• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The academy of Xiarphia

Everything happened so fast, first there were to shapes, then they were four, and then six.. 'what is she thinking' Raina thought watching Bridget attack. Before she can jump in, the boy dogged but still got hurt. He sat down, and the place went dead silence for a couple of seconds, Now the battle was real, the boy opened two portals and now the larvaes were all over the arena. Raina jumped in immediately, she moved one of her hands, formed a circle and then pushed it towards the boy's direction ,sending a wave of air in his direction to push him away and not getting him hurt. at the same time she took out a gun of her pocket and started shooting at some of the larvaes that were far away from the portals and heading to Bridget's direction, trying to help her while she got rid of the rest. she shot some and then dropped her gun, forming a circle with both of her hands she pushed a wave of air to the very few larvaes that where still near the portals to push them back in..'' ENOUGH'' she managed to shout to both of them, looking at the boy '' close the portals, now!'' she demanded, then she looked back at Bridgit '' let's not today'' she told her.

Raina hated killing, but as long as she was the one under attack she could manage some tricks. When she jumped in the fight she didn't know if she was going to survive or not, this was her first fight ever against an army after all .. or against more than five grown ups at least. that was reckless of her, if the attack was directly pointed at her.. she wouldn't have stood a chance, but she couldn't stop and watch. Yet she used a big amount of her power, her nose started bleeding, she fell to the floor, and everything went black.

God_himself God_himself
Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14

Bridget was so preoccupied with trying to redirect her attack, since she failed to remove any of his limbs, that she didn't even see the swarm of Mothra attacking her from either side. She retracted her attacking appendages as quick as possible but couldn't react in time to avoid being slashed at by a few of the larvae, she grunted in annoyance as they clung onto her. Thankfully Raina had been there to remove the rest of the larvae that weren't currently attached to her, Bridget couldn't see exactly how she did it but somehow she managed to push them from a distance. Bridget carefully and swiftly used a large number of pencil thin tentacles to slice the remaining larvae up. There were several cuts on her clothes and corresponding body parts and a line of blood trickled down from the left corner of her lip. During the attempt to remove the larvae Bridget thought she heard Raina say something about stopping.

She turned to Raina, Bridget's stance a little limp due to the attack, "There's no point in stopping now, it's only jus begu-" Bridget was so riled up that she didn't even notice Raina wasn't even standing anymore. Her eyes narrowed with a hint of guilt in them but mostly curiosity. "That's strange." She thought to herself "she wore herself out to the point of unconsciousness with her own ability it seems." Bridget only let out a small hum to really indicate that she was thinking about anything at all as she studied Raina's state for a bit. She undid the clip in her hair and let her finge fall, deciding that she was done with combat for the moment. Her attention turned to the boy who was her opponent but a moment ago, "Do you know where we could get someone to asses her health by any chance? A nurse of some sort?"

It occurred to her that Raina might actually be dead so after asking the boy she walked over to Raina's body and felt for a pulse. It was present. Bridget was happy to know she hadn't indirectly killed someone on her first day, much less someone who was nice to her. Forming the black shadow circle again Bridget carefully carried Raina's body slightly above the ground on a platform of intertwined tentacles. She sighed as she did this, thinking about how she had let her silly envy of the boy's teleportation get her so worked up, though if she had the choice now she would've continued fighting. The only reason she didn't was because it would look bad in front of a crowd since Raina put herself in harms way for Bridget's sake. To not respect her wishes prior to her unconscious state and getting a cheap shot in on the boy would probably be frowned upon. Bridget looked back at the boy.

"Well," she said to the boy almost exhausted sounding, the use of her tentacles as well as the damage done to right now was tiring her out, "do you know anyone who could help? We both look like we wouldn't mind some medical attention right now either."

Cara Cara God_himself God_himself

Archimedes watched as the other girl soon became the spotlight of the little event, going from standing at the side to quickly taking charge. The girl quickly turned the tide of the battle, from a close event to what seemed to be his defeat. But today was a day of surprise as instead of continuing the brawl, the instructed the two to stop. And the two of them complied. Quickly after the girl collapsed, completely unconscious.

