The Academy

Why'nn giggled as Sparky landed on her shoulder.  She reached into her bag and pulled out some bits of meat, offering them to the wyvern.  Aaron's story brought a glare and the news about Valian with girl had her rolling her eyes.  "Well, you shouldn't have taken them to the Arena anyway.  At least, not without me."  She stroked the wyvern gently as she looked to Sable.  "Who?  Khala?  She's Chiss.  From my mother's universe."

@TommyGun15 @Midnightclub @shadowstrikr25 @Lunaria Silver

Valian sighed and shook his head.  "It's fine, Khala.  You know students arrive at odd times.  I can only be here for a short while, as you know."  He seemed a bit disappointed at that.  After all, he'd come late.  Not by aim, of course, it was only the Chevalier didn't come close enough until now.

@HK Fifty

Last edited by a moderator:
Sable crossed her arms and shook her head.  "No.  I refuse.  I fucking refuse.  Star Wars is *not* a real thing.  Are you kidding me? Verdad?"  She looked sincerely pissed.  "What, are Rick and Morty running around too?  What the hell is this place where movies and tv shows are real?"  She was starting to believe that she was on the butt of some cosmic joke.  Maybe she was in a coma and none of this was real? She pinched herself...felt real.

@folclor @Lunaria Silver @shadowstrikr25 @TommyGun15

Sable tried to talk but failed.  She shook her head and tried again.  "Ok.  A movie...its like, a moving picture? With a story.  And TV shows are like...mini movies, but with more of them?  We don't know about other universes. It's all made up...Rick and Morty is a TV show where they jump around between universes...I guess." She rubbed her arms.  "This is way too weird."

@folclor @TommyGun15 @shadowstrikr25 @Lunaria Silver

@folclor @TommyGun15 @Lunaria Silver @Midnightclub

Sparky gratefully gulped down a few chunks of meat, before hovering in front of Aaron and screeching at him. Reagan giggled, seeing the attempt at a threat as adorable due to Sparky's size. "Well as long as you don't try to eat him, I'm fine. And yeah, he's a wyvern. Specifically an Astalos. Or a Raizex. Depends on the reigion. I just call him Sparky." At least he admitted to not liking the taste of wyverns  and vomitting afterwards. If he had, say, liked the taste, there may have been a few scorch marks on him. The wyvern, satisfied that his point was made, flew back over to Reagan and landed on her head.

At Sable's flat denial of specific possibilities, Reagan shrugged. "Haven't you heard of multiverse theory? There are literally infinite possibilities here. I come from a universe that's apparently the background for a card game." She still had a deck lying around somewhere, even if James and Why'nn were liable to gang up on her despite a minimal board presence. Hearing Sable explain movies and TV was new, seeing as Reagan had no idea what those were either. Still, her conclusion got some sympathy from Reagan. "Hate to say it, but it's only going to get weirder from here.Trust me." A fact she had accepted, despite the ever increasing strangeness that kept happening.

James nodded as Why'nn told him that he shouldn't have brought them into the arena.

"Well... yeah, you're right.  Not much I can say against it."

James listened to Sable's explanation of what a movie was in silence before he recast his illusion, turned, and started walking away.

"I'm going to head off to where they're having orientation.  Meet you guys there."

@folclor @Midnightclub @shadowstrikr25 @Lunaria Silver

@folclor @TommyGun15 @shadowstrikr25 @Midnightclub 

Aaron didn't quite understand the anger of the others at his story, though he did find it quite cute when the Wyvern threatened him. Growing up around dragons at their full size, this tiny little thing wouldn't have intimidated him when it was fully grown, something that was perhaps foolhardy, due to who his great grandfather was. Of course no dragon from his world would even dare to touch him.

When Reagan said it was okay as long as he didn't enjoy the taste, Aaron's face involuntarily scrunched up. Perhaps he should not tell her he quite enjoyed the taste.

"Actually it wasn't the taste I disliked." He said simply with a shrug. He then turned his attention to the discussion about movies. "My world has these same movies, but my Grandpa was always ranting that all of those movies happened or would happen, and that their worlds existed in a seperate Universe from ours. I guess he was right." Aaron said with a shrug as he raised his hand to brush his hair behind his pointed ears.

