The Academy

Eva Verlaine

One moment the Jedi General was watching the Cazador man threaten them, drawing hard on the strangely distant Force to bolster the shields that protected the foursome. The man toggled his trigger - then ran away laughing; some demented trickster rather than an immediate enemy. Still she could scarce have blamed Captain Sakura for hosing him down with blaster fire even had she wished to. The Revanchists had learnt much from the Mandalorian War, and no longer foolishly granted mercy after mercy to scum that would spit in their face given half a chance. These days the Revanchist Jedi still gave strangers a chance to prove themselves. Just one. No more than that. But there clearly was something strange going on here, not least the fact that she seemed to be zoning in and out of awareness now. Still, she felt she had the gist; and while she didn't like the fanged woman's words, it was true that Fercada and Captain Sasura seemed a little... younger than they ought to be. "Softly now my friend," she spoke at last, cautioning the Arkanian and quenching her blades. "There is something we don't understand here, and it's never Revan's way to strike blindly at what we do not understand." 

Her eyes went to the green skinned lizard man and she smiled humourlessly. "My apologies for my colleagues. We have been at war for years now, and it makes us somewhat... short with strangers and situations we do not understand." Returning the saber hilts to her waist, she stepped closer and spread her arms to welcome the- "Argonian, yes? Please. I would appreciate your help with my wounds. Normally I would tend to them myself, but..." she gave another fractional smile, her face growing pale with blood loss. "It's been a long day - and these are dark times." Her yellow-green eyes slid to Sakura. "Let the Argonian healer help me if he is so minded. I will repay him when I can. If he kills me though, repay him in kind." Her legs weakening, she knelt to conserve her strength. She could worry about this "orientation" later.

@folclor @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @Lunaria Silver @Constantin @HK Fifty @Tommygun15

Last edited by a moderator:
Valian couldn't take a step closer. If only the damned Chevalier would move to the ground floor instead of wherever the hell he was there'd be a chance of taking the enchanting Chiss woman in his arms. "First... Your parents are horrible people. I don't know whether that plays out in your culture or not, but you used your natural talents how you could then. Your mother was wrong for putting all of 'that pressure on you and trying to tear you down when she should've been offering encouragement and leading by example. Your father does not sound like a smart man." He let out a heavy sigh. "I've told you a bit about this before, I think... I was set to become a knight, to enter training to protect my realm from threats. I wouldn't have been on the front line like your father or in command like your mother wanted you to be or in intelligence as you were. I would've been one of several, perhaps many. As much as I was thrown out for my power, my non-destructive, barely of note power, it was more likely a political play. Without me there my father's estate and belongings eventually go to whoever marries my sister. So... You were sent, not because you were a disappointment, but because your world and your people didn't know how to handle you while I was sent so my father's wealth could be claimed by another. Getting there an hour early isn't efficient, it's a waste of time. Getting there thirty minutes early can be useful, but it sounds like what they're calling 'efficiency' is really an excuse for laziness. There's so much more that can be done in that time."

He laughed, a bit bitterly. "Yes, talking to an illusion... That's really all I can be right now and I apologize for that. Maybe one day I'll regain control of my body and then you'll have me entirely. Until then, this is the best I can do."

@HK Fifty

---

Sasura nodded at Lady Verlaine's order, keeping a wary eye on the self-proclaimed Argonian. She didn't like the idea of possible surrender. It didn't sit well. No doubt her master would hurt her even more if she let up now. Lady Verlaine wouldn't know that, of course, she hadn't been on Dxun. Or, if she had, she hadn't been anywhere near Fercada. The Captain now had four (if one counted the Argonian) possible threats to cover, no platoon to aid her, and a Revanchist Jedi General who had sheathed her weapons. Lady Verlaine outranked Fercada, despite being younger, which meant Sasura would have to listen to the former if it came down to a conflict in commands given. This would anger Fercada beyond belief. Oh, tonight was going to be a painful one...

The woman with the seemingly sentient hair worried Sasura more than the one currently baring fangs. Her manner was unusually kind. "We're becoming flanked, Lady Verlaine. Your orders?" Sasura intoned, only loud enough for the Corellian and the Argonian to hear.

@Greenbriar @Constantin @Lunaria Silver @TommyGun15 @Grim Wraithe Stjerna

So he *was* a zombie, or something like it. Alright then. She was either going into shock or she was starting to get somewhat used to this crazy place. Reagan seemed like a smart girl, maybe even kinda cool. If she said James wasn't to be trusted, well, she might take her word for it. She had lived on the streets long enough to know better than to trust someone after just meeting them, but that applied to literally everyone in the Academy. Eventually she had to trust something someone said. She looked at the dead man and decided that as long as he didn't try to eat her brains, he was alright. She wasn't sure how she felt about a dead guy touching her food, but she doubted she had much choice. "I'm Sable. Nice to meet you."