His opponent turned to him, the girl who once seemed ready to commit murder turned to him. Asking for assistance with the new issue at hand, along with some medical attention. "There is a first aid station in between the two activity and housing wings for your injuries. The damage I have sustained is an acceptable amount to not need aid." He said as he kneeled down before the unconscious girl. His serious tone returned to his overly playful one. "Although it seems the kind girl here has passed out from magic over use. This is the cause of 6/10 magic related deaths caused while fighting mothra, meaning this can be lethal. Thankfully the hive knows a remedy for energy restoration. The mix requires mothra blood, lavender, Ginger and additional things. But first, I believe we should be doing this somewhere else." For an arena was no place to conduct medical attention.

He got up lifting the girl up with him, "I can use a hand here."
Cara Cara

Bridget heeded his request and manuevered a few appendages over to hold lift Raina up. Without a word Bridget walked out of the arena, limping slightly from a particularly nasty injury on her leg, she was rather irritated with herself for letting herself sustain so much damage from a fight without doing as much damage to her opponent. Though this was the first time she had faced an experienced battler with abilities primarily designed for combat.

Eventually the group made it to the first aid station the boy spoke of before Raina's body was set down on a bed within the station.
"So about those ingredients," Bridget began recalling what he had said before their departure from the arena "do you happen to have them on you? Or can we get them from somewhere nearby?" Bridget wasn't done questioning but she didn't particularly want to ask her last question. Eventually she gave up and swallowed a little of her pride before asking "...and is there anything you can do to help my injuries recover?" She still wasn't mentally ready to ask for help from the boy, she still didn't want to admit that she might've been hurt a lot worse if Raina didn't step in. But it was true that she needed these wounds gone as soon as possible if she was to practice combat here further.

Archimedes with the aid of the other girl reached the aid station. The girl was asking about materials, "I have most of the materials with me. The only thing we need is the painful part. The mixture requires mothra blood, fresh mothra blood." He let out a sigh as he pulls out little vials and a scalpel like knife. "Come on, let's just get this over with." And he hands her the knife. "We only need enough blood to fill the vial so don't go too overboard. And the larvae scratches can swell up pretty badly, so it's best that I get to your wounds after."
Cara Cara

Karma nodded as Ian answered her question about his race. Her eyes widened in curiousity when he mentioned the spirits, however. "Well, then to me it doesn't seem like you're an ordinary human. I'm also human or at least was, for that matter." She completely forgot about her what she was she was about to say about her race. Their goodbyes caused her cheeks to burn agIn as Ian mentioned she'd know where his room was. She gave an awkward laugh and rubbed her neck. "Yeah, you can count on that." She smiled and waved as Ian left for his room. "I'll see you around." She said cheerfully before turning to deal with her bag. She made sure to close the door first, so nothing could get out of her room.

First and foremost, Karma had to unpack her clothes and other personal needs. It wasn't hard to find where each would belong. The harder part would be putting away all of her other items, especially some pod the potion ingredients. For starters, she pulled out a black box which had been making the buzzing noise earlier, and then some bars which she assembled into a cage. She carried the cage to the corner of her desk and placed it down. After that she positioned the box to the cage entrance and opened it. A large black raven hopped in and continued making odd buzzing noises. As she began placing various jars on shelves, another voice was heard from the room."So who's your boyfriend?" Karma whipped her head around and looked at the raven. "He's just a friend I met earlier, you eavesdropper." The raven gave her a sideways look as he cleaned his feathers. "Yeah, your boyfriend?" She looked away from the bird and and continued hanging up ingredients. "You know what, Sykie? If your feathers weren't so important to me, I would've already thrown you out that window."

