her expression was quite fierce. She was already turning to run when Malcolm reached out and caught her wrist.

“Let go of me!” She tried to jerk out of his grip and her left hand plunged into her satchel, as if she had some type of weapon there.

“Woah,” he said, and his grip loosened on her a little, though still he didn’t let go. “I mean you no harm, lass. You just might want to slow down a little, is all, before you barrel into a horse or somebody more unpleasant.”

She yanked her wrist out of his grasp. “I can handle myself, thank you very much.”

Malcolm looked the young woman over again. Her bow and arrows had been easy enough to notice at a first glance, backing up her words, but there was a slight tremor to her stance, a slight shiftiness of her eyes, as if she had been running from something—this was not the rising fear of the beast, but something much more recent.

“I have no doubt that you can,” Malcolm said to her. “However, I was on my way to eat some breakfast at The Dusty Roebuck Tavern, and I wouldn’t mind the company.”

She blinked, taken aback by his sudden offer. Her hands started to stray to her stomach and then she let them drop as she shook her head. “I’m fine.” Her gaze dropped to the ground. “I don’t need charity,” she muttered.

“Company is worth much more than a meal. You would be doing me the favor.”

She snorted at that. “Yeah, sure.” She looked back up at him. “Just leave me alone.”

Malcolm nodded. “Alright. You know where to find me, if you change your mind.” He moved past the girl, heading towards the outer edge of the city. She had cost him a little bit of his time, but he would still make the meeting early. Not that he regretted trying to help the girl, but there was only so much he could do for someone unwilling to accept help, and he had bigger things to worry about.

Would anyone even show up for the call of action he had made? Even with money as a motivating factor, it was a lot to ask of anyone, to go up against a beast that had not only destroyed four cities across the continent but had also killed the leaders and elite forces of five countries. Still, he had to try.

As he drew close to the tavern, which was located near the outer gates of the city, he became aware of hurried footsteps behind him, and then the girl from before was to his left. Neither of them said anything for a moment, but then she spoke.

“I suppose a bite to eat wouldn’t hurt. I’m Aya, by the way.”

“A pleasure to meet you, Miss Aya. I’m Malcolm.”

Aya rolled her eyes and her cheeks seemed to redden a little, though it was hard to tell underneath the soot and grime. “It’s just Aya.”

The two of them entered the dimly lit tavern. It wasn’t too busy at this time of day, but half of the tables had at least one occupant, chowing down on breakfast or starting early on drinking. His meeting would be held in a room in the back, but still he wondered if anybody here had come because of his call. He ordered breakfast for Aya and a light snack for himself, having already eaten. Aya glared at him as they were served at one of the tables, but then she dug right in to the bread, cheese, and nuts, as Malcolm nibbled on a single piece of bread.

Last edited:
Galahan had never been one that liked entering a town. The noise and large amount of people often put the Baur at unease. Though he had never been one to ignore a dream, and he wasn’t about to start. At the moment he stood outside of the town a pair of adult humans watched him as their child sat on a stump. The kid was coughing at regular intervals while Galahan seemed to be listening and going a pile of herbs he held in his big right hand.

Brightly colored flowers, oddly shaped mushrooms, bitter smelling mosses and other types of plants were kept in Galahan’s pouches. He should be in a hurry, that flyer had given a specific time, but when he’d come across this poor family, he couldn’t ignore it. The poor boy smelled of sickness. He was saying the names of the different herbs under his breath as he went about studying them until the towering Baur’s face went to a smile.

Brookerun’s moss should help. Magic wasn’t always necessary to cure an ailment. So long as there was a good medicine somewhat nearby. He lumbered over to the parent’s and showed them the violet-colored moss. “This is Brookerun moss. It helps cool and soothe the throat. It’ll stop the coughing if it can be stopped. It grows around creeks and streams. I picked this an hour’s march north of here.” Galahan spoke to them and deposited the plant to them. “Make sure to wash the plant of dirt first. I’d stay till he was well if I could, but the most I can do besides give advice is pray to spirits for his health” Galahan told the two before he turned away and told himself there were more important things at stake then the health of a child. Sad as that was to accept.

