• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Araal Campaign

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Oh, great, Aesveria thought, suddenly feeling very exhausted by all of this. Second time today, I’ve had to deal with the police. This is getting tiresome. On one hand, kudos to them for being punctual. This town’s law enforcement seemed pretty quick to respond to problems. On the other hand, why did this town have so many damn problems?

She kept her hands in sight as she turned toward the officer. Aes was about to speak, but the rifle girl spoke up first. What a relief. I was afraid she’d try to run or fight. I am pleased to see she has her wits about her, the sky elf thought. Rifle girl even advised the rock-thrower to do the same. Of course, her words fell on deaf ears and the rock-thrower peaced out, leaving only a nugget of advice and a bothersome cloud of dust billowing toward them.

Glowing blue rings of magic formed around Aesveria’s hands, acting as barriers. She wielded them like buckler shields, fanning her hands to swat the dust. They didn’t just block the dust, but held and trapped it. Within seconds, she’d gathered all of it up, then changed the enchantment on her barriers, so they would function as portals instead and sent the dust…. Somewhere. Honestly, she didn’t put much thought into the target location. Anywhere but here was fine.

“Trash-tier,” she whispered under her breath as the magic rings vanished and she returned her attention to the officer. “Aesveria Quaeliss, Paragon of Quantum Countermancy and aide to the Aetherian Council of Paragons," she said with a small curtsey. "I declare diplomatic immunity and will present the necessary documents, at your request… however, I am more than willing to graciously accompany you to further reinforce my innocence in this matter and defend the honor of these two heroes,” she gestured to rifle girl and the mage she’d been flirting with before things went tits up. “Their bravery should be rewarded, not punished. I am sure your investigation will reach the same conclusion.”

Last edited:
Veronica Roseanna Tatianna Constintina Von-Eddenburgh III
damnVeronica let her sword rest on her right shoulder, Her left shoulder was still bleeding just not as profusely as it had been. She glanced around the bar, looking for her next target, seeing the girl with the rifle and the girl who was throwing rocks around. She took a step towards and as soon as she did someone else entered the bar and began shouting out orders. Seemed like she was some kind of law enforcement, but since when did Veronica care about that, if some one got in her way they would pay with their lives. Then the rifle girl spoke up about how she would happily go in without resistance and she stated how it seemed Veronica was looking to die in battle. Veronica stood up straight relaxing her stance as Listening to the conversations around her like an immobile suit of armor. The rock girl ran which was of no surprise to her and the sky elf seemed to hold herself up with pride in this situation, declaring diplomatic immunity among other things.

Veronica's Eyes glowed Yellow behind her helm as she relaxed her sword arm, driving the sword into the wooden floor near where she stood. She reached up and tapped the side of her helmet, as it re compressed to show her face. She looked over to the officer with piercing yellow eyes. "My name is Veronica Roseanna Tatianna Constintina Von-Eddenburgh, Third of my Name, Princess and Heir to Realgis, Knight of the Grand order, and the Hero of Venusevilla" She said declaring her royal status. "Unlike this Churl here I have no need for declaring diplomatic immunity for I'm sure even a half wit like yourself knows what it means for someone representing the government to attack a princess visiting a foreign continent" She said, insulting the sky elf as well as the officer as she stood proud, but still with glaring eyes and a evil smile.

( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic PyroMonomania PyroMonomania Hubub101 Hubub101 Xel Xel AnonyMouse AnonyMouse The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit SoftSmile SoftSmile Eden Smythe Eden Smythe )

Nyrallavi “Sen” Xhenzaeris
Two days ago
Somewhere in western Calaes

“Stupid rabbit. Why can’t you just keep still? With your stupid ears and your stupid tail and your stupid hoppy little legs…” Sen muttered as she pulled another arrow out of the hare she’d just killed. The grass and trees around it were littered with arrows. She tied the fresh kill to her belt with a piece of cord, then began the tiresome task of gathering up the wasted ammunition.

Nearly an hour later, she emerged from the treeline with her quiver full and three dead hares dangling from her belt. She found Niles waiting by the train, which was parked in an abandoned railway depot, a relic from the Great War. The place had been bombed into oblivion by Sarathal two decades ago. The forest nearly reclaimed it until Westlake Railways repaired the rails and began using it as part of a private line for speed tests, since no other trains passed through here.

Today, she and Niles were using this forgotten patch of real estate to repair and resupply their personal train. The skeletal remains of warehouses stood on all sides, covered in weeds and vines, with trees growing out of their sunken roofs. The conductor and his men were carrying buckets of water from a nearby rain basin to refill the boiler. Piles of wood and coal were waiting nearby as well.

“I brought dinner,” Sen said as she walked up to Niles. He stood by the engine with his sleeves rolled up, covered in grease and dirt up to his elbows. So the rich kid knows how to get his hands dirty, Sen thought with a sly smile as she dangled the dead rabbits in front of his face.

The sight of dead animals snapped him out of his daze. “D-dinner? That’s dinner?” he stammered.

“Yeah, we eat them. Where do you think meat comes from, daddy’s pocketbook?”

“I’ve just… never seen it so… ummm... fresh before. We have rations, you know. You didn’t have to-”

“No. I had to,” Sen said matter-of-factly. “If I don’t kill stuff, I get anxious. I wonder what else I’ll get to kill today. Dragon, maybe?”

Niles merely sighed and turned away to watch the men work. He always seemed to get sulky when she talked about the dragon. That was really starting to piss her off…

“Well, I’ll be over here cleaning these and getting a fire going,” Sen said. “You guys keep playing with your train or whatever it is you’re doing.”

He didn’t say anything, so she sat down right there at his feet and began skinning the first rabbit with her knife. She was halfway through the task when he finally replied, minutes later.

“Do you think it’s going to come?” Niles said. His voice was so low, she almost didn’t hear him. “What if we’ve failed? What if we weren’t fast enough? Maybe I can squeeze more speed out of this engine and-”

“And do what?” Sen said. “Hunting is all about waiting. Fast dragon. Slow dragon. It doesn’t matter. It’s all about being in the right place at the right time and waiting for your prey to come to you.”

He turned to look at her. “Yeah, but what if-”

“The right place also means having your head in the right place. It’s as much mental as physical,” Sen said, tapping the side of her temple. Her fingers were covered in blood. “Your people think this is where the dragon will strike next, right? Well, shut the fuck up and wait. Or come up with a better plan. But don’t just stand there sulking and whining about ‘what ifs.’ Doing that puts you in the wrong place and I ain’t got time for that shit. I ain’t your momma, understand?”

He slowly nodded.

“Good. Now go fix your train. If that’s what keeps your head screwed on straight, do it. For me, it’s hunting,” she said as she peeled the rabbit’s skin off in one violent jerk. “Want me to make you a rabbit skin purse or something?” She said teasing him with it. “I mean, if you’re gonna act like a little girl, I might as well.”

Niles chuckled and turned his eyes to the sky. “I think you’ve made your point. Thank you,” he said as a smile began to form on his face. “And, for what it’s worth, I think of your more as a father figure.”

“Don’t make me fuck you up, kid,” Sen replied.

Suddenly, the trees exploded as a flock of birds took flight. Hundreds of them swarmed overhead, frantically beating their wings as they fled south. Sen slowly stood, leaving the rabbits on the ground as wild dogs and a family of deer sprinted past. A doe nearly tripped on the rails before gathering itself up and running as fast as its spindly little legs could carry it.

“There,” Niles said, pointing to the sky. A thin white streak could be seen, high in the clouds. “A shooting star.”

“Showtime,” Sen said with a devilish grin. The streak looked like it was going to pass them by, but slowly began to turn. She shielded her eyes from the midday sun as she watched it turn and begin to dive. It was heading east, led by a black speck, at an impossibly high altitude, higher than any airship she’d ever seen. And the speed… she couldn’t gauge its speed from this distance, but it had to be the fastest thing known to man.

“Sword,” she said to Niles. “Go get my swords.” He promptly scrambled into the train, tripping over his own feet as he dove through the open doors. With the rabbit’s blood, Sen drew lines on her face, like warpaint, then unshouldered her bow and nocked an arrow. it probably wouldn't work, but she had to try. The dragon was still too far away, but at the speed it was moving, it would be upon them in seconds.

A hazy, v-shaped barrier began to form at the head of the approaching streak, becoming increasingly prominent as it plummeted, building even more speed. It looked like the barriers used by wind mages, but was cone shaped as if the dragon was parting the wind in front of it. She could now see flames trailing behind its black body and wings tucked close to its sides. It's not even using its wings. How is it flying? she thought. And that's when she realized it wasn't. It was fully committed to the dive. Yessss, Sen thought, feeling her heart pounding in her chest. Don't half-ass this shit, you fucking lizard! Show me what you've got!

