• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The academy of Xiarphia

"I think it's been fairly nice so far. It might be too early to tell, though." Karma smiled and picked up the sub she had ordered, a simple tuna melt with tomato and onion. She took a bite into it, tasting the unique flavors. It was certainly different from what would eat back home. She glanced out of the window as Raina had done and noticed the dark clouds forming. "Looks like it'll downpour soon." She said it with absolutely no concern in her voice. After all, she has had to perform the ceremony during a hurricane before, so this was nothing. At that point, Bridget had asked about what she could do, abilities speaking. She placed down the sub, which had two more bites taken out of it.

"Well, I should start by saying that I'm a witchdoctor, which explains the markings." Karma held out her arm, thin lines drawn into patterns on her arms. "So I'm all about voodoo magic. My specialty is controlling others, though." She put her arms back in her lap. "I can make dolls, animate non living things, and control other's minds." Out of the corner of her eye, Karma thought she saw a familiar head of pink hair. Looking over, she smiled seeing Ian. "Hey Ian! I didn't think I'd see you here." She said, attempting to draw his attention over to the trio.

Cara Cara Elm Elm Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14

Ian had just been given a Philly cheese steak sandwich, thanking the person that brought it to him before taking a bite and smiling at how good it tasted. He continued sketch out possible projects he could create in his spare time when he suddenly heard his name being called out from somewhere.

Looking up from his work, he quickly spotted Karma and smiled, giving a wave before picking up his things and moving to at least a nearby table so he didnt have to yell across the deli. "Hey Karma," he greeted in return, fixing his glasses momentarily as he looked at the trio -greeting the other two girls as well. "I guess everyone is coming out for lunch around this time," he commented as he sat down at the table near the girls, putting his food on the table but not eating it quite yet. Now turning his attention onto the other girls, Ian smiled. "Hi, I'm Ian by the way, it's nice to meet you both~" he mused happily, trying to be nice but also keeping his voice at a soft tone so he didnt sound too hyper, loud, or obnoxious -not wanting to rub off the wrong way onto people he hoped to be acquaintances or future friends with.

Spice Spice Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14 Cara Cara

Raina nodded as Karma mentioned the weather, then she started talking about her abilities. Raina didn't show it, but she was impressed but Karma's abilities. Then as they continued finishing their meals, Karma called to someone and Raina turned over to see the boy she saw walking earlier, Ian as Karma called him. Ian as Karma called him.he gave a smile and waved, then picking up his stuff and tray he moved to a table near theirs and introduced himself with a smile.''yeah, today was a very busy day'' she said glancing to Bridget who was sitting next to her and remembering today. '' Raina, nice to meet you too. '' answered Raina giving a smile back.

Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14 Spice Spice Elm Elm

'I knew it' Bridget thought as the two of her companions went to go and talk to the even newer newcomer. Apparently he was affiliated with Karma as she already had knowledge of his him.
"I'm Bridget, if you forget that then it's fine- I'm no good with names anyway." Bridget said looking at him then to his food. She wasn't hungry anymore but it looked pretty good.

"Have you guys been to the arena yet?" She said addressing Karma and Ian "if not then where did you guys go? I only went to the arena so I'd like to get to know this place better without actually having to walk around." She said playfully with a laugh. Though she wanted to come across like she was joking she was being pretty serious.

Cara Cara Spice Spice Elm Elm

Ian smiled when the others greeted him, seeming to relax a little as well. Bridget didn't seem all that social, so he wasn't going to force her into a conversation unless she started it, but even then, he probably wouldn't ask her as many questions. Raina seemed pretty nice though, so maybe he'd have a better chance of communicating with her.

In regards to the question, Ian waited for Bridget to finish and for him to finish the bite of food in his mouth before deciding to answer. "The Arena? No, I've just been in my room all day working on a personal project," he answered, putting his food back down and rolling his stiff shoulder -still being tense from using his powers for his project. "I'm going to go looking around after this though," he added; knowing he needed to do this before he had the chance of getting lost tomorrow.