@folclor @Lunaria Silver @shadowstrikr25 @TommyGun15

Trino Meesra

Trino smiled back at Eva, though it was slight. Finally someone who he could reason with. He walked over to her and knelt down beside her. "It's alright, I just get irritated when people start shouting and pointing weapons everywhere. I'm not really one to be commanded, I'd rather make a group decision." The Argonian held his hands out, with his palms facings upward. Suddenly they began to glow a soft yellow color, and then translucent orbs of yellow energy formed, hovering and twisting in on themselves, like some sort of strange wispy mass. The Argonian's snake-like eyes flicked from his hands up to his patient's eyes. "I don't know if they have magic in your.. realm or whatever, but if they don't, this is going to feel weird."

He slowly leaned forward and extended his hands to her midsection. He was careful not to actually touch her, he had a feeling this was not someone you touched if you didn't know her. His hands hovered on either side of her abdomen. He stared intensely at his hands, it was clear he was concentrating hard enough to ignore anything else. Slowly, gracefully, little ribbons of the light in his hands flowed onto her body. In time more ribbons would follow, until each of them wandered about her enough to find her wounds. Once a ribbon found a wound, it gingerly circled it and dissolved into the skin, or deeper, depending on the damage. To the recipient, it would feel very warm on all of her injured spots, she would become even more aware of the damage to her body than before, as she would be able to acutely feel the difference between the sections being healed and those which were not. It would not be an entirely unpleasant feeling, but it was definitely something one would have to get used to. It was as queer as if a muscle she hadn't used in an eternity was getting stretched for the first time.

Once the Revanchist was soaking in yellow magical energy, Trino seemed to come back to reality for a moment. He didn't look at her, only at his hands, but he said, "Name's Trino, by the way, Trino Meesra. Guess they don't have Argonians where you're from." He paused, "I... didn't mean to yell like that, I mean, I get being frustrated at something new and confusing. Just try reading theoretical magic texts, it's like, how do they even try to scientifically examine something that is almost entirely mystical and inexplicable?" Trino realized he was rambling and stopped talking, choosing instead to focus on the slow healing process. It was clear that he felt shameful for his actions and was trying to make amends.

@Greenbriar @HK Fifty 

Grim Shell

He kept his paws up and away from his weapons, though with his enhanced speed and reflexes they did not need to close by to make us them. The otter gingerly took a half step closer and to the side, angling himself so he was more in front of the soldier with the blaster rifle. 

His countenance darkened at the jibe Lillith threw his way, but other then that he did not respond our acknowledge her.  He knew she had to be front boxed in, and that would only make her and her companions more dangerous. 'Cornered animal and all...

He kept his thoughts to himself as he watched it unfold, unsure of who to aid of it came to open conflict. 

He let a frustrated sigh as the two teachers bantered. Because of course they were not helping the situation. But at least the lizard seemed reasonable and willing to step into a fight just because. And was willing to help someone in need. 'Buddy you're not wrong.' Once he was closer to being in front of the jet skin soldier he stopped his slow side step walk, it was then that he watched the lizard cast a new type of healing magic on the girl who had just put away her lightsabers. 'Ok , better. Now for the others to follow suit, especially that mad girl with the golden saber.'

His ears picked up on the request for orders. "Solider. No one is trying to flank you." With his right paw he pointed to an opening that give them a way out of the courtyard. "See? I moved out of your way, you've got clear exfil. But right now you have weapons out."  He knew she was not in charge, but was clearly the most  ready to take thoughtful action, and seemed to have the ability to execute a impromptu plan. "I don't know what you've been told so far, but I'd like a chance to answer any questions." He looked between the three of them, and was certain he would rather talk to the stable warrior or the one being healed then the manic eyed girl. "I've been in your spot. I know the need to defend yourself. But trust me, one warrior to another, you're not going to win this fight. You might make it out the courtyard, but there are far more obstacles between you and a safe zone." He tried to keep her eye and express his honesty and sympathy to her situation. 

@folclor @Greenbriar @HK Fifty @Lunaria Silver @TommyGun15 @Constantin

Why'nn Canthet

Why'nn sighed as she realized the time.  "I'm late for my forms.  I really hope Father isn't disappointed."  She gave Sieghart one last hug before letting go.  "I hope the rest of you have a good orientation.  There are people here you should stay away from."  The girl hesitated momentarily, some part of her old self seeming to resurface.  In fact, when next she spoke her voice was a bit different, softer.  "If you are called to the student counselor's office, do not go.  One does not see her without suffering great changes.  Do not end up like me."  Where did that come from?  Seeming a bit confused, she nodded to the others and began to hurry toward the Arena.

