• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Battle to Find the Greatest Partner of All (Starring me. Co-Star: You?)

TheEnchantedQuill

*Vampire Rat Lady*
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Well hello there!
I'm Desmond, however, you can call me pretty much any variation of Desmond. I think the most creative one I've heard so far has got to be Desington.
I'm a high school student with plans to dual major in some science (If I can ever finally pick one) and Literature/CreativeWriting. I also want to study linguistics but that's enough about my future. Let us discuss OUR possible future.

More About Me
  • I joined RpNation and a couple of other roleplay sites a long time ago, probably 3-5 years but who is keeping track. I have loved roleplaying and world-building for as long as I can remember (Which isn't very far. I have some memory loss episodes here and there). My passion is the creatures, characters, and worlds I create. It has become an outlet to my views and emotions, and an overall journal of some sorts. When my mind feels jumbled or I contradict myself, I tend to look at it in a less realistic sense. Turns out life feels easier to comprehend when you look at it as a book in progress.
  • I draw! Not great but not too bad. I love drawing fantasy. (Glad my creative outlets go hand and hand).
  • I play games! Mostly story-based games and usually on pc or ps. I tried to play COD once but I've come to the conclusion that I'm one of those people who doesn't take multiplayer very serious.
  • I have an entire fantasy world (Semi-mapped out galaxy)! Its called Zorth and it's my baby. Most people look at it as if its this colossal giant, but I have had select few realize that it is easy to handle when you ask me questions/get invested in the design.
  • If us partnering up doesn't work out, I am still fully open to making new friends or even just randomly sending memes back and forth to one another. I'm a very laid-back person.
  • I struggle with a lot of personal things in my life, and right now my family is going through some tough things. Please keep in mind that sometimes I may seem very standoffish, just give me some time to reboot. (I might just be hangry)
  • I am in EST! So yay timezones.
  • English is my first language but I am currently studying: Spanish, German, and just now dabbling in French.
What I look for In a Partner
  • Patience! I am not big on quick and speedy replies. I like to take my time. Writer's block occurs more frequently when under stress so I try to aim more towards developing our story in a slow and steady manner. I will sometimes post 1-3 times a day. Sometimes it might be a week or maybe two. But I assure you, I probably haven't forgotten that it is my turn to respond. (It is very possible I have forgotten. Just slip a reminder into our OOC conversations.)
  • Kindness! I am a relatively kind person and I try to be as professional and on point as possible. However, life throws some really ugly things at us sometimes and I might not feel very happy go lucky or professional some times. Give me some time to collect myself or maybe even try to make me laugh! Laughter is my second favorite medicine. (Besides food. Nothing beats food).
  • Open-Minded! Lgbt content is not a must but I do ask that you be considerate if it is apparent in some outside characters. Also, some of the things I write/create have some taboo/questionable content. Whether it be incestual royalty (Keeping the bloodline clean) or Dragonfolk (Half-humanoid half dragon. Yes. This is fantasy. Welcome to the concept of species mingling. *Cough* Firebreather was a kids movie and his father was at least 10 times the size of his mother *cough*).
  • Creative! I am looking for a person who is able to create just as much as I am. Someone who can present an idea and be open to it not being my cup of tea. Just as I would expect you to be honest and tell me if one of my ideas are not your cup of tea. Creativity is something I can't exactly explain but I'm sure you can understand what I mean.
  • Honest! If you don't like a certain topic, idea, concept I have brought forth, PLEASE tell me. If you don't see us being partners or even friends TELL ME. You don't have to be mean, to be honest. I appreciate an honest person.
What can you Expect from Me and my Roleplay Expectations
  • Post size: I post anywhere from 3-12 paragraphs per post. There are sometimes when they get short but they usually pick up in size again.
  • Reply Speed: 1-14 days. Sometimes 1-3 posts per day on really good days. (Don't count on too many of those since I usually expend that extra energy with friends/family).
  • Genre: I am open to anything. I usually combine genres into one massive story. But some favorites are:
    • Fantasy
    • Sci-Fi
    • Historical
    • Myths/Legends
    • Cyber/steampunk (things of that nature)
    • Things like Alice in Wonderland and James and the Giant Peach where you have realistic beginnings that fall into an odd/peculiar world.
    • Apocalypse! (Even though I haven't done one)
  • Interests in roleplay
    • Lineage/Family-ish. I prefer roleplays where the two characters interact and learn more about each other's families and create their own. I enjoy the drama and conflict types that come from it.
    • Romance! Romance is definitely a must for me. I don't think romance is the key factor of any movie with a pair, I think its the story they create as a unit. Their lives before, during, and after them becoming a couple. I am all for the romantic drama/conflicts.
    • History/Legends! I love to explore the history of the world. Whether it be a prophecy, an old family secret, or traditions coming to haunt the main characters.
    • Fandoms! I have never actually had a roleplay where I have explored a fandom. I do know I wouldn't want to use existing characters, I prefer the concept/setting more so than anything.
    • I am looking to play a female lead. But you could convince me to play male.
  • Things I'm not interested in
    • Combat. I do not care for fight scenes or battle. I can roleplay it out but it will never be my focus or expertise.
  • Open-minded. If you want to do space pirates conquering planets. Go for it. Please, PLEASE feel free to brainstorm with me, bounce ideas off of me, or even suggest something like the apocalypse during the 1950s. I am so open to anything like that.
  • I write triggering/sensitive subjects in backstories and during the plot. If you have triggers or are sensitive to any content please warn me ahead of time. I do not write explicit gore, torture, or anything of that nature. It is usually briefly mentioned or implied. So most people usually do not have any complaints/issues. But I like to play it safe.
  • Multiple Diverse characters. I play as many characters as I feel necessary. I may ask that you play some as well.
  • Grammar/Spelling. I am not too harsh but I do ask that you proof-read. I will make mistakes or overlook things too so don't feel bad if you notice you made a mistake.
  • My obsession with my world. Zorth, as I said, is my baby. And I will reference it quite often.
Conclusion
I currently have two roleplays going on. One has been going on for a year and a month now and the other for 7 months. I am a long term roleplayer and most of the time the first roleplay idea doesnt work. I am happy to keep trying until we find a plot/characters that work for us. Thank you so much for your time. If you have any questions or comments leave them below or pm me. Have a wonderful day, afternoon, evening.

