• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Araal Campaign

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Xel

The Paladin
The year is 1013 of the Sathal Calander. Fifteen years have passed since the Great War. The largest conflict in history, it raged across the planet with almost every nation on Tennim getting involved. The scope and ferocity of the conflict has left deep scars in it's wake. Hundreds of millions lost their lives, nations were devastated, and even to this day they work to rebuild. But it is among this rebuilding effort that people continue to thrive. Be it to make a name for themselves, to seek out new information, or to merely get by from day to day. No matter the tragedy the world continues to spin and the people continue to press forward. But there are stories to be told about these people. About the lives they live and the struggles they overcome. And in this vast world, it is their stories that we focus on.

Here's the IC thread. I'll be getting a more narrative post up sometime soon but I promised Monday or Tuesday, so gotta deliver. Plus you all probably wanna just go and post for your chars anyways.

simj26 simj26 The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit The Regal Rper The Regal Rper BriiAngelic BriiAngelic BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji Blackvelvet Blackvelvet Gryphtaur Gryphtaur SoftSmile SoftSmile Hubub101 Hubub101 AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

• __carna_xenoblade_series_and_xenoblade_1_drawn_by_koyorin__61c7b9fa7a94e4be3371a7fac0a0d9ce.jpg
    Interacting With:
    Ajax ( Hubub101 Hubub101 )
    ~Bar~
    Tonight || Kalani’s CS File
    The hustle and bustle of the bar was just as similar across the world. The world past the walls only existed when convenient for its patrons. She loved it. Just hanging around provided all the free entertainment she could ever want. Not to mention it provided her jobs as well when she was lucky. Didn’t even matter in the rare cases where she couldn’t understand a lick of what they were saying, typically someone was gonna speak Calaen. Still even in the times where it was oddly quiet the drinks were good.
    She wasn’t sure which area she was in anymore actually. Which was two parts her own shitty direction, one part the godly buzz she was rocking. Considering the high mix of Calaen & Sathal she figured it was a healthy guess to say she was on the borders of Calaes. Wait no she passed that earlier this morning. She needed another drink, and eventually a place to crash but that was easy enough considering there was no lack of hot people in the bar.
    She downed the rest of her whisky and slammed down the cash onto the counter. In terms of drinks she was done for the night, she’d already seen some fucker eying up her. While usually this wouldn’t stop her she was to the point where she couldn’t tell if he wanted to mug her or fuck her. She got up to move feeling the eyes follow her.
    Let him try something funny. Still the night in jail isn’t quite how she was planning today especially without knowing what side of the border she was on. She grabbed her bag and rifle off the chair, slinging both over her back, and went swaggering to one of the nearby tables. Rather than wait til she got there she grabbed a chair as she headed over planting herself backwards onto it as soon as he looked up.
    “Hey there handsome. Any chance you’re looking for some company? I’ve been told I’m great eye candy so it’s your lucky day.”

Ajax was sitting in a tavern enjoying the first meal he had eaten in the better part of two weeks. While his coat made it so he could go long periods of time without needing to eat, he still enjoyed food. If anything more so now than ever. He had recently arrived in this city after a long trek so he decided to treat himself. He had requested a meal and a drink of whatever the barkeep recommended and was soon greeted by a venison steak and a bottle of what was called 'graver gimlet'. He rested his coat on his chair as he ate, making a note to himself that he would need to maintenance the enchantment soon. The food was divine, he hadn't had any complications getting into the city and he had already booked his room for the night in the tavern. Everything was looking good.

And then she sat down.

When approached by an attractive female, most men would feel some semblance of confidence, especially when they were addressed as "handsome". Ajax was not most men, and quickly felt the cold grasp of panic wrap around his form. He nearly choked on his food, and took the better part of six seconds forcing it down his throat. That was all the time he had to desperately think of something to say. He ran through every piece of information his mind held, hoping for some inkling of guidance to no avail. At the last possible moment before the silence became painfully awkward, he noticed something. His eyes trained on the arcane rifle slung on her back and he had a moment of clarity. His wide eyes glowed ever so slightly, too dim to notice in this lighting unless someone was looking carefully. "Your rifle is broken," was all he said as he stared at the weapon with grave intensity.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Aesveria walked down the street, moving with a straight-backed swift stride, wearing her anger on her sleeve. Her heels clicked on the cobblestones and her white gown and shawl billowed out behind her, like a trail of wispy smoke or the afterglow of a passing specter.

A stocky man with a sword and cheap armor followed, struggling to keep up with the long-legged elf. “Would you slow down?” he said, red-faced and sweaty. His round belly swelled and shrank as he gulped air. “I did my job, dammit. I still don’t see what you’re so angry abou-”

The silver-haired Sky Elf wheeled around to face him and he stopped in his tracks. “You were too slow,” she said, with her hands on her hips and an intense stare. “And you’re still too slow. Disgraceful. Pathetic.”

“Are you kidding me?” the man replied, throwing up his hands. “I drew as soon as the knife came out. Any faster and it would’ve been murder, not self defense. The guards said the same, when they showed up.”

“He offended me,” Aesveria said, turning up her nose. “You should have cut him down the moment he demanded I hand over my money. In fact, you should have removed his head for even thinking of mugging me. Kids these days have no respect.”

The bodyguard sighed. “Look, lady, I don’t know what cloud you fell from, but here in the real world, you can’t just draw your sword on a guy because he offends you.”

“You don’t work for the world, you work for me,” Aes said. Her eyes narrowed on him and, after a pause, she began to smile. “But that can change…” She pointed a finger at him. “You’re fired.”

