• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Alliance: Empowering VILE

demdo_demi

Back for more!
The year is 2155. While most technology has been upgraded and new devices have been invented; the architecture has remained somewhat similar to the previous century.

For the past 45 years, various members of NATO have funded (and improved over the years) a Special Divisions Unit simply titled "The Alliance"; a large diverse group of agents, mercenaries, soldiers, and anyone willing to defend their countries all across the world. The original cause of the forming of this unit had been because of terrorist attacks in various nations, though bombings and massacres were nothing compared to this new threat.

Ever since 2140, newborns have been developing superhuman powers. What seemed very minor and "The Beginning of an Age of Superheroes" escalated quickly. By 2150, most of these children, groups varying from 40 to 80, would attack their families and cause havoc in their neighborhoods.

This surely wasn't the beginning of heroes, but a prologue of villainy.

. . .

July 4th, 2155
Tokyo, Japan

4453065_orig.jpg

What seemed like an average day turned into pure hell. A swirl of blue light appeared in the center of a popular street, attracting the attention of many tourists and locals. A hole slowly grew in the middle of the swirl, opening up a portal to another location. The various whispers and mumbles within the crowd as they quietly watched the portal were interrupted when a group of about 30 teenagers ran through. The millennials didn't stop by the sight of a crowd but only pushed past and hurt the crowd.

Many of the teens flew into the air, showcasing their abilities, only to showcase a long ray of flames upon the tourists, or throwing the people around like dolls. Flames ignited everywhere, explosions burst every few minutes. Screaming could be heard from miles end.

30 minutes past, and nearly half the population was brutally killed.

An hour; the majority.

Two hours; the entirety.

. . .

August 18th, 2155
Miami, Florida

You, along with many others, have gathered for the annual Alliance recruitment ceremony. Upon entry, you have been told to head to the changing rooms, and that if you do not have any fancy clothing, there are spares in all sizes prepared.

And that's where the roleplay begins. You are a normal human being who starts in a fancy party that doesn't end too well, and then it gets more action packed from there.

This is from a five part (ten part sooner or later) series of mine called The Alliance that I would be very excited to roleplay out, so I can flesh out characters, their arcs, accidentally find a plot hole and fix it, and way more.

I would be pumped to roleplay this, so if you're interested, make sure to post below. I don't have that high of standards when it comes to posts (my old place wasn't strict but I always tried to stay detailed anyway; which detailed there is casual here).

So we roleplay regular guys trying to stop superpowered villains? That sounds pretty sweet. You mentioned that this is a plot from a series of yours? Does that mean we're roleplaying something you're going to turn into a story?

So we roleplay regular guys trying to stop superpowered villains? That sounds pretty sweet. You mentioned that this is a plot from a series of yours? Does that mean we're roleplaying something you're going to turn into a story?

Well if we get that far. I'd love to try that, but there's still five parts so far and each are closely connected time wise (the longest time gap being at least a month.) Though with being said, there's still that one month time gap; so if I were to take a break from focusing on the main plot and trying not to steer the roleplayers off course, we could try and create a new storyline in-between parts.
The first two parts have to come one right after another but the gap between the second and third part is open for any new storylines. (And then there's three and four & four and five though three leads straight into four, with four and five being a two-parter.)

So yes and no. It just depends on how far we get.

Ooo, cool. Could I make a spec ops guy from the Russian-Ukrainian conflict? Failing that, are there some other wars that have happened in the years that I could have veteran you from?

The Gunrunner The Gunrunner
I've never really considered that aspect of the story (Nation conflicts, previous wars) so I can't really say decide whether or not that would be an issue. Though the only kind of war I can think of (off of the top of my head) would be one between...North Korea...and the US/USSR, where the Allying forces decide to go to war with Kim Jong-un Junior. I'm no expert at wars (My previous US History teacher stopped at the American Civil War) so it all ended with North Korea defeated, and South Korea becoming plain old Korea and supporting its dying population.

Not much I could think of since it most likely will only serve as your char's backstory, though I'd say it was about three or four years prior to Empowering VILE. If you want it to be further back (incase your char is an older gentlemen and the war happened a long while back), you have full power over the event. I'm bad at titles (trust me, Empowering VILE is the only clever subtitle of the series), so you may also control that.

*EDIT*
Also, I'm now officially working on this roleplay and writing it to its maximum potential.

I'd be interested in playing a handler? The go-to guys between higher ups and field agents who have no official authority but get the shit done or do have official authority, that's even more fun

Sweet, more people! Welcome aboard!

An update on the time gaps inbetween installments;
Back when I made this interest check, I originally planned the series being more like movies where each movie is a separate Roleplaying thread.
Now, I'm turning in more into a series of episodes, so Empowering VILE can now just be the name of the first season, and the events of EV happen during the first, maybe second, and last two episodes of the series. Each season is a Roleplaying thread, so you don't have to worry with keeping up with too many threads.
That being said, I will need some time to work on the inbetween episodes. Half of them will be by me so we don't steer offtrack too much but the other half will be made through the actions of the characters you create.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back