Brask'hal'azhura briefly looked to the ground , an expression of remorse coming into her features the exact moment she did so. Her loose hair swung forward only to be pushed back behind her scarlet-tipped ears a moment later. She very much didn't want to deny both herself and (more importantly) someone she cared for the rendezvous that were rare enough already , but she had to

prioritze orders - not to mention her carefully-kept decorum. When she looked back to the Fourth-Year , her weak smile seemed to grow more false by the moment.

Her voice , too , reflected her growing lack of confidence. "N-no , I understand that. It's just.. well , if I arrive this late , the Headmistress may think I'm being inefficient - o-or worse , inattentive and rebellious. And if she thinks that of me , I might not be allowed t-to.." The corners of the young woman's eyes filled with tears shortly before she sharply turned her gaze away. Almost immediately , her mental chastisements followed. 'First you're being an inefficient , moronic girl and now you're going to CRY? Get back to following orders and being efficient instead of.. doing THIS!' Perhaps she was overcome with emotion , perhaps she simply didn't react fast enough , but Khala remained in the arena , trying in vain to hide the tears glinting in her Crimson eyes. 

@folclor

Delrick nodded at her assessments. "Well it would appear you're not wrong and a source of his power. Many magic users use a spell book to read spells from or focus their power through." The Warlock looked between the ghost and the boy and the book and a chest of some sort. 'He shouldn't have been about to travel directly here of his own choosing, and if he were a rejected soul he would've manifested in the courtyard.' He smirked and shrugged. "I've never heard of a ghost being a familiar, but it is possible."

It was when he saw the ghost cast a detection spell and say something to the boy that he noticed the seemingly independent abilities and separate intelligent thought. But when the small imp like creatures were summoned and the pair disappeared he smiled fully. "Go after him. But don't fight him, try and talk. If he's a student that is. If he's not." The monk have the young girl a knowing look, one she would understand. 

With the flick of his wrist and waggle  of his fingers, the Warlock was able to clearly see the the unseen. With a thought and a calming breath his form melted and became insubstantial, appearing just as the book ghost did. The world now held strong shades of grey and took off after the boy and his ghost, confident that Ivela would be able to find the boy,  passing directly through the summoned imp-like creatures, if they were even aware of his passing. 

In short order the Warlock caught sight of and gained on the pair. Not wanting to cause a fight he called out to the. "Welcome! I mean you no harm."

@Lunaria Silver @Constantin

M@folclor @Constantin

Ivela nodded at Delrick, clearly understanding the look that he gave her. She was hoping that it would come to a fight, honestly. It was rather hard to find situations in which she could use Angelic Armory.

Either way, as soon as Delrick gave the order, Ivela extended her en circle as far as she could go and took off in the direction that she had felt the elven boy take off in earlier. Of course, the scamps ran after her in an attempt to attack her, but they were fairly weak creatures, so she took care of them by using conjured daggers from Musical Discord.

Ivela moved just as silently through the forest as she moved anywhere else, weaving through the trees with great precision. 

After a moment or two of running, she felt the presence of the ghost and the strange boy. She almost smiled as she ran next to where they would be.

"Hello. Are you a student?" She asked, although she could not see him. Her voice was even and calm, although not monotonous.

Sable sighed and shook her head. "If I see Spongebob anywhere I am going to eat a bullet." She watched James leave, feeling a little put out that he'd abandon them. Hopefully the others would be willing to stick around and show them the ropes. "So, where is orientation anyways?"

@Lunaria Silver @folclor @shadowstrikr25 @TommyGun15

Ivela Zoldyck

@Constantin @Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Ivela's expression didn't change as the boy, an elf of some sort she believed, threatened her. She believed the the best option at the moment was to use Ren.

Ivela expanded her aura and directed it all at Celiph. It was similiar to bloodlust or killing intent, but more refined. It would make him want to run away, or at the very least back down. Hostile nen could have interesting effects on somebody with no shield to protect themselves with, but that would only happen if he got closer. Ivela didn't think it would be a problem.