“W-what? Now, wait a minute, I need this job…”

“Fired,” Aes said again as she fished a wad of cash from her purse and held it out to him. “This should cover today’s wages and a little something extra for your troubles.” After a pause, he reluctantly accepted the money. “Now go,” she said, shooing him away as if he were a bothersome pest. “Begone, before I turn you into a frog.”

He cocked his head to the side. “You can do that?”

“But of course. I invented frogs,” she said proudly. “Centuries ago, they didn’t exist. Until one day, a foolish human came along and-”

“Yeah, right, whatever. I ain’t got time for this shit,” the man muttered and began to walk away. He waved over his shoulder. “Take care. You’s a crazy bitch, but it was fun while it lasted.”

And then he was gone.

“That was a joke,” Aesveria whispered to no one, as she stood alone in the street. There was only the slightest hint of sadness in her voice. “You could have at least laughed before leaving.”

With a sigh, Aesveria began to walk the darkened streets. This was only her second day in this town. She had spent the last two months serving as a magic tutor to a young noble whose family lived on an enormous estate about an hour away. Now that her contract was up, she got the heck out of there as quickly as possible. The boy was an excellent student and showed a lot of promise, but his parents were insufferable.

Now what? Head home to Altamura and kick back for a while or respond to any of the dozens of open invitations to teach or consult? Either way, she would have to travel and she didn’t like to do that alone. So, time to hire another bodyguard, preferably one who isn’t a lard ass. She thought his tremendous girth would make troublemakers think twice, but it turns out humans aren’t quite as stupid as she thought. They’ve evolved past the primitive belief that size matters and choosing the biggest fucker in town to be your bodyguard doesn’t work half as well as it used to.

Minutes later, she walked through the door of the tavern she was staying at and loitered there for an extra second or two, as if waiting for a round of applause or a red carpet to magically appear at her feet. Of course, it didn’t. Forgive them. They don’t know they are in the presence of greatness.

With a slight smile, she glided to a table in the rear, pulled out a chair, and carefully draped her shawl over the back of it before gingerly taking a seat and crossing her legs. After ordering a glass of wine and a light meal, Aesveria slid out a second chair to serve as a footstool and put her feet up while she watched tonight’s entertainment.

The room wasn’t exactly crowded, but offered enough exhibits to stave off boredom. Exhibit A: a woman with a rifle downed the last of her drink and forcefully slammed some cash down on the bar. Here we go, Aesveria thought. She hadn’t seen a good bar fight in a while; this ought to be good. Unfortunately, the girl simply went over to a man and began flirting. Disappointing. Just another call girl looking for work. Why the rifle? Some kind of new fetish? Kids these days…

The Sky Elf scoffed, but brightened up slightly as a waiter placed a salad and a tall glass of wine in front of her. “On second thought, I’d like the bottle,” she said. “Thank you, dear.” The young man nodded and headed back to the kitchen.

• __carna_xenoblade_series_and_xenoblade_1_drawn_by_koyorin__61c7b9fa7a94e4be3371a7fac0a0d9ce.jpg
    Interacting With:
    ~Bar~
    Come My Way || Kalani’s CS File
    A laugh burst out from her as she watched the man fall all over himself trying to regain composure. This is exactly the kind of reception she welcomed. After all the ones that looked at her and knew she was out of their league were exactly her type. She made sure to lean her torso a bit closer, letting her hair fall and cascade partially onto the table. She turned her head lying it sideways on the back of the chair. She made sure to whisper the first part of her sentence making it so he’d not be able to back up just yet.

“Oh man is it? I mean…”

She knew her face had to be just a bit flushed right then as buzzed as she was. She changed her expression from the pretty damsel act that she’d started up once his sputtering happened and instead let a chaotic grin spread across her face. She let out a stream of giggles before throwing herself back up nearly forgetting that she was sitting reversed. Luckily enough she didn’t stumble but instead only went slightly more than she meant to.

“I Suppose that is what happens when you use it to crack open an asshole’s head.”

She got up putting the rifle on the table as she turned the chair back around the correct way. She sat back down crossing her arms over her chest as she looked back to the man. She wondered just what exactly the hooded man did. Not so much as interest but more as she was in the market for another job anyways. While she occasionally got some protection jobs it was slightly harder if she didn’t make contacts in the cities she passed. While he seemed in no way a local, unless he was just a natural loner, that didn’t mean that he couldn’t have some use in befriending.

“So what exactly are you in town for? You from around here? It’d be nice to know someone who knows the area.”

• Rannek Solari
    9:28 AM
    Tallas, Velhellyiah

eqqILrl.jpg
    The sharp-dressed man made his way down the city streets. It was getting late into the morning and the city had long since come alive with people going about their daily routines. But he wasn't here for that. None of the passerbys concerned him. He had but one goal, one destination. He just hoped the information he had received was correct. Coming to a stop at a busy intersection he glanced down at the briefcase her carried. If his information was off this whole trip would be a complete waste of time. And that thought didn't exactly sit well with him. He couldn't just go back empty-handed. So he picked up the pace, glancing down at a piece of paper in his free hand as he went. Eventually his journey came to an end. There he stood outside an unassuming building nestled among all the others. Looking up at the sign, glancing down at the paper, and then back at the sign. Sure enough this was the place.

He pushed the piece of paper into his coat pocket before opening the door, the bell heralding his arrival as he made his way inside. He took a few steps inside, his eyes wandering around the interior. The decor was more or less what he expected. However, more important than the decor was who resided inside. Or, rather, who didn't. The room was empty, save for him. After another quick scan to confirm he didn't simply miss them he took a few more steps to the counter. Even still there wasn't any sign of life in the building. With a sigh he looked down at the little bell and tapped it a few times. If the chime on the door didn't alert them one would think a simple bell wouldn't either. With that thought in mind her added his own voice in hopes the louder sound would get some attention. "Excuse me! I am looking for a..." He paused, briefly, nearly forgetting the name he was given. "Tear? I have a job request for them!" His eyes wandered as he waited for some kind of response. If there was anyone inside they must have heard him.

