• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The academy of Xiarphia interest thread

Are you interested?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

God_himself

World's Worst Necromancer
The sky was always thought to be the last frontier for the many peoples of Xauturn. The place people only dreamed of living in. And with the amazing ways that it's people have harnessed the arcane, the people had all the right to believe that they could make it happen.

But there newfound abilities came at a cost, for to use the arcane for anything greater than minor spell casting it would require arcane crystal. People used these crystals to make wonders that would last for generations. But, it came with a problem. The amount of crystal needed was far far more than the people had. Chunks of the planet had been dug up in search of the precious crystals.

Though the people's greed and need for more and more brought almost extinction level consequences. While mining In great ravines of the east a temple was found, and within the temple there was a powerful seal in the center of an arcane pillar. The miners rejoiced with their find, and without bothering to read the seal the smashed it open.

This mistake lead to the release of the Mothra hive, an ancient hive of world ending scale. To cut you the long story short, we lost. A hundred years ago what remained of Xauturn's people fled to the last stronghold it had, Arvendom. It was there that the great sage Setia gave her life to create Xiarphia, the city of the sky.

The city almost spans an entire region now, and centers above the still intact Arvendom citadel. But if Arvendom falls, the sky city would as well.

That is why you are here. Mage, Merc or who ever you are, if you have gotten your hands on this letter, than the Xiarphia academy wishes to train you into a hero we all desperately need.

I can't make a thread in more detail then this.

(I hate that I have no skill, bb code makes no sense)

So if anyone can help me out thanks!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Last edited:
I was planning on waiting until the poll expired, but if a lot of people seem interested, I can see what I can do within my bad skill set

Oh okay. Also, you're not bad, you're just new. Doing the coding stuff takes time (I'm still trying to figure it out myself honestly).

God_himself God_himself
I'm hoping I don't come off as annoying or pushy, but if someone else doesn't join soon, could we maybe at least start making the our character sheets? We don't have to start the actual roleplay, but I figure it would be nice to at least have our characters ready (?)

God_himself God_himself
I'm hoping I don't come off as annoying or pushy, but if someone else doesn't join soon, could we maybe at least start making the our character sheets? We don't have to start the actual roleplay, but I figure it would be nice to at least have our characters ready (?)
Yeah it's ok I'll start working on the character page I've been busy for a bit sorry

I have it done but it's not letting me paste the link sorry.
It's up if you can find it. Sorry for the problem.

The sky was always thought to be the last frontier for the many peoples of Xauturn. The place people only dreamed of living in. And with the amazing ways that it's people have harnessed the arcane, the people had all the right to believe that they could make it happen.

But there newfound abilities came at a cost, for to use the arcane for anything greater than minor spell casting it would require arcane crystal. People used these crystals to make wonders that would last for generations. But, it came with a problem. The amount of crystal needed was far far more than the people had. Chunks of the planet had been dug up in search of the precious crystals.

Though the people's greed and need for more and more brought almost extinction level consequences. While mining In great ravines of the east a temple was found, and within the temple there was a powerful seal in the center of an arcane pillar. The miners rejoiced with their find, and without bothering to read the seal the smashed it open.

This mistake lead to the release of the Mothra hive, an ancient hive of world ending scale. To cut you the long story short, we lost. A hundred years ago what remained of Xauturn's people fled to the last stronghold it had, Arvendom. It was there that the great sage Setia gave her life to create Xiarphia, the city of the sky.

The city almost spans an entire region now, and centers above the still intact Arvendom citadel. But if Arvendom falls, the sky city would as well.

That is why you are here. Mage, Merc or who ever you are, if you have gotten your hands on this letter, than the Xiarphia academy wishes to train you into a hero we all desperately need.
Can i join?

i have a question.. lets say we received the letter, how can we find the school? is there a special way or is it just mentioned in the letter

i have a question.. lets say we received the letter, how can we find the school? is there a special way or is it just mentioned in the letter
It's in the center ring of the sky city, everyone knows where is is, but hardly anyone is allowed in, the exception is students at the academy

God_himself God_himself
In regards to the character sheet, when you say race, does that mean we don't have to have human characters? Ex: a demon, elf, etc

God_himself God_himself
In regards to the character sheet, when you say race, does that mean we don't have to have human characters? Ex: a demon, elf, etc
Yes it's not only human here, the original population of Xauturn was very diverse, due to before bigger kingdoms popped up, populations where branched out and left to develop on there own. Under half of the planets population survived the mothra war, but those who did have been able to increase their numbers in the sky City and below it in Arvendom.
Sorry for all the details, I realized a simple yes would of worked

One last question.
Do you prefer/does it matter if the pictures we use for our characters are realistic (real people) or not (so anything that's not a real picture of someone)?

One last question.
Do you prefer/does it matter if the pictures we use for our characters are realistic (real people) or not (so anything that's not a real picture of someone)?
The picture could be of a real person, an anime character, or whatever will show pretty much what your character looks like
I'm not judging here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back