• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Battle of London

It had been several months since everything went to hell in a hand basket in London. David was so sure thenough army and him would be able to kill the invaders no sweat. What they weren't informed of was the fact that they'd brought backup. He held his rifle tight in his hands as he traversed another street filled with debris. From not too far away, he could hear the insane telling someone of some Babalackahooian Converts. The term was originally used to describe anyone who had been come a 'Hooian through a Recruiter, but was nowadays more widelay used to describeat those converts who had gone insane from the serum. Up ahead, at a bus stop, David could see two or three bandits, one with a baton, patrolling the area, and two others with pistols answer SMGs, scavenging a bus. He moved closer to investigate, but soon found himself being charged by the bandit with the baton.

"OOOOOOOOOOOIIII!!!!" Someone yelled around the the street, ringing fire of two rounds in front of what appeared to be a bandit. "Oi, ya Feckin' wanka's. What Ya' doin on mah turf?" The gentleman was dressed in a red tracksuit with a sarcastic scowl across his face and a .35 pistol in his. Accompanying him were 4 armed guards that were armed to the teeth in weapons and armor.

"Now if ye be kind, drop ye weapons or get the feck out my sight."

He eyed the soldier "And I've been expecting you. Come on."

Gilbert is carefully walking off to the side of a street. Hearing commotion echoing, he hustles towards the corner edge of a building, taking cover. After taking a moment to look around, he considers his options.

Having decided to get a closer look. Gilbert heads towards the source of the noise. He sees a man being attacked by several others, and then a whole other group showing up-their leader shouting something he can't quite make out. He crouches behind a pile of rubble. Watching and waiting to see how this will play out.

David was surprised to see the tracksuit guy and his armed guards aid him in fighting the bandit. "Shit! It's Don!" one of the bandits said, and the remaining two fled the scene. David put away his C7, but kept it ready to draw. These people resembled some of the mercs he had fought before. He decidedid finally to ask who they were "Who are you guys?" He asked "And what do you mean you've been expecting me?" He looked back at the abandoned bus "That bandit said the name Don, is that you?"

Iris walked through London's underground transit system, her steps echoing thought the dark, empty tunnels. The tunnels were surprisingly still decently lit, occasional holes in the ceiling, emergency lights flickering, wildlife starting to make its way trough the cracks, making it look like it's been abandoned for a years. She adjusted the strap on her shoulder connected to the AIAW on her shoulder. Iris had been scavenging since the day of the attack, looting supplies. One day, she came upon a massacred squad of British soldiers, as much of a grueling sight that was, she had to do what she needed to do to survive by grabbing weapons, ammo, and some food rations.

She kept walking until she reached the next station, with a curious cation, she investigated the area, nothing. With the overwhelming urge to breathe fresh air, Iris climbed up the powered down escalator. Suddenly, as she reached the top and walked out, she was blinded by a bright light. Sunlight.

Gilbert hears a noise coming from behind him. Too busy being focused on the scene ahead, he had neglected to keep glancing around. He runs towards a shaded spot, further back from the scene-but closer to the source of the noise.

He sees someone emerge from underneath the metro station. Just one person.

"Psst! Hey you" He tries to make himself heard, but being careful not to be so loud as that anyone else could hear him. He's taking cover behind an overturned car, if only to remain out of view from anyone leaving the scene from earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
pokemariofan64 said:
David was surprised to see the tracksuit guy and his armed guards aid him in fighting the bandit. "Shit! It's Don!" one of the bandits said, and the remaining two fled the scene. David put away his C7, but kept it ready to draw. These people resembled some of the mercs he had fought before. He decidedid finally to ask who they were "Who are you guys?" He asked "And what do you mean you've been expecting me?" He looked back at the abandoned bus "That bandit said the name Don, is that you?"
"Donavan Granger, Bastad son of King Charles and next in line for the Throne." he grinned "And I also lead one of the three human factions fighting for control."

He turned to his earpiece. "Uhuh" he held up his index finger to the Canadian. "Alright Deacon. You see' em take care of 'em."

From the upper floor of a nearby building, beta squad repelled down with blistering speed. 7 men in similar outfit surrounded an armed man and woman below "DROP YOUR WEAPONS!!"

Iris heard the whispering, and then some yelling to drop her weapons, "for fucks sake," she told herself as she drew drew her barretta focused on the head of the most important person in the small squad. "You first!" she yelled back, being absolutely pissed off. "And, Trust me, you don't wanna deal with a pissy woman on her period," she added sassily while her finger was slowly nearing the trigger.