For a brief moment, the young man was shaken from his trance only to be put back in a stupor. He watched his company mutter something under her breath before rocketing to her feet and swinging her chair around. The sudden motion and the accompanying loud declaration of violence startled Ajax to no foreseeable end. Had it not been for his coat catching a leg of the table he would have fallen backward. Just as quickly as she stood, she sat back down now with her weapon on the table between them. The awkward stare lasted no longer than half a second before his focus shifted back to the rifle.

In the moments that followed, it was as if nothing existed except he and the artifact before him. His eyes began to glow again, brighter now and filled with conviction. In one fluid motion, he threw off his hood and used his teeth to tear off his gloves. This revealed his branded face, a pair of sapphire rings (one on each hand and worn backwards so the gem faced the palm), and a remarkable case of hood hair. Then right there in the middle of the tavern, the rings began to glow much like his eyes and Ajax went to work.

A series of light beams and what appeared to be electrical bolts sprang from the rings into parts of the rifle as he moved his hands, causing parts to shift and enchantment strands to rearrange. It was clear that the rings served as his tools for both the physical and arcane aspects of the relic. His focus was mostly in the barrel, just past the receiver. There was little noticeable physical damage beyond standard wear and tear. However, the way he used his rings suggested the damage was arcane in nature. There were a few moments where he seemed to hold his breath, as if his work was delicate. Even still he worked remarkably quickly. He only spoke as he began reassembling the weapon, seemingly having fixed whatever internal damage was sustained. His voice sounded far more distant than just across the table. "You use this weapon to conduct vitalis and areokinetic magics. Using two schools puts strain on the focus coil, which without maintenance was causing a leak..." He trailed off as his voice and eyes returned to normal. He blinks several times and shakes his head slightly before his face flushed and his eyes went wide. "I... I... I-I..." He stammered before he flipped his hood back up with a sigh and said, "I'm sorry..."

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

“Oh, what have we here?” Aesveria whispered to herself as the drunk girl laid her rifle on the table. From this distance, she couldn’t hear what was being said, other than the girl’s inebriated laughter and obnoxious giggling, but the body language was enough to know the man was more focused on the weapon than its owner.

When the waiter came and placed a bottle of red wine before Aesveria, she barely even noticed him. She was too busy watching the mage work on the girl’s rifle. She hadn’t seen magic quite like this before. It almost seemed like alchemy, but no, he was manipulating mechanical components and enchantments, not the elements. But the focus appeared to be the rings on his fingers. Those were the source of his power.

Just another magitek user, relying on a crutch, Aesveria thought. I doubt he has any skill of his own. Pathetic. So typical of humans.

Her attention returned to her immediate surroundings and she realized the waiter had not only left the bottle of wine, but an extra glass with it. “Excuse me,” Aesveria said, catching the man’s attention just as he was turning to leave. She nodded to the glass.

“Oh… my mistake,” the waiter said as he leaned in to remove the offending item. “You seemed as if you were waiting for a guest, so I thought-”

“Incorrect, but very thoughtful of you. Leave it,” the elf replied. She slipped him a tip and he quickly bowed before hurrying away.

Aesveria poured herself a glass and swirled it thoughtfully as she continued to watch the mage. He seemed a little too timid to be of any use as a bodyguard. Then again, if all women flustered him the way this one did, he might be amusing. At the very least, she wouldn’t have to worry about him making a move on her. Frankly, Aes could handle herself; she only hired guards because traveling alone was boring.

And she didn’t like to carry things. Or open doors. Or do anything, really. Even this nitwit could do that.

She took a sip of her wine and leaned forward, resting her chin in her hands as she watched them from across the room. I wonder if she’s any good with that rifle…

A figure entered the tavern, cloaked in brown. He took a moment to look around the place, taking a survey of its crowd and their mental state. To the left of him men cheered loudly, celebrating their evening with a toast. They clinked their mugs against one another's, with no particular care or effort put towards saving their contents. It was clear that this was not their first drink, nor would it be their last. To his right there sat an older man, drinking away his sorrow in solitude. Toward the back were two men, a beautiful woman in between them. They were moments away from erupting into a fit of violence. All around him there were targets. Drunken, easy targets. Laughing, punching, shouting or sobbing; it mattered not to him. He could already feel the money in his pockets.

He cracks his neck, taking a step forward. Not just any step; it was a step that came with a certain level unpredictability. A step that brought with it a certain rhythm. A certain rhythm which turned into a shuffle: The shuffle of a man of whom if you were to grace your eyes toward you would not be so sure that he would reach his destination. It was the shuffle of a drunk. Or rather, the perfect imitation of the shuffle of a drunk. His camouflage was complete.

As the figure made his way toward the bar, he began to bump and nudge the crowd. And, to the untrained eye these bumps and nudges were just that. However, beneath them came a layer of pinpoint accuracy and precision, wrapped in a subtlety veterened by years of practice. As the figure bumped he would fill his pockets with the treasures of his drunken victims. A few gold coins here and there, a valued watch, or even a ring: Just a few examples of what filled his pockets as he reached the bar.

The figure sits on a stool, emptying a pile of coins from his pockets in front of him. He ordered a drink, pulling back his hooded cloak to reveal the face of a young boy. He ran a hand through his messy brown hair, tapping his fingers on the wooden counter.

