• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Archive (Bunker Setting)

Where do we start?

• "Bunker" unaware of the fact they are in space (year 2038)

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Approaching Avalon after 13 years of living in the space ark and just learning the true mission

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Avalon 2050 - reawakening from cryosleep

• Avalon 2050 - mix of some stayed awake, some returned to sleep.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
6a00d8341bf7f753ef01b7c80362d5970b.jpg

Screenshot

You awoke naked in a tank of body temperature water, though it didn’t behave like water. It seemed to move with a mind of its own. As it drained away it didn’t even leave you wet. Strange. You discovered that you lacked any body hair. Equally strange. (There was a health reason for this that has to do with space travel. You will never need to shave again.) Your cryogenic suspension chamber was part of a small private cell like chamber. Also within the cell was a small drawer in which were provided some sort of high tech clothing - probably nanofabricated - that was a perfect fit. The door to the cell was unlocked.

Your last memories were of a normal day in the year 2028. The world had been going to Hell. Militaries around the world sabre rattling. Terrorism on the rise again. Diplomats being expelled. Government corruption. In the USA martial law had finally been declared. It was beginning to look as if WWIII was no longer a matter of IF, but WHEN. Then … the Emergency Broadcast System was activated. And as you sought to find the nearest shelter - not that there would ever going to be enough time - the same blob of water you just woke up in attacked you and rendered you unconscious.

You would soon discover that you were one of 500 survivors. 250 men, 250 women, mostly age 18-25. Each of you, whether you realized it or not, had been subjected to a series of tests. Unbeknownst to you, you were subjected to some very invasive surveillance.

You found yourselves in some sort of massive biodome. Eventually someone found the news in the entertainment system and they all began to learn about WWIII. This biodome? As near as anyone could tell you were the last remnants of the human race. The shelter was not built on a no frills budget. Rather it was built as the sort of thing a billionaire would have built - with space as a minor consideration.

You were selected based on a number of criteria:
Health
(ability to procreate, lack of genetic defects, lack of substance abuse, family health history, lack of physical defects).

Mental Health / Behavior (lack of mental defects, family history, general IQ, lack of religious or political fanaticism or heavy reliance on dogma, no political extremes, heterosexuality.)

Skill Sets

Fluency in English. Most will be American or European.

Single, no current romantic attachments

Sorry, but this was about survival of the human race. They had 500 slots to fill. They could only allow variations for these criteria for critical skills. The people responsible for selecting you even left some of their closest friends and family behind.

Your CS
CS
Begin with the Dossier. This will be accessible to all personnel. It should include Name, Photo, Job Assignment(s) (assigned by me in many cases), suite number, general public data (education). This part may NOT be edited by members. However, your character may have a wall, intro video, etc to personalize things.

The second part will be the rest of the CS info. (This is why format is not so important.)

I am looking for a Detailed CS. I am not picky about format except that you need to hide any animated gifs (please). The blank CS form has all the information I am looking for.

Ship Facilities
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-shXiAozskrc/Vkq4Xr5emvI/AAAAAAAAGAU/xsrsT_ubTbs/s1600/hydroponics.jpg
Hydroponics, Aeroponics, and Alternative Protein
Alternative protein refers to artificially grown meat. This is real product being approved even in 2019. It is very close to tasting and feeling like real meat even now. Main problem is texture, not taste. It isn’t fake meat at all.

Exercise Facilities
Just like it sounds. Weight machines, jogging and cycling VR chambers, swimming pools, gun ranges, laser tag and airsoft fields, rock climbing walls, obstacle courses, indoor soccer, basketball and racquetball courts, baseball diamond, rollerball arena, indoor ATV and motocross …

Botanical Parks and Indoor Ranches
These double as hiking trails and an extra O2 supply. The ranches are not in use. They are only activated if supplies to produce artificial meat are in short supply.

Entertainment
Movie theaters, dance halls.

Labs, Fabrication
Gotta have some place to research, test and such … as well as make spare parts.

Plot / Mission
Well, the mission is pretty simple. Survival of the species.