And then she heard it, the deafening boom of a thunderclap. It rumbled through her bones, shaking her to the core, as if the ground itself were trembling. The sound rolled on and on, becoming a low rumble that never ceased. She had never heard a roar like this before. The beast had acknowledged her. There was no backing down now.

“Oh, so that’s the sound of your people?” Sen remarked, smiling from ear to ear as she took aim. “Good. Let me show you mine.”

oiR2Fz1.jpg

Well at least one of the girls was willing to surrender. She didn't even bother responding to the woman's words, instead shifting her gaze to the other girl that decided complying with the authorities wasn't kosher. She instinctively brought an arm up to shield her eyes from the whipping sands, only lowering it once the sandstorm progressed down the street. She lowered her right gun a little as she watched the whirling dervish tear down the street. For the briefest of moments it seemed that she had given up on the thought of chasing down the fleeing criminal. Briefest being the key word here as she quickly brought her hand up, flipping the firearm high into the sky. The gun's spin came to an abrupt stop a good 10 feet above her, the barrel aimed directly at the fleeing sandstorm. The rifle glowed brightly as blinding silhouettes spilled out of it. The weapon rapidly multiplied into a dozen floating rifles, all of which were aimed squarely at the fleeing suspect. In unison the rifles opened fire, beams of energy lancing out to pepper the sandstorm with shots. While technically less than lethal she had accidentally ended the lives of people with this move before.

Unfortunately, even amidst the barrage, the sandstorm continued on before it rounded a corner and was out of her sight. Whether one of her shots hit the girl stirring it all up or not was left to be seen. But even if she had, it obviously wasn't enough to put her down. "Tch" She clicked her tongue, wanting to chase the little vermin down. Alas the announcement from the elf and the armored woman guaranteed she couldn't just run off after the fleeing criminal. Especially not with a corpse slumped against the wall. Well whatever, that's what the Enforcers were for. The cluster of weapons above her were all absorbed back into the original rifle before it fell back into her waiting hand. Turning her attention towards the bar she looked over the two of them. It wasn't often you had criminals proclaim diplomatic immunity, but then it wasn't the weirdest excuse she had ever heard. Although it was the armored woman that caused her brow to perk up ever-so-slightly. At the very least don't use a country that doesn't even exist anymore in your excuse. Then again, it wasn't like your common folk would be up-to-date on some random country across the globe being conquered and annexed by it's neighbor. The woman was probably banking on her ignorance on the subject.

There was an almost imperceptible sigh that slipped past her lips before she turned to fully face the two haughty women. After a slight pause she brought her arm in front of her and gave the two a bow. "My apologies. I did not know I was in the presence of foreign dignitaries. Alas, you will still need to be taken in for questioning all the same. Simply so we can ascertain what transpired. Protocol, I'm sure you understand." To go along with her nearly non-existent sight only the most astute would even suspect the disingenuous tone of her voice. Just like her stoic features her voice carried the same monotonous tune.

Local Security Forces
6:03 PM
Tallas, Velhellyiah
As if on cue a horse-drawn carriage came storming down the street. It grinded to a halt with the agitated neighing of the two horses pulling it as a dozen men in matching white armor all bolted off the carriage. All of them aimed what appeared to be large, cumbersome handguns at those still around the Inn. One of the men stepped forward, a golden swatch on his otherwise pristine chest-plate denoting his rank. The officer called out to the citizens that now had guns trained on them, his voice stern but with a disarming air about it. "You're all being taken into custody. Come along quietly so we can get things sorted." Normally this would be a fairly benign situation, but with it turning into a murder everyone there were suspects. So regardless of what resistance they offered the Enforcers wouldn't take no for an answer. The armor-clad men moved to those involved, attempting to strip them of their weapons and place them in cuffs before ushering them towards a second carriage that had followed the first.

Aoka Oni

It wasn't an understatement that Aoka didn't see anything. While everything was playing out in the area, she simply brought her head into her knees, her whole body trembling with fear-- It was far too late to escape. The kit in her arms was making soft squeaking noises in alarm at the large amounts of pressure that was put onto the poor thing. Her vision was blurring as the sounds of ruckus and speech imploded her brain. She could've sworn only a few seconds past where her vision had died out and ringing filled her ears.

Next thing she knew she was being pulled up abruptly by a stranger. This caused her to pull back suddenly and quite aggressively, tipping the bar chair over and her with it. The creature fell out of her arms with a wailing cry of pain as it hit the wooden surface. The woman attempted to pick herself back up with her blurry vision, still recovering from the panic attack she had not so long before. When she went to grab her kit who was cowering in fear on the floor, the Enforcer picked her back up and began putting cuffs onto her small wrists.

She struggled, making small noises of discomfort as she did so-- The person was obviously more strong than the woman. Though, after a few seconds of futile struggling the cuffs completely froze and was broken easily. The piercing shards or the loud snapping noises the cuffs made must've distracted the Enforcer enough to let their guard down and Aoka immediately went to protect her kit. She held it protectively, checking it all over-- Getting to one of it's small feet it let out another squeal. Of course that kind of fast fall would damage the small animal.

The woman began crying, petting the kit in an attempt to calm him. Soko didn't deserve this, he was just going with his mother for a delivery so all of his friends could eat. Now he got one of his legs broken, poor thing. So when the Enforcer attempted to grab the woman again, she practically dashed out of the way. This lead her into another one of the armed-peoples. She convinced herself that it was all for protecting Soko, so she created a rather strong ice bond around the Enforcers feet. A long with a few others who happen to be near her, rather if it was for being apprehended or for apprehending her.

She sprinted for an exit, only to be stopped from a piercing pain in one of her arms. The pain was excruciating, she hadn't been hurt for a long time so the grazing blow that caused a constant flow of dark blue liquid that was contained in her body. The sudden feeling made her drop to her knees, she had recognized her surroundings at this point. The adrenaline was slowly dying. Her coat had been lost somewhere in the struggle, and her silver hair now hung on her face. Where had her bow gone? She supposed it could've gotten knocked off in all of the commotion.

She kept a tight grip on the whimpering kit, refusing to let it go even when and Enforcer had forced her on her feet, and attempted to put her in cuffs again. She held out a single hand, letting it be cuffed, and then another. She still kept a grip on Soko, all attempts to get the woman away from the snow rabbit were rendered completely futile. They would have to solve all the damage they had caused. What monsters.

Xel Xel AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Blackvelvet Blackvelvet The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Hubub101 Hubub101 BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

Tieryll - The Tavern (with the tavern crew)

Tieryll was in the midst of mourning the lost alcohol, he then put a pause on his mourning when he heard a lady inviting him to a different bar. He looked up seeing said lady running off into the distance with a sandstorm covering her trail. Tieryll mentally noted Briggs Street for a replacement bar, quite glad that he wouldn’t have to beg a random guard for directions. He turned to see an elf lady creating magical barriers before declaring diplomatic immunity to the guardswomen, he really didn’t understand the other jargon about paragon something or another but he guesses that’s where the immunity came from. The magical elf girl ended her sentence with something about awarding heroes? He really doesn’t know what she’s talking about as this is just a bar fight...a particularly violent bar fight, he corrects as he sees a body laying impaled inside the bar. The other lady who had the weird horn-things declared herself a princess while insulting both the guardswomen and the magical elf girl before giving a dark smile. He’s gotta admit that she had some balls to be able to do that confidently but Tieryll is leaning more towards that fact that she will probably just try to kill everyone if things don’t go her way, going by the insanity and bloodlust in her eyes. The guardswomen seems to be accepting of their political defences and proceeds to try to stop the escaping sandstorm lady.

“Did she just multiply her weapons!? I gotta learn how to do that, that would be sooo convenient! I would just pull out one of my weapons and then BOOM a whole armoury from just one weapon. Then I wouldn’t have to forge multiples of a weapon.” Tieryll says dreamily, fantasizing about what he’d be able to do if he had that ability. He completely disregards how horrible he is at magic as he’s daydreaming and shifts from his kneeling position to just sitting cross legged on the ground. The vampire’s fantasizing got interrupted when a guard walks up to him with handcuffs. “Oh, come on! I was just a bystander! I only arrived a couple minutes ago! You gotta believe me, man. If I get locked in a cell I won’t be able to drink booze until I get let out. That could be ages!” Tieryll tearfully begs on his knees while clutching the guard’s armour. The guards stays silent and ignores the begging vampire, simply taking Tieryll’s wrists and cuffing them. Tieryll was then ushered towards a carriage and the vampire gloomily climbs onto it. He notices a woman freaking out using ice magic, the vampire considers helping out the guards but realizes he doesn’t have to when the ice lady surrenders only when she could hold a rabbit. Weird.

