• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Ancient Q-uestion

* 50 million years ago *

A people called the Altera once lived in harmony, each united to explore the truths of the universe. Yet when they discovered the secret of ascension, the foundation of everything they believed in collapsed. Now, a cult known as the Ori, the Alteran word for "Hand", has begun to take advantage of this. Their leaders have begun to ascend and force their followers to worship them, realizing there is strength in belief. Thoughts could take form, beliefs made real. To the Ori, it was essential they harness that energy and use it to control the universe, at least as far as they could. The others rejected this, believing they should watch and observe, using science to solve their problems and progress their societies.

Rather than risk a civil war that could tear the galaxy apart and render their worlds lifeless and void, these Alterans fled their galaxy to another: the Milky Way. There, they settled on many different worlds and continued to explore reality as they envisioned it. One day, however, they would receive an unexpected visitor, stripped of their powers and forced to become one of them for a purpose they do not know. Even this visitor's memories have been wiped away.

But whatever the reasons, history would soon be made... by an Ancient and a Q.

-----

Heyyo! As you could guess, this is an RP that dives into the backstory of the Stargate SG-1/Atlantis series' continuity... but it's more than that. I always wondered if there was a way to connect the settings of two of my favorites sci-fi series (and maybe others) so that they compliment each other. So why not start with the most familiar way to bring together two continuities? An adventure (of the 'epic' sort, like Beowulf or the Odyssey) with a potential for romance and action that can affect the future!

Although I hope there will be lots of world building, I hope our RP can focus mainly on our two characters and any others who join. I prefer 1x1, hence why I'm posting here, but I wouldn't mind if you'd like to invite others. We'll RP via PM, if that will be fine!

So here's the idea: each of us will take on a role of a character, either of the Ancients or the Q Continuum. I want to point out that this is before the Ancients ascend, except some of the Ori, and the Q character will be completely mortal and without his/her powers.

If you'd be interested, you can respond here or PM me. Either way, I look forward to it!

Also, I debated between the title "The Ancient Q-uestion" and "Q & A-ncient" for a long time. I still don't know which is better. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Last call! I suppose there's not a lot of Trek or 'Gate fans on this forum, so it'll probably be swept under the rug again.

Next time I'll try and be more open-ended with my invitation. That, or maybe I should post this kind of thing in the Fandoms section?

Any help would be appreciated. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back