"This is an academy for people who are rejected from their Universes, for people who don't...let's say fit in. Based on your age, you are a student, but I could be wrong. Do you have a letter of admittance?" Ivela asked, offering a slight smile of encouragement. Considering she was still projecting hostile nen towards him, it was most likely not very encouraging. 

@Lunaria Silver @Midnightclub @folclor

As relieved as she was that James had left, there was another thing that needed to be dealt with. Reagan looked over at Aaron as there was an audible crackle in the air, that quickly faded as her expression hardened. Sparky began to discharge small green sparks of electricity, also glaring at Aaron. Reagan debated the idea of giving him a scare, but decided against it wondering why that was her first instinct. 'This place is getting to me. Wonder if I can just... no, I'm required. Crap.' Right now, she just wanted to relax instead of threaten a newcomer. Her expression softened quickly as she sighed. "As long as you don't try to eat Sparky here, I'm fine." Her attention turned back to Sable as she raised an eyebrow. "We don't have any sponges as students. That would just be stupid. And weird. I mean weirder than everything I've seen and... oh you get the point. Orientation is in the main building, I'll show you where. Some free advice? Watch the ceiling, trust me on this." For whatever reason, one of the other students liked stalking the halls and dropping down from the ceiling onto others, usually armed with a scythe. To say it was startling was an understatement.

Valian did his best to give his illusion heat and some sort of force and mass.  He managed to pull her into a hug.  "Shh, shh.  It's okay, Khala.  You're fine, you're fine.  Don't worry about it.  You're not falling down, you're not inefficient, James is a jerk, and it's okay to cry if you're that upset.  I'm only sorry I don't have control of my body."

@HK Fifty

---

Why'nn watched James leave and turned to the others.  "Yes, the entrance hall.  Oh, and, suggestion: don't jump out of the windows or off of any walls outside or balconies.  It's kind of the fast way to suicide.  I tried it... five? times on the first day?  I don't recommend it.  You probably won't survive."

@shadowstrikr25 @Midnightclub @Lunaria Silver

@shadowstrikr25 @folclor @Midnightclub

Aaron was, in fact, a bit intimidated by Reagan's sudden show of power. There were very few beasts in the world that Aaron wouldn't stare down, but an angry person? And a woman no less? No, Aaron did not mess with that kind of temper.

He shrunk down a bit before straightening up as Reagan stopped threatening him.

"I would never try to eat somebody's pet." He said while chuckling.

He listened to the advice of the two girls while nodding sagely, although he was confused. Why would he jump out of a window? And why watch the ceiling? Either way he would take the advice.

Caz

Caz sat at his workshop bench/desk in his room on the third floor. He was peering through an odd monocle-esque device that magnified his vision several times over. He had needle nose pliers in his hand and was tinkering with some sort of egg-shaped device. I was really an explosive with the magnitude of several dozen C4 plastic charges. He was going to put it in a wrapped present box and deliver it to the HK's workshop when nobody was around. He had the gift tag written in. "From the Headmistress, to HK". He giggled maniacally the entire time he worked on the egg, finally he could give the robotic monster exactly what it deserved, explosive death. He had been planning this idea for precisely thirteen minutes, including material gathering and assembly time of the explosive device. After a couple more minutes of giggling and tinkering, he leaned back from the magnifying lens.

"[COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)]Phewie, all done, what an explosive surprise that evil robot bastard is going to receive. Hmhmhmhmhm hehehehe hooie![/COLOR]" Caz knew that orientation was today and that if he wasn't downstairs in the next hour or so, the headmistress would be doing something painful to his innards, 'Damn that bitch and her stupid magic, that's cheating!' If there was one thing he learned from his interdimensional travel, it was that magic was real, and he bloody HATED IT. "[COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)]Just gotta set the timer for 30 minutes...[/COLOR]" He tried to type in the time with the head of his needle nose plier and was mainly focusing on how awesome it was going to be when the HK droid was lying in burnt pieces on the ground. He heard a *beep* that meant the bomb was armed. Caz looked down at the timer to see that he entered "30 S" as the arming time. His bushy eyebrows lowered at the timer as it ticked down to 25 seconds. "Oh." He said, incredulous.