“There are sure a lot of exotic beauties around here, huh.” Tieryll grins nudging the man beside him with a grin, trying to lighten the mood. The vampire knows that the people here are not in the best of moods but hey he may as well try to make them feel a little better.

“This is ridiculous,” Aesveria remarked as she watched the guards place handcuffs on the ice mage. “For heaven’s sake, she was crying in a corner the whole time. You should be helping the poor thing, not arresting her. And this imbecile,” she gestured to the man who’d been ranting about alcohol, “didn’t even show up until after the commotion. He barely qualifies as a witness, much less a suspect.”

One of the guards approached her, dangling a pair of handcuffs. “No, thank you. I bruise easily,” Aes said and turned up her nose, but the man clearly wasn’t in the mood for jokes. With a sigh of resignation, the sky elf offered her wrists and was promptly cuffed as well. “You missed one,” she said, with a nod to the dead man on the floor. “And I think I saw a rat in the kitchen. Do these come in rodent sizes, too?" She laughed. "If you savages really are so stupid you can't see what transpired in this bar, I would be glad to give my statement right here... though I don't think the Princess would like that. Being the heir to some no-name, backwater, dirt kingdom doesn't give you the right to murder a man in cold blood. ”

Veronica Roseanna Tatianna Constintina Von-Eddenburgh III
Veronica had for the most part come back to her senses and was calm. She took a couple deep breaths and looked at the guards coming towards her. She tossed her giant sword onto the ground in front of her along with her shield and spear. "Armor off" She said as the armor around her compressed back into the plate on the back. She sighed looking at the guards not really giving a shit what anyone else thought. She over heard the comment made about her coming from a no-name backwater dirt kingdom and turned towards the girl her eyes glowing yellow as she gave a murderous glare. As the officers cuffed her she continued to stare at the girl "What was that you were saying about Realgis? I have you know that it use to be feared by many great nations for its military, did they not teach you that in school, I honestly wonder if the rest of A'ethe's Paragons are this ignorant or is it that the lack of air at high altitudes has made you mentally inept" She said.

She then caught out of the corner of her eye the snowy looking girl hurt and dragged away. Veronica couldn't help but feel bad for her, everyone else could pretty much go screw them selves but she couldn't let the scarred young woman to be treated in this way. Cuffed, she approached the main officer. "Didn't happen to catch your name Officer. I'm assuming the reason your bringing us in is because someone got murdered and the bar is completely destroyed, cant speak much for the bar but I did impale the guy, now I can answer any more questions you may have but you might as well let the rest of the people go, I'm the only one guilty of any thing other than the girl who ran off" She said glancing back at the snow girl who was in cuffs.

BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji Xel Xel Hubub101 Hubub101 BriiAngelic BriiAngelic SolemnSongbird SolemnSongbird Eden Smythe Eden Smythe AnonyMouse AnonyMouse PyroMonomania PyroMonomania The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Local Security Forces
8:46 PM
Tallas, Velhellyiah
oiR2Fz1.jpg
One by one those at the scene were detained. Some more calmly than others. But nonetheless they all had magic-cancelling cuffs slapped on their wrists and their equipment seized. One Enforcer brought the, finally, compliant snow woman to the carriage as another offered a simple shrug to the overly theatrical man, unable to completely deny the statement. The most vocal resistant got the attention of the Captain as he walked over to the elf. "Look, Ma'am. We have a group of, potentially, very dangerous individuals fighting one another and someone dying because of it. We don't know who is, or is not, involved. That's what we're going to find out down at the station." He gestured a hand in the general direction of the precinct as he said that. "As long as everyone cooperates then those who are innocent will get to go home with an inconvenient evening behind them. Ok?"

There was always someone who had to make things difficult, then again they wouldn't have ever been called down here if there wasn't. He glanced over at the, formerly, armored woman as she spat back insults to the elf before approaching him to speak to him directly. "Allon Bradley, and yes, well, while the confession makes things easier we still need to take their statements as well." He eyed the woman suspiciously. People didn't just casually admit to murder and ask passer-by's to be let go. Regardless, it didn't change how they dealt with situations like these. "So let's make this go as smoothly as possible and cooperate." He signaled his men to take the remaining suspects into the carriage.

As everyone was rounded up the woman's weapons once again glowed a brilliant light before dissipating into nothingness as she approached the Captain. The man turned to look at her, offering her a nod. "Thanks for the help, who knows what else could have happened before we arrived." The silver-haired woman gave the man a nod in return before looking back at the group being hauled away. "Don't worry about it. I just happened to be in the area." She paused as her gaze landed firmly on the Elf and the broody woman. "Just in case I'll stick around for a bit. If those two really are what they claim to be this will get interesting." The Captain turned to follow her gaze before bringing a hand up to scratch the back of his head. "More likely to be a couple wackos who can't handle their booze. But I'm not one to turn down free help." He offered the woman a shrug and made his way back to the lead carriage.

Once everyone was aboard the two carriages made their way back to the station. Four Enforcers rode in the rear carriage with the suspects while the rest were in the front carriage. The trip was fairly uneventful, aside from what chatter the suspects offered. Once at the station the group were split up, processed, had their statements taken, stripped of anything that was deemed dangerous and eventually put into a holding cell. At least the more compliant ones were. Veronica found herself in her own, proper cell across the hall. The minutes ticked by slowly morphing into hours. The late evening was made even later as the group were left to stew in their cells. Indeed it very much seemed like they might be left there all night at this rate. Even so, all they could do was wait for someone to come for them.

Tieryll - In a Cell (with the incarcerated crew aka Xel Xel Blackvelvet Blackvelvet BriiAngelic BriiAngelic AnonyMouse AnonyMouse SoftSmile SoftSmile Hubub101 Hubub101 The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit )

Well...shit. Was all Tieryll could think as his sat lazily against the wall of the cell. He really was disappointed in himself for so easily giving up the ring Atrylla gave him, it was like that one time that he gave a dagger that could overload pain sensors to the point the victim wants to die to a little kid to help deal with his bullies just because he gave him puppy dog eyes. I hope they don’t drop it somewhere because I’m better off going back to the hole I woke up in then looking at myself in the mirror after losing something that important. Tieryll thinks back as to what happened the last hour, which wasn’t much in all honesty. Firstly, all he got was an angry glare from the guy he tried to chat with to lighten up the mood. He still feels a little miffed about that, he knows that it wasn’t the best timing but still...come on man. Live a little. What happened after was probably 5th on his list of most awkward carriage rides. Don’t ask him what the top 4 are, he’d rather forget what happened or save those stories for when he finishes off enough mead that normal people would die of poisoning. Let’s just say that number 4 involved him piggybacking on a paladin while they ran from a demonic sex cult. After his fifth most awkward carriage ride Tieryll arrived at the guardsman building? The law enforcement detainment area? The prison before the prison? Tieryll arrived at whatever-the-building-he’s-locked-in-is-called; after waiting for what had to be a millennia in line and god only knows how tempted he was to act like he was 5 and budge, had to give his statement of what happened. His went a little like this....

“So I did somewhat arrive at the village a few minutes before that so my lack context of what happened before my arrival to may kinda, a little bit, sort of effect my answer...bear with me on this. So I arrived to what is the most tragic scene I had ever witnessed in all my years, many many years mind you, and that scene was after a loooonnng day of traveling...,” Tieryll pauses for dramatic effect,” that the bar that was so heavenly, so elegantly structured, so gorgeous that a goddess could not even look at the door without feeling jealous was desecrated. This stunning masterpiece of a building was raped and pillaged; it’s mouthwatering alcoholic blood spilled into the cold, dirty streets. Oh, The Agony that I felt when I saw this scene. It was as if I had to watch my whole family tortured in front of me but just before I give up the will to live, they let me go. My hopes soar at the thought of living but the hope is marred by survivors guilt. Why was I let go? Couldn’t they have released my children, my wife, my ma and pa? But my will to live at the time is too strong compared to the guilt. No. The guilt will hit me later; dragging me down into its dark, icy depths; making me unable to function, suffocating me in my sleep and every single time I look into the mirror. The moment they let me go free I run, I run like the hounds of hell are after me and the moment I reach a break in the trees...an arrow hits me in the back of my leg. I wait in the forest for my doom to come walking towards me, waiting for the same end my family received. Only to hear nothing...and after waiting for hours I come to realize. They had left me to die.