Last edited:
Heres some information on Zorth :D (My Fantasy world)

Zorth is a world that has had intelligent life way longer than Earth. Earth made contact with these people after learning that their planet was becoming inhabitable and there was no time to finish their relocation launch to Mars. Instead, they trusted these aliens and built domes in different areas where they kept the requirements the Zorthians had. They were told to bring a sample from every living creature on Earth left and every mineral/metal they had. As well as documents of their research over the past thousands of years mankind has been alive. Long story short everything was a setup and humans were put in camps to keep them safe. In reality, Zorth knew that humans had destroyed their planet on their own and did not deserve to have the chance to destroy Zorth. Zorth is a highly unusual planet. It is relatively the size of Jupiter and has 12 moons. The axial tilt is very similar to that of Earth which means seasons, weather, and the location of the equator is almost the same as Earth.
Jupiter-sky-tonight-Earth-opposition-how-to-see-watch-1337440.jpg
(reference^^^)
Zorth has three habitable moons. Some of those moons are the size of Earth. A population of 98 billion. There are many diverse species of humanoids on Zorth that all live Normal lives. The Elite Three are Vampires, Elves, and Angels. (Angels aren't what most would think. They are just winged people with a tail). There are many variations of Vampires. Four different Elves. And three different Angels. The WWW is also quite a powerful species(Witches/Warlocks/Wizards). Skin colors vary depending on climate/exposure to magic. Yes, there is magic in the air. Zorth has discovered three new elements on the periodic chart and the only one I can really explain is Makium which is basically magic. It has 7 continents 15+ islands and 4 untouched land masses. In Zorth there is a balance and method to their madness. There are tons of languages as one could imagine. On different continents, technology is either medieval or super high tech. Helim is the most advanced and Lodile is the most medieval.
Zorth Map with colored tech status.jpg
Red: Medieval Technology
Yellow: Modern-ish Technology
Teal: High Technology
Brown: Unimportant/Not written in stone yet

It's pretty much a place where anything and everything is possible. The planet has space docks and it isn't uncommon for species from other planets to buy their way into Zorth. So yeah. Of course, we probably wouldn't use 1/4 of the actual lore since it will only be two characters and their lives. A lot of people get a bit intimidated because they think: I have to memorize all of the lore!

Also Bump.

Last edited:
I’ll happily roleplay with you. I am quite fond of apocalypse roleplays. Particularly, zombies though I like when there are different types like in games such as Left 4 Dead. But if you don’t want to do that kind of roleplay then we can think up another one!

Some Ideas of mine! (Bump)

• The Three Keys
    Causing chaos and panic wherever their ship lands, these three highly wanted space criminals have not only taken over planets but they supposedly have killed one of the princes of the ash or the far beyond in Zorthian lingo. (We would see it as the afterlife/underworld)

The leader of this deadly trio is one of the 13 parasites left in the entire universe. Who seems to be able to break parasite code: "never interfere with life, death, or balance". His name has not yet surfaced but many refer to him as the puppeteer.