The broad-shouldered form of the Baur was an odd sight in the city as he slowly made his way around the city to where he remembered the meeting was to be. He’d heard about it from some traveler as he was healing those who’d run from one of the cities. It was some sort of tavern or something. Galahan could read a bit, but he wasn’t an accomplished reader by any means. Living out in the wilds wasn’t the best for learning such a thing. “Roe…Buck” Galahan whispered to himself as he scanned the signs over the buildings that he passed.

He stopped to examine one sign in particular that he was pretty sure read Roe. It wouldn’t hurt to walk inside just to make sure. He made his way through the door, ducking slightly so as not to rake the top of the doorframe with his bristles. It looked to be a place where mainly humans were stopping to have a drink. He looked around trying to spot who may be important. There didn’t seem to be any meetings going on at the moment though there was one human dressed differently than the others. He was sitting with a human female.

“Pardon me. Is this the Roebuck Tavern? I heard about a meeting there that’s important and… well I’m not the most… well versed in the written word” Galahan asked the man while he gave an explanation. They seemed to be eating and so he didn’t want to disturb but he’d hate to miss the whole reason he’d traveled into this noisy stinky place.

Mentioned: Casey Jewels Casey Jewels

Aya's mouth was full, though her hands had strayed back to her bag at the sudden approach of a stranger. Most days she was essentially invisible, appearing just like a beggar on the streets, and now there was yet another stranger bothering her. At least Malcolm had offered a meal. Before she had a chance to swallow down her bite and tell the strange to bug off, Malcolm pushed back his chair and stood. He offered the baur a smile and nod of greeting.

"You are in the correct spot, sir," Malcolm said. "I'm Malcolm, and the meeting will be started shortly. You're welcome to join us here while we eat, or wait in the back room. Whichever you are most comfortable with." He slid back into his seat.

Aya's eyes narrowed on Malcolm. "This isn't some elaborate trick, is it?" Lure her in, make her feel comfortable, just to return her back to the "family" she had run from. But no, why would somebody dressed in such nice clothes bother with her? He didn't look like someone tasked with the daily chores of keeping the peace. Her gaze shifted to the baur, who looked much more battle-worn. So Malcolm was working with others. Still, she grabbed a piece of cheese, taking a big bite of it. At least she was getting some food out of this ruse, or whatever was going on.

Yahhah Yahhah

Galahan listened while the human man got to his feet and answered his questions. He wasn’t unaware of the girl’s hostility but it didn’t bother him much. Wasn’t the first human to narrow their eyes at him and it probably wouldn’t be the last. He introduced himself as Malcolm and Galahan nodded and extended a hand for a shake.

“So, you’re here for the meeting too? That’s great, call me Galahan” the Baur introduced himself. At the explanation of where everything was going to be he spoke up again. “Well, sitting out here is probably better than ruminating in the dark. If you don’t mind the extra company, I’ll take a seat.”

Galahan slowly grabbed a chair and took a seat, making sure to move the bristles on his back in such a way so as not to poke anyone who happened to walk by. He chuckled when the girl asked whether or not this was a trap or something. “I sure hope not. I traveled a long way to get here” Galahan said good naturedly. The smell of food did make the Baur’s stomach growl and so he reached into a pouch on his belt and began to rifle through it. Bringing out a handful of berries that he began to pick at.

Mentions: Casey Jewels Casey Jewels

"Sorry," Malcolm said to Galahan. Maybe he shouldn't have waited to explain things to Aya. Then again, he had been hoping to ease a little bit of her distrust before others joined them. "She doesn't know what's going on."

Aya's gaze narrowed once again. "And what exactly is going on?"

"We are here to meet about the beast attacking the land and to try and do something about it."

Aya snorted and looked between the two of them anew. "You think you can do what rulers and warriors couldn't? You're both mad." She turned back to what was left of her food.

Malcolm exhaled softly, it looking like the moment of tension was past. He turned his attention back to Galahan. "I'm glad you were willing to make the journey. We could use all the help we can get." He looked to his comrade's meager meal. "I can pay for a meal here for you too, if you would like."

Yahhah Yahhah

Three Yuan-Ti Hunters made their way through the last remaining patch of forest that kept them from their designated location. A tavern in a foreign city. Perhaps cleaning the swamp's and forest's filth from their Hunting garbs would help make for a better first impression; it was obvious that their unorthodox appearances certainly wouldn't.
The eldest of the group spoke up once they made it to the clearing.