Cazador sprinted across the room and grabbed a 'redirecting charge' which was basically a large shockwave explosive that he could remote detonate, he used them to travel around quickly. Luckily his room faced the outside of the building, because he grabbed his grenade launcher and cranked the range up to max while simultaneously grabbing the egg. He dashed to the window and bashed it with the butt of his launcher, shattering it with ease. He stepped back and dove through the opening in spectacular fashion. In midair he tossed a redirecting charge several meters on the ground in front of him. As he descended to the appropriate range, he detonated the charge and tossed the detonator in the process. Cazador was blown several dozen feet into the air. His body sped through the sky like a human bullet as the timer ticked down to 10 seconds. He frantically loaded the explosive into the barrel of his launcher and exclaimed, "[COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)]FIRE IN THE HOLE! WHOO HEHEHAHA![/COLOR]"  With a squeeze of the trigger, the egg launched away from him into an empty field at several meters per second. He watched, falling through the air, as it exploded in a grand finale to his escapade. The explosion shook nearly the entire academy, as the force of the blast scorched the ground below it and the grass bent in the opposite direction in a huge sphere around the blast.

Cazador was flung back against the ground, with force. After several seconds he coughed up blood and a raised thumb was visible above the grass, "I'm A-okay!" He said to no one, because as far as he knew he was all alone in the field. In another minute he kicked himself onto his feet, glaring around with paranoia. "Time to hoof it!" He said to himself as he sprinted away from the scene of the crime, making sure to resume a casual posture once he rounded to the front of the academy, where he calmly strolled into the main hall for orientation. He was wearing his usual shirtless harness with grenades and C4 charges strapped to him. In the pockets of his cargo shorts there were motion sensitive bombs and detonators.

Delrick floated before the older looking being, the one who's existence was tethered to the book the boy was charged with. 

"I mean him no harm. I am one of the instructors and teachers and staff for this academy." He floated closer, his arms out in a non-threatening fashion. His expression was calm and neutral, the tone of his voice carried with it power and authority, but also held respect on it. 

In this ethereal state it was much easier to see the connection between the ghost and the book. It was clear to the Warlock that Aiwell was bound to that artifact and probably in servitude to the boy. 

"If he is a student, then I wish to extend a greeting to him," He offered his hand to the ghost, if he accepted he it would feel as solid as though they were both on the material plane. "and to you as well. You seem to be his guardian. Just as I am a guardian of this school and its student."

@Lunaria Silver @Constantin

Sieghart smiled as he set the roast beef in the oven to cook.  That should be the last thing he had to do to get prepared for the lunch rush.  Though he was wearing a hairnet, he wasn't wearing his helmet today, not only because it was hot in the kitcgen, but because he wanted to make sure that the first years got used to his appearance as quickly as possible.  Less problems that way.

Now that he had some free time, it might be good for him to go for a short walk before orientation.  Help him relax and enjoy the morning sun.  He stepped out of the kitchen and began to stroll down the hallways, quietly singin a tune.

"Led through the mist,

By the milk-light of moon,

All that was lost, is revealed..."

Move, snap up, fire. Next target, move, cover, fire. The heavy power armor squeezed his entire body like a vise, designed to use opposite pressure to counteract hard vacuum instead of a space suit. Any other person, not trained and built specifically for the armor, would have been crushed to death if they tried to wear it. For Takeo, it was like a comforting full body embrace. He moved under the weight and pressure with practiced ease as he ran through a battle simulation against holographic demons. His body needed near constant workouts and food intake to stay in shape and just moving in the suit was a workout, most days. He popped up and fired his blaster pistol, taking out another target before scooping up a handful of dirt and busted concrete and feeding it into the hopper of his Shrapel Slinger. The gun fired with a rapid report as the debris was kicked out at a fraction of the speed of light, destroying yet another holographic enemy. He heard a beeping noise and looked around, expecting a bomb. Then he shook his head and focused on the display of his visor. It was almost time for orientation. He would have to keep his armor on then, it would take too long to remove. He smacked a button on the wall with his palm and slowly the room began to return to normal, bed popping into place and organized furnishings and tidy workspaces growing into existence. He grinned, after two years it was still amazing to see magic in action. He turned and left, making his way to the Entrance Hall in full combat gear, Amida latched onto his back.