Spice Spice Cara Cara Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14

Raina finished her meal while listening to the others.Bridgit introduced herself and then asked about the places Karma and Ian visited. When the Arena was mentioned, Raina started thinking whether or not to be there tomorrow ' i'll just wake up late.. better than messing everything and faint like a little child again at least, if they both wanna fight, why should i stop them' she thought to herself. ' i'll just wake up, take a nice long bath, and explore the area' she seemed quite satisfied with her plan. after all she always tried to not get in anyone's way.
'' well, Ian is exploring
, what about you guys?'' she asked looking at the half empty places.
Spice Spice Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14 Elm Elm

"I'll probably do the same." Bridget said answering Raina's question "I mean there's not much else to do right now right? At least not until we see Mothra-Kid-What's-His-Face tomorrow." She'd been thinking about why they'd meet again tomorrow and why he was so sure of it. Could it be there was going to be some sort of class and he was the teacher? It's an academy after all. Though she could only think about it so much until Ian mentioned a project.

"What kind of project?" She noticed his shoulder roll, she assumed his project was something to do with physical movements and he was exhausted or cramped up from it all. She also assumed the project had something to do with his abilities and whilst Bridget was very keen on finding out the abilities of everyone she met, simply for the reason of being able to think of a way to beat them in a fight if need be, she didn't ask as it may have been a little too much for Raina who'd already experienced Bridget asking the question twice now. When something else crossed her mind about the aforementioned battle strategies she was trying to conduct in her head she turned to face Karma.

"You know your controlling abilities? Can you control sentient beings effortlessly or is there a limitation? Because I was thinking your ability would be extremely powerful if there was no limit to it, which means this place is pretty lucky to have you." She said trying to hide her snooping with a compliment. Bridget was worried about Karma, whilst Raina had very powerful physical abilities, mental attacks were going to be much more problematic.

Cara Cara Elm Elm Spice Spice

Karma smiled as Ian brought his food closer to them. After the other two had introduced themselves, Bridget jumped started into conversation, specifically about the arena. "Not yet actually. I went straight to my dorm..." She glanced over at Ian and felt her neck grow warm. "...Or at least tried to. But then all I did was set up for a while beforing leaving for this place. I should look around around a bit, too." Upon hearing Bridget say Mothra-Kid, Karma became confused. When did the school take hostage a Mothra? And why did she call him a kid? Were there more types of Mothra? As she pondered this, Karma took another bite of her sub. It didn't take long for her to figure out what Bridget meant when she said that.

She had also given up due to a second reason. Bridget had asked her about her ability again. She really was a curious one, wasn't she? "Well, if there's a limit, I haven't really found it yet. I've never tried multiple dolls before, and I know the animation is permanent, so I haven't figured when my mental energy is depleted. Same goes for the mind control. I've experimented with up to three under my influence, and haven't tested how long I can keep control." Karma finished off her sub, wishing it could have lasted longer. "So I'd say I'm still testing the waters." She dropped her hands into her lap and looked quickly back between the other two before focusing on Bridget. "How about you? I'm curious about your abilities."

Elm Elm Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14 Cara Cara

Mothra kid? I'm sorry, but what? Ian was definitely confused, but was then more shocked when no one else decided to elaborate on whatever or whomever that person was; nor did Ian really get a chance to ask as he was suddenly asked another question from Bridget who, from what he could tell, really liked changing topics quickly. "My projects are basically just to help improve my abilities in relation to my powers -kind of like training but a lot more tedious and time consuming," he answered, finishing his food quickly afterwards. He wasn't about to give away what his powers were to everybody here, especially if he and someone else ended up getting into an arena match and already knew everything about his powers. Plus he liked to keep things secretive and surprise people as well. When Karma had spoken up, Ian had briefly glanced over at her, feeling a slight smile tug at the corner of his mouth in amusement before going back to sketching something in his notepad.

At the same time, however, he did thoroughly listen to Karma's explanation of her powers, already growing curious yet also extremely wary of them. Mind control sounded cool, but not if you were the person being controlled by it -which he hoped would never happen to himself personally. Once she finished explaining, Ian glanced up from his notepad and now glanced at Bridget, waiting for her to explain what her powers were.