The very sudden and unexpected commotion startles him, Gilbert surveys the scene for a moment. He counts the number of number of guns pointed at him; and makes equal note of the strange woman, taken aback by her response to the situation. He lets his firearm hang on its sling, at his hip. Knowing full well he is surrounded on all sides. Gilbert brings up his hands.

With his arms raised, he tries to get the woman's attention once again.

"
You'd probably not want to upset them, just yet." Gilbert looks to her gun, and indicates towards the men surrounding them.

Isacoolbow said:
Iris heard the whispering, and then some yelling to drop her weapons, "for fucks sake," she told herself as she drew drew her barretta focused on the head of the most important person in the small squad. "You first!" she yelled back, being absolutely pissed off. "And, Trust me, you don't wanna deal with a pissy woman on her period," she added sassily while her finger was slowly nearing the trigger.
"Alright darlin' you think just 'cause you have a gun pointed at my head, you expect me to turn tail and give?!" He laughed under his breath "Unlike you, I'm replaceable." he walked down and sat upon a piece of rubble debris, facing the girl. Don lifted his gun to his head and clicked the hammer and placed his hand on the trigger. "You think your bullet will be faster than mine?" a few moments passed with everyone; Don not taking his sight of the woman, eyes stabbing her gaze.

His guards stayed where they were, guns fixed and unmoving on all the new arrivals. And not a moment to soon, 4 more people: Unarmed and carrying scrap, parts and supplies; An old woman(65), two young men(18 & 17) and a young girl (10) a part of the party. The old woman looked at the situation and looked at the youngsters to keep quiet; this woman commanded some respect. Taking her frail looking self by the Brit on the rubble and began to pour some tea she had kept in her knapsack
"Got yourself into a situation again?" she whispered. Don looked back to her "Yeah... bets?" "Not today thank you."

"Thank you for the tea Nan." he took his free hand to drink the tea.

Dave moves through the rubble a few other surviving paratroopers following him. He ducks and dives between cover as the soilders follow closely. They move towards where reports of Babalackhooians had been seen. Creeping through the rubble the squad takes position in a building over looking the congregation of people.

Running past half destroyed buildings, Luna hunkered down inside a mostly sturdy building, and checked her ammo. Checking ammo count, Luna only had five magazines for her AUG, and two for his sidearm. Looking around to make sure the cost was clear, she saw multiple dead civilians in the building across from her, and two parents over a child, as if they were protecting her, but it didn't last long since the roof fell in. After she caught her breath, she took a small drink of water slowly then heard something shuffle on the roof. Looking up, she quickly grabbed her AUG and crouched down looking up, following the noise then q cat jumped off the roof, looked at Luna and meowd, walking up to her and rubbed on her left leg. Luna sat back down and petted the cat, and started to fall asleep.

Taking the other guy's suggestion in mind, she smiles a little as she developed a plan. "Since i'm not expendable, that means you're gonna want me alive, meaning," regrettably, she lowered her pistol, spun it, and stuck it in it's holster. Iris crosses her arms, still pissed off, "Unfortunately, I have you ask you to to allow me to keep my shit with me." Iris knew they probably wouldn't want her to have anything "dangerous" with her considering her current hostility. She figured killing one would make her an enemy of all three factions at once, since she already pissed off the other two, creating a high risk scenario that they would figure out all of her routes and safe spots.

Hearing shifting rubble somewhere not far off, Gilbert tries to get the attention of the leader. Not particularly sure about what exactly he is seeing; or confident about the leader's stability given his odd actions. He waves his hand, hoping it's just subtle enough to not be counted as a threat, but not so much that it goes unnoticed.

"
We're not alone." With his eyes, and an almost indistinguishable nod of his head, Gilbert indicates towards a building where he heard the noise. "They're not mine." He adds, hoping they take his meaning and that this little bit of information buys him some sort of reprieve.

But what would one of the big factions like you want with a small soldier guy like me?" David asked. The leader had asked a few of his guys to go around and investigate some other people talking nearby. "I mean" David continued "The only possible reason I could think of for you wanting me is the fact that I was one of the first soldiers in my country to touch down here in London. I suppose that's the reason, am i I wrong?" He observed the well armed henchmen. Just then, David heard a whooshing from nearby. "Watch your ass, I think I hear a 'Hooian jet" He informed them

(Hooian explanation thread should be up soon)

pokemariofan64 said:
But what would one of the big factions like you want with a small soldier guy like me?" David asked. The leader had asked a few of his guys to go around and investigate some other people talking nearby. "I mean" David continued "The only possible reason I could think of for you wanting me is the fact that I was one of the first soldiers in my country to touch down here in London. I suppose that's the reason, am i I wrong?" He observed the well armed henchmen. Just then, David heard a whooshing from nearby. "Watch your ass, I think I hear a 'Hooian jet" He informed them
(Hooian explanation thread should be up soon)

"Get the civilians to safety." Don said to to his guards, having three of his eleven guards break off and lead the civilians to a new position of cover, including the confronted man and woman. "Deacon, got the HAM?." he asked. One of the guards from Beta squad, in all black armor with a red helmet covering his face ; having a white cross on his chest nodded. "Yes master." He had reached for a tube on his back and collapsed it, revealing some sort of alien tech. "Alright boys, to positions." his men taking cover in a nearby building and behind rubble, waiting for the first move to be made.