At that Sykie the raven sighed and looked away from Karma with an air of drama. "And so you've yet to figure out a better threat." At that he finally fell silent, giving Karma ample time to finish rearranging her room. Soon enough, it almost resembled home. Tired from the seemingly endless amount of work she endured, Karma flopped into her bed and drifted off into a nap.

Elm Elm

Bridget sniggered a bit when she took the knife
"You sure you trust me with this?" She asked almost threateningly, she was only kidding of course- she just wanted a reaction. She made a slight incision on the boy's arm and held the vial underneath the bleeding wound, filling it with blood as per the request.
"Here, do your thing." She said plainly, his words on swelling concerned her slightly- she almost wished that she was the one in Raina's position. At least that way she wouldn't have to deal with being potentially crippled by swellings. She's either be fine or dead.

"I didn't catch your name." She said concluding that at least assosiating with this person would lead to some sort of benefit for her, someone with healing capabilities was sure to be useful in the future.

After he had left Karmas room, Ian disappeared back to his room in order to continue on his projects. First he had to get out a lot of the pieces he had already created for the first blueprint before having to buckle down and start up on creating the rest of the pieces and picturing how they all formed together in order to create what Ian wanted. Of course this would drain him of quite a lot of energy, but he didnt mind it as long as he didn't have some place to be later that evening -as he probably wouldn't really be able to move.

As he started his work a small friendly ghost cat perched itself on his bed, curling up comfortably while Ian noticed another ghost out of the corner of his eye just casually floating around in his room. By now, Ian was so used to seeing these things that he almost forgot that what he was seeing were actual ghosts and not living people. With a gentle sigh, he put on his headphones to help block outside noises while he focused on his magic.

Archimedes flinched, the cutting always hurts. With the blood in the vial he got to work. The mixture requires some odd ingredients, but besides that its not that complicated. "Here, your friend needs to drink this." He said as he handed the girl the finished product. He took out bandages and applied a paste like substance to it, the past smells strongly of lavender, "here apply this to your wounds, it will stop the swelling. And you don't want to know what this smelled like before the lavender was applied, it was not pleasant." He places notes with the instructions on how to make each substance in the unconscious girls hands.

"My name is Archimedes the mothra king. I am the academies most hated employee and Xiarphia's most notorious prisoner. But please call me just Archimedes. But I must be off to my cell before the whole city goes on lockdown." For the sun was setting on the city of the sky. And the day was coming to an end. "But don't get comfortable with me gone for long. I will see you tomorrow, and it won't be for good reasons." And with those words Archimedes turned away and went back to his cell.

Raina opened her eyes slowly, she had a terible headeack, '' what the..'' she said trying to realize were she was.. where was she? she stood up trying to take in her surroundings.. and raised her hand to notice that some note was in it '' what the..'' is this a game! if this was a sick game i swear.. she started thinking while reading the note then froze remembering what she did '' oh.. wow..'' she felt a great happiness inside her, this was her first fight and it was AMAZİNG!!! '' and then i fainted..'' she remembered replacing all the happy feelings with sad ones.'' i can't believe i fainted '' she looked back at the note ' looks like the boy saved my life' she started thinking again , but where is Bridget? is she okay, she remembered turning around.

God_himself God_himself Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14

"Oh you're up now." Bridget said looking at the girl as she applied the the medication to the last of her wounds. "Good news, we would've won the fight if I wasn't so kind as to stoppattacking him for your sake. Supposedly he is a Mothra King so I guess that means we can be pretty confident in fighting the other Mothra." She said now standing and looking at the exit. Archimedes was right, even from here she could see the sun setting.
"I hope you're alright to move cause we got to go. He said something about the place going on lockdown so I imagine we should go to our dorms. I'll walk you to yours if you want, just in case you faint or something."