The second in command is Lady Widow. A gradient seer who once lived a quiet life on Alacu a planet in a far galaxy. To be marked with her black kiss means certain death. (She wears poisonous lipstick)

Last but certainly not least, a celestial elf with a very short fuse. Unlike the others, "Val", seems to be much younger, around 16 at least. He seems to be very skilled in disabling other ships, controlling large weapons, and causing an entire planet to go 'dark'. (He is their tech guy really)

After years of wreaking havoc on 37 planets and breaking intergalactic space laws. The three have a huge bounty on their head and are wanted alive. But no one has ever been successful in bringing them in.

Hello lovely! I adore a good coming of age story, where two fall helplessly in love, course not at first. Love me some drama, angst, and heartbreak.
Let me know, if maybe you’d like to write!! (:

Not a requirement but if you would like to, I would love to see a sample. Pm me? I can't wait to hear from you.

(Bump)

Vampires of Zorth

• Fangs&Feeding Within the mouth of this predator lies three pairs of unique teeth.

Primary Fangs.jpg
    Droolers.jpg
    Secondary Fangs.jpg
    Illness, Disease, & Weakness Vampires walk tall and proud. So what does hurt these magnificent beasts if nothing from old human lore works? While running water, crosses, and sunlight can not hurt these vampires, their only true weakness is their own venom. Anti-Venom is venom that has been extracted from a pureblood vampire. This is very dangerous for vampires. Contact with skin causes acid-like melting if inhaled or ingested it will cause internal bleeding. Anti-venom isn't the only thing that can hurt them, in fact, most Zorthian metals can pierce and penetrate a vampires skin; however, only certain metals can break through the protective layers of tissue beneath the skin. If you are looking to kill a vampire (why would you, you murderous lunatic) most things that can kill a person in much higher doses/quantities will kill a vampire. Their bones and body are made to endure very extreme conditions and injuries but breaking a bone is still breaking a bone.
    A vampires immune system is far more advanced than most creatures of zorth, but there are many diseases and illnesses that are unique to vampires. Like any creature, they can become ill and even develop common life-threatening conditions. Vampire children can be born with over 13 disorders that affect their lifespan and wellbeing greatly. The difference with Vampiric children though, is that they can be legally put down like you would a beloved family pet.

Relationships, Reproducing, & Pregnancy Lust and Love is a very natural thing. In Vampiric culture, most people are very open with their sexuality and it isn't uncommon for them to have more than 1 or 2 partners. Nesting, a common romantic tendency of young vampires, is when multiple couples live within the same house. Jealousy isn't completely uncommon and sometimes young women will fight for one another's affection and completely ignore more dominant males. Vampires are people though, no one fits into statistics all the time. Every vampire is diverse and unique.
    Reproduction is a very interesting concept with these beautiful creatures. They cannot mix with a lot of different species but, they can mix with elves relatively safely. Because vampiric sex organs require very specific matches, it is dangerous for vampiric males to mate with weaker/smaller species. Zorthian human women have died in the act. It is seen as vulgar for vampiric men to select partners that are more than a foot shorter than them. Like humans, reproduction works very similarly in that females carry eggs and males carry sperm. However, with zemales, reproduction can become quite interesting. Zemales are neither completely male nor female and some have the ability to carry young and impregnating others. While some resemble neither sex and cannot reproduce at all.
    Pregnancy typically lasts for 3 months. The carrier of the child has a bond with the fetus only once the second month has begun. The first month is the most active month. The carrier will experience pains, sickness, increase in appetite, a new extreme bloodthirst, and other uncomfortable feelings. This is the month where the carrier decides whether or not they will fully carry. Once the second month hits the baby is fully capable of producing thoughts and feeling pain. The carrier will experience a bond that blinds the carrier from thinking of her own health/wellbeing. Their entire life will revolve around their new offspring(s). The third month is the most intense. The carrier will have to stay in bed and usually will sleep 12 to 18 hours. Once in labor, the baby(s) will pull themselves out, whether the carrier pushes or not the baby will guide itself towards the exit. It isn't rare for carriers to pass out or even die during this.

Physical Characteristics Height on Zorth is quite different than that on Earth. Vampires are considered tall for how humanoid they are. Females are anywhere from 5 feet 8 inches to 7 feet tall. Males are anywhere from 6 feet to 8 feet 2 inches. The vampiric body does not hold much fat, in fact, vampires never become overweight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back