@TommyGun15 @shadowstrikr25 @Midnightclub @Lunaria Silver

Sasura Tek

So this Argonian's name was Trino and he wasn't an enemy.  At least, not right now.  He healed Lady Verlaine in a way that Sasura could only reconcile as a Jedi healing technique.  She wouldn't have to kill him and that sat better with her.  At least they'd found some sort of ally here, even if he was a bit mouthy.  Her master would, eventually, strike out at him, likely.  Perhaps Lady Verlaine would be able to calm her.  The Selonian was moving, inching around to her front.  The fanged woman hadn't moved yet and the other hadn't approached either.  When the Selonian spoke it was in a common tongue, which she found interesting.  Didn't his kind speak another language?

His words did make sense.  If this was a place people were being taken and kept it would be sensible for him to have been a warrior, been cornered, and possibly forced into this situation.  One thing was certain: she didn't want to shoot him.  No, she kept her sights trained on the fanged woman.  It wouldn't do to bombard with questions, not like her master was likely to do.

"Where are we?" she asked, her voice calm, though she was still bothered by its high pitch.  She expected an answer of a planet.  After all, she'd heard Dantooine looked like this.

@Grim Wraithe Stjerna @HK Fifty @Greenbriar

@folclor @Constantin @Greenbriar @HK Fifty @TommyGun15 @Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Lillith giggled and her face returned to it's casual childish joy. "Oh but Foxy,  I never yelled! I'm not volatile! Caz Spaz is volatile." She objected. "I only came here to meet my new T-...students. They don't seem very happy to see me. How depressing." She pouted playfully before she shifted into a teenage boy about their age, simply because she assumed that they would think that she could shift into anyone, which gave her an advantage. She hoped they would be less likely to fight her if they thought that she could take their form in the confusion. That and she thought it would be funny. Yeah,  mainly the second thing. 

"I don't understand who they think they are,  being so rude. And how many times must I ask you not to call me Lily?" Lillith demanded in a deep, male voice as she/he turned to regard Akita. Lillith began to pace around the group with an amused smirk. 

"Haven't I already told you where you are? At the Academy?" In truth,  Lillith was doing her best to provoke a fight. She had been so bored recently,  and they seemed fun to play with. 

c00a59bc3f05a90aac7b11d02ebe63b4.jpg

Aaron of Zartine

@Midnightclub @shadowstrikr25

Aaron,  seeing that the zombie man had no intention of killing them, walked over towards him with a friendly smile. "Hello. I'm Aaron." He greeted simply,  putting his hand out for Sieghart to shake. At Why'nn's warning,  he furrowed his eyebrows. Weren't councilors supposed to help the students?  What kind of messed up school was this? He was incredibly confused. But he was usually confused,  so the feeling was quite familiar to him. 

Instead of worrying anymore about something that should probably concern him,  he pushed Why'nn's warning to the back of his mind. 'People must be being dramatic. No way a school is dangerous.'

Akita grinned at the shapeshifted teacher as she acted so adorably indignant, then proceeded to try provoking the new students.

"Oh Lily, stop it.  You know Nishira won't be happy if we make them late to orientation.  I know you're bored, but I'm sure you'll have plenty of time with them later."

Akita smiled at the group again.

"Again, I apologize for the confusion.  If you'll follow me, I'll take you to orientation, where you can get a few answers.  If you want, I'll be your hostage until you feel assured that this is a safe place."

Sieghart smiled and shook Aaron's hand.

"It's wonderful to meet you Aaron.  Pardon me for asking though, but are you undead, carnivorous, herbivorous, or suffering from any food allergies?  I like to keep a thorough record of all the students who possess special dietary needs."

@folclor @Lunaria Silver @Constantin @Greenbriar @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @HK Fifty@Midnightclub

Eva Verlaine

"Thank you," she murmured, some of her frosty manner thawing as the Trand- um, Argonian did something that felt similar to a Force healing technique while at the same time being from a tradition she'd never heard of. She could vaguely sense the energy manipulation, though not quite how it was done. "Trino Meesra, I am Eva Verlaine and these are my friends Sasura and Fercada." She nodded to each in turn, then glanced down at her wounds. They were mostly still there, but some had already closed in the warm golden wash and the bleeding had stopped all over. 