So...umm...what were we talking about again? Oh! Right. So after witnessing that tragic scene, I realized that in what I assume used to be a breathtakingly beautiful bar, was a dead body. And I’m like “Aw shit on a nugget, I ain’t getting that drink am I?” but this thought was quickly put on hold as I hear an invitation to another bar and I’m like “Oh thank the gods, I thought I was royally screwed there for a minute.” Though I did find it odd that it came from a lady that left behind a sandstorm in her wake but, hey, at least I know the bar is going to be unique. In the middle of sandstorm lady booking it outta there, I noticed this chick with two...rifles...threatening the magical elf girl and the edgy princess, though I’d only find out a minute later that she was a princess at all instead of just an edgy chick. Both of them declared some sort of diplomatic immunity with one of them most likely being more...official and slightly less threatening than the other. I’m still confused about why magical elf chick, who in the few minutes of hearing her talk I was able to conclude that she has an ego the size of the sun, was mentioning something about awarding heroes. I am just going to go out on a limb and assume that was all drunken babble. Once the diplomatic immunity speeches were done the the dual rifle chick did this cool multiplying weapon thingy that I would really love to learn how to do. Like really would love to learn how to do. So she shot beams at the fuck-this-shit-I’m-out lady and somehow missed. After much contemplation, my guess is that she is one of the few people I’ve met that actually gives a shit about collateral damage. Surprising. Not long after that I get cuffed with my hopes of being able to get shit faced shattering. Oh there was also that icy lady that was freaking out in the background. Icy as in she controls ice not that she has an icy personality. You know what, I’m just going to call her snowcone lady. So snowcone lady was throwing and absolute “oh god I’m going to die” fit and I thought about helping you guys out. But I don’t want the words blue balls to become literal so I gave that idea a hard pass. What? Don’t give me that look, she got taken in willingly after being given the cat. Wait, no...rabbit. So it all in all it went well, no need for my balls to be frozen. And definitely no need for me to remain here any longer.”

I do gotta say that guard did not look impressed at my statement. Tieryll sighs finishing his reminiscing of the last 3 hours. He looks up at the other people squished into the cell. At least the edgy princess got her own cell, I ain’t touching that kind of insanity with a ten foot pole. Nah lower it to five feet, she’s got too pretty of a face to be that insulting. But man is it quiet in here, though my cellmates do seem pretty exotic coming from all walks of life...I wonder if they got any good stories.

“So...anyone got any good stories to pass the time?” Tieryll asks, saying exactly what had been on his mind.

Last edited:
Francesca Holloway

Don’t ask, don’t tell. Those were the standard ARL operatives’ operating procedures. Still, she couldn't push the one question in her mind: what was Sarathal doing with a dragon? Not that it mattered now. She had been given the order to put it out of its misery. They never indicated how, and what its weaknesses were, they just told her to go do it. Who were ‘they’? She doubted even heaven knew. She received her orders like any other day she got them: a young corporal scurrying up to her door with a missive in hand. The one that handed this one had been a cute one. She wouldn't have minded having him for company on another day or night. Obviously not tonight, though.

Inside had been just a quick letter from ‘them’, and a drawn picture of her current ‘asset’. She had to react with as little enthusiasm as possible, but it was probable that the corporal had seen her raised eyebrow when she found out what exactly the asset was. The letter was quickly discarded and burnt, and the image of her hunt was slipped into her notebook, behind a false back. No other details had been given, and she didn't have any authority to request any more. She had smiled sweetly for the corporal, gave him a kiss on the cheek, shut the door, and started to pack her things. Given by what the dimensions given had been, she doubted she could dispose of the asset reliably without extreme firepower. Even if she went the practical route and started a bonfire or a pyre even, the smell would choke her out first. The only reasonable solution was to bring along a retrieval team.

Now that she saw the monster fly by overhead where she had predicted, she doubted the twenty-strong platoon could even transport it to a train without being seen. She shook her head, drew her cloak closer to herself, and started in the direction of the dragon. She cross that bridge when she got there.

She was late to the party, it seemed. When she arrived, there was already an elf standing in its way. For whatever infernal reason, the dragon had stopped to pay attention to her. She looked shaken by the most recent, most heinous roar that the dragon had released, and she couldn't blame the elf. She quickened her pace, then finally broke into a sprint.

She leapt towards a tree, then, using it as leverage, sprang off it. The automatic chatter of her submachine gun was almost drowned out by the sound of just general movement of the beast. Her bullets struck home on its hide, but none seem to have made any purchase in harming it. It was, however, enough to draw attention to herself. She landed neatly on its back, and sprinted up its neck, a small, navy-blue-and-white figure darting across its scales as it reared around to face her. One of her hands moved to hold on to her hat, and again, using every muscle in her legs, she leapt into the air. There was a flash of steel, aimed expertly towards its eyes, blinding the dragon for but one second, and a light tap on its snout as the four-armed Inquisitor landed on its nose, slid down the ridge of it, and buried one sword into one of its eyes. She swung off it, and kicked off from the dragon as it roared in pain. By the gods, she’d lose her hearing for months.

She landed next to the elf, allowing her body to take the brunt of gravity’s pull, before straightening up. With a flick of her sword, she sent the blood to the grass beside her. She drew her second sword, and, without taking her eyes off the dragon, her last free hand snapped and waved at the elf’s direction to draw her attention. “No time fer pleasantries with the dragon, elf. It will not take. ‘Tis a mindless beastie, and y’should treat it as one. End it quickly, lest its misery spreads.

Again, what the hell was Sarathal doing with this drake?

Nyrallavi “Sen” Xhenzaeris
One day ago
Somewhere in east Calaes
simj26 simj26

The first arrow was blown aside by the wind barrier in front of the dragon. It was coming head-on, but all of Sen’s attacks just got blown aside. As it got closer to the ground, it began to level off, losing some of its speed, but still traveling insanely fast.

“Catch,” Niles said, tossing her sack of swords. Sen ditched her bow and grabbed the satchel, quickly tearing it open and pulling out her favorite claymore. Big sword, for a big dragon. By this time, the beast was almost upon her, traveling like a bullet.

“Shit. Duck!” Sen said. She stabbed her sword into the ground and dropped to one knee as the dragon flew past, carrying a mighty wind. The windows on the train exploded and the trees bent sideways. Niles was blown over and sent tumbling into a pile of firewood.

When Sen turned around, the dragon was already rising back into the sky. She finally got her first good look at it. It was sooty black, the color of charcoal. The wings were large, but tucked to its sides. It didn’t flap them to stay aloft, even though it was gaining altitude. Magic? Levitation spell? Sen thought, but she didn’t sense any magic from this creature.

On the sides of its body were what looked like gills or vents and they were spewing flames. Concentrated flames, like the thrusters of a rocket. The fire intensified as the dragon boosted itself into the clouds.

“Rocket dragon,” Niles said as he staggered to his feet. “How is that even possible? Its insides shouldn't be able to handle such heat and pressure.”

“Don’t know, but I wish it would come back down so I can kill it,” Sen muttered. She screamed at the sky, “You fucking coward! Already running away!”

The dragon arced toward the east, then began to turn and descend for another dive bomb attack. She doubted it could actually hear her from so far away, but the response put a smile on Sen’s face. Niles ran away, into one of the buildings, but she stood her ground and waited for the second strike.

It leveled off and lowered itself, flying with its belly only twenty feet or so off of the ground as it closed the distance. The rocket flames ceased as the dragon glided toward her and Sen realized it was probably going to attack her directly this time, not just do a flyby.

At least, it would have if the sound of automatic gunfire didn’t distract it. The dragon’s head turned toward the sound, just as a shura came soaring toward it and mounted its back, with a sword in hand. The shura managed to reach its head and stab its eye, bringing the dragon down. She leapt off as its massive body slammed into the ground.

“No time fer pleasantries with the dragon, elf. It will not take,” The shura said. “‘Tis a mindless beastie, and y’should treat it as one. End it quickly, lest its misery spreads.”