Why did clients only ever show up when she was busy? Granted, she didn't actually spend a whole lot of time at the front desk, but it was still a bother. Maybe investing in a bell that didn't just get drowned out by the morning hustle and bustle would help make it feel a little less intrusive, but whatever. It kept her on her toes, if nothing else.

"Yeah! Up here!" A youthful-sounding voice sounded out from above the visitor's head. "Be with you in a second!" She wasn't up to anything terribly important at the moment anyway. The man would hear the sounds of a few items clattering about in a box and a book being slammed shut, before the star and sole employee of the little shop stepped down from the building's loft.

"Heya. Sorry about the cold welcome, I wasn't expecting anyone in today. Do you do tea?" Stepping behind the counter, Ryder checked a well worn looking kettle for water, before setting atop a magical burner. "I only have black, without milk. Plenty of sugar, though. Still getting a setup together after getting bus-" She caught herself. No need for embarrassing details in front of a potential client. "I mean, after quitting coffee. Anyway! I doubt you care about my drinking habits."

Kettle rapidly bubbling away behind her, the girl took a seat behind what acted as both a counter and her desk, while gesturing for the man to pull up one of the few seats strewn around the store.

"Down to business, right? I'm actually kind of busy right now; Planning to ship out of town later today for a job. But I've always thought myself to be pretty great at multitasking, so I might still be open for whatever it is your offering."

"So." The kettle had already been brought to a screech by the wonder that was heating magic. "What're you looking for?"

Xel Xel

Interacting With:
    Noticeable for:
    Aes ( AnonyMouse AnonyMouse ), Eden ( Eden Smythe Eden Smythe )
    ~Bar~
    Shady Charade || Kalani’s CS File
    No no no this ignoring thing he was doing was not going to work. What the actual fuck was he doing. Her buzz was cooling if only to be replaced by quiet anger. She let him go on glaring at him all the while. If he felt like ‘fixing’ her rifle well at the very least she was gaining there. Being hot only got you so far. Plus while she was wondering just what was up with the shine on those rings he was sporting, it would be far more interesting to her if they were Calean.

Admittedly part of her was curious, if he could tell what magic she focused on just by the gun maybe there was more use in letting him tinker with it a bit. It would be helpful to have someone with that new a thing or two about magic and magical maintenance. Even if it’d be indefinitely more helpful if he’d simply answer what she wanted to know. She let out a sigh as the man rehooded himself.

Well that would be rather annoying. If he was this on edge after fixing something of hers completely unprompted then Kyr knows he’s be running away like a baby should he stumble up and offend someone. That coupled with her rather unfortunately relationship with the local police in well everywhere spelled disaster if he did feel like becoming a guide.

She picked up the rifle and stood. She switched the safety off and started to channel aerokinetic magic in it. Nothing huge naturally, no jail for her today, but just a small gust of wind to go through the tavern. With a breath in and then a slow release she let it fire. The doors to the bar swung open even with the weak amount of magic she’d been using. Oh this was working much better. She spun the rifle and let it strap back onto her shoulder.

“My my. You are good. This is working far better. Though I suppose not one for listening. So are you from the area shy boy?”

Rannek Solari
9:30 AM
Tallas, Velhellyiah

eqqILrl.jpg
The man's gaze shifted upward to the source of the voice. He couldn't see the owner of the voice but it was evident by their voice that they were a young woman. He stared up at the direction of the hurried sounds. Watching as a young girl emerged and offered an apology. She was quite chatty, offering him tea and not even bothering to wait for his response before going off on the various additives she had to offer. His gaze followed the girl's gesture, looking over at a chair that he promptly grabbed and brought over before the counter to sit across from her. All of this without him ever even getting a word in. Finally, among the wail of the kettle, the young girl gave him an opportunity to get a word in. "Yes, hello. Miss. Ryder I presume?" Her reputation preceded her and while it was surprising seeing such a young girl, he didn't much care as long as she got results.

"It is a fairly simple job. I need you to locate someone for me." He fished out a small picture and slid it across the counter. It featured a tanned-skinned female with black hair and amber eyes. "This woman. She is wanted for a... domestic situation back in Calaes. I do not expect you to bring her in or anything like that." His eyes gave the girl a quick once-over, it being obviously written on his face that he very much doubted anything short of detective work was possible by the young girl. "So long as you are able to provide her location that is all that I require. To that end I am willing to pay quite a bit should your work lead to her return to Calaes." With that he hoisted the briefcase up onto the counter and clicked it open. With the lid popping up it's contents were revealed to be stacks upon stacks of cold hard cash. Velian currency as befitting their location. After allowing the girl a good look at her prize the man promptly closed up the briefcase and brought it back to his side. "So, is it a job you're interested in? Or does your other job take precedence?"

"Hm, hm" Tear, Ryder, or whatever this man wanted to call her nodded along as he explained her situation, doing her very best to hold her temperament together when he produced that ludicrous stack of cash. Hoo. Just who did he think she was? Heck, just who was he hiring her to track down? If he was willing to pay this much money to hire someone, well, someone of her stature, there were only three possibilities.

One. He was really stupid.

Two. He had way too much money. Probably paired with one, now that she was thinking about it.

Or three. This lady was some kind of big-time important.

The payment didn't quite rival what she'd been offered if she turned up anything in that other investigation. But while the territory of being a detective came with the prerequisite of being the type of person to look gift horses in the mouth; Mercantile wisdom judged that putting some eggs in an extra basket or two could never hurt. At least that's what her grandmother would've told her to do right now, though she had supposedly been the greedy type...

Ah, whatever. At this larval, fragile stage of her career, so was she.