At the Selonian's approach she looked up again, ready to hurl herself to her feet regardless but he kept his distance and merely shared good advice that sounded as though it came from experience. Green eyes narrowed and she began to respond - only to have her attention seized by the Anzati, Lily. "Not possible. I was in the Academy just now, and the vista is entirely different." She laughed wryly, "Unless you would have me believe the faith speakers were right and the defeat of the Mandos ushered in a golden age with the galaxy entirely remade as a green lush place where no one ever knows want." Looked at from that perspective, this Academy wasn't so bad. Yet somehow she doubted they were that lucky. 

Still, it seemed there was somewhere to go to get all their answers, and it wasn't defending this courtyard against all comers. She eyed the woman who came towards them then, and nodded her assent. "Orientation then. No need to be a hostage of course, though we'd appreciate your company." She could still hear that singing, deafening echo in her years, again, again, again, and her eyes looked haunted - but as the rejuvenated Jedi hauled herself to her feet she was once again a going concern who threw a glance to her three associates. "No need for combat Captain, Commander. Stay alert, but we need to learn more about this place."

Sasura Tek

The Thyrsian didn't like that, not one bit.  However, the General had given an order.  She hesitated, but stood down, noting that her master was pacing and muttering under her breath.  Sasura slowly lowered her rifle, keeping it at a low ready.  "Lady Verlaine, I don't think we're on Malachor V.  Do you really want to trust these people?  I've run the possibilities and it's more likely to be a slave mill or a reeducation center."  Her voice was still low.  How did the Selonian hear her the first time?  However, she wouldn't disobey a direct order.

@Greenbriar @HK Fifty @Constantin @Lunaria Silver @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @TommyGun15

@Midnightclub @TommyGun15 @Lunaria Silver

Reagan smiled as both the first years greeted Seighart, at least getting them in contact with one of the nicer people in the school. Why'nn's words cause Reagan to look at her friend with concern as she jogged away to train, with her right hand resting on her chin in thought. 'That was... OK, there's evidence supporting this. She disappeared for two days with that so-called councilor and came out much more confident than I would expect. I chalked it up to just not understanding psychology but it seems there's some mental manipulation at work.' She scowled as a trail of electricity arced along her right arm before she took a deep breath, looking calmer. 'I'm going to need to talk to Seighart and HK-50 later.' Sparky looked at Reagan in confusion, wondering what she was angry at.

Grim Shell

He nodded his head hearing the calm sensible leader, she had to be given the deference being afforded her. Noticing the ready stance the soldier stayed in. "She's wise, and apparently beyond her years." Looking to between the two staff in the area, before looking back to the soldier. 'And the two worst possible choices to meet at first.' "What she said is true, you are in a academy. But not on any world you are familiar with." 'How to put this?' He spread his arms wider and took a half step forward, slowly, doing his best to be non-threatening. "Permission to approach," Looking to the leader, Lady  Verlaine, then to the captain he had been speaking. "Captain? And again one warrior to another, you can trust me. Solider's honor." His paws were showing his palms to Sasura still out side. Locking eyes with her, trying to convey his intentions of helping. "This is not any of those things." 

@folclor @Greenbriar @Constantin @Lunaria Silver @TommyGun15 @HK Fifty

Delrick

The monk nodded and listened to the reasoned response, resting his coffee cup on the end of his staff while they walked and he carried the chest. "So you felt it was better to strike first and strike hard before he had a chance to cause any real trouble?" He looked to her as they neared the edge of the forest, then looking to the school making sure it was still in one piece and that there were no bodies laying in unnatural crumples near the base of it. "Based on what I saw, and the magic I was able to identify, it would seem your instincts were correct." He made a mental note to add that observation into her file and add a up check in certain courses she was in. "You are progressing very well." 'We'll need to see how you fair in non-magical combat soon.'

Sasura Tek

The Captain was unsure but she had no reason to distrust the Selonian. He had been honorable thus far and she decided it was best to keep things as calm as possible. Assuming her master didn't cut in, Sasura hoped things would progress a bit more smoothly, though she didn't trust either woman near them. "You've given me no reason to distrust you so far, Selonian. However, if we aren't in either sort of place, what kind of academy has called us here?" Did places call? She was fairly certain those more skilled in the Force than she would say yes. As she'd never felt a place call and all she used her Force abilities for were avoiding detection and mental manipulation, she couldn't be sure. Of any of the unfamiliar brings, the Argonian and Selonian were most trustworthy.

@Grim Wraithe Stjerna @Greenbriar @HK Fifty @Constantin @TommyGun15 @Lunaria Silver

Fercada

The young Arkanian Offshoot hadn't meant to strike at the perceived Slaver , of course , but she also wasn't particularly careful. The woman's statement mystified her - after all , the Republic was the government of countless worlds. The only possible explanation that came to mind was that she and her friends were in a part of space so lawless and Slaver-Populated that the Republic was a non-factor (which at least seemingly confirmed it wasn't the Jedi Council) , and that only made her feel more determined to flee the unfamiliar planet - though she'd make sure to return with her Company to destroy what had to be a slave processing facility. 'Yes , I'll start my campaign against the slavers with this planet. And then I'll continue it on Dantooine against the Jedi , and when they're decimated , Adascorp will finally get the Justice they deserve..'

