• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Kio.exe

Road work ahead? Uh, I sure hope it does...
Please see the post below for information. This code was messed up : )

Note: The next post has scroll feature, so be sure to read all the information. I was told the last post was hard to read, so I hope this is better.

Also be sure to see this Google Slide: The Avian

Last edited:
— THE AVIAN
When your race is a stake, what do you do?
01. introduction.
It started, with a spark...

The Avian are a race of winged, magic using people who had been hunted by humans and other alike for centuries—until the Goddess blessed them with a hidden sanctuary, Misthalen. The wards around the place hid the Avian from the world, and soon they were forgotten. Despite this, they trained, each member of every clan becoming a warrior, in case the day would ever come that they need to fight again. One day, the wards around Misthalen drop, and no one knows why, revealing the Avian, once again, to the world. A group of young Avian are sent to the human lands. Will the become allies? Will war start anew?

02. rules.
RULE 01. Be literate when posting! I know that we all have our own styles of writing, and that’s fine, just please be certain that your post is able to be read. Also please write one paragraph or more per post. (A paragraph can be as little as four sentences so no pressure)

RULE 02. Keep characters realistic. Please do not make any over powered characters, or Mary and Gary sues, these will not be accepted. Keep in mind that all characters must be approved by me before you can RP, and you can have more than one character, though no more than three.

RULE 03. Romance is allowed, and even encouraged, just be sure that it follows the RPN guidelines. Romance also has to be accepted by both parties. Swearing is also allowed, but if used in excess you will be asked to stop.

RULE 04. Please keep all OOC talk, character bios and other topics to the correct threads, so we don’t clutter this one. We also have a discord : Join the The Avian Discord Server!

RULE 05. Please try to be active, I know we’re all busy, but if you cannot post at the moment, just let us know in the OOC thread or discord!

-Aria-

Aria awoke with a groan, looking out the window of her tower room. It was just before dawn. Perfect. Stretching, the princess stepped out of bed and unfurled her wings, throwing on the finely made tunic and shorts she kept hidden in her closet. Her mother would freak if she saw Aria like this. Grinning, She braided her long, blonde hair back and threw a cloak on, the hood of it covering her face.

Stepping into the hall, Aria nodded at her guards, and made her way down the stairs and out into the courtyard. It was empty. Muttering under her breath, Aria sat on the edge of the stone fountain, and waited for her friends to arrive. Jace and Max were her father’s guards, and had agreed to train her in both combat and magic, back when she could barely lift a sword. Now, she was evenly matched with them in strength, and quicker too.

Gravel crunched behind her, and Aria continued to face forward, waiting for them to come to a stop in front of her. Raising an eyebrow at Jace, she said “You’re late.”

Jace grinned, offering a hand to help her up. “Apologies, princess, but we had other duties to attend to,” he said, as she got to her feet.

“Your mother’s getting suspicious, you know,” Max told her, handing Aria the sword she used everyday for practice. “She says you haven’t been complaining as much, about your court duties and such.”

Aria snorted. Did she really complain that much? Shrugging, Aria threw her cloak on the edge of the fountain. “If she’d just let me train, she would have no reason to be suspicious.” Aria raised her sword. She was in no mood for banter, or for talking about her mother.

Suddenly, a ripple went through the air, and Aria felt dizzy, the ground rushing up to meet her. She landed with a thud on her hands and knees, and looked to Jace and Max for help, only to find them on the ground besides her. Pressure pushing at her ears, Aria stood, wiping dust off of her clothes. “What was that?” She asked.

Jace pointed towards the sky, panting, his wings limp behind him. “The wards...” he said, falling silent. The wards had hidden them from humans for hundreds of years.

Her eyebrows narrowing, Aria snapped “What about the...” she grew silent as she looked up at the sky, where normally symbols shone. The wards were gone

-Cassian-

Cassian had been cooking breakfast when silence fell over the clan, followed by a rippling wave of pressure, filling him with nausea. Cassian fell to his knees, a low groan slipping from his mouth. Dizziness washed over him, as startled yells begin to fill the streets, proclaiming that the wards were gone. Cassian sat up quickly, ignoring the surge of nausea that rushed through him.

Pushing open the doors to the Cookhouse, Cassian stepped into the streets, frowning. The wards couldn’t be gone, they were given to them by the Goddess Herself, after the War. Looking into the sky, his mouth dropped open at what he saw. Or rather, what he didn’t see. The absence of the symbols that normally shone in the sky was odd, and everything around him appeared...more sharp, somehow, more in focus.

His commander ran to him then, panting. “The wards are gone,” he said unnecessarily, wiping sweat from his brow. “You’ve been requested to go to the Castle in the Sky to speak with Blood Lord Jon. And no, I don’t know why, so don’t bother asking,” the man finished, slapping Cassian roughly on the shoulder, and walking away. It was the nicest the he’d ever been to Cassian, and he frowned. Why him?

Unfurling his wings, Cassian shot into the sky, heading for the castle. He wondered what awaited him there.