"We've made it, but ssstill our brothers are gone with the mist." He said with a sibilant and deep voice, like grinding a nail against a board and forcing out what little it could say in a decent manner, while taking the rest of its ear-wrenching speech as well. The group's youngest, Ignusi, responded in a lower tone with his words instead being a smooth stream of tongue flicks, lip pops and throat contractions. "It is too late to worry now... had they survived the fog, they would have had our scent long ago." he licked his own sharp fang with a forked tongue that was reminiscent to that of a human's.

The trio's leader sounded like an uneven mix of the former two's. "Sssilence, Pureblood. They will handle themselves. No Orsocoxl Hunter that I know of has been 'lost' in the foggiest of swamps or thickest of forests. They merely took a shorter route, that is all. We must go, the paper reads to show early and the sky's light beats us to the horizon."
With a flick of his long purple tongue, he glanced back at the two to make sure his words had been made out.
Ignusi rolled his eyes and pulled his torn hood lower, but did not rebuttal.

Vushk gestured a claw toward a brick tower which peeked over the wall that enclosed their site of interest, "We are almost there. The chieftess will reward us handsomely for such an expedition, and not to mention the sssongs that will be sssang once we bring a piece of the beast's head back..." A large grin grew from his mouth, making its way high up his tan-scaled face. No-one else had an argument there.

The Hunting Pit continued to the gate's checkpoint, the last remaining members of the group's former complement.

Last edited:
Galahan gave a nod while Malcolm explained things, again the girl showed a tongue that the Baur ignored. "Something needs to be done, and it seems that the fates have spurned my feet onto this path and so here I am" Galahan explained. He popped another berry into his mouth and chewed slowly, enjoying the sweet flavor of the fruit. "That's a very generous offer though I feel I'll decline. I think I like the taste of the wild more than that of a kitchen. Though it does smell lovely," Galahan did his best to politely decline the offer as he went along. "I carry plenty of rations with me, they will suffice."

The Baur seemed to scan the pair of humans. He did wonder why the girl was here if not to join the mission, they were dressed quite differently so Galahan assumed they weren't of the same ilk as in his experience humans tended to dress the same when they were of the same family. He paused to pick a small piece of berry that'd caught on one of his tusks as he seemed to study this place around him.

"I do wonder how many more will join in" Galahan wondered allowed as he finished cleaning the tusk. Malcolm didn't have the look of a warrior at least not the sort of warrior that Galahan was familiar with. Galahan, despite appearances was no warrior either. The dream had told him there'd be others, though he didn't know how many or what sorts.

Mentions: Casey Jewels Casey Jewels

"Soldier's Mead," he said to the barkeep. Rylen was perched on a rickety stool even older than the gray-haired hunter.

"You? A soldier? Heh! Don't look like much tuh me."

Rylen slapped down a coin, hoping to quiet the jerk with money, but he kept on going. "No, no...let me guess. Your wife left ya for another podger 'n now ya wish to drown in the hard stuff!" The barkeep was practically spitting at this point as he attempted to sum up a man's life in a single sentence. Just a cold stare is all he got in response. "Eh, fine! Keep your bloody secrets then..."

Rylen grabbed his pint of mead and scanned the room thoroughly. As one who spent a lifetime tracking things down, it took little time to figure out the right table. Staff. Cypresswood, of the mages. Not to mention what appeared to be an archer and a new arrival who towered above everyone there.

Rylen's chainmail shook lightly under his leather jerkin and hide overcoat as he approached. He gazed at the trio with hawk eyes. "Hunter, from the East. Here for the contract," he spoke briefly before taking a sip from his mug.

Casey Jewels Casey Jewels
Yahhah Yahhah

Malcolm again rose to his feet in greeting. "Welcome, sir. You're in the right place. I'm Malcolm. We'll be starting the meeting shortly."

Aya swallowed down the last bite of cheese (she had already finished the bread), though now her pace slowed as she ate the nuts, her stomach no longer empty. She had been tensed to flee as the older man had approached, but he seemed to be here for the same reason as the other two. What a lark. Though she recalled it now, when the call had first come out. The two sisters of the family she was indentured to had latched onto the news like it would save them, but their mother had been quick to extinguish that hope with the same hard facts Aya had stated only a few minutes before. Then that had been that. But... now she was here, mixed in with the very people who planned on tangling with the beast.