However , Fercada still listened to the rest of the statement. After all , she still didn't have any real idea of how she arrived here.. and even two Revanchist Jedi and an elite Republic Captain didn't have high chances of escape without knowing some information about the defenses - plus , she was never one to discard the opportunity to rebuke slavers. The comment about her being in a teenage body had the girl briefly mystified , before she began devoting real thought to the assertion. The rest of the information would go unheard and unheeded (as would almost everything else , except for when she was directly mentioned) , a revelation slowly dawning on her consuming all her rational thought capabilities.  

First , the petite Revanchist noticed her robes seemed at least one size too large. Then , looking to Sasura and Eva , she observed their far younger features - indeed , Eva looked closer to the age she had been when they first met on Dantooine. That prompted her to start frantically examining herself , running her free hand along her figure and using the chrome surface of her lightsaber as a mirror.. And , to her horror , she realized she was roughly a decade younger than she had been onboard the Republic Vessel orbiting Malachor - however long ago that had been. In an action oh-so-typical of the Offshoot girl , she began pacing in a short line and whispering to herself in a hushed voice a series of denials. "No no no no.. this isn't possible , this isn't happening , none of this is real , you must've passed out in your quarters , this is all some spice-fueled hallucination.." She hadn't ever done well with adapting to new situations , something the Corellian would be very familiar with - though the Thyrsian hadn't known her long enough (or observed her in the right situations) to come to that conclusion herself. 

Fercada abruptly stopped both activities and , in direct opposition to both her allies' efforts , began shouting in her now higher voice. "If you fucking slavers think making me into a girl again will make me more compliant or submissive , you're dead fucking wrong! I'm never to be anyone's little slave girl again! I swear that if you don't undo.. whatever it is you did to me and my companions and allow us to leave immediately , I'll give you all the Justice you oh-so-greatly deserve!" The Offshoot's golden-bladed lightsaber was held out from her , prepared to cut down anyone who approached her without prior warning or some sign they weren't hostile. 

@folclor @Greenbriar @Constantin @TommyGun15 @Lunaria Silver @Grim Wraithe Stjerna

—––—––—––—––—––—––—––—

Brask'hal'azhura

Khala's sobbing quieted as she listened to the golden-haired fourth-year's voice , finding it bizzarely soothing. Her still-glistening eyes widened in shock as he called her parents both moronic and inefficient , taken aback by anyone daring to insult them. As he finished speaking , the young woman decided to take another step closer to him , unintentionally putting her within arm's length. "N-no , I shouldn't have said that to you.. that was improper and rude of me to say. Please forgive me for being so.. ungrateful. You're far more than I ever deserve , even if you don't have physical form. As for.. your Rejection , that.. that's terrible. It , forgive me for saying , sounds like your world has corrupt leadership. Especially if the females of your society are so subservient to the males. Is your sister even allowed to have any property if she decided to stay unwed? Assuming she's allowed to stay unmarried at all , that is. I'm.. almost glad I don't live there." 

The Chiss woman took a deep breath before she continued speaking further , trying to collect herself - not to mention keep herself efficient. "But.. please , please forgive me for saying this , but at least you had a sibling of some kind. I-I was the only child my parents were able to produce. A-and in Chiss society , a family is usually much more than a mere three. Father had two brothers and a sister , Mother had a sister and a brother.. And I was all they were able to have. Me and me alone. S-so now that I've f-failed them , there's no way they can secure a legacy now. I-I was their one , sole chance at that , an-and I failed them. And , Valian , please forgive me for saying this but.. y-you're wrong about my Rejection. I-If the entire CEDF Command Hierarchy didn't understand me , th-then it's ob-obviously my fault. I c-could've changed how I be-behaved o-or just tried to be a g-good soldier and did everything th-they told me instead of b-being.. being an inefficient l-little girl wh-who takes n–no-one into account but h-herself. A-and h-heee I am b-being a c-complete moron a-and do-doing it all o-over again.."  The gentle flow of tears running over her features started anew , the typically stoic fourth-year struggling to maintain her composure instead of falling into a fit of sobbing as she previously had. 