Rhysand-

Rhysand was wandering around aimlessly, lost in thought, as he had spent most of his days these last years. His wings flapped lazily as he sped through the mountains, an empty bottle of liquor dangling from his hands. Rhys went to take another sip, and frowned when none of the warm liquid entered his mouth. He had drunken it all.

The warm winds ripped at his bare torso, his shadows crawling over his skin like living tattoos. His vision began blurring, as it did everyday around this time, the effects of the alcohol taking effect. He swerved, to avoid the mountain side that seemed to rise from out of nowhere, muttering under his breath, the words sounding slurred to even his own ears.

Suddenly, a blast of energy washed over him, and his world turned black, as he fell, falling to the ground with a bang, pain washing over him.
—————

Rhys awoke, on his back, a figure standing over him, hands on her hips, her brown hair neatly coiled around her head, her dress—dress, not tunic—finely made, a diadem on her head. It was the High Lady! Rhys stood quickly, wincing as his injured body groaned in protest.

He bowed low, dipping his head. “Y-your Ma-jestyy…” he said, his words still slurring. The woman sighed, speaking. “Rhysand Miller, you’ve been called to gather in the Castle in the Sky, following an...incident that has occurred. I asked your commander to inform you, but it appear you made your own way here…”

Genias and Juniper

"Steady Genias, increase the size slowly... Allowing the water to be properly absorbed before its internal structure is fully set." Said the high priest as he stood tall over the working table.

"Yes, master." Answering Gen.

The young man was standing in front of his master, focusing on a strange single strange berry which hung loosely on its green vine planted in a large terracotta. The young man was focusing his magic onto the berry, slowly increasing its size. Sweat rolled down Gen's face but he didn't sway by it and kept focusing on the task at hand. The fruit increased its size from that of a grape, making its way into a fruit as big as apple. "If this experiment is a success, we would be able to create a more condense elixir without having to farm a lot more of these rare fruit." Said high preist Anthurus as he looked at closer look at the growing berry. "It is essential that you don't-"

"GENNNN!!!"

The shrieking call of Jun startled Gen, and with a burst of magic from his palms, the berry in front of the young man exploded, spilling its juice all over both Gen and Anthurus. Both medics, master and apprentice turned around to face a young woman with long bronze hair who just walked into the room, their face shone anger.

"Ooops... Did I make a mistake?" Jun asked made a guilty grin. "You just made us wasted one of the rare berry we are experimenting on!!!" Gen growled at his foster sister. "Can't you just knock the door first instead of coming in shouting?"

"Sorry brother, I didn't know you were in such an intense moment." Jun said as she poke her finger together, feeling ashamed of herself. Gen took a deep inhale. No matter what, he couldn't really be so angry to his sister. He then turned toward his mentor with disappointment in his face. "I am sorry, master... I don't think I have enough power to concentrate on another one."

Anthurus looked at his apprentice and made a long sigh. "Fine, we are done for today..." He said and turned away. "Don't forget to clean all these mess." He ordered as the old priest turned his attention to some books lying around.

Gen grabbed a piece of cloth and began wiping all the liquid when Jun walked to his side. "By the way, don't you have a task to do?" The young man asked. "Oh my shift guarding the front gate just ended. So, I'm free!" Jun replied as she started poking on some of the berries. "Why don't you go 'play' with your guard friends, then? I thought you said the medic hall is boring?" Gen asked more question and casually swiped Jun's hand from the precious berries. "Jace and Max just disappeared into thin air, I can't find them anywhere so I came here instead... Thinking maybe my boring brother would have something for me to do. Even though things are boring around here, it's still better than nothing." Jun said and reached for a vial instead, just to have her hand brushed aside again. "You want to help around here? Oh no no no, last time you tried to help, you let the Dragonmaw plant loose, it almost bit my left foot off!" Gen protested as he tried to cover important stuffs, away from Jun's curiosity. "What's the fuss about that? We are Avian! We barely walk anyway." Jun said and giggled to her brother attempted to keep things out of her reach.

Gen sighed and looked up at Jun. "Sorry, sister... I don't want to sound mean, but as long as you are still this reckless and careless, you aren't gonna be very welcome here." Jun stood up to his brother word. "Hey! I can improve! The military has been shaping me a lot! In no time, I might be even less clumsy than you!" The girl said. "Ha, I bet the world would have broken before that time come." Gen teased with a grin. "Oh yeah? But the world hasn't broken yet and I-"

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a huge wave of crashing force swiped through the entire room. It shook everything, breaking equipment made many pot plants crashed against the floor. The three Avians were sent to the ground, quicker than they could react. Soon, the vibration ended quickly as it started.

"Oh no! I spoke too soon! The world is breaking!" Jun cried. "Quiet, children! That is no world breaking... But it's no better..." Shouted Anthurus as he pulled himself up from the floor. "Master, what was that?" Gen asked, also pulling himself up. "Something is wrong with the ward... I would recognize that energy burst anywhere..." The high priest said and looked out of the window.

The three of them ran out of the hall and looked to the sky where the ward used to be... It was gone, no trace remained. "It's... It's gone!" Jun gasped. "This is a dire situation... Come, you two. We must go to see the High lord immediately." Anthurus said and spread his wings and took off. Gen and Jun followed suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back