Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey All,

So I'm writing this to let you all know that @The Administration and I have opted to discontinue The Helper Initiative in its current state. We want to reward users for contributing to the site and helping out but what feels like an exclusive club is not the correct answer. Instead we will be opting for giving users who we feel are helpful and contributing to the site (many of you are!) a shiny medal and other little random things. I apologize to anyone who is disappointed by this and I wanted to personally thank past and present helpers for their work til date.

Contests, Newsletters and the sort will resume being staff functions spear headed by our amazing @Moderators team and @The Administration.

PS: Welcome @Gilzar @Anomaly to the staff team :) !

[QUOTE="The Unamed Beast]personally enjoyed being a Helper

[/QUOTE]
You weren't a part of The Helper Initiative, don't confuse people :P !

Congratulations to the new staff members.

I have no idea who any of you are yet. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gilzar[/URL] and I have opted to discontinue The Helper Initiative in its current state. We want to reward users for contributing to the site and helping out but what feels like an exclusive club is not the correct answer. Instead we will be opting for giving users who we feel are helpful and contributing to the site (many of you are!) a shiny medal and other little random things. I apologize to anyone who is disappointed by this and I wanted to personally thank past and present helpers for their work til date.

Contests, Newsletters and the sort will resume being staff functions spear headed by our amazing @Anomaly team and �2�.

PS: Welcome @Gilzar @Anomaly to the staff team :) !
okie. Thanks Dark! I hope it works out!

And congratz @Gilzar @Anomaly!

I wasn't part of the initiative, so maybe my opinion doesn't count, but I think this is a little silly... Still, it's the staff's decision. Hopefully you all won't suffer too much backlash.

O

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]It won't say helper.
It might say "Senpai has noticed you" when we notice you. We might do nothing. Who knows.

[/QUOTE]
OMG! Speaking of which! Since you guys got me started on discord, I made a RWBY-Bot linked with my account that says things like that

Edit: This is on Discord, not RPN

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]It won't say helper.
It might say "Senpai has noticed you" when we notice you. We might do nothing. Who knows.

[/QUOTE]
xD Can we get a 'Senpai has noticed you' message, all fancy and tidy? And in rainbow colours?

Does that mean I can't consider myself an unhelper? :( Honestly its a good way of handling it giving badges unexpectedly for helping rather then having it a club. It would be good to have some mentor kind of tag that you can toggle on if you have enough time on the site for people to see to go for help. It doesn't make it exclusive and can help people see someone is there if you need to ask someone for help. ^^

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]We welcome all feedback, care to explain :D ?

[/QUOTE]
Well, I think that people who help should be able to have at least their little helper badge-thingy to brag about... I mean, I think that while some might be immature about it, the majority of people can be healthy and a little proud. :/ Even without the badge, you could continue the helper initiative... Completely getting rid of it just gives people less opportunities to be part of the community.

iiimee said:
Completely getting rid of it just gives people less opportunities to be part of the community.
The most helpful people aren't in the initiative and didn't want to join when approached/reviewed their application after thinking about it. The Staff already do 99 percent of the helper responsibilities, like newsletter, contests, and the sort. There was zero reason to continue to waste staff resources on trying to maintain another program when users are already making the site amazing/wonderful with out it.

I rather focus on finding more staff as needed, having more contests done, reaching out to users who do cool things and give them staff attention. We have a ton of contests and the sort coming out soon as well as entire site upgrades, including but not limited to The Nyte Life.

I have next to no knowledge about what this is but personally speaking, I think people should help for the sake of helping. I know it's nice to be recognized, but good work should speak for itself. So yeah, I think this is a pretty smart move. I've seen staff/helpers on other RP sites play favorites a lot and it's caused a lot of tension— not that I believe it's happening here, but it exists.

Hanarei said:
It would be good to have some mentor kind of tag that you can toggle on if you have enough time on the site for people to see to go for help. It doesn't make it exclusive and can help people see someone is there if you need to ask someone for help. ^^
I love this idea, personally.

Congrats mateys!!!

@Gilzar @Anomaly

And thank you to all those Helpers and other helpful users for all you do. Even though some of you may not desire recognition or do not receive recognition, do know that any gesture is appreciated even if it's a simple like or simple answer to a question. Any action taken can help lighten a user's mood or help them to create a new idea.

@Anomaly

I am completely unsurprised. I've suggested this a long time.

@Gilzar

No idea who you are but congrats! Hope to see you around ^w^

Hanarei said:
Does that mean I can't consider myself an unhelper? :( Honestly its a good way of handling it giving badges unexpectedly for helping rather then having it a club. It would be good to have some mentor kind of tag that you can toggle on if you have enough time on the site for people to see to go for help. It doesn't make it exclusive and can help people see someone is there if you need to ask someone for help. ^^
If this mentor tag is possible I think it'd be a really cool idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back