Grim Shell

The otter was nodding as he slowly approached the captain, his arms slowly dropping to his side so he could stand more relaxed. Grim smiled and chuckled a little when she referred to him as a Selonian. "My name is Grim, and I haven't been called that in a while." Standing within an easy arms reach her extended his left paw her to grasp her forearm, in greeting, while his tail came up to touch his forehead which was a formal greeting for hips kind back in Mossflower.

In his periphery the manic girl was pacing and he could hear her mumbling denials. 

"This place did not call you he..." That was when the outburst interrupted him. His free hand jerked slightly, his index finger remaining straight but separate from his middle and ring finger, while his thumb and little finger bent inwards. This was the first motion for the sign Quen, if he completed the simple motion a shield bubble would form between him (and those closet to him) and the attack. The otter would only complete the sign if it looked like the manic, golden lightsaber wielding girl would strike at him.

Through that his features remained calm and relaxed, though up close a seasoned warrior or soldier would be able to see he was ready to take action if need be. 

@folclor @HK Fifty @Greenbriar @Constantin @Lunaria Silver @TommyGun15

Trino Meesra

The healer nodded to Eva and leaned back as she rose to her feet. He wasn't exactly done healing her, he wasn't nearly talented enough to perform a total healing in that amount of time. He supposed she was done being healed, so he also rose to his feet and watched the furry soldier approach them. 'If only these weird teenage space soldiers could get over themselves and at least try to accept the situation, we're gonna be stuck here forever if these people think we're dangerous. Sure they're weird, but it's not like we can do anything about this, might as well trust them for now.'

Then Fercada started freaking out again. Trino rolled his eyes. He felt bad for Grim, he was really trying to handle this the right way. If Trino was him, he would've already knocked her on the head and dragged her wherever they were going for 'orientation'. Yeah, Trino wanted to freak out too, but there wasn't time for that now. He needed to absorb as much information as possible, and then figure out how to get back to his own realm, and then he could freak out. Maybe not exactly in that order. Trino was absolutely done with this hysterical bitch, he was covering his eyes out of embarrassment at her actions when he finally berated her from beside Eva:

"Yo! Crazy rambling bitch, nobody has any idea what you're talking about. Stop screaming at people that are trying to help you! If these people were slavers they wouldn't listen to your ass threatening them, they'd just shoot you, or zap you, or knock you out, because if I was a slaver, I'd be able to recognize that you aren't worth the trouble. Maybe instead of threatening the one person trying to help us, we should listen to his guy, and see what happens. I'm scared too, but I also know that being hysterical isn't helping anyone.." He looked at her with contempt, his usual patience for people was dying fast with this one.

They'd been here for less that ten minutes and his life had been threatened at least three times, and he was the least threatening person there. He was really struggling to feel sympathy for anyone at the moment, he clenched his jaw and his nostrils flared, suddenly it felt extremely stuffy inside of his cloak and he lowered his hood, to reveal his reptilian head in full. His dark green scales also had black discoloration on them. It was in a pattern, starting at the back of his neck and running up to the top of his skull and flaring out around his eyes with the main tribal pattern ending half way down his snout. It was unclear whether this was part of his skin, or perhaps a form of tattoo.

@HK Fifty @folclor @Greenbriar @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @Lunaria Silver 

Akita sighed as one of the group began to scream and wave her weapon around.  Grim was preparing to defend himself, which was probably a smart move.  And their Argonian friend was escalating the situation.  Of fucking course.  Well, if that's how this was going to go, it was time to switch over to student counselor mode.  She slowly took a few steps forward, looking calmly as Fercada.

"Listen.  I know you're frightened, confused, and angry.  But why?  Despite his rather... tactless manger of addressing you, the Argonian is correct.  Slavers would've attacked or retaliated by this point.  But, I suppose that's an empty sentiment from someone you have no reason to trust.  Respectfully, I would like to have a chance to prove to you that we mean you no harm."

@folclor @Lunaria Silver @Constantin @Greenbriar @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @HK Fifty

Ivela Zoldyck

@Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Ivela kept It was strange. She had felt nothing while killing him,  and it came naturally to her. But, as far as she could remember,  he was the first person she had ever killed. Well, that hadn't been brought back to life, anyway. 

This puzzled her,  but she had studied a lot of things here,  so she knew she must have learned it in one of her classes. She couldn't recall the exact lesson,  but clearly it left an impression. Plus, with as many things as she had read and seen, she had to have been desensitized by now. After rationalizing in,  Ivela didn't think it was all the unusual.

So she put it out of her mind. "Thank you. I would hope that I had progressed after training for so long."

She stopped after she made it to the front of the school, furrowing her brows. She had put out her En circle again as they were walking through the forest, more for practice than for protection. She sensed the auras of a few newcomers in the courtyard. They seemed...wary. Based on their auras,  they were an interesting bunch. One of them had quite a bit of Nen potential. 