The medication Bridget received was amazingly potent, she could barely even feel much of the pain she had from her wounds so she figured that Raina probably felt the same. Plus, Bridget was also hungry- she could ask for some food from Raina since they'd be at her dorm. Walking with Raina to her room was definitely a benefit for Bridget.
"C'mon, let's go." Bridget said rather eagerly already thinking about the food, she then visibly hesitated a bit "...thanks for the help back in the arena." She said reluctantly, though she felt obliged to say it. "Though I think I could've taken him, your help made it unfair." She said, her natural arrogance overcoming her before she began to walk outside their area expecting Raina to follow.

Cara Cara

After some time, Karma opened her eyes. Sitting up, she yawned as she stretched. That's when she realized she was on the floor. This was why her bed was built into the floor back at home. Either she's got to start sleeping on the floor, or she's gonna need something to break her fall next to her bed.on the desk, Sykie was watching her, obviously amused. "Hey why don't you be helpful for a bit and tell me the time." Sykie looked around the room, as if searching for something. "Well, first of all, you've got no clocks so I can't help you there. Buy some so you don't have to rely on me more than you already." Seeing the fuming look on her face gave Sykie pleasure as he continued. "But if you need to know, you've had 37 minutes worth of your beauty sleep."

"Looks like you're useful in more than one way. I guess I won't be looking for a new raven so quickly." She grinned at the look her gave her before turning to the bathroom. There she fixed her hair a bit and changed into a red tank top and black leggings. "I'm leaving to get some lunch. I'll be back later." Karma though she heard the fat raven mumble something as she closed the door behind her, key and map within her pockets. Her stomach rumbled as she descended down the floors to reached the ground floor of the dorm building. Pulling out her map, Karma began to follow it in order to not get lost.

Bridget was behind her putting something on her wounds, she said that the boy was a Mothra king and that we should be confident fighting them '' i guess..'' Raina replied. The Bridget stood up and said something about a lockdown ' great.. we are prisoners here' she thought then stood up and followed Bridget who offered to walk her to her dorm '' thanks, i still can't believe i fainted'' she replied. Bridget then thanked her for the help '' don't mention it, i felt the need to stop the fight..'' she replied.
walking back to the dorm, Raina had so many questions.. why is the boy here?if he can open portals why didn't he run away using one? she then looked at bredget '' what happened to boy after the fight anyway?, and am i going to be in trouble for stopping the fight?''she asked arriving to her dorms door and opening it inviting Bridget in.

Bridget let a toothy smile creep over her face when she was invited inside, just one step closer to food.
"The boy?" She said after stepping inside and thanking her for her hospitality "he basically gave us the medications and took off, he's a prisoner or something. He said he'd see us tomorrow too but for some bad reasons apparently. Whatever that means." Bridget scanned the room, without what she assumed to be Raina's personal belongings their rooms were close to identical. That was standard for an academy though. "I don't think you're in trouble for stopping the fight. We're first year's and I doubt they would've wanted people who were as efficient as we were when fighting that Mothra boy to be severely injured. But I dunno. We'll see I guess." Bridget's eyes were desperately scanning for food as she spoke, Raina didn't seem to have anything. Or at least anything out on show. "Doesn't this girl get hungry?" She thought before her eyes met with Raina's once more.

"Sorry to ask Raina but do you have anything to eat?" She said rather bluntly, though at least she remembered about the courtesy of saying 'sorry' this time. Often she'd just demand things. She stuttered a little bit before realising how rude that could've sounded and that it could decrease the likelihood of her getting what she wanted "if not, don't worry, we can go back to my dorm and get something there!" She exclaimed in a bit of a panic before regretting it instantly. "Damn it, why'd I say that. Now I might have to be the generous one." she thought whilst trying not to show her frustration with the situation on her face.

Cara Cara

'' i don't think fighting him will be a good idea.. he doesn't look like an enemy '' Raina replied closing the door. then went to sit down on the table '' i just hope they didn't noticed'' she replied when Bridget explained to her why she dont think Raina will be i trouble. she noticed bridget scanning the room then asking about food which made Raina remember again that she was hungry. '' well i have some chips and cookies in my bag.. but if you really hungry we can go to your dorm or to a restaurant nearby'' she replied.