"There's money involved?" The words were out of her mouth before she had meant them to be and she flinched back a little, not wanting to draw any further scrutiny from the hawk-eyed man. Even if he was here for the beast, the last thing she wanted was to be recognized for a runaway.

Malcolm nodded. "There is."

Jabroni Jabroni Yahhah Yahhah

Galloping at a high speed through town, a hooded figure rushes towards Roebuck Inn, hands tightly gripping the leather reins with determination.

The princess had been traveling for weeks on horseback, at first without any direction but eventually stumbled across flyers... Flyers in search of the beast. The beast that killed her step-father. It was then she knew this was the reason her heart begged to leave. To avenge the many killed by this beast and to bring her mother peace. She could not return home before then.

Finally arriving at the tavern, she hitched her loyal steed to a post, clinging the hood of her cloak close to her knowing secrecy was best in a situation such as this, and swung open the door. The first thing that hit her was the fresh smell of baked bread and searing meats which instantly reached her stomach. She had been without a proper meal for a while, perhaps sitting and having a bite to eat wouldn't be a bad idea.
Secondly, her eyes scanned the room falling on the small party who all seemed from different areas of Tarulos. Perhaps that was the group she was looking for. With confidence, she strode over with a palm on the hilt of her sword, just in case...

"I assume you all here are for the same reason as I. The contract?" She held herself with high importance in stature, although this may have been simply instinct.

Casey Jewels Casey Jewels Yahhah Yahhah Jabroni Jabroni

Galahan paused in his looking around to notice a man come forward with the look of some kind of fighter on them. Someone with a hardened look that could apparently back it up was a welcome sight in Galahan's eyes. "Good to see others to fight beside." Galahan could hear the girl nearby apparently reconsidering her former views to Malcolm. He made no comment on that. Even if money was a factor goodness was goodness and from what Galahan knew of humans money was a leading factor for a good few of their decisions.

He was brought to more attention as another girl. This one with apparently some elvish blood in them. Much different from humans Galahan had little to no experience with elves. He'd met a few that had mixed parentage and after a bit of closer inspection that is what he assumed this individual had. "Aye, that's what I'm here for." Galahan answered with a nod and a bit of thoughtfulness, this Baur had never been one to speak for others.

So the spirits had been right about the group, Galahan had just been early.

He raised a hand slightly as he realized introductions may be in order when it comes to new arrivals, "the name is Galahan."

Casey Jewels Casey Jewels Jabroni Jabroni roseimps roseimps

Again Malcolm rose and offered the newcomer a welcome nod. Aya rolled her eyes at that. It had to be exhausting. Then again, the newcomer acted with an air of importance, and her hand rested on her sword's hilt. As untrusting as Aya was, at least she waited for a sign of trouble before reaching for weapons. This girl was already ready to chop their heads off.

"I'm Malcolm," the mage said, "and you have come to the right place." He smiled at her. "If you have need of food or drink, just ask." He grabbed his cypress staff. "It can be brought back with us, as I believe it is time we moved to a back room to discuss details." At his words, the distant sound of a bell tolling the hour reached them.

Show-off. Aya ate the last of the nuts and then downed her drink. Still she sat there for a moment, deliberating. She had no clear plans, other than just to survive and to not get caught. Beyond that, she had nothing. This man before her, Malcolm, had given her a meal so casually, and had just offered to the same for the others. Not to mention his clothing was upper class. If she had even a fraction of the money he did, maybe she could lead a life worth living. Or maybe she would just be throwing her life away, another casualty to the beast.

roseimps roseimps Jabroni Jabroni Yahhah Yahhah

"There's money involved?" he heard the young archer blurt out. Apparently she never read the flyers. He suspected almost everyone here came for the money besides maybe this woman who had just joined them. There was something dignified about her manner which Rylen picked up on. Yes, different from even the intellectual sounding baur. He figured the big man to be some kind of steppe tribalist turned journeyman. But from the cloaked woman, he couldn't say for sure.