"As it'd happen, something like this'll fit in nicely enough with my travel plans. I'm planning a fairly cohesive tour of the local lay over the coming month, so if there was ever a time for me to go chasing a goose, now would be it. I can't make any promises, this is a goose and a half, after all, but, good news for you, I don't charge up-front." Before continuing, she reached over her shoulder and lofted the borderline molten kettle up off the element, and produced a cup. "You never answered about the tea, by the by, but I guess that's not important. There's a bit of paperwork we'll need to do first, contact info, proof of employment, so on and so forth. Just the usual proceedings, and then you can be off at your leisure."

Xel Xel

Last edited:
Ajax sat quietly as the woman tested her repaired weapon. He knew he had been rude, the look on her face as he finished his work was evidence of that. But frankly it was that or an anxiety attack. Working gave him a sense of purpose, and that was the closest thing he was capable of to confidence. At least she didn't ask about his face. He watched closely as she tested the weapon, making a few mental notes and immediately wondering how it could be improved. The pursuit of perfection is the basis of artifice, and had become second nature. He could only be completely satisfied when that rifle could shoot down the gods. But, the maintenance he preformed would suffice for now. For a brief moment a small smile crept across his face.

And then she asked a question.

He paused for an uncomfortable moment, using all the mental discipline at his disposal to force words to the forefront of his mind. With a deep breath, she spoke, "N-no. I've been traveling for..." He trailed off, not out of nerves this time but out of uncertainty. Upon consideration, he did not know how long he had been wondering. He must not have thought it relevant to keep track. He had his priorities in order. He wondered, he made things, and he searched for a way into his own head. That was about all he needed. But, upon consideration in this moment, that wasn't enough. It had been, but was no longer. He would have to ponder this more later, as he remembered that he was mid sentence. "-for a while now. I've never needed to know where I was going." With her question answered, he racked his brain for what to say next, mulling over the past few moments. He then remembered that she had asked more questions while he was working. "And to answer your first question, I'm here to do exactly what I did to your weapon. I'm an artificer. Well... aspiring artificer. I've been wondering for opportunities to make things. Magic things, like these rings." He proudly held up his hands, palms out to show the sapphires. Wearing the rings backwards was the best way to control their magic as he worked.

Now he had a problem. He had run out of questions to answer and needed to make up for being rude. He once more dove into the recesses of his mind, searching for clues as to what to say, though was a little less successful this time around. Try as he might to use a full sentence, he was only able to say one word in a questioning tone. "you?"

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Aesveria slowly picked through her salad while she watched the mage and the gunner. She wasn’t sure why she found them so interesting. The room was full of potential entertainment, but something about these two captivated her. Maybe it was how pathetic the man seemed. Or maybe it was the girl’s persistence. If she was a call girl, surely there were better marks to be found.

You already got some free gunsmithing out of this deal. Quit while you’re ahead, dear, Aes thought, with a sly grin. She counted at least three or four other men in the room, watching the girl. If the mage didn’t make a move soon, someone else would.

Maybe he was some kind of monk or something. The strange markings on his face could be religious symbols. And a vow of celibacy would explain his mind-boggling inability to catch what the girl was throwing. A blind man would’ve taken the hint. Of course, there was also the, admittedly small, possibility that he’s just not into her. He’s into men, perhaps? Unlikely. She made him sputter and flounder like a fish out of water, so it was clear he at least felt something.

Aesveria mulled over this for far longer than any sane person should. After finishing another glass of wine and devoting all of her scientific powers of deduction to this conundrum, she could reach only one conclusion, one infallible truth, which explained everything:

He’s not drunk enough.

Everything became clear. The Design was laid out before her and Aesveria knew what she must do. It was her duty, as both his elder and a woman of impeccable wisdom and magnanimity, to guide him down the path to salvation. The kind of salvation only found in the bedroom.

Uncorking the bottle of wine once more, she filled the second glass, the one the waiter had left at her table. With her finger, Aesveria traced a circle in the air, about the size of a small saucer. A ring of pale blue light appeared and quickly took shape. Concentric rings and swirling geometric shapes formed within it, each representing a foundational element of the item to be transported. Then, she picked up the glass, holding it by the rim with the tips of her fingers, and lowered it into the portal.

Meanwhile, at the table shared by the mage and his mate-to-be, the same portal appeared before them, hovering about a foot above the table top. The glass began to emerge. First the base, then the long stem, and lastly the goblet of bright red wine. It landed with a delicate ‘tink’ of glass on wood, then the portal vanished, as if it had never been there.

Satisfied that she had nudged the state of affairs ever so slightly closer to the desired outcome, Aesveria sat back once more and put her feet up, with a smug grin. Centuries of magical study had led her to this moment.

Silvion Laefalla - Whatever town with the tavern everyone seems to be in

A cheerful looking elf rushed through the streets. He tried his best to weave and duck between people but kept running into them anyway causing him to stop and apologize profusely. In his arms he carried a bundle of notes books, rolls of paper, and curiously enough a weird magitek device that looked like someone attached a compass to a typewriter. Stumbling his way to a tavern, the elf practically tripping through the door, and somehow keeping grip of everything in his arms he exploded into a thousand apologies.

“Ahhh I’m sooo sorry! I didn’t mean to take so long but had to help a cat on the way and then these two big scary men kept on trying to take your stuff so I had to run around all over the place to loose them and then walking traffic suddenly got really busy and then I realized I was heading the wrong way so I had to turn around to run back but I kept running into people because of how busy it is...,” The elf said this all in one breath, only stopping when he ran out air, before taking a deep breath and continuing, “I’m really really sorry for being late.” It was unknown who the elf was talking too until a gruff looking man in the back corner of the tavern burst out laughing.