Unbeknownst to the group their survival bunker is NOT a bunker, but a space ark destined for a distant star. Cryogenic suspension was several years away from becoming a mature technology. The risks were high. And is wasn’t going to be possible to remain in suspension for extremely long periods. But some chance was better than none.

The group was kept in suspension until 2037 in a secret lunar base. The base was originally being built as a penal colony, though it had never been completed or used. The reason the the long sleep was to allow time to complete the interstellar vessel and locate a suitable world. The journey will take 12.7 years. It would be possible to nearly halve that figure, but at considerably greater risk. And upon arrival it will be a long time before the colonists can deorbit. They will have to live in orbit.

So the ship was built large enough to accomodate children being born enroute. Here are some facts:

According to sources assuming a 50/50 mix of the sexes:
At 500 individuals
Couples could remain monogamous but mating pairs must be approved by a genetics board to ensure genetic diversity and limit in-breeding.

At 50 individuals
Each individual must have as many babies with different partners as possible over their lifetime. A genetics board must approve all matings. Couples may pair, but each couple could only conceive one child. Individuals that had paired would still have to mate outside their relationship until the size of the population grew larger and more diverse (probably not possible for several generations).

Hence the reason for weeding out religious factors.

Part of the ongoing plot will be the development of a society. The group will have to decide how things should be done. You can argue all you want about how you got there, whose fault it is. It won’t matter. You are stuck in this place with all these strangers.

Characters
Multiple Characters will be allowed. If you would, keep them all in a single post. Use OOC to let people know you have added one. Don’t get carried away. I don’t want to overdo it. You will be expected to run ALL the characters you create and respond to interactions.

All characters - PC and NPC will have a dossier in the computer. Each room is like an 3 bedroom 2 bath apartment. There will be a futuristic desk with a terminal. You can study, do data searches, email, video chat, whatever.

Posting
I normally use Detailed posting. This is going to be an exception. High Casual will also work. I would prefer people not make others wait a week for a response and locking their character into a holding pattern. If you can’t respond in a day or so, they will be allowed to bunny your character enough to move along to a new scene.

I'm interested! Is there a thread up yet where we could post our character sheets?

Not yet ... and I have since created a Chapter 2 that takes place at the end if the 13 years in the "bunker" that people might like better. I am waiting to see if we get any real interest. The tough thing about my group RP's is getting enough people to commit. I have a bad feeling I'll have to fall back to 1x1's.

Avalon 2050
Avalon Pt 2
Guys, before we get involved in this, here is Chapter 2. It takes place 13 years after Chapter 1. For this one, there are two options: One is to have the characters 13 years older with families already started. The other option is to return them to cryosleep after some upgrades are made to the tubes and wake them up a few months before arrival. (They would already have been in cryosleep from 2028 to 2038 - ten years. Cryosleep matures as a new technology about this time.)

I do not mind either. Chapter 1, the characters get to know each other, get pissed for being a survivor, and all the sort of drama that goes with being the last of the human race.

Ravenpaw Ravenpaw , Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar , mausedpotatos mausedpotatos , Noam Noam

Last edited:
Is this thread where we post our CS? I actually have two, hope that's okay.

Not yet ... I just posted a Poll. Going to get to work on the RP shortly. Been at work. Got a bit more to do before I can call it a day and get writing.

And so far at least half of you want to stick with Chapter 1: Exodus, so I think we will stick with that. I placed the RP description in the OOC section of the RP and added links to Chapter 2 for later.

And yes, multiple characters are allowed. I figure with 500 possible ... FYI, it IS possible to be a single parent and have been carrying a young child. The nanoblobs would grab both.

Follow the link above. We've just started, but plenty of room to make a character and join in.

Yes, though the oes currently in the RP seem to have "died" already despite being excited ....

I think people are forgetting that they were screened heavily. The man who rescued them selected about 8000 people out of the 8 billion on Earth. From those 8000 he selected 500 for the "bunker." He had access to current DefCon levels and knew when to start preparing for an evacuation.

Go to the RP link above. We are still just getting started. Mostly it is a lot of shock of Earth's demise, anger, etc.

One thing: People seem to not realize that they were saved by someone who had to pick 500 people out of 8 BILLION ... to restart the human race.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back