"Aye," he replied to the cloaked stranger. "The Contract." After a few more words were exchanged, Malcolm ushered them all toward the back of the tavern. Rylen immediately followed behind, the sounds of hard leather twisting around himself.

Yahhah Yahhah
roseimps roseimps

Lucasta acknowledged the three who spoke to her, but the majority of her interest was that in the mention of food. She lightly clenched at her stomach with her gloved hand, her face twisting in discomfort. "I won't decline a meal. It's been a few weeks since I've had anything proper." She responded to Malcom with a slight nod. Her eyes scanned over the other three briefly, taking in their appearance and general mystique before following the young wizard closely behind, her right hand eventually leaving the pommel of her sword. These people didn't seem to outright know of her which was a good thing. She expected her mother to send people to find her, so her keeping her guard up was necessary.

Yahhah Yahhah
Jabroni Jabroni

After a quick order for two breakfasts (Aya still hungry for more), Malcolm led the group into the backroom. The room was dark, but he hit his staff hard against the ground and a ball of light appeared above his staff before splitting and flying to the torches set against the wall. The magic did not burn, but gave off the same appearance as flickering flames. The light revealed a circular table in the center, to which Malcolm moved to.

There had been no one waiting for them, so this was going to be it, then. A much smaller group than he had hoped, but at least he wasn't doing this alone.

"Welcome," Malcolm said as everyone sat, though he remained standing. "Thank you for answering the call, no matter the reason." He paused as a serving girl came in and deposited Lucasta's and Aya's food in front of them, which gave him a moment to gather his thoughts. "Now, let us not waste anytime. The reward is as stated in the flyers--30,000 gold coins per person who helps to kill the beast." An amount he had been hesitant to offer, for fear he could not deliver on his promise if too many flocked to it, but that fear had been unnecessary.

-

Aya choked on her bread and pounded on the table as she forced the food down. She took a quick drink to try and clear her throat, though still she wondered if she had heard the mage right. No wonder everyone before her was ready to throw their lives away. With that much money, she wouldn't have anything to fear.

Malcolm started to talk again, and it was only then she realized he had stopped at her sudden display. Her cheeks burned lightly. How many stupid things could she do today? It was already painfully obvious she was the least qualified one here.

"While I am a man of my word," Malcolm said, "I don't expect your trust. As such, here are the contracts." He pulled some papers out of his cloak and laid them out before each of them. Aya glanced at hers, but the words and letters were meaningless to her, she having never learned to read. "I am willing to help outfit you for the journey, if you lack the funds. Also, if I am to die but you succeed in slaying the beast, you will still receive your money. If he does not find you first, come back to this tavern and ask the barkeeper for Jarold. Jarold will make sure you are paid."

roseimps roseimps Jabroni Jabroni Yahhah Yahhah

Galahan got up from the table and took a moment to push the chair where he'd been sitting back into place before following the others to a back room where Malcolm began to lay out the plan in front of the assembled group. Galahan listened and nodded along to Malcolm's speech. He didn't have much need for money, where he lived the concept of coin didn't come up very often. He didn't mention anything of it however. He was sure he could use it for something, and some of these other folk may find his involvement suspicious if he mentioned not wanting payment.

Galahan's head swiveled over to give a concerned look to the girl who seemed to choke for a moment only to see them fine. Malcolm continued speaking and gave out a bunch of contracts to the group. He squinted his eyes as he tried to make out the words scribbled upon it. Some words made sense or were recognizable. Others were not, most were not. Galahan would take Malcolm's word for it. The Baur didn't think that he was trying to pull the wool over any of their eyes.

"I should need no more equipment than what is on me." Galahan spoke up when it was mentioned that any of them may need outfitted for this journey. He should have herbs for the trip and when he ran out of herbs there was always magic.

Casey Jewels Casey Jewels roseimps roseimps Jabroni Jabroni

Rylen grimaced at the mention of Jarold. He wondered if that was the sorry louse who served him earlier, or if Jarold simply stepped out for a moment. Naturally, he found it hard to trust a man like that with a giant bag of gold coins.