"I suppose the new students are here. Do you think they'll settle down quickly,  and not disrupt things?" Ivela asked simply.

@folclor @Constantin @Greenbriar @HK Fifty @TommyGun15 

Lillith,  still in a male body,  growled in annoyance at how boring they were being. Even Valian was more interesting than them,  and he was more or less the same every day! At least he could still keep her semi amused. With a scowl, Lillith shifted back into her normal form and began walking back to the school. "You're all boring, but maybe you'll taste good. See you at orientation!" Based on Lillith's character,  one was forced to wonder whether she was going to go wait in the main hall or find something to destroy. It was most likely the latter. 

Aaron of Zartine

@Midnightclub

Aaron thought for a moment before shaking his head,  reaching the conclusion that he did not have any special dietary needs. "Nothing that I'm allergic to,  no, but I am partial to relatively undercooked meat." Aaron said with a shrug. It was true,  after living with his Great Grandfather for a while he grew to enjoy the unnamed pieces of meat that he had brought home. Burnt on the outside,  slightly cooked on the inside. 

Sasura Tek

The Selonian offered his hand and Sasura decided it wouldn't hurt to make an ally. She reached out, her left hand grasping his forearm. This was a kind of greeting she recognized. "Sasura Tek," she replied, nodding to him. The Thyrsian couldn't help but chuckle at his next sentence. "No? Is that because, like with the Argonian, I've misidentified you or some other reason?"

Her master began to yell then, which was something Sasura had not expected. She looked to Lady Verlaine, releasing Grim's hand and returning hers to her rifle. Fercada was ignoring a direct order... So what was she to do? Never before had this happened. The one who identified himself as Trino spoke out against Fercada, calling her a crazy bitch, spouting sensible words, but he'd still called her master a bitch...

"This is for your own good, Trino," she murmured loud enough for Eva, Grim, and Trino to hear before raising her weapon and aiming to slam the butt of her rifle into the back of his skull. If he was knocked unconscious, or at the very least hurt, Fercada wouldn't see the need to execute him on the spot for insulting her. At least one of the women left after that. The other, however, was becoming increasingly annoying.

@Constantin @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @HK Fifty @Greenbriar @TommyGun15 @Lunaria Silver

Fercada

The 'Argonian's words may have been something the Offshoot had heeded , provided he hadn't insulted her. 'Just like the fucking Jedi! 'Of course the stupid little slave girl doesn't know anything , she's just a little bitch who doesn't know her place!' How DARE he tell me I'm not worth anything , that fucking lizard bastard! I'll fucking kill him for having the AUDACITY to say that!'  By the time she arrived to that conclusion , her Captain had already struck the lizard-being hard on the skull with the stock of her rifle. A smugly delighted expression decorated her features for that brief moment - she'd have to reward Sasura when the situation was resolved. 

Fercada's attention was subsequently - and rather quickly - directed to the woman directly addressing her. Given in a more pleasant manner , she couldn't find a way refute the sound reasoning made on the slaver issue - but that didn't mean she couldn't find something she took umbridge with. But something had clearly worked to calm her , for her voice seemed significantly calmer , coupled with far less curses pervading her speech. "I'm not frightened! If you think you and your allies can frighten me , you're oh-so-sorely mistaken. If you want me to trust you , tell me your name and just what it is you do.. wherever this is. Right fucking now , and then I'll think about trusting you in any capacity.. much less enough to tell you my name." She either didn't notice or didn't acknowledge the other , more aggressive woman's departure. 

@folclor @Greenbriar @Constantin @TommyGun15 @Lunaria Silver @Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Akita stopped when Fercada turned her attention towards her.  Though she didn't betray it in her voice, she was relieved that the angry teen had calmed down a little bit.  She continued speaking in a calm, hopefully soothing voice.  And she might've slipped a small (extremely powerful) charm spell into her words.  Something that would hopefully make Fercada trust her a little bit.

"My name is Akita Winters.  I'm a student counselor at this school.  It is my job to assess the mood of the student, and help them work through their emotional burdens."  Akita nodded to the fennec on her shoulder.  "This is Ahri.  She's my familiar.  We're bonded to each other."

The fennec hopped down from Akita's shoulder and took a few steps towards Fercada.  When she was about ten feet away from her, she sat down and tilted her head, regarding Fercada curiously with her big, blue, baby-doll eyes.

"May I ask whof you are?"

@folclor @Constantin @Greenbriar @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @HK Fifty

Grim Shell

The otter rolled his shoulders once the manic girl seemed to regain her composure, but kept his sign ready just in case. 

