• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Animation Machine- a quest for Trope freedom

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
IMG_3156.GIF

In the near future, the movie industry is losing ground, along with several other entertainment ones, all slowly crumbling before the might of the Internet. They refuse to give up, and make on last ditch effort to save themselves, creating a 5D movie. How? Through the so-called animation machine, or A-machine as it is more commonly known.

The machine is programmed however due to a mistake in it's programming it uses it's capacities to rewrite the universe, transforming every inch of it into a multitude of worlds all bound by anime and story tropes. Nobody even realizes this, they see everything as their reality.

However, one of the tropes is the one bound to our protagonist- the fourth wall breaker. He alone can notice the changes in the world and the tropes. Now presented with a way to defeat the A-machine, the universe changing tool sets out to tempt him into allowing the tropish universe in peace. 

Will he succeed or will he give up and allow the harem to become his new world?

IMG_3157.GIF

LOL, this sounds kind of meta. And rather interesting. Can't say 100% down for this, but I want to see where it goes.

Oh, I had no idea. What else is "meta" used for?

Well, to give a couple examples:

*metagaming- using OOC information to direct Ic action

*meta in a medium- when a game or another medium like anime or tv shows, etc... presents a certain set of patterns derived the most recent great successes. In anime, for example, the success of madoka magica turned half the magical girl shows into dark gory stuff , so one could say "dark gory stuff" is what's meta for that type of anime 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back