"And if Jarold should decide to keep the money for himself, what then?" Rylen questioned Malcolm with his hands planted against his waist. "What keeps him to his word?" He didn't particularly want to argue about the particulars, considering financially he was quite solid. But it was about the principle, and if they were to risk their necks there must be assurances.

roseimps roseimps
Yahhah Yahhah

Malcolm kept his composure, though he wanted to sigh. This was a line of questioning he didn't want to go down--not for the money sake, but because Jarold was his closet remaining connection to the throne, who had kept quiet about there being a direct living heir to Varnor simply because Malcolm had asked him to.

"I am not wealthy enough alone to finance this venture," Malcolm said. "Jarold has connections to Varnor's late Royal Family's money, and has received approval to grant a reward to those who slay the beast. You can go straight to the palace to calm your reward if you so desire, but it is much quieter to go through indirect channels, such as asking the barkeeper to get into contact with Jarold. The bartender is simply a contact point, while I trust Jarold with my life." Malcolm spoke the last line directly to Rylen, having noticed the grimace. He then gestured at the contract. "If that still isn't enough insurance, the contract binds Jarold just as much as it binds me. This then also binds the palace, as Jarold has hired under the table for Royal Business matters before."

Sensitive information, but honesty in one area would obscure his own connections to the palace. Jarold wouldn't be happy about it, though, as the man preferred secrecy.

Jabroni Jabroni roseimps roseimps Yahhah Yahhah

The doors to the tavern were shoved aside by a duo from outside while the group were discussing in the backroom. An odor of old wilderness and unwashed garbs entered with the the two Yuan-Ti who were dressed in rugged leather and bone clothing, though it wasn't just the dirt of the wild causing this stench-- it had a twist of a stinging chemical, one that clung to the noses and eyes of the lot who inhaled it.

Their hoods had been pulled over their eyes, likely not as a disguise, or as a fashion statement, but it was a strange thing to note. The bottom of their faces appeared scaled, not of a health issue, but of a reptile. Their whole bodies were covered in these scales, matter of fact.

One of the patrons who were closer to the entrance momentarily gagged on their beverage at the sudden stink of the fumes. His eyes grew slightly bloodshot as he tried to keep a calm composure and rub them. His stoic manner lasted a few seconds before quickly deciding to just get up and clear the building, to evacuate the cloud reeking from the mouth and nose of Vushk and his second-in-command-- Ruzk -- with each breath they took.

Outside on the streets was a less reptilian-looking hunter who had been appointed to keep the group's weapons safe. Entering a foreign ground while armed belied the goal of discussion, or at least that's what Vushk had understood to be the case from watching others. However, his hygiene etiquette was far from minded-- and he knew just as much.

From under the cowl that hid Vushk's face, his serpentine eyes flicked toward a bartender with not a single blink. His face lit up and in semi-broken common, but in a calm and sharp tone, Vushk took the lead and spoke "Come... to take gold. K-kill wolf-?" He tripped up on his words "kill beast, kill beast." he corrected himself [he had recently looked over a Common dictionary and 'Wolf' was the only predator word that really stuck with him]. He had tried to say he came for a job that payed gold to kill a beast, but his lingual status with the language decided to make it sound more like he wanted to rob a monster.
When it came to common, it took a while for him to get used to it since he rarely needed to exercise the language, but in Yuan-Ti or beastfolk tongue, he could hold a conversation for hours.

By his side, Ruzk stood slightly back. While bulkier than his superior, he definitely wasn't the biggest guy in the room. However, he certainly was the most off-putting with the combination of a hostile look, a brutish physique, a pungent odor flowing with each exhale.

"You're driving away customers," the bartender growled.

Still, he jerked his hand in the direction of the back room, even as he fought his own nausea. His line of work had him constantly dealing with various unpleasant smells, but this level was one he did not experience often. The sooner they were out of his hair, the better. Maybe he could even demand a extra gold coin from the mage for his trouble. "The group you're looking for is in the back room."

Yung_Toasterbath69 Yung_Toasterbath69

He caught his partner's attention in Yuan-Ti tongue "Ruzk! The one who pays is further inside, come now."

"Hold your nerve. Only a moment, and I will join you. A hunter-- furthermore a Warguide -- sssuch as yourself should know patience." Ruzk rebutted.
Both hunters shallowed their breaths so as to suppress the range and effects of the gas that resonated from them.