_________

Sable shook her head. "I wasn't planning on jumping out windows anyways." Why watch the ceiling? She wanted to ask but decided against it, figuring she wouldn't like the answer anyways.  "Do we have to go alone or can we stick with you guys?"

@Lunaria Silver @folclor @shadowstrikr25

@folclor @Lunaria Silver @Midnightclub

Reagan shook her head at Why'nn's statement of how many times she tried to jump out a window. 'Well, if I didn't know her, I'd call her stupid. But she is stubborn.' She did notice that Aaron, for whatever reason, seemed to shrink at her words. At least he straightened himself back up. "Yeah, unless you can fly, I wouldn't recommend jumping out windows." Sparky had calmed down and stopped glaring at Aaron, instead looking around and observing Sable. "Don't worry, you can follow us. I certainly don't mind, as long as you don't mind getting there a bit early." She did still need to warn her partner about the time, she wasn't going to leave him in the dark on that.

Down the hallway came a metallic clanging soyns, like a man in full plate armor walking through the hallway.  Accompanying this was the sound of a male voice singing a slow song.

"Oh how the gentle wind, beckons through the leaves, as autumn colors fall.

Dancing in a swirl, of golden memories, the loveliest lies of all.

The loveliest lies of all."

Sieghart strolled around the corner of the hallway, still humming a tune above the clatter of his armor, his half-rotted face stretched in a small smile.

@folclor @shadowstrikr25 @Midnightclub @Lunaria Silver

@Grim Wraithe Stjerna

When the boy didn't respond,  other than a slightly panicked look,  Ivela knew that he wasn't supposed to be here.  Well,  she had her orders.  He wasn't a student,  and that made him a threat. 

And,  of course,  there was only one thing to do with a threat. The smile on Ivela's face swiftly dropped as she pulled back her hostile nen. Ivela's eyes held a grim look in them as she stared at Celiph, who seemed to have guessed what was about to happen. 

Ivela didn't say a word as she summoned a golden angel, the Angel of Music.  It was a majestic woman with long flowing hair the same color as the rest of her.  Her wings were engraved with music notes.  She stared at Ivela for a moment before nodding. The Angel held up her finger and a shimmering Quarter Note hovered above it. 

Suddenly the Angel transformed into an ornate violin with the Angel carved into it's handle. Ivela grabbed the floating Violin as Celiph charged at her while appearing to attempt to summon something. It did not work. Ivela jumped back almost instantly,  dodging his blows as she began to play. He was now trying to fight her unarmed. She played a quick succession of notes,  and every note she played made a shimmering,  razor sharp quarter Note form and fly at Celiph. 

Ivela practically danced around Celiph,  usually only dodging his blows by a hair as the notes continued to cut him. She was also forced to avoid the ghost who seemed to be attempting to attack her as well. After a few moments of being cut continuously,  blood loss began to take effect on Celiph as his movements became a bit more sloppy. His vision began to blur as he finally fell to his knees. Ivela stopped playing with a dramatic flourish of her arm,  causing each of the notes still attached to Celiph to disappear. Ivela casually walked by Celiph, flexing the muscles in her hand which was now free since she had dropped the violin bow as she did so.  Quick as a flash,  Ivela leaned down and ripped out his heart before dropping it unceromoniously onto the ground.  Other than a bit of blood on her hand, Ivela came out of the fight no worse than she had been when she went into it.

The ghost seemed to disappear the instant the boy died,  not without a shout of anger.  