“Pleasantries?” Sen said. “As if I’d want to trade pleasantries with a stupid lizard… or the bitch who stole first blood.” She pointed her sword at the shura. “You owe me, for that. But first…”

She turned her attention to the beast. It had collided with a bombed-out warehouse, taking out half of the building’s wall. The scratches on its black scales revealed shiny, metal beneath. No wonder the shura’s bullets had no effect. The ‘rocket gills’ on its side were still smoking. Through them, Sen could see a raging inferno, as if the dragon’s insides were a furnace. But the gills snapped shut, sealing the fire inside as the dragon pulled its head free of the burning building and turned toward them. It was holding a large piece of metal, possibly a segment of railway track, in its foreclaws. Its massive jaws opened and spewed flames all around itself, setting the ground on fire, until the dragon was standing in a fifty meter lake of fire, surrounded on all sides. To make matters worse, it spread its wings and began to fan the flames, intensifying their heat. Satisfied that no one could approach, the dragon began to eat the piece of metal. It shoved the entire rail down its throat, melting it in the furnace in its belly.

I think I get it now, Sen thought. It can’t breathe fire and use those weird rocket thrusters at the same time. Question is, can it fly without them? She hoped the dragon’s metal body was too heavy to get airborne without rocket assistance. If it decided to fly away, they didn’t stand a chance of bringing it down again.

“I think it eats metal to grow its armor,” Sen said to the shura. She had seen stone golems do this by eating boulders, but never metal. “Thanks for crashing it into a warehouse full of scrap iron, genius. Fatass over there is just gonna ignore us, eat his fill, and fly off again. We can’t even get close to it, with all that damn fire.”

“Steam explosion,” Niles said. She hadn’t even seen him approach. He looked frightened of the shura, but explained, with a quivering voice. “A steam explosion could clear a path. It’d drive away the flames. If you can get that close enough.” He pointed to their train.

“You wanna blow up your daddy’s fancy prototype steam engine?” Sen said, laughing. “I knew there was something about you I liked.”

“Problem is, if it doesn’t work, and the dragon flies off, we have no means of catching it,” Niles replied. “It’ll continue east. In a day or so, it’ll cross into Velhellyiah… but… well… ummm…”

“Out with it,” Sen said.

“Well… I…” he glanced at the shura, but quickly looked away. “Y-you seem like a nice lady and all… and… I-I don’t wanna accuse anybody of anything, b-but… that gun…” He nodded to her automatic weapon. “Where did you get that gun?”

Seyren Menathil II

Barely a week assigned to this town, and Seyren was already executing his long arms of the law to all corners, rounding up as many would-be ruffians and scoundrels as his enforcers could possibly move. Which was not a lot, considering the crime rates reported in this region of the town. Among the ones that was captured and interrogated, three of them were bandits infiltrating the town to mark potential targets.

And Seyren hates banditry.

This day, late at night, to the flickering lights of the candles in his office, Seyren was working late again, finalizing the punishment that was to be meted out to the criminals of thievery and murder. Quill scribbling across parchments, his focus broken when a solid knock at his door turned his attention towards said door. His office was littered with reference books and scrolls dictating clauses of laws, as well as official dignitary letters that he had to oversee. While it falls to the mayor to deal with visitors of high repute and dignitary, it was Seyren's job to filter the content of security as well as coordinate work with the enforcers. As much as he is currently just an auxiliary judge, his reputation as the Blood Baron and the Impaler meant that he commanded certain respect and fear here. Though he did not know how far did his reputation precede him, one part of him was glad that he would not be encountering much resistance when it comes to law enforcements.

"Come in," Seyren said to his unknown visitor, his eyes not raising to meet the enforcer who just let himself in, his quill still rapidly swishing across the parchment.

"Sire, we've just apprehended some rabble-makers who had caused some mayhem at the local bar," the enforcer saluted as he briefed the Blood Baron.

"Not an unusual case. Drunkards setting up a brawl, possibly calling each other by immature names and cursing their own mothers," Seyren hypothesized, not caring much as such incidents were common enough that it barely warranted the judge's attention as he set the parchment aside for the ink to dry while his quill was already beginning to write, this time a letter addressing the court for the execution to be performed the next day. "Have them pay for the damages to the tavern owner, and sentence them to community service for a week should suffice," he added, his free hand reaching over to one of the documents of one of the criminals.

The room went quiet for a short while, which moments later the enforcer, confused, asked, "have the princess and a Paragon do community service?"

The scratching sound of the quill stopped at the mention of a princess and a Paragon, to which a surprised and confused Seyren finally looked up to the enforcer, his eyes twinkling in the candlelight. "Princess and a Paragon?" he asked, puzzled.

-------------------------------------------

The doors to the holding cell chambers swung open as the Impaler walked into the chambers, the odor of sweat and possible fecal matter would make common civilians revolt in disgust. But Seyren was used to it. In fact, just earlier that day, Seyren had just 'interrogated' one of the captives who was to be executed in the very next noon. A lingering scent of blood remained in the still and stifling air of the chambers, the moans and snores of prisoners echoing within the stone walls.

Led by the enforcer, Seyren headed straight to the two holding cells where to his left was locked in a bunch of people, uniquely dressed and each with their own quirks, seemingly about to start a chatter of some sorts, while to his right, alone, was a woman who carries with her a scent of pride and arrogance.

"Princess Veronica Roseanna Tatianna Constintina Von-Eddenburgh, I presume?" Seyren called out to the lone woman in the cell. "And a Paragon of the Sky Elves, in the other holding cell, one of you, I would surmise?" his cold, grey eyes turned towards the other bunch. "While I would hesitate to question your choices of companions in this part of town, ere I question the purpose of such dignitaries visiting without so much as a letter of authority, or a notification letter of some sort," Seyren stated as he took out a rolled up bundle of parchments, each of them containing the statements recorded by the Enforcers previously.

"Surely there has to be some merit worth mentioning for such an extravagant visit at this time of the day? Much less so considering the damage and scene caused at the local tavern," he added coldly, turning his attention to Veronica and Aesveria. "As I am sure you have already told the enforces about your visits, would you two be so kind as to enlighten me as to the purpose or reasoning behind this untold visitation," he asked, hands swiftly flipping through the parchments to find those containing testimonials from them.

( Xel Xel AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Blackvelvet Blackvelvet PyroMonomania PyroMonomania BriiAngelic BriiAngelic SoftSmile SoftSmile Hubub101 Hubub101 BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit )

Aoka Oni

She started feeling strange in the ride over, but her immediate focus was kept on the sobbing kit in her arms. Poor creature, it didn't deserve this horrible mistreatment. This proved her inner statement once more, humans and most other language sentient creatures were terrible. They just claimed whatever they wanted, and when a fight was put among them they acted as if the one's who owned it had made the fuss. They push their problems onto others with full knowing and disregard every other species than themselves! Vile! Disgusting! Monsters! She was squeezing the kit again, him acting as a fluffy stress-ball, it was used to this treatment but usually it went unharmed. It squealed out another cry of dismay as one of her fingers accidentally squeezed around it's leg area. She gave him hushed apologies with tear filled eyes.

Everything seemed strange to her, not because of the new surroundings and the blabber of others. Just because she felt..Off, like the feeling of constantly being by a fire. She then looked down to her cuffs as they were being transported to their holding cells. They were going to kill her without even knowing it. They didn't even put in the concern of the well-being of civilians! Horrible! Cruel! They were just..Fucking bastards! She let out a yelp, earning a few gazes. She had never even cursed in the comfort of her own thoughts, it felt well earned though.

When they had questioned her, boy did they get a big fight. She didn't know much of the native language there, but she did manage to scrounge up a few words like. " Harmed my baby! " and something along the lines of " Assaulting innocents. ". Her accent was heavy with grief and despair as the kit she had refused to let go still whimpered in it's adopted mothers arms. The rest of the testimony consisted of a dead language being spoked to the confused note-taker. " Es vio clais senata hestio clo rabia! " It was an understatement that she gave them absolute hell for harming her precious child, she had yelled in her own language for what seemed like forever until they put her in the holding cell with the others.

She had stomped to the cell, her geta clicked along the floor. She used to simply dislike the outside world, now she had despised it. The usually calm and quiet woman was pushed to her limits within a day in this place. She sat there in silent for a few minutes before realizing that her vision was getting slightly distorted. She lazily looked down to see that her usual blue hue was fading into a more peachy one. She silently screamed, her throat parched from the yelling. She felt warm. She must've been something around 10, maybe even 20 degrees?! What was this?! Her head felt like it was on fire, and she began silently sobbing from all the pain. Memories of being damaged in the arm came back, and she rubbed her hand across the wound. Crimson smudges had appeared on her hands. She was bleeding this odd color? Her brain couldn't even function with the slamming pain against the inside of her head. The kit cried out in pain for it's mother, who was crouched over and sobbing.