Spice Spice Cara Cara Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14

when Bridget mentioned the mothra kid,Raina shift uncomfortably . she didn't think that the kid was weak, but the question that kept roaming in her head was why didn't he run away. he allowed them to treat him as a prisoner, and didn't do anything when they hit him, if anything like that ever happened to her, she wouldn't stay that calm 'perfect, there goes my plans for tomorrow' she thought. she didn't want to interrupt the fight again.they are here to fight anyway. she noticed Ian's and karma's confusion but did not bring the topic up.
then Bridget asked about Ian's project, Raina listened but didn't say anything, Bridget asked all the needed questions after all. Ian started explaining how his projects help him to improve his ability, but he didn't say what his powers were. so Raina just assumed that he could manipulate something just like her. the conversation the shifted to Karma's abilities, when Bridger asked about her limits, and when Karma said that she didn't know the limits yet, Raina felt disappointed with herself, she was the weak one.Karma then asked about Bridget's abilities and Raina wished that the question wont end up visiting her as well.

Bridget's eyes narrowed subconsciously as she heard the question asked to her. As much as she didn't want to give anything away she couldn't think of a way to get out of answering without appearing overly rude or hostilely lying. So she decided to lie: "I'm able to manipulate shadows and change their shapes, it's not the most combat proficient ability but I'm also able to teleport them so that's pretty helpful I guess." Bridget said nothing about her ability to attack with them and gave Raina a quick barely noticable glance trying to signal her to go along with the lie.

As unsatisfied as she was with Ian's answer she had a feeling that it wouldn't be wise to pry any further into the potential of his abilities because it'd probable insentivise more questioning towards her. She didn't see these people as enemies by any means but Bridget did want some form of recognition and arguably being the strongest combatant in a year group was going to be the best way to get said recognition. So for now her potential friends needed to be treated more like rivals. Bridget didn't say anything else just so she wasn't asked anything else, she'd done enough snooping for one day so instead she turned looked idly at the ground after she had finished her sentence, waiting for the group to decide on a course of action so in turn she could decide what to do next.

Cara Cara Spice Spice Elm Elm

When Bridget narrowed her eyes, Ian had a gut feeling that she was lying about her abilities when she explained them, but he didnt comment on it and instead just minded his own business really. He wasn't as competitive like Bridget was since he still didn't quite understand how the academy's system worked, but he would find out eventually. After about another minute or two of sitting and listening to everyone else's conversation, Ian got up and stretched, putting his sketchpad away and putting his hands into his pockets. "Well it was nice meeting you all, and seeing you again too Karma, but I'm gonna go now. I'll see you guys later~" With a brief wave, Ian turned and exited the deli, humming a soft tune under his breath as he finally decided to explore the campus grounds.

Once he was away from the deli, Ian had time to think about his new project and how much longer it would take to finish it -let alone where to test it out. Which was the other main reason as to why Ian wanted to explore the area in the first place.

Cara Cara Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14 Spice Spice

"I'm able to manipulate shadows and change their shapes, it's not the most combat proficient ability but I'm also able to teleport them so that's pretty helpful I guess." Bridget said glancing at Raina, ' oh great, here it comes' Raina thought that the question will move to her next but didn't understand why Bridget glanced at her, so she said nothing. after what seemed to be ages,Ian stood up, and excused himself to go '' nice to meet you too'' replied Rain expecting the rest to stand up soon.

Karma nodded. "That sounds like a nice ability. I'm sure there's plenty you can do with that, you'll just have to get creative." She smiled, but noticed the slightest bit of a glance aimed towards Raina. It's nothing. It's not like she knows something that she's keeping between the two of them. Even then it'd be fine. Karma reassured herself before hearing Ian say he was leaving, prompting her to look up at him as he stood up. "Bye, Ian." She waved as he left, then turned back to the other two girls. She briefly glanced out the window and noticed that the clouds have grown a darker shade of grey. "We should probably get going, too, or we might get stuck out in the rain."

Elm Elm Cara Cara Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14

Hiro bit her lip softly as she held onto her backpack and looked around the outside of the entrance to the academy. 'Gosh this place IS huge like mom said it was' she thought to herself.
She walked inside and ran her hand through the long blue locks she possessed and fixed her glasses." Hello? Anyone there'?" She adked looking around for another person.

Soon after Ian left, Raina excused herself and left too On her way back to her dorm, she spotted a girl with blue hair. the girl seemed to be lost. Raina wasn't that tired and thought she could try to help.
" hey.. you lost?" Raina asked from behind.

Hiro_Hashi Hiro_Hashi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back