• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Aspirant

The Rider [2-5]
  • "Honestly, it's not a question of whether you're ready or not," Arich explained. "It hasn't even been a few minutes since we've met each other. Plus, if this is a thing gryphons do, where they don't get a name until more than a few years later, I figure it would be best if I knew more about your personality before I start thinking of a name that would sound great for you." He paused briefly, forming an apologetic smile before continuing, "Sorry if you were looking forward to that. I really don't think giving you a name is something that should really be done on the spot. Guess I might have to call you something else for now..."

The gryphon bowed his head slightly in acknowledgement. "Yes, I agree with your decision. Perhaps for now you can simply consider me as Companion, just as I refer to you as Rider."

"That sounds like a pretty good start for now, mate," the ranger concurred before stepping over to the left side of the gryphon, whose head twisted to continue regarding him keenly as he resumed once again, in a curious tone, "Do you mind if I..."

"By all means. It is your privilege as my Rider."

Lowering himself slightly, the gryphon watched as Arich jumped up to mount him, swinging his left leg and finding a secure seat for himself between the head and wings of his companion. Running his hands through the feathers and their gradual transition into fur, the rider quickly found both to be warm and surprisingly soft to the touch, a sensation he decided he wouldn't dare ruin with the addition of a saddle.

"Would you like for me to demonstrate how fast I am in flight, Arich?" the gryphon asked eagerly, spreading his wings fully in anticipation of a flight.

The ranger began to form a nod at first, but then immediately held out a hand and said, "Wait, wait. I'm excited to see how you fly, but there's someone I need to see first before we really get ourselves into the sky. I'm as excited as you are to see some flying action, but before we do that, I want to see how fast you run."

Arich waited a couple of seconds for his companion's response, seeing nothing other than a slight shift forward. He realized in the next second what was about to happen and quickly threw his hands around the gryphon's neck before it went from a still position to bounding through the forest in a full sprint, all in the space of a few seconds. Though he was running at a surprisingly fast speed, Arich resisted the urge to yell out or ask to slow down, and after a few moments he looked up to watch how fast each and every tree went by in a blur. He briefly thought about how different of an experience this was from being atop Anor, who was easily large enough to stretch his head and wings above the trees.

Anor? the gryphon's voice could be heard. You know who Anor is?

I've been around him quite a bit, Arich expressed. Speaking of which, do you think you can head over to Anor? I need to make a quick stop so I can talk to one of his friends.

Of course, Rider.

Arich expected a slow turn towards their destination, but was once again caught nearly off guard as his companion quickly stopped, angled in a leftward direction, and immediately started off again, this time towards Corilyn's study.

Perhaps it might be a good while longer before Arich would be completely used to his new companion.

_________________________​

After several minutes, the two finally came to a stop a short distance from the front of the study. Arich wasted no time in dismounting, swinging his leg over to drop to the ground and start towards the door, with the gryphon striding right behind him.

Anor was curled halfway around the study, his great tail blocking the door. His closed eyes and soft breathing indicated he was resting, though Arich was well aware the dragon could guide the gryphon towards him even in a deep sleep.

The rider still needed to get in the study, but he didn't mind waiting too much if Corey was busy. Perhaps he could find something to do while he was waiting...

A. Just ask Anor about going inside. If not, perhaps he might still mention what Corey is doing.

B. Tell the gryphon to wait while Arich warps a couple times to the roof and listens in. (80% - Anor will notice if Arich fails)

C. Mount the gryphon, jump onto the roof, and try to open the glass ceiling in order to get inside. (55% - upon a failure, both will be noticed before getting inside)

D. Pass the time by talking to Anor, the gryphon, or both of them. (Write-in.)

Arich Liordei
    latest
    longbow a simple but sleek bow that launches arrows from great distances
    latest
    warp blade a sharp arcane dagger that lets you warp after hitting something
    latest
    lockpicks
    for dishonest people or fledgling riders on a mission
    latest
    body armor
    studded pauldrons provide a small but comforting amount of protection
    latest
    clothing
    arich's usual blue shirt and black pants, gloves, and boots
    latest
    trained in combat knowledge of weapon techniques from rider training may be useful
    latest
    patient
    maintain awareness and clarity of thought in chaotic situations. can't panic
    latest
    elemental knowledge
    arich has decent earth and ice spell knowledge
    The Gryphon
    latest
    Riskbreaker reveal success chance and failure results of all risky options
    latest
    talons the sharp weapons of a beast, primed to counter-attack any opponent
    latest
    valiant the success chance of all risky options is increased by 5%
    latest
    gallant the gryphon will take any attack on arich's behalf