• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom That One Pokemon Roleplay [OOC]

Necromantic Necromantic , OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi , IctoraPost IctoraPost , The Succubi Queen The Succubi Queen , @AKKaleb

Good news everyone. I finally have all the threads (and the first post) up. This is the OOC area, and if you follow the links in the first post, you'll find the characters and the roleplay. I adjusted it so that from any area (character, ooc, roleplay) these links are always available.

I have decided to set this in Blackthorn City's Compound. Your human character could have been transferred to the Blackthorn City Compound for their Journey if they lived in a different compound previously, so don't worry about it if the compound basically built into a mountain/cave isn't where your character would have previously resided. Avatar characters are basically invited to some public areas the compound momentarily (the arena, for one), but they're staying in the Guard's quarters at night.

Is there still room for one more?

Sorry, there isn't (I wanted a small cast of users because I wanted something really manageable for my first group roleplay). I can let you know if that ever changes though - such as if I do another run of this roleplay at a later date, or if someone drops out.

However, if you really liked the theme of this roleplay, I'm completely fine with you taking the idea if you wanted to try it as a 1x1 with someone (you generate your partners pokemon - they generate yours, it works quite well like that). I tested this idea originally as a 1x1, and that worked out pretty well - so if you wanted to try that with someone, feel free. As it is, I was heavily inspired for this roleplay from someone's comic.

How the Avatar League monitors avatars and humans
Avatars and humans both have to wear wristbands. For humans, it's to monitor their health, and how many avatars they're linked to. The wristbands make it easier to break links with avatars, because that's how they're designed. However, some organisations like Rocket, have wristbands that they've engineered to make it impossible for a human to break a link. Which works out well for them, because these wristbands are usually keyed to their energy frequencies. Avatars which have linked usually need to stay within a certain radius, but some technologies allow energy frequencies to be amplified (though these are specialized design wristbands, usually reserved for humans who link with high-risk organisations that need an extra power boost - like the FBI, or police).

Avatars wear wristbands after puberty to monitor their energy usage. This is to help track crimes, but it is possible for people with the know-how to hack into them. There's an obvious difference between the wristband of a human and an avatar, though people have a lot of slang for them: linkbands, league bracelets, etc. Whatever people call them, wristbands are an important part of identification for both humans and avatars. If you need to show I.D. your wristband gets scanned. Any badges won from defeating a gym are also on the wristband. Because these are a requirement, there is a cheap and common design publicly available for super low cost, though there are also more complex designs - similar to smartwatches (higher in cost, but they serve more functions).

Would it be okay for my character to wear his linkband somewhere besides his wrist? That isn't the most secure place for him.

Would it be okay for my character to wear his linkband somewhere besides his wrist? That isn't the most secure place for him.
Yeah, that's completely okay (and makes total sense). It's usually directly in contact with the skin because it monitors it best that way. That said, your character could keep his on his ankle (though I'm sure he'll have had people (police, travel agents, etc) initially irritated with him for that - even if they'd understand if he explained it).

But anywhere would do, so as long as it still monitors his energy (which is really all the Avatar League cares about), I don't mind too much what kind of design you make it (even if you do something very untypical and make it a 'earring' or another design I wouldn't have thought of).

*finger guns* ill make that coding a bit less obnoxious later

"ill make it less obnoxious"
*spends 30 minutes making it even more obnoxious*
haha im a master at planning

I cant seem to get the background to stop extending over the top but i think the code is good enough

Will avatars have abilities?

Yeah, that's completely okay (and makes total sense). It's usually directly in contact with the skin because it monitors it best that way. That said, your character could keep his on his ankle (though I'm sure he'll have had people (police, travel agents, etc) initially irritated with him for that - even if they'd understand if he explained it).

But anywhere would do, so as long as it still monitors his energy (which is really all the Avatar League cares about), I don't mind too much what kind of design you make it (even if you do something very untypical and make it a 'earring' or another design I wouldn't have thought of).

Tripp's is gonna be a tattoo, just put it *inside* his skin

Jk thats a terrible plan

So, we have a problem, in that for what I think it the 100th time, Necromantic Necromantic and I have made characters that are too perfect for each other, so that might lead to some interesting dynamics if they get partnered.

Speaking of, how will partnership be assigned/planned?

Last edited:
Hon weve been in four roleplays together

Hon....
Hon.
Baguette!

Has it only been 4? Wowzers. I guess after this last one where we both had a million characters that corellated in some fashion or another, my perception is skewed.

pokemon, eah, zatch bell. and rwby

five if you count this one, i suppose

pokemon x2

So, we have a problem, in that for what I think it the 100th time, Necromantic Necromantic and I have made characters that are too perfect for each other, so that might lead to some interesting dynamics if they get partnered. Speaking of, how will partnership be assigned/planned?
It's more the character's choice? Who they get partnered up with. The humans are usually the ones who chose, but avatars can suggest it to the humans. Avatars can have abilities like their pokemon counterparts, but I don't mind which one you'd prefer for your character to have.

Though OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi , I hadn't realized that every post was a dare to up the BBCode game. But if you're having fun thinking that way, I'm not going to convince you otherwise.

Also, the fact that Necromantic Necromantic and The Succubi Queen The Succubi Queen have been in several roleplays together is super cute.

In regards to Tripp's 'tattoo', the bracelets being externally obvious was also for the reason that in the case of a medical emergency, emergency care differs for avatar species. Like heat treatments for fire type avatars - one wouldn't want to apply these to ice types.

Sorry for late reply. This week has been busy - family member in a car crash, and I'm currently trialing a job at the moment (but I am still on top of this, I swear). My family member is moving to a rehabilitation center for a few weeks, so it's not the worst case scenario crash, so if anyone was worried by me mentioning this - my family member will be recovering.

It's more the character's choice? Who they get partnered up with. The humans are usually the ones who chose, but avatars can suggest it to the humans. Avatars can have abilities like their pokemon counterparts, but I don't mind which one you'd prefer for your character to have.

Though OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi , I hadn't realized that every post was a dare to up the BBCode game. But if you're having fun thinking that way, I'm not going to convince you otherwise.

Also, the fact that Necromantic Necromantic and The Succubi Queen The Succubi Queen have been in several roleplays together is super cute.

In regards to Tripp's 'tattoo', the bracelets being externally obvious was also for the reason that in the case of a medical emergency, emergency care differs for avatar species. Like heat treatments for fire type avatars - one wouldn't want to apply these to ice types.

Sorry for late reply. This week has been busy - family member in a car crash, and I'm currently trialing a job at the moment (but I am still on top of this, I swear). My family member is moving to a rehabilitation center for a few weeks, so it's not the worst case scenario crash, so if anyone was worried by me mentioning this - my family member will be recovering.

I was actually thinking about doing a choker for tripp, but ill probably just go with some unnecessarily complicated wristband

Haha, yeah, succubi and i have been in a few together. Idk why she keeps me around.

I hope your family member heals quickly.

Thanks. My reply will be short tonight, but my job is overworking me and underpaying me (by about half national minimum wage), and I'm just honestly so exhausted (university and my family has expected time from me on top of that and I'm not even getting enough sleep). I'll be asleep in less than ten. Again, I'm sorry for disappearing for a bit. I'm a little overwhelmed by the process.

^^ I'll try to have a post up tonight, but my job/school are going to be crazy rough over the few days (it's the last edition of the newspaper for the year and my essays are all due tuesday), so I can't make any strong promises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back