"Oh yeah sure lets go to a restaurant!" Bridget said not wanting to exhaust her own food supply. As much as she would've just said yes to the chips and cookies Bridget was also rather curious to explore the area beyond what she had seen.
"And don't worry. I doubt they'll care too much honestly." She said as she got up from her seat, leaving Raina's room a bit earlier than expected. "Did you see anywhere nice to go?" She inquired. This was a nice atmosphere, not so heavy liked when she was fighting before. It was casual and Bridget was actually kind of enjoying it.
Cara Cara

Raina was happy to hear that Bridget agreed to the restaurant idea, she was hungry, and she didn't want to sleep.
leaving the room, Bridget asked Raina if she had seen any good places '' not really..'' Raina replied '' but we can ask... let's go before she disappears'' she continued with a smile and pointed at a girl with a map right outside the building.the she went down the stairs expecting Bridget to follow

Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14 Spice Spice

As Karma rounded another corner, she heard two voices behind her. She recognized them as the two from earlier who were talking about the arena previously when she walked through the academy's center. Right now they were talking about eating, just as she herself had been planning to do. She could probably just follow them to somewhere she could eat. They might know which the places on the map are the best to eat at. She was about to slow down so that they could overtake her so she'd follow them easily when one of them spoke about asking Karma. It was easy to tell it was about her since she didnt hear any other footsteps around. Today's not my lucky day. She thought to herself and turned to face the two girls with a soft smile.

The first had brown hair and hazel eyes while the other had black hair with red eyes. The complexion of their skins were of great contrast to white marked skin, making her wonder if there were any other witch doctors at the schools. That didn't really matter, as she had to talk with these two girls, having already turned around to look at both of them. "Oh did you need anything? I couldn't help but overhear a bit of your conversation." Now Karma was feeling self conscious since she felt like she sounded like an eavesdropper.

Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14 Cara Cara

'' hey, we were just wondering if you knew any good places to eat'' Raina answered the girl thinking how on earth was she able to hear them that clear, as they approached her '' and i noticed them map and was wondering were can i get one of those'' she replied. tonight was a bit chilly, Raina thought

Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14 Spice Spice

"What an eavesdropper" Bridget thought to herself when the new girl had responded to Raina, the new girl was very different looking. Perhaps belonging to an unusual species or something along those lines. Either way Bridget didn't really have the patience to think about how to ask her what she was without coming across as rude or rather aggressive. She was getting to hungry to really think about anything other than if it would cost her more money to split a check of three meals between three people or a check of two meals between two people. Though the fact that they stopped and talked to her probably meant Raina will invite her anyway. Bridget was just hoping that her companions order lightly.

"I'm Bridget by the way." She said finally putting her tempest of random thoughts created by hunger to one side and visually assessed the newcomer. It was clear from the way she presented herself that this new girl was either shy or not particularly keen on socialising with Raina and herself. "I feel like I've been learning so many new names today, to be honest I've never really spoken to this many people just out of wanting to talk to them before." She said simply just trying to make small talk so the new girl could become more comfortable with their presence.

"And if you don't really know anywhere good to eat I'm in the mood for a steak, so just looked for something on the map that would serve a nice big steak. Do you want anything specific Raina?" Bridget said passively trying to enforce her choice of meal onto the group while also trying to have manners. Being socially polite was hard for Bridget, she really had to think about what she said because normally she'd come across as too pushy or thoughtless.

Cara Cara Spice Spice

Karma smiled awkwardly and stepped forward, closing the gap inbetween them. She she was suddenly aware of how far away the other two girls were. "A-alright, well I was actually planning on going to a deli for lunch." She lowered her map and pointed to a small patch labelled "The Twin Deli". The brown haired girl then asked her about where she found the map, which prompted her to go back her recent memory with Ian, which caused her neck to warm up a bit. "Oh right, it was before I reached the academy, when I was buying potion ingredients. The shopkeeper handed me one before I left." Lunch was also a prime opportunity to back back to the ma's shop for that one ingredient she didn't manage to get before she came to the academy.