Grim looked to the lizard, boy. 'You're a bloke. I'm sure now.' As he spoke out against and at the manic girl. A scent caught his nose, as he was getting used to each of their smells. 'Oh? She's on a drug. I think anyways.' He shook his head, and would have moved to stop, or try to stop, Sasura using the Quen sign, but the lizard was too far away and to use anything else would have ruined any progress they had made. Besides, it was good for the new group of firsties to sort out their pecking order. 

So he stood by and ready to step in if things got to our of hand. 

@folclor @Greenbriar @Constantin @HK Fifty @TommyGun15

Delrick

"You're welcome. You're diligence and hard work are paying off." The monk looked up at the school entrance and listened for a moment. Pleased that there wasn't armed conflict and chaos at the moment. A rare thing when the new students arrived in groups. 

He looked to Ivela as she asked her observant question. "Adding new fish to a pond always cause ripples. But eventually it returns to its still nature." With a smile her shrugged. "Perhaps you'd best go see if you can return the pond to its calm." His expression was calm and authoritative, while he was not expressly telling her to do something, it would seem as though he expected her to do something. 'It'll be good to see if you can take charge or if you can't.'

@Lunaria Silver

Trino Meesra

Trino could almost watch the fury building up inside of "anger-bitch", which is what he would now refer to as in his mind, and perhaps out loud on the occasion. Besides his demeaning rhetoric, which he knew he would later regret, because he hated being rude to people, Trino knew that she couldn't argue with nearly half of what he said, which made him feel even cockier. He wasn't totally absorbed in the situation, though. He was still painfully aware of the dangerous situation he was in, he didn't quite count the girls around him to be his allies. His point was proven, also painfully, when he heard Sasura mutter about doing something 'for his own good'. He immediately stepped back and turned to face her, but halfway there the side of his snout met the stock of whatever that thing was she was carrying. Due to the angle of the turn, it wasn't a solid impact, but it still hurt like a bitch. He recoiled instantly and a hand shot up to his bleeding face. It glowed in a yellow light, much like before with Eva. The blood immediately stopped, but three sharp teeth were lying on the grass in front of him. A trail of blood droplets linked him to the teeth in the grass. "OW. SON OF A..OWWWW"

His dark orange irises spotted the teeth in the grass and he tenderly probed the new gaps with his pointed claws. "Thoth don't heaw back... why in the wowld woul you do tha?" He developed a temporary lisp as the swelling of the injury met the healing energy fighting it back to normalcy. He had a new idea, don't argue with the crazy fanatical bitches, because they didn't listen to reason. He squinted at Sasura now, betrayed by her action. For some reason he thought their shared experience of being lost and afraid in a new situation would bind them to an unspoken temporary alliance, but that was all in the trash now. He would admit that his rash and hurtful words contributed, but violence was different. His mind was made up, he gave Eva a somewhat friendlier look, but it was indifferent. He didn't even acknowledge Fercada's hysterical ranting, it wasn't worth his time. Instead he gave the girls a wide berth and walked over to the outdoor hallway behind Grim. He was going to take the initiative to find out about this place, even if he went on to regret believing him. It was better than hanging around with the PMS squad.

@Grim Wraithe Stjerna @folclor @HK Fifty @folclor

Sasura Tek

Sasura grabbed Trino's arm, stopping him before he could leave.  "It was that or my master would cut off your head with her saber.  Next time, play dead until she's gone," she hissed into the Argonian's ear.  She released him a bit roughly to keep up with the charade, returning to the low ready position.  However, it was at this point that she realized how strangely her rifle felt in her hands.  It felt too large, heavier than she remembered, and she looked down.  It was then that her eyes went wide as she noticed she was a few sizes too small for her armor.  Her gaze shifted to her ranting master.  Fercada looked like a teenager.  Her robes were too large, the saber not balanced in her hand.  The Thyrsian's gaze went to Eva.  The robes were large on her general as well.

"Sir?" Sasura called, trying to get her master's attention.

@HK Fifty @Greenbriar @Constantin @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @TommyGun15

@Grim Wraithe Stjerna @folclor @HK Fifty@folclor

Ivela frowned for a moment at the thought of settling people down, before nodding simply. She calmly made her way to the courtyard, and began to assess the situation. As had become her habit,  she measured everyone's Nen potential before saying anything. The red head had the most potential out of the new students. It was closely followed by the White haired girl and the girl who was angrily pacing,  who were about even. Then it was the...lizard man.

Well.  That was new. 

"What seems to be the problem?" She asked,  approaching them slowly with her hands loosely at her sides. She was clearly unarmed, not that she needed to carry her weapons around. She noticed that Grim and the student councilor were there as well, but didn't comment on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back