“Ahahahahaha,” The man bellowed in laughter,” I should raise your pay for making me laugh so hard. Anyway here. For ‘fetching’ me my items”

The man handed the elf a few coins after the being given the stolen items, clearly ripping him off on what was a thievery job. The elf took the coins in hand smiling brightly at the man, not even suspecting a thing. He didn’t look like the type to take thievery jobs so it was most likely the elf had been lied too.

“Thanks! I was pretty worried that I wouldn’t have a bed to sleep in tonight. Man, the big city is more expensive than I thought but with this I won’t have to worry anymore!” The elf cheerfully replied, he took the coins in hand clutching them to his chest. The coins given wasn’t even enough for a night at the tavern, at most it could afford a cheap meal. “You’re pretty cool you know, no one was willing to help me out when I was lost and then you came. That’s why I want you to be my friend and visit my hometown so you could see all those sights I was telling you about.”

“Hmph, sure.” The man, clearly only humouring the elf, agreed.

“Then it’s a promise!” Smiling, the elf looked at the man with bright eyes, acting exactly like a happy dog. People could easily imagine a tail wagging behind him. Unknown to all but the smiling elf himself, the man had sealed his own fate by agreeing. The elf looked around the tavern spotting some interesting people. “Oooooo Is that a sky elf?! I’ve never seen one for before!” The elf said ecstatically before running toward her,” Hey miss! Can you tell me about yourself? I’ve never seen sky elves before. Is it true that you all live on a floating city? And that the older elves are reeeealllly good at magic. Are you one of those paragons I hear about? The ones that are the best in their chosen magic? If you are, you’re super duper cool.” The elf looked at the sky elf with a puppy-like expression.

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Interacting With:
    Effects:
    Eden ( Eden Smythe Eden Smythe ), Aes ( AnonyMouse AnonyMouse ), Sil ( PyroMonomania PyroMonomania )
    ~Bar~
    Sober (2Scratch Remix) || Kalani’s CS File
    She wondered if this was his default state or if it was his ‘oh fuck how do I respond to flirting’ response. He could stand to loose the stutter. Liquid courage would do him some good. The fruitly little gimlet he was babying couldn’t be all that strong if he was this nervous. She went to grab the smaller coin purse, one that she kept separate from the money she left filled with her own earnings, from her inner vest pocket. She threw the sack onto the table sitting back down into her seat across from Ajax and waved down one of the workers. She put on her biggest grin she raised her voice for all to hear.

“A round of shots on me for everyone, and bring me a bottle of your hardest liquor.”

She turned back to the man she was sharing the table with a smirk. She put her elbows on the table resting her head in her hands. She lowered her voice to a more acceptable volume before continuing their conversation. Every once in awhile she’d look from person to person looking to see if there were any more interesting people who would take up the other empty seats.

“Well I suppose we are doing things a bit out of order. Now since it seems that you can not relax so some drinks will do you good. In terms of what I am around for, well for one the drinks are good. Two I like to see the world.”

She gestured to the people with a turn of her shoulder as if that was enough to explain it all. She had an idea of checking how far she could push the man before he ran. Still if she called for people to join right now he might flee and then she’d have paid for a round and gotten nothing out of it.

“So gonna give me a name to go on?”

Agatha Reigate“Uhm, sir? Today’s the day of Lieutenant Fallon’s visit.”

Lt. Marylebone didn't reply, instead giving a non-committal wave, indicating that he already knew, instead focusing his efforts on an equation he currently had on his notebook. While it was certainly an honor to see the genius at work, she could never actually make heads nor tails of his writing. That having been said, she could already see the ill-tempered woman throwing up a ruckus downstairs. Her last visit had been less than forgiving, towards both the engineers and both of Lt. Marylebone’s subordinates. Reigate shuddered.

“Sir, if she comes storming in here--”

She was interrupted by his sigh. He stood up from his chair, flipping through his book and finally extracted a neatly folded piece of paper that had been pressed between the pages. Did he write this missive when she had been asleep? She really ought to stay awake more. She just couldn't help it. All the numbers that the man churned out made her drowsy. The cool winds of the mountains made her too comfortable as well, and the Eraser, for all that it was worth, was a cozy blanket. Even Lt. Marylebone couldn't resist taking a nap once in a while in it. Or perhaps that was just her influence working on him, just as his was working on her. She shook her head, and refocused on the piece of paper. Lt. Marylebone nodded, indicating that she could read the message. She opened it, the crinkling of paper indicating that he had prepared this a long time ago.

“I, Lt. Telford Marylebone, formally welcome Lt. Fallon. Conduct your inspection as necessary in my absence. I don't have to explain myself to you, and my deteriorating health does not either. If it permits, Cpl. Reigate, and, if available, FSgt. Carwelt will accompany you instead. Now leave me be.

Signed,
T. Marylebone.”

She folded it back and furrowed her brow. Eventually, he had to come out. Until then, however, this ‘deteriorating health’ problem would have to suffice. Without another word, she strode around the desk, and exited the office, and shut it behind her. Turning the key in its lock, she pocketed it with the piece of paper. She barely had time to turn before an engineer, out of breath, came up to her. Between gasps of air, he managed to wheeze out his own message. “Lt. Fallon’s arrived. She wants to see Lt. Marylebone.”

I am aware.” Reigate smoothed her hair back, though once her hand left, her curls sprang back to their position. Another habit she picked up from Marylebone- he tended to do that when he was thinking. Righting her cap, she strode purposefully downstairs to personally meet with Fallon.