Her sobs began to get louder as the pain only grew with her temperature. It hurt so much, like she was practically on fire. She heard someone speaking about stories, maybe she could distract herself? She couldn't handle focusing on it. So she began singing a tune through her sobs, even though it was in her language it was still a soft tune with a story to go along with it. The calming melody from the beautiful singer lasted only a few minutes before the cellar door had opened again.

The man was speaking, she had caught some of the words. A princess and a Sky Elf? What privilege. Her race was far too rare to even be noticed as a higher being, but if she wanted she could end all of these incompetent fools. The only one who would be any challenge for herself would be the Sky Elf. Fight? She had never fought before, why were all these negative thoughts corrupting her? Then the idiotic Ice-woman realized she had a literally bottled blizzard stuffed deep within her cleavage. If it was successful, the temperature would possibly save her life--But it could possibly kill everyone else being held there. She stayed still; making her choice as her head lowered to the floor.

More tears fell on the unclean floor, the kit whimpered. A soft thump was heard as the woman fell over into unconsciousness.

EquinoxLeonidas EquinoxLeonidas AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Xel Xel BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Hubub101 Hubub101 The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

• 0e3d241e0620534b2927817ce0468e89.jpg
    Interacting With:
    Aoki ( SoftSmile SoftSmile ) Law officers ( Xel Xel )
    ~Jail~
    Growing Up || Kalani’s CS File
    The whole jail shindig was something she was rather familiar with. Unfortunately it didn’t become anymore entertaining the 15+ time than the first few. She could dip in a rather short time if she was willing to name drop as well, especially with her defending the bar and patrons, but she’d rather spend the night in the rather uncozy cell and be released in time to feed Ephemeral in the morning. Er actually it’d probably passed into morning by now, unless she was far drunker than expected which was a rather fair possibility. She wondered if she still had to pick up the tab now that the bar was in shambles.

Ultimately her testimony was not going to reveal any new info rather just be a support for what the other nobles had already been confessing to. She was somewhat glad that the woman was fessing up to murder of her own accord. Yet she was rather unsatisfied that she was so lax at the fact that she had just ended a life. Her old master always impressed the meaning of a life as she learned the healing arts, and most importantly how every good thing could be just as bad with the slightest of twists. Her healing spells could just as easily kill if she were to weave them incorrectly.

She had to admit she wasn’t quite comfortable with the anti-magic cuffs, still it’d look bad to refuse. She’d stay compliant as long as it remained in the realms of natural due process. She was for the most part focused on the woman who she’d not seen at all while the bar chaos happened. She was likely a patron then. Kalani wondered just why she’d not escaped, was she one of the ones trapped by the spear woman? She was looking rather bad.

She hardly had the chance to acknowledge the man being thrown in before the patron woman collapsed. Instinctively Kalani leaped up and started her spells, only for nothing to happen. She started to pull at the cuffs as she knelt to check the unconscious woman. Shit she was far worse at traditional medicine, and she couldn’t check over her well with the cuffs limiting her movement.

“Hey can one of you idiots get a doctor if you aren’t going to release these cuffs! I can heal her, but if you don’t trust me you need to get someone. She’s not looking good and she had literally nothing to do with this other than being in an unlucky spot in the bar.”

Aesveria sat quietly in the corner. It was the quietest she’d been since setting foot in that damnable bar ages ago. The others probably thought she was meditating or sleeping or at a loss for words. But, no, she was experimenting to keep her mind off of the immense disgrace of this entire ordeal. The filthy cell. The unspoken accusations of culpability in the crimes that had taken place tonight. It was all deeply insulting!

Normally, she would be giving them all a piece of her mind. (And she had a lot to give. She is a genius, after all, in case you’ve forgotten. And an incredibly humble one, at that.) But, presently, her great mind was occupied with the inner, (or outer, perhaps,) workings of the cuffs that had been so unceremoniously slapped upon her wrists.

At first, she thought the cuffs were blocking or disrupting the flow of mana, but that wasn’t the case. She could still see and feel it moving all around her, unimpeded. She couldn’t weave spells, but the natural flow of mana remained unaffected. Strange. Perhaps the cuffs were preventing her from altering the mana’s form. Ah, yes, that hypothesis made sense. In its natural form, mana was virtually useless. It was ambient energy that did nothing until acted upon by a mage or magitech, which then turned it into useable energy.

But surely there had to be a use for raw mana, other than pissing off other mages? Lots of people couldn’t even sense it. They could walk into a raging storm of it and be unaffected. But was there a limit to their ignorance? Is there a tipping point at which a metaphysical or transdimensional energy state can affect change on the physical plane? Paragon of Anti-Anti-Magic has a nice ring to it, Aesveria thought. Actually, no, it didn’t. She’d have to work on the name. In any case, the topic demanded further exploration.

So, she started playing with it. Being a sky elf, mana was drawn to her. Aes usually dampened this, but now simply let the mana do as it pleased. It began to build up, eventually growing to be a swirling vortex of invisible energy, with Aes at its center, before reaching critical mass and dissipating. After observing it do this a few dozen times, with no noticeable reaction from her cellmates, Aesveria decided to take it to the next level and hold on to the mana.

Instead of letting it dissipate, it just kept building and building. It came easy, at first, but became exponentially more difficult as she gathered more and more mana. Aes wasn’t entirely sure what part of a mage’s body does the ‘work’ of manipulating mana, but something began to hurt. Her head felt fuzzy and her chest felt tight. The others were talking, but their voices seemed hollow and dull, as if she was listening through a wall. She didn’t feel like she was here anymore.

She had heard of sky elves becoming drunk on mana and becoming addicted to its warm embrace. This didn’t feel warm or like being drunk. It felt like… well, it kind of felt like drowning… or…

Aesveria gasped. She had been holding her breath and didn’t even realize it. The mana storm broke, unleashing a blast of pent up energy that no one even knew was there. So much power and potential… yet it hadn’t disturbed even a single speck of dust on the ground. She could see and feel it all as it left her, and felt empty and alone once it was gone.

She hoped no one had noticed this moment of vulnerability. The last thing she needed was a bunch of humans pitying her or something. Fortunately, her gasp seemed to coincide perfectly with the ice mage passing out and the rifle girl going to her aid. To them, it probably looked like Aes gave a damn about someone other than herself.

“You’re wasting your breath. She’s a nix nilphi’ir,” Aesveria said, using the old Elvish word, because she had no idea what this creature was called in the human tongue. Frankly, she’d never even seen one before. Until five seconds ago, she thought the girl was just an ice mage throwing a tantrum. “Your healing might ease her pain, but unless you significantly lower her body temperature, she’s as good as dead. If only there were an ice mage in the room. If only there were any mages in the room!” She punctuated that statement by rattling her cuffs at their captor.

directly interacting w/ BriiAngelic BriiAngelic / SoftSmile SoftSmile / EquinoxLeonidas EquinoxLeonidas
also featuring: Blackvelvet Blackvelvet / PyroMonomania PyroMonomania / Xel Xel / Hubub101 Hubub101

Last edited:
Francesca Holloway
First blood’s got t’ be slow and steady for you elves, eh? I’d prefer it fast and rough myself, but tha’ might just be my shura blood talkin’.” She braced herself for the heatwave as she spoke casually, raising her cloak like a shield, before realising that the dragon was not exuding magic. She backed away, letting the two converse amongst themselves, until the young boy referred to her directly, or at the very least, referred to the gun in her hand. She glanced down at the Lindfield, and processed the question for a second, then finally reacted.

Oho?” Francesca leaned forwards to the young boy coyly, then raised one finger to her lips, which curled into a smile. Her scarred eye gave her the expression of a wink. This one had sharp eyes. Did he know that this was Sathal engineering? Then that would spell trouble for his life. No one should know the details of the Lindfield. There hadn't been any witness removal missions posted that had his face, but she didn't particularly keep an eye out on those ones. ‘They’ were also kind enough to leave her out of these ones as much as they could. Someone up there had a heart at least. That having been said, however, it was also very likely they’d have dispatched someone to dispatch of this young man as well. Perhaps she was mistaken, though, and she hoped she was. Perhaps the rumors had been spreading of automatic weapons being developed in Sarathal, and he was merely curious. Still, she should play it the only way she knew how.

A girl’s only as deep as the secrets she keeps. Can’t just go around tellin’ every other boy about ‘em.” She straightened up and gave a girlish giggle, then glanced towards the dragon. Her wound on it didn't seem to be interrupting its feeding. Truly a mindless beast. Expertly, she changed the topic, pushing it to the greater issue at hand. “So about that there dragon. I hear y’plan to blow it t’ smithereens, and y’need a distraction.” The shura holstered her Lindfield, and removed a notebook from her pouch. With another hand, she began to scribble a few words into it, most of them reflecting what the elf had said, without ever taking her eyes off the dragon. She pocketed the book, then unholstered her handgun this time. “I think I can get its attention. Y’think y’can pull of yer plan?