Vushk would enter first, with Ruzk preparing to follow behind. However, before Ruzk could enter, Vushk's tan-scaled arm rose to halt him at the entrance, causing the bulky Yuan-Ti to sneer in a short fit of pique, but Vushk paid him little mind.

He stepped forward toward the group and instantly began to gaze at the individuals one by one from behind his hood's cloth.
After waiting long enough, he quickly bowed forward toward the group and placed a fist over his chest with the other arm firm at his side-- a salute, or gesture of respect, though obviously out of place.

"The Orsocoxl Clan Hunting Pit arrives to assist in the hunting of your beast. I am Warguide Vushk, the acting emissary of the great Chieftess." He stated in almost perfect Common; polar opposite to his prior encounter with the bartender.

Most of his torso and limbs were exposed down to the skin, with only a few areas being protected by worn-out leather that wouldn't stop much past a small dagger. Most of the areas that were covered for decency were done so with knitted-together wraps of fiber and cloth instead of true clothing. No shoes were worn, but instead scaly feet protected by thick bandages of fiber stood. Overall, there was a very weathered and inexpensive look to the clothing, like the majority of it could be replicated in only a day of gathering and non-stop weaving.

Most obvious to notice from the clothing, the top half of a predator's skull rested on his right shoulder. Its complementing lower half can be seen on Ruzk's left shoulder.

Late Royal family. Of course! Who else could put up such a bounty? "Very well," Rylen replied as he got ready to sign the contract just before the two reptilians entered the room. He immediately went for his sword hilt, not drawing it but readying himself just in case. They carried a scent not unlike some predators he was used to tracking down. Therefore it came as a surprise when one of them spoke up in almost perfect common tongue, declaring itself to be an important member of what Rylen assumed to be some "lizard" society.

Yahhah Yahhah
Yung_Toasterbath69 Yung_Toasterbath69

"Welcome. We'll be glad to have your party join us. I'm Malcolm."

Aya continued to munch on her food as Malcolm rose to his feet yet again and gave a welcoming nod. Maybe he had been a servant at the place, with the constant show of respect. Though, he didn't seem the servant type. There was no time to dwell on that, though, as she took in Vushk. She couldn't place his race, but with how little she had seen of the world, that wasn't a surprise. That would be another good thing about this venture--she could finally get some experience and be taken a little more seriously. The rest of them had certainly been on prior adventures.

"We were just going over some of the details of the contract," Malcolm said to Vushk. "I can fill your party in afterwards if you would like. However, everything you need to know is written in the contract itself."

Yung_Toasterbath69 Yung_Toasterbath69 Jabroni Jabroni Yahhah Yahhah

The keen nose of a Baur picked up something foul entering the bar. Galahan instinctively grimaced as he moved his hand to cover his nose as he looked towards the entrance to their own meeting room. The words of Malcolm and Rylen were somewhat lost on the hermit as he tried to keep the stench out of his system. It did end up leaving which he was thankful for but he did still hold his breath for a few moments to be sure.

Galahan had never before seen the type of creature that walked in. There were two of them and they seemed to carry reptilians. Galahan may have heard a story or two about them but he had never met one. "Um, yes. The more the merrier" Galahan said quickly while inspecting the speaker. "I am Galahan, hermit of the... North" Galahan introduced himself once more, adding a title to it to match the reptile man.

Casey Jewels Casey Jewels Yung_Toasterbath69 Yung_Toasterbath69 Jabroni Jabroni

"Underssstood, friend Malcolm." Vushk acknowledged the man in a friendly tone.
When he finally navigated his hand to a nearby chair (which would be pulled under the table), Vushk sat with a clawed hand propped onto the table; he stared at Malcolm through his makeshift veil, awaiting the man's next word. It was obvious he was the presiding individual here. He got a

The second hooded reptilian, now entered the room without an introduction,
He came to Vushk's side and crossed his arms opposingly. His entire demeaner explicitly said that he didn't like being outnumbered. Ruzk took the contract from his pouch and began to look it over, not out of care for its contents, but so he wouldn't have to place his attention on Malcolm.

His mouth rose back into a wide smile, exposing his fangs. He nodded at Galahan in a friendly manner, repeating the former salute at the Baur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back