The courtyard rang with a deafening sound just beyond the point of hearing. A speck of light against the sunny sky, a mote that became a splotch and then a great circle filled with spiralling whites, blues and shadows that finally opened to its full extent eight feet off the ground. A blaze of light that made it near impossible to look at the breach directly, and then a soft weight hit the ground. Or was it three? There was one pained grunt, and then silence as the circle faded away.

When she awoke, Eva Verlaine felt the warm sun on her face, and opened her eyes perplexed. There was no warm sun on Malachor - and by rights, she should be dead. Shouldn't she? She'd felt all reality tear itself apart, and though she'd managed to stumble, bleeding, to a seat she'd known this was only the calm before the storm. So why was she alive? Or was she dead, and this was the Unifying Force the Masters taught of? She sat up slowly, painfully, and looked around the yard.

Cazador

Caz was slinking his way toward the main hall, but first he had to cut through the courtyard to get there. He hadn't encountered anyone yet, and nobody was panicking about the explosion, so he was almost certain that he was in the clear. That meant no painful torture! As he quietly sneaked down the open air halls that surrounded the courtyard, a portal opened up. He was now informed that this meant a new student was arriving at the school. He also knew that most of the little shits that arrived here had weird powers and unfortunate back stories, so he whipped out his grenade launcher in preparation for whatever sort of freak was about to pop into existence before him. A normal-ish looking girl fell out of the portal and Caz breathed a sigh of relief, then he remembered all of the other normal-ish looking girls that went to this school that could do all sorts of weird and freaky shit.

She looked injured, so maybe she wasn't going to freak out when he told her where she was. He put his grenade launcher on his back and spun around the column he was creeping behind to reveal himself in grand fashion. She crawled over to one of the benches in the courtyard and he stepped a bit closer, coughing loudly; he was still across the yard from her. "Hey there ya' little scuz, welcome to The Academy, I'm sure ya got loooaaaads a questions about where you are or how in the heck ya got here, but I just don't feel like going through all that annoying crap. Now are ya gonna start freaking out and praying in some freaky language, glowin tattoos and weird eyeball lazers..." His voice trailed off and then returned to him, "...or, can we progress and just accept the situation you've been tossed into?" His NZ accent was thick and apparent, he really hated new students, but technically it was his job to orient them, so orient them he would! Lest his pancreas get stretched out by that foul magical BS. Cazador's crazy eyes studied Eva carefully, ready for the ever-looming freak out that was possible among new students.

@Greenbriar

"I think you two should stay with Reagan.  I have to go to the Arena and go through my forms with Father, so I may not be at the Orientation at all.  Enjoy."  It was then that the girl saw Sieghart and she smiled, hurrying to him and giving him a hug.  Another familial figure, though she was quite aware he wasn't her real uncle, she might call him such.

@TommyGun15 @shadowstrikr25 @Midnightclub @Lunaria Silver

---

Sasura, second out of the portal, grimaced.  Her head pounded.  The first thing she noticed was Eva Verlaine, her master's friend, injured.  The second was the odd man approaching her.  Well, Eva wasn't her master, but she was an ally, and one that was hurt.  She didn't have time to ponder their surroundings, just take them into account.  Grass covered the ground, there were a few trees dotted around the area, columns that supported a great stone structure separated the grass from stone walkways that led inside.  For now the questions would wait.  The girl, unaware of her change, still dressed in her armor, hurried to set herself between Eva and the man, drawing out her rifle and aiming it at him.  She was missing er helmet, so her face was clearly visible, her snowy hair drawn back into a braid to more easily fit beneath the missing gear.

"Stay where you are and identify yourself!" she ordered with all the authority of the attained rank of Captain behind it.  However, there was one thing she noticed.  Her voice was higher than it should've been.  It didn't sound correct.  What in the galaxy was going on?  Still, she kept her confusion from her expression, hiding her emotions as she'd learned was required on the battlefield.  And this was, without a doubt, a battlefield.  Depending on the man's movements, she would change her tactics.  If he attacked, she would fire.  If he backed off and identified himself more questions needed to be asked, but she could at least toss Eva a medkit.

@Greenbriar @Constantin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back