When a Kalashtar goes into shock, it is unlike what happens to most humans. More often than not they enter an almost vegetative state, unable to move or complexly think on their own accord yet still full aware of their surroundings. During the bar fight, something had hit Ajax in the temple, sending him into this state. So he saw when the fight turned bloody. He saw when the authorities came. He was aware of being cuffed and thrown in a cell with the other patrons. But most importantly, he saw them take his Cortex.

Every single good thing in Ajax's life had been brought about, directly or indirectly, by that cube. It held knowledge that only he (as far as he knew) understood. Knowledge that could change the worlds in infinite ways. In all the years he had owned the device, Ajax had barely studied a fraction of its contents. Considering his accomplishments up to that point, that says a lot. However, the Cortex had become more than just a bank of information. It had been Ajax's safety. His mental crutch when he was exiled from the hell he called home. It had been his support when he had no one.

Now it was somewhere else, and Ajax took this opportunity to have what future phycologists would call, and anxiety attack.

Coming to from shock is a slow process. With each minute that passed Ajax curled into a tighter and tighter ball in the corner of the cell. After a little while his breathing became audible. His fists and eyes were clenched tight and there was a slight shake about him. It was an embarrassing state to be in, but the young man had no control at this point. He would not respond to anyone who tried to talk to him, if they did at all. He simply would not notice.

Then, right when he though he would pop a blood vessel, something clicked. He went still and his eyes shot open. His dual mind did what it was trained to in times of high anxiety and had allowed him to break out of this trance in favor of a new one: Be useful. It had happened in the bar when he was approached by an attractive woman unexpected. The shock of his head injury (which the status of he is unsure) had delayed the response. But now he was in artifice mode, and it didn't take him long to see a problem.

He scrambled over to the unconscious woman on the floor and began using his cuffs the scrape the hard stone floor of the cell. Worst writing implement he had every used, but effective considering he was covering a large area in only a few symbols. Runic magic was a foundational art in artifice, and Ajax was hoping since he didn't need to cast anything the rune would take effect despite the cuffs. He scratched the symbols in a circle near the unconscious woman, then he grabbed her collar and moved her to the center as he spoke the activation phrase. If the runes take effect, it should create a confined area of cold capable of reviving the ice based creature. He would explain as such to anyone who asked, and would push passed anyone who tried to stop him.

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse BriiAngelic BriiAngelic SoftSmile SoftSmile EquinoxLeonidas EquinoxLeonidas Xel Xel

Local Security Forces
8:47 PM
Tallas, Velhellyiah
oiR2Fz1.jpg
The silver-haired woman from earlier strode down the corridor. Her heels clacking alone the stone announcing her presence before she rounded the corner. Flanking her were a pair of officers who, upon seeing the commotion in the holding cell, both ran ahead to deal with it. The new group arrived just in time to be informed as to the issue, the two officers looking at her for instructions with the new revelation. The woman simply gave them a nod, allowing them to open the cell and begin removing the cuffs of those held within. The woman came to a stop beside the judge, glancing at him and offering him a quick "I wasn't aware you were here." Before turning to face those in the cell, continuing without bothering for the judge's reply. "We were on our way to release you, seems we arrived at a good time." She spoke with the same stoic tone, as if there wasn't even a collapsed woman in the cell before her. "After investigating your statements, and the statements of some additional witnesses we tracked down, we now know your role in everything."

She watched as the various mages all tried their own ways of helping the, now former, blue girl. She wondered if perhaps all the commotion meant they'd miss what she had to say. Then again, it wasn't like it mattered much to her. Hell, the only reason she was even still there was because of the elf and the princess. Looking over at the judge she spoke up once more. "Normally I'd leave this to you, and I still might depending on what we hear. But if those two really are what they say they are this could become a diplomatic incident nobody wants to deal with." Almost the moment the words left her mouth she realized the man beside her would probably be rather confused why this random woman was spouting such nonsense. Due to that thought there was the brief moment where her mouth opened, and words almost came out. Yet before they could she silenced herself, curious to see the Judge's response.

So rather than explain entirely to the man beside her she shifted focus back to the crowd before her. "Needless to say, you're all free to go. Although I would ask the Paragon to remain with us as we try to get a hold of your government." Even through her monotone voice it was clear for the more astute individuals that this was by no means a request. Either they had a foreign dignitary that they'd be held responsible for if anything went wrong. Or they had some drunken fool stirring up trouble using a false diplomatic identity. Either way it wasn't a situation where they could afford to just let them wander at random.

Seyren Menathil
As Seyren waited for the aforementioned princess and Paragon to respond to his questions, a few other scenes actually made him look and observe. First off, one woman in a queer blue outfit collapsed. While he had several possible answers as to the reasoning behind her collapse, a casual flip through the testimonials earned a particular note from him. Mentioned by the investigator as, "cold to the touch when arrested, exceptionally poor at the Common tongue", and observed by Seyren to be wearing some traces of symbolic items on her clothes, hinted to Seyren that the collapsed woman might not be human. Cold to the touch could mean anything, but if a simple hypothesis was to be put, she is a creature of the cold, and the damp, humid and warm environment of the holding chamber might cause her to warm up too much. But hold up, if she would collapse due to warmth, then her leaving her hometown, which he deduced to be cold enough for her, would cause her to collapse before she was even thrown into the cell. So what was it?

The clanging of chains and one of them actually yelling at him while showing the cuffs explained everything he needed to know for the moment. The woman's cold could, potentially, be regulated via magical means, and the anti-magic cuffs were the cause of her collapsing, unable to retain and maintain the cold temperature she would need to survive. He was about to respond to the shoutings of one of the captives, who he surmised has healing magic, demanding that he or the officers remove the cuffs so she can heal her.

Another one, who was wearing clothings regal enough that he could safely assume to be the aforementioned Paragon, mentioned the word nix nilphi’ir, though he had no idea what the word meant. Simple gloss over generic words used in law in relation to Elven language, nilphi'ir somewhat translates to "men" or something. He'll need to ask the Paragon about it. But with the other prisoner suddenly quickly getting to the fainted woman and scrapping at the ground, carving what Seyren recognized as runes, on the ground, and dragging the woman over, told him what was the last piece of the puzzle. The fainted woman needs cold.

Another person came and joined the group, this one with two other officers. The silver-haired woman who just marched in noted the judge's presence at the location, with Seyren replying, "I'm here to sort out these diplomatic issues. Seems we have an international issue in our hands." Seyren only observed as the enforcer gave the command to release the prisoners, to which Seyren added when she finished with them with, "keep your noses clean in here, and you'll stay away from trouble."

Turning to the Enforcer, Seyren nodded to the lady's response, though he was sure she was the Captain of this particular squadron of Enforcers dispatched here. "Indeed, Captain. Nevertheless, regardless of the truth of their words, whether they're what they said they were, or imposters attempting to use the names of foreign dignitaries. Either way, I'm still waiting for an answer, Princess Veronica and Paragon Aesveria."

Turning his attention swiftly to another officer, Seyren motioned him to approach. "Yes sir?" the officer asked nervously, probably due to the pressure of the Captain of the Enforcers, the Bloody Baron, and potentially a princess and a Paragon.

"Do we have someone who is a polyglot, or knows the spell Tongues? Or do we have a stock of Universal Translator magitek chokers?" the Bloody Baron asked the officer. "If we have the chokers, I will require one to be assigned to the collapsed woman, when she wakes up. If not, I'll ask that you escort them to the Singing Goose, next to the apothecary," he instructed the officer, to which the officer eyed wearily at the Captain of the Enforcers, seemingly waiting for an affirmation from her.

Xel Xel The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Blackvelvet Blackvelvet AnonyMouse AnonyMouse SoftSmile SoftSmile Hubub101 Hubub101 BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

Thalia Hussain
WTF!"I understand that there are laws and procedures to be followed but... WHY THE FUCK AM I IN HERE!?!?!" Thalia shouted from the inside of her cell as she looked out through the bars grabbing a hold of them. She then backed off a bit sighing looking back at Bran. "You know this is your fault right that I'm in here. You just had to go a see what the hell those sounds were you idiot" She said looking around the rest of the room. There were a few people cramming the small cell and it was kind of unbearable. "Damn wish I had access to my weapons right now" She said twisting her cuffs around. Too bad she never had any bobby pins or any form of lock pick. She hated being locked up, it made her fearful of what was to come and in general it just wasn't a good feeling to be locked in a cell.