The second girl then began talking, pulling Karma from her thoughts. "I'm Karma. It's nice to meet both of you." She bowed her head slightly. Bridget, which was the girl's name, then spoke of all the new names and how she's never talked to this many people before, something that she herself could relate to. "Mmhmm, I've mostly only known my father all my life until this point, so I understand that, to some extent." She felt her neck grow hot again. This time she didn't have a collar to cover it like when she was with Ian. Why did she have to try to connect with Bridget? She probably sounded like she was trying too hard to become close. "Steak? Umm, well there is a whole length of a street that's dedicated to eating out. That's where I saw the deli." She felt to warm slowly fade away, her neck becoming less and less pink.

Cara Cara Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14

After what seemed like ages, Ian finished the basis of his project, letting out a sigh of relief and sitting back in his chair. He could definitely feel how drained he was of energy at the moment, not to mention his stomach suddenly growling to remind him he hadn't eaten anything today. So, due to both of those factors, Ian forced himself up out of his desk chair, grabbed his jacket, and walked right on out of his room to find a place to eat. Plus he could also do wirh looking around campus so he wouldn't get lost whenever lessons started the next day or something.

As he walked around, he did notice a few lingering people outside, but he didnt say anything to them, still being rather tired and even yawning as he walked along.

Raina looked at the map, and the girl placed her hand over a small patch it was called the Twin Deli and said that she was going there to eat too '' that sounds good, maybe we could go together'' Raina replied. '' and I'm Raina''said Raina when Bridget introduced herself. and the girl introduced herself as Karma. Then Bridget suggested to eat steak, which also sounded a good idea for Raina. '' I'd like some steak too'' she answered Bridget when she asked her what she wanted to eat.Then Karma said that she took the map from a potions shop. Raina thought that she needed to go and have a look around the area, maybe tomorrow she'll get one. she saw someone walking in the distance 'looks like everyone is hungry today' she thought wondering if that person too was looking for a place to eat ' alright let's go to The Twin Deli, and have our Steaks'' Raina said with a weird smile.
Arriving to The Twin Deli, the ordered and took their seats near a window.Raina looked outside to the sky and thought that it was going to rain. then she looked back at Karma and Bridget '' so, do you like the school so far?'' she asked randomly.

Spice Spice Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14 Elm Elm

Last edited:
To be honest, Ian didn't want to eat a meal per say as he just wanted something simple that could easily be taken back to his room if he didnt finish all of it. Currently he was looking for something along the lines of a cafe or another small food related building until he spotted what looked like to be a deli. Truth be told, he had no idea as to what it was. The only reason why he even considered going over there and walking inside was because it wasn't too crowded, meaning he didnt have to wait five years for his food.

Once he walked inside, he glanced around just to see how the place was set up and how to go about doing things. In the end, Ian went up to the counter, ordered his food, and sat down at a table by a window -not yet seeing the other girls as he was a little too preoccupied with sketching something in a small notepad he brought around with him in regards to his personal creation projects; basically just designing and figuring out what to add or subtract from his pieces.

Spice Spice Shuttleloop14 Shuttleloop14 Cara Cara

"Yeah I mean it's alright I guess, aside from basically losing earlier." Bridget said thinking back to it, she was still bitter. Bridget did notice the other person there but honestly couldn't be bothered to meet another person, she'd do it out of courtesy if someone else went first but otherwise she decided to ignore the boy. She had a feeling they'd end up meeting anyway. The steaks soon arrived and Bridget was happy to eat something of substance, though the pace at which she ate was a little faster than one would normally eat in company and full of vigour- she was just tired from the long day really.

"What kinda abilities do you have?" She inquired towards Karma while still eating- having observed Raina Bridget was curious to see just how powerful everyone else was.

Spice Spice Cara Cara Elm Elm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back