Her confident walk gave way to timid steps when she finally saw the woman. She couldn't help it. Even with all of Marylebone’s influence, rank was the one thing that made her turn to jelly. How Marylebone managed to keep his head on his shoulders when facing the higher ups and infuriating them further was a mystery to her. “Uh…uhm...er… Lt. Fallon, sir-- ma’am!” She gave a formal salute. “Lt. Marylebone wishes to inform you that he is currently indisposed of. Here’s a message from him, signed by him.” A cold look took over her eyes for a moment. “You could also try and bash down his door, but I’m afraid that’s against the law without proper warrant.” Reigate’s panicked expression returned. Did she say that aloud? Oh, crumbs, she did! She stiffened up like a board, and hoped that whatever came next was not a lecture.

Interaction: Lt. Fallon ( Xel Xel )
Mentions: FSgt. Carwelt ( DarkianMaker DarkianMaker ])

The moment of clarity came like a rising dawn. How had he been so foolish? This was just like back at that hell hole he was raised in. He had been approached twice then similarly to now, and both had the same explanation. It was the only explanation that made sense. There could only be one reason all this was happening to him.

This was a prank.

For some emotionally sadistic reason this woman was flirting with him for amusement. It would be the only reason she would put up with his insufferable stammering. The only reason he hadn't made the connection sooner was the last time this happened was several years ago. That, and the two prior instances had involved individuals who knew Ajax and looked down on him, while this was a stranger. Nevertheless it made sense. After all, who in their right mind would be interested in a homeless non-spellcaster with brands on his face?

With a long exhale, his expression shifted from panicked to a kind of understanding with a saddened undertone. "look," he said with a tone far calmer than before. "I'm glad I could be of some amusement, but I know you aren't interested. You're just pushing my buttons for kicks. I'll admit, your gun was good practice, it's a beautiful piece, try not to misfire again. However, I don't appreciate being given anxiety attacks for entertainment. Now unless you're here for actual discussion, i'm going to go back to enjoying my-" It was at this point that Ajax looked down and finally noticed his plate of food was gone. A waiter must have come by at some point, probably when he was working on the gun, and replaced his meal with... a glass of wine. At this realization, he let out another long sigh, somehow slumping his shoulders even more. Under his breath he mumbled one phrase.

"What a day..."

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Grace Fallon
12:05 PM
Lisha, Sarathal

WyonoHh.jpg
The young silver-haired woman stood there, alone, her arms folded over her chest with her foot tapping the ground impatiently. Indeed she was about to storm off in search of Telford herself when the all-too familiar face of his assistance came into view. She stared at the woman as she approached. While her gaze was obviously one of agitation she was, fortunately for the corporal, not glaring at her. At least not yet. She ignored the flustered introduction and simply gave a nod of acknowledgement. Grace let out yet another sigh at Telford being 'indisposed'. Taking the piece of paper from the girl's hand she was about to read it when the young corporal decided to continue speaking. She lowered her arms to her side, ignoring the arrival of Beddo as she simply stared at Reigate. "Believe me, Corporal, I do not need a warrant to drag his sorry ass out here. Nor would I face any legal repercussions." From anyone else this would come off as just another retort. But given her position and the organization she worked for, every word that came out of her mouth carried an air of absolute truth and certainty.

Dealing with Reigate's little outburst she glanced over at Beddo, finally acknowledging him. "I'm sure you did." Everyone in this whole wing seemed to exist solely to get on her nerves and make her job and life difficult. Finally she held up the piece of paper, giving it a quick read over before promptly crumpling it up and tossing it over her shoulder. "Well, Corporal. Since your ever sickly boss decided to put it all on your shoulders I want you to tell him this." There was a noticeable pause as she looked between both Reigate and Beddo before settling back on the young woman. "Your department is massively over-budget and all you've been able to deliver is a giant paperweight of an armored cart that can't go more than a mile before either breaking down or running out of fuel, or both. Hell, the only decent thing to come out of here is that machine gun. Even that's too bulky, manpower intensive, and unreliable to be of any use. In short, if you don't have a fully functional prototype to show when the General arrives....." She, for the first time since her arrival, offered the duo a smile along with her short pause. "You'll be shut down and re-assigned."

It was evident that the prospect of finally being free from these people left the young lieutenant quite happy. But with her warning given she turned to make her exit. She hadn't even gotten one step before stopping and turning back towards the two. "Oh, almost forgot. I'm actually staying here until then. To make sure you give it your all in actually being worth the money sunk into you. So as deathly ill as Telford is, tell him I will be seeing him very soon." She cast her gaze squarely on Reigate for that last bit. She'd been playing interception for months now and that was going to come to an end. Next time she showed up, she very well will bash down the door if she has to. Nobody with this much funding and support gets to just hole up in their room and refuse to see anyone. Either way, with the entirety of her message finally delivered she turned back around and resumed her trek back the way she came.

Aesveria’s eyes narrowed on the elf who had approached her. He almost looked like a sky elf, but his mana flow was all wrong. Even when a sky elf suppressed their natural tendencies, it was usually still noticeable. Or maybe he was such a low-level mage his mana drain was almost nonexistent.

Hers was like a swirling vortex when she didn’t suppress it… but only savages walked around without suppressing their power. Even before he opened his mouth, she had already written him off as inferior and not worth her time. The least he could do is be entertaining. And he was failing at that.

“Tell you about myself?” she said, repeating the question. “I could… but I won’t. And, yes, I am a paragon. The Paragon of Solitude and Loneliness. And I shall now defend my title.” She gave a dismissive wave of her hand, shooing him away. “Begone. I have a reputation to uphold.”