She knew that the only two ways she could get out of this situation is if she could out of this situation was to either find a lock pick or just wait it out. So she sat down on the floor of the cell fiddling around with her cuffs. She could try popping her thumbs out of place, but there was the chance that could end up messing up her hand super bad so she was partial to the idea. She looked back to the guy who was stood outside of their cells, She couldn't do anything with him here. Then came the police again. "Oh boy here we go" She said as the girl approached the cell. She stood there and watched as she was released from her cuffs. Almost immediately her golden armor appeared on her in a flash of magic and she sighed. "Feels good to have this back" she said looking at the group around her, "Since I never got in on any of the bar fun anyone wanna grab a drink" She asked.

BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji Hubub101 Hubub101 Xel Xel SoftSmile SoftSmile Eden Smythe Eden Smythe AnonyMouse AnonyMouse BriiAngelic BriiAngelic EquinoxLeonidas EquinoxLeonidas PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

“I… I think so,” Niles said nervously, when asked if his plan would work. “I mean, it’s not exactly a ‘plan,’ but-”

Sen elbowed him hard in the ribs. “Just shut up and get on with it. What do you need us to do?” the elf said. She pointed at the train. “We gotta get that thing moving, right? Get it to the dragon, blow it up, and that’ll put out the fire?”

“Yeah,” Niles wheezed, clutching his side where she’d hit him. “The evaporative cooling from the steam should snuff out the fire around the dragon, allowing you to get in close. I guess I gotta get the boiler fired up and build pressure… since my engineers all ran away. And de-couple the passenger car, too.”

“Nevermind that,” Sen said, giving him a shove toward the train. With her other hand she chopped the coupler off in one clean swipe, severing the engine from the passenger car. Niles stared wide-eyed, as if his brain couldn’t process what had just happened, but she kept talking, like it was nothing. “You, get in there and do your thing. Four-arms and I will handle the rest. Deal?”

He nodded and headed inside the engine compartment and got to work. Meanwhile, Sen turned to the shura.

“Well, what you got in mind for distractions?” Sen said, sizing up her rival. She stood before her, a little too close for comfort, as her eyes trailed over the shura’s body from head to toe. “Hmm, let's see... too many arms. Not enough eyes. Wacky accent. Dodges questions about her fancy gun that shoots too fucking fast to be from around here. I’d say you’re pretty distracting already. But --despite what they say about me-- I ain’t no dragon, so what do I know?”

Aesveria’s eyes narrowed on the enforcer when the woman said something about holding her and the murderer until their respective governments could be contacted. The brief joy of being free of the cuffs was immediately snuffed out by the idea of remaining in this town a moment longer. For a moment, her gaze appeared threatening, as if the thought of these foolish humans holding her was enough to inspire violence. But, after a pause, she began to laugh.

“How amusing,” Aesveria said. “First, you imply I’m a liar and hold me against my will. Then you expect me to remain idle while your primitive mail carriers transport correspondence between here and Altamura to confirm the things I’ve already told you.” She haughtily turned up her nose. “If this is your idea of preventing an international incident, your diplomatic abilities leave much to be desired.”

She had already said in her statement why she came to this town and the tavern. Aes had served as a personal tutor and magical instructor for a noble family living about an hour from Tallis. They could contact the family for proof of her legitimacy. She came to Tallis proper for a brief rest and to gather supplies for the journey back to Altamura and paid for three nights’ stay at the tavern. The owner had been killed, but proof of her payment and residency could be found in the tavern’s ledger. Even her belongings were still there, in the rented room. The key to said room was resting in her pocket at this very moment.

Reveling in the surety that she had nothing to fear from these people and their misplaced sense of ‘justice,’ Aes began to smile at the judge and his enforcer lackey. She spared a brief glance in the direction of rifle girl and the ice maiden, to ensure all was well there, before returning her full attention to the man in charge.

“You want proof I am a Paragon? A demonstration of my power? Is that all?” Aesveria said, with her hands on her hips. “I gained and maintained my title through centuries of study and have proven myself to far greater minds than yours. What am I, a jester who performs magic tricks for children? You are neither wealthy enough nor adorable enough to be found worthy of such an honor, young man.”

Last edited:
Tieryll - Outside a cell (interacting with Blackvelvet Blackvelvet Xel Xel EquinoxLeonidas EquinoxLeonidas )

“Aww come on, the moment I try to get a response out of these crickets we finally have someone come to let us out!?” The vampire says voicing his incredulity he then looks around the cell noticing something. “Okay, I know my voice might be annoying sometimes but to the point of it driving a person to unconsciousness? That’s a little hurtful.” Tieryll says looking at snowcone lady now slumped over on the floor. “Wait....shit I don’t think she’s okay! Uhhh....it looks like everyone else has got it...sooo I guess I’ll just stand here aimlessly....”

He really wouldn’t have been able to help even if wanted to, he is god awful at magic. He might’ve have made something exotic like a healing sword when we was blackout drunk but he doesn’t even have his armoury on him to check since they had taken it from him. Now the thought of loss of that ring just made him sad again, damn. Oh wait...is that guy freaking the fuck out in the corner...aaannnd now he’s writing runes. Is everyone a fucking mage in this goddamn cell!? Isn’t that suppose rare or something? I’m pretty sure it is because I know I received enough lectures from Zelly of him trying to drill the fact into my head. He’s all like ‘no Tieryll you can’t make yourself a magic army to shoot laser beams at your enemies. No, you can’t make them conjure a fortress of evil wherever you want. No, you can’t make them turn the ocean into an endless supply alcohol. How idiotic are you, Tieryll, magic doesn’t work like that!? You’re older than me but you’re still the most retarded person I’ve met in all the centuries of my life!’ Ahhh, good ol’Zelly he was so easy to piss off and such priceless reactions too. I miss him. Oh look rifle chick is back. And it looks like we’re free, yes!

"Since I never got in on any of the bar fun anyone wanna grab a drink?" A girl he kinda overlooked said, he shall now dub her Goldie. He really liked Goldie’s idea, he desperately needed a drink.

“Ahaha I like the way you think, Goldie. How about we hit up some bars, have some fun?” Tieryll enthusiastically agreeing to Thalia’s suggestion, as the vampire gets his cuffs get unlocked. “Though before for we have that much fun, how about we get our belongings back?” Tieryll looks over at rifle chick and hmm...judge right? Scales McGee? No, the judge of judging? Too long winded and repetitive. Eh..he’ll think of something later. So looking at these two he says as he completely ignoring the scathing tirade of the magical elf girl, “Hey, where did you two goodie two shoes shove our shit?”

Last edited:
Nero Nakamura
On the SEA BREEZE coast of Zester

The Old Salty Dog
1537939619015.png
Off the docks of Zester a port town having the rarest catch, sitting in the sea, a ship is slightly moving with the breeze, and a single man on top its deck. The man was fishing with a rod then, with a net, he seems bored and lonely. He is the only person on this ship, which he build a long time ago using as a home and only going in to buy booze and tinder for his kitchen, for being a great naval captain he was a slob.

He thinks to himself, ”Why is that I’m not fighting instead I’m here fishing and moping around. The amount of wealth I been gifted should be paid for a crew but it is a hassle but for me, making a crew? ” He chuckles from the pun he made… Suddenly, he hears from a distance loud roar it thundered across the skies it shrieks of a dragon, he feels the roar, it jump starts his heart and having goosebumps bumps on his body and hairs standing tall, his blood is boiling with excitement, smiling he drop his fishing rod in the sea and runs to grab a telescope.

He yells out in excitement like a child on his birthday “Of all times now, this never been to perfect!” as he predicts the dragon range he sees that it is moving faster than any dragon he saw and no wings aren’t present but it didn’t matter to him it just a small target to hit. Getting control of three of his cannon he aims it above and the right of the target trying to hit the dragon body. As the cannon took its position he loaded each shell and ready to fire *boom...boom...boom* without hesitation the sound of the blast from firing the shell shook the town during its panic of the dragon. Everyone fell silent after hearing the cannons roar rivaling the dragons.

The shells flew in an ark the first shell miss the dragon, the second shell directly hit on one of the dragon’s wings tearing up the wing and the last shell was over its head ,but the dragon ate it splash in to the molten core of the dragon like a cannonball hitting water, the molten metal flung up the dragon's throat and its vents causing it to crash.

Pulling out his cigarette and flicking his lighter *click click click* taking a puff, saying to himself “It seems like, I clipped the sparrow's wings ”.
The Old Salty Dog simj26 simj26 AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back