• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

The Advent Calendar of Christmas Drabbles

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Advent Calendar of Christmas Drabbles

Welian, what on earth have you done this time?!

Well, my children, this is exactly what it says on the tin – an Advent calendar of Christmas drabbles.

I have no idea what a drabble is.

Oops! Drabble is slang for a casual piece of writing. It could be a poem, a short story, a long story… I picked it up from the fanfiction community.

And Advent?

Advent is a religious thing: it’s basically the Church’s pre-Christmas celebration, approximately four weeks of meditating on the meaning of Christmas, the arrival of Jesus Christ, and – well, I’m not a religious scholar, so I won’t bore you with the details. The important thing is that people like to give each other THESE bad boys:

xmas-advent-calendar.jpg

An Advent calendar! It’s a box with little flaps, and every day, while you count down to Christmas, you open up a flap and have a piece of chocolate.

You can’t give chocolate over the Internet, welian.

Well… no. But, I can do something else!

What?

I can give you… writing prompts!!

Uh…

Just trust me on this, guys. It’s a fun writing challenge I try to put together every year for my roleplaying friends. Every day, you check this calendar to see what the writing prompt is. Then, you post a drabble responding to the prompt! I try to give people special prizes for posting one every single day, but this isn’t a site contest so I don’t have any fancy badges. All I have for you are bragging rights. Maybe buttons for your signature. We’ll see.

What’s stopping us from reading all the prompts ahead of time?

Delayed self-gratification and good sportsmanship. Other than that, nothing. All I ask is that if you decide to cheat and write the prompts ahead of time, that you wait until the proper day to actually post them.

And we post them… here?

Yeah. Since this isn’t an official contest, I’m not going to make separate threads for entries and info.

This is dumb.

Shut up and eat your chocolate.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Super Amazing Calendar in Question

Nov 29
Oh, the weather outside is frightful.
Nov 30
A card for someone not seen in a long time
Dec 1
Carols on the radio
Dec 2
Come on, it's lovely weather; for a sleigh ride together with you.
Dec 3
Putting up decorations
Dec 4
christmas-food.jpg
Dec 5
Krampus

Dec 6
Sunday best
Dec 7
Dashing through the snow, on a one-horse open sleigh.
Dec 8
Lightshow
Dec 9
In the meadow, we can build a snowman.
Dec 10
broken-christmas.jpg
Dec 11
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas; just like the ones I used to know.
Dec 12
Peppermint and chocolate

Dec 13
Silver bells, silver bells; It's Christmas time in the city.
Dec 14
Angels from on high
Dec 15
Bourbon in the eggnog
Dec 16
He doesn't care if you're rich or poor. He loves you just the same.
Dec 17
Somebody waits for you; kiss her once for me.
Dec 18
A Christmas ghost
Dec 19
winter-wonderland-pictures-16.jpg

Dec 20
I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus!
Dec 21
The arrival of a guest
Dec 22
I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams.
Dec 23
The stroke of midnight
Dec 24
tumblr_mwdaa86E311sk680ko1_540.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Broken-Angel]I shall try my best to please you, my Mistress.

[/QUOTE]
Hey, I'm pleased so long as people are having fun. The first prompt is tomorrow, so I hope that a few people will be posting.

Fantastic! Feel free to ask me any questions. Hopefully it's straightforward, though.

lashton said:
Alright, i've got one. If we don't post a drabble on a day, are we out or can we still keep going?
Keep going! You can post your late drabbles too, you just can't post future ones.

Oh my! This sounds inviting and a very fun idea! I probably won't post everyday (depending on my schedule for the first two weeks of the months) HOWEVER I WILL TOTES DO THIS PROMPT AS BEST AS I CAN <3

crucialstar said:
Oh my! This sounds inviting and a very fun idea! I probably won't post everyday (depending on my schedule for the first two weeks of the months) HOWEVER I WILL TOTES DO THIS PROMPT AS BEST AS I CAN <3
That's the (Christmas) spirit!!

lashton said:
One more question: does it matter who we make the drabble about?
Not at all. If you use a roleplay character from a specific story, it might be helpful to link to the RP for a bit of extra context. Buuuut, it doesn't really matter.

welian said:
Not at all. If you use a roleplay character from a specific story, it might be helpful to link to the RP for a bit of extra context. Buuuut, it doesn't really matter.
So, I could use real life people and maybe an OC for a drabble? (Ex. Ashton Irwin from the band 5 Seconds of Summer and an OC that I used for a fanfic a while ago.)

lashton said:
So, I could use real life people and maybe an OC for a drabble? (Ex. Ashton Irwin from the band 5 Seconds of Summer and an OC that I used for a fanfic a while ago.)
Yup yup!

[QUOTE="The Creator Prime]Will I have the possibility of winning something?

[/QUOTE]
Nah, this isn't a site contest. This is all me. That being said, I'll probably make buttons for people who post a certain number of drabbles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back