Interacting w/ PyroMonomania PyroMonomania
In Company of BriiAngelic BriiAngelic / Hubub101 Hubub101 / Eden Smythe Eden Smythe

Interacting With:
    ~Bar~
    Love (Koyö Remix) || Kalani’s CS File
    Kalani raised her eyebrow with a questioning look as he seemed to contemplate on something. Once he started talking though she knew her face must have ran through a variety of emotions. Heck she didn’t even know which to focus the most heavily on. She decided to start with the most obviously wrong assumption he had given. She noticed the bartender had returned with her bottle and shots for them both. She took hers and slammed it down before addressing him.

“Fuck you, I will jump your bones if I feel like it. Do not automatically assume because I more than one motive that I am automatically lying. And… and! Well screw you anyways now I don't wanna.”

She sat further back crossing her arms over her chest as she did her best to glare through the fog that was now occupying her head, though more than likely that she looked more like a bird with ruffled feathers than anything else. Drinking on an empty stomach was a very bad idea. She was more than likely better off not leaving right now anyways. Trying to win over another person both sounded like more work than it was worth, a full waste of time, and like it was admitting defeat.

It wasn’t so much that she had any real commitment to this dude who still felt the need to hide his name like an asshole, but rather that she did need someone around. Her last leg of travel was made far more annoying due to the lack of travel companions. Not to mention he was a person she could hide behind if worst came to worst.

“Listen I am not forcing you to do anything. As you can see that is not quite possible. For one if it were you would give me a name at the very least. So let’s try again. First I am Kalani Ligaya. Second insult my gun skills again and the next head this cracks open will be yours darling.”

Veronica Roseanna Tatianna Constintina Von-Eddenburgh III
In a certain BarA woman sat in a dark corner in the back of the bar, she was wearing a black body suit that showed off her bare legs and most of her other body features from the shear tightness of the suit. Her legs were crossed and propped up against the table as she was seemingly lid back passed out drunk but with a half full bottle of beer laid on the table. One of the waitresses walked over near her and began to reach for the bottle to take it off the the table, thinking that the patron that seemed passed out was done with it. "Touch that bottle and lose your hand" The woman said opening one eye. The waitress's hand launched back reflexively as if frightened. Veronica just laughed a little.

She began to look the waitress up and down reaching for the bottle, she put the bottle to her lips to the bottle and began to chug it, laying it back on the table as she finished it. "Well What are you still stood there looking like an idiot for, go get me another bottle if you've nothing else to do" She ordered prompting the waitress to run off towards the bar, grabbing her another drink. Veronica took her legs off the table and sat up straight, she kind of still wanted to take a nap, which was what she had been doing until interrupted, but she was awake now and she probably wouldn't be able to get back to sleep with all the commotion in the bar now. She sighed as the waitress returned with her drink, as Veronica tossed her some cash, "keep the change" She said. It seemed like she had picked up some unwanted attention. a man approached her, obviously very drunk, and also pretty tough looking for your average man. He walked up to and began spouting some thing which Veronica paid no attention to. "Hey I'm talking to you!" He shouted grabbing Veronica's wrist as she lifted her drink to her mouth. "I asked if you wanted to go behind th-" He stopped speaking as she grabbed his hand and twisted it off he wrist causing him a great deal of pain. She laid down her drink and grabbed the back of his head, slamming him into the near by wall. "Touch me again and I'll murder you" She said grabbing her drink and walking towards the bar.

Shes sat at the bar, near a woman who seemed to be hitting on a man that was more interested in her rifle than her, two elves, one who seemed overly interested in the other, and a younger man who seemed suspicious in some ways. Sighing she ordered another beer from the bartender, finishing off the one she had.

Silvion Laefalla - The Tavern ( AnonyMouse AnonyMouse )

“Oh really! I never knew there was such thing as those kinds of paragons. I thought it was all magic.” The smiling elf says, completely missing the joke and seemingly not hearing her dismissal. “Oh? What kind of reputation? Like the cool mysterious kind or the tragic hero kind or the distant but sweet kind or the holier than thou but actually softhearted kind? Oooo tell me, tell me!” The elf giggled excitedly while clapping his hands together. “How intriguing. A sky elf all the way out here? There are also quite a bit of interesting people in this tavern. Hmm... I think I’ll stay for a bit and while I’m here I might as well continue hounding the sky elf.” Silvion thought mischievously.

“Ah! I never even introduced myself, I’m Silvus a simple elf from the countryside. And you are miss?” The elf was visibly aghast that he didn’t introduce himself and made his introductions sounding slightly apologetic.

A simple elf from the countryside, Aesveria thought. Oh, dear, you have no idea. With a longsuffering sigh, she leaned forward in her chair and removed her feet from the other seat she had been using as a footrest, not realizing that this gave him a place to sit.

“Silvus? Ah, yes, Silvus,” she said, tasting the name. “I’ll try to remember it, but I make no promises. Old age has made me quite forgetful, you see.” She laughed. It was a harmonious sound, almost too musical and whimsical to be real.

Because it was.

The laughter abruptly stopped and Aesveria’s steely gaze zeroed in on his face. “Did you hear that? Fake laughter, to match your fake smile,” she said coldly. “What are you after, elf? A quick fuck? The brunette at the bar is practically handing out free rides.” She nodded toward the girl with the rifle. “Eye candy? There’s a blonde over there with tits bigger than my head. Money? Get a job! This is a bar, not a bank.

“Or mayyyybe…” she said at last, eying him thoughtfully. “Maybe, you’re just here to piss me off. Well, bravo, it’s working. Great job, Silvia.” Slow clap. “Shall I order you a cookie… to go?”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back