"Psst." Don said raising his arm, having one of his soldiers toss him an assault rifle. "Awkay let's get shooty."

Iris noticed as all the troops around her disperse and get into cover, she heard a hooian jet somewhere behind her. Sarcastically, "this day just keeps getting better and better," Iris immediately sprints back into the underground transit station and slides down the metal piece in between the two escalators. At the bottom she hopped off and took out her sniper, ready for the people above ground to probably die and the ground troops to start attacking her. She wasn't going to go down without a fight.

Dave slowly props himself up on the window, the other paratroopers moved into positions. One trooper took a large heavy duty case off his back, he quickly brought out a Starstreak MANPAD. That trooper an another move to the roof of the dilapidated building as Dave and the other solider began taking up positions. The pair set up firing positions Dave supporting the other troopers who sets up a FN Minimi Para. The two ready themselves waiting for the Hooian jet or to see if the man holding the Hooian weapon is a scavenger or a traitor.

Isacoolbow said:
Iris noticed as all the troops around her disperse and get into cover, she heard a hooian jet somewhere behind her. Sarcastically, "this day just keeps getting better and better," Iris immediately sprints back into the underground transit station and slides down the metal piece in between the two escalators. At the bottom she hopped off and took out her sniper, ready for the people above ground to probably die and the ground troops to start attacking her. She wasn't going to go down without a fight.
The young girl of the group saw the lady break away from the group and saw her go down the metro station. She didn't want her to get hurt so she tried running after her to get her to come with them, having faith the Don's guard would keep them safe. She had just entered the metro station and halfway down the escalator when suddenly a Whooian jet came soaring overhead and blew up the entrance, the shock-wave knocking her into the arms of the scavenger lady. Separated from everyone, she began to cry because she was alone, not knowing if she would make it back. The girl faced away, extending her hand towards the scavenger with tampons "I...*sniff* thought you *sniff* would want this..." Barely making out the sentence.

David gazed up at the ship, as it turned around to begin it's attack run. The guns blazed plasma down onto the street, and blew up a nearby metro station. David pulled out his C7 and exchanged fire. "You guys okay?" David asked. One of the leaders henchmen gave a nod, and returned to firing at the ship. The ship was circling around, clearly going for another attack run. He fired at the ship, the leapt to more cover as its plasma destroyed the cover he had just been in front of. "That was close" He said

As the Hooian jet comes back around for another run a sudden burst of light would erupt from a near by building. A missile quickly accelerating to Mach 4 would fly toward the jet.

Iris smiles, "Thank you, but I'm good for now," she said setting the young girl aside and hugging her before setting up her sniper. "It's going to be ok, it's just safer in here, trust me." Iris let's go of the little girl, she always had a soft spot for young children. She then grabbed her AIAW and pointed it at the entrance, waiting for someone or something to appear.

"Well thanks Deacon." Don said to the masked guard who had stepped between him an and the plasma rounds, deflecting them away and ripping his sleave, revealing an inhuman arm. He lifted his weapon "Cover your ears everyone!" and fired a high pitched bolt straight through the enemy jet, ripping it apart from the inside out.

Gilbert is getting restless with all the tension, when he hears something soaring through the air. Everyone seems to be scrambling, and he does the same. As the jet fires its ordinance onto the group, he makes a break for it. Getting far away from the group of people, while making sprints between cover. The explosions make his ears ring.

He manages to reach a building, about half a block away from everyone else. He hid behind one of its walls. From this vantage point, he could see the squad, and the jet above them. He can't completely make it out at first, but the leader of the big group seems to have something in his arm. No. It IS his arm.

In almost an instant, and without warning, Gilbert's eyes are treated to a burst of bright light. The jet explodes, and his vision goes white for a brief moment. When it all comes fogging back, he can see wreckage of the ship crashing into the ground. He hides behind cover, this time making sure he can't be seen. He turns his focus to any sounds, footsteps, or speech. Confident that he's properly obscured, Gilbert waits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back