• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Terrestrial (8/9 SPOTS OPEN)

MontanaKaidence

she's alright, she's out of sight
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Note: The error regarding the links has been fixed and are in the second post in this thread

TERRESTRIAL

INTRO

In 2023 the government admitted to the existence of aliens. At first people didn't really mind. They all knew the truth anyhow and was all too familiar with the governments age-old habit of lying. As time went on, the populace grew curious. More and more questions were being asked. Although the US Government was practically forced to disclose the alien's existence, there was something else they were hiding. Why were they here?

In the year 2024, aliens were secretly placed amongst the human race as children by the aliens themselves. The human's native to Earth had no idea of their insertion. The Aliens had been preforming a genetic experiment since the time where the first fire was lit. The desired outcome? To introduce their kind to the Earth in the image of its own occupants.

Was it so that they could harm the planet and those within it? No. It was so that they could heal and lead everything and everyone in it.

But what good would the government be if there was nothing to govern. How could the boss man remain living in luxury if middle class citizens weren't caught in the death grip of poverty and struggle. How could Big Pharma profit without the sick and insane. How could the rich allow the everyday man to find for free the one thing their own money
couldn't?
Love. Peace. Happiness.

If they did the right thing, their livelihoods would unravel. So, they didn't. That was their downfall.

The year 2029 came around. The government and those high places weren't budging an inch. The people's questions turned into interrogations. Then to court cases. Then to revolt. Some answers came out in the chaos. A desperate attempt at the truth to say the least. The aliens were here. They were no longer contained. They walked amongst us. Hell, they even admitted they themselves had Kennedy shot in the streets of Dallas for wanting to share the existence of
aliens. Any truth to cover up the big one. Shocker.

The big truth remained painfully unanswered. Why were they here? The government and big wigs would never say. To them, their luxury was more important than our true freedom. Our children. Us. Our planet. So of course, the government did what the government does best. Lie, Hide and Breed Hate. Some of the people were made to believe that the aliens were here to harm. Others believed that the aliens were neutral. Too many believed that the aliens were to be used as slaves or sport. But just enough believed that it was time for a change.

By December 2029, nearly every establishment and building on the face of the Earth had been gutted and were in ruin. Either by the wrath of man or the Earth herself. The number of aliens and the number of humans had practically evened out. But the darkness of the human heart will never rear its ugly head. Especially, when things have gone terribly wrong and the only people to blame were gone. Still, many were deeply persuaded by the hatred-mongering the government had spat out in the people's ear in its dying breath.

The aliens were the enemy. Some hunted them down for sport. Some enslaved them. Most
discriminated against them. Few worshipped them. Even fewer helped them.

No one lacked a strong opinion.

It is 2043 and everywhere in the world was a dangerous place for the aliens if they were exposed. Being made human, cursed them with fear. Out of fear, they took one of two paths. Being cruel, suppressing their supernatural abilities, and adding to the chaos as to not be discovered. Or more than likely dying in an attempt to prove why they were there in the first place. To heal the Earth and its people. Or all would die.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setting:

3cca4c1c49c776df4ed196ff8c998508 (1).jpg
We are located in the dewy valleys and basins of north-western America. Nature is much more abundant than before. The number of saplings whose seeds had begun right where they had first tasted the dirt, was impossible to count. The only places left to walk was covered in moss as cold as the air that nipped your nose. Wet, frigid concrete peeked through the cracks in the greenery.

f0e254878e8e3c27452039ac1b470cd1 (1).jpg

Scattered to the sides of the mossy debris beds that were once streets, lay the carcasses of businesses and dwellings. If you pay attention to the separation of a home's gashed ribs or inside the exploded stomach of what looks to be a 7/11, you can see a faint light. It'd probably be best to not go over there. Don't approach those unless you're in a town.

393b01e865ed615e433a6d2040ce50f3 (1).jpg

Rivers flow blue and channeled freely, now that water is released from the grasp of man. Through the clear blue waters sometimes you can see fish swimming through drowned vehicles. Beware the fishermen.

57f5a8e327aae05154cd6df38fac3b5a (1).jpg

The sky is blue as sapphire, but the night sky is a spectacle to be hold. Powder puffs of space dust tap their way across the black canvas. The myriad of glows from stars near and far projected onto dust patches. Stars spray and explode across the black silken sky. The moon has once again returned to grace us with her light and beauty

Oh, and of course, the occasional alien craft.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

General Idea: A group of aliens and humans they go across the land experiencing the struggles that come with living in a land such as this.

Our group is made up of people at least 18 years old (due to the time frame)

- Three Childhood Best Friends (M/M/F) (One Alien, Two Human, Humans Will Have Been Raised to Hate Aliens, One Is Aware Friend Is an Alien, The Other Isn't Aware, But Happily Supports)

- Two Out-Of-Towners (M/F) (Best Friends, Two Humans Who Were Raised to Hate Aliens, But When They See What Happens In The First They Join The Group)

- Two Orphan Siblings (M/F) - (One Human Sister, One Adopted Alien Brother)

- Two Alien Half Siblings (M/F) - (One Half/Half, One Full Blood Alien))

Little Tid Bits:

1. We use weapons in this RP similar to the weapons used in See (on Apple TV). This is for the sake of sensitivity. But we'll take a poll over it once all the roles are filled. If the vote for "stronger" weapons is a complete yes and RP nation allows it. We'll add them.

2. Aliens and humans are almost the exact same when it comes to looks. But you can have something that makes them identifiable. For example. My character has freckles that glow in the night or when she gets emotional.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

1. Please do not post in the main RP page until the first post is written and up. I will send a PM out to all current role-players who have applied and accepted when I do so.
2. Please pay attention to all pages and read all the character sheets and so you can form a good character :)
3. Please keep all OOC chat in the OOC pages.
4. Please send all CS Sheets to my PMs, I need to accept them before you post them.
5. Powers must be something simple, helpful, good. For example, my character sings and takes on others pain or struggle.

Last edited:
For the roles in the childhood friends group, are the roles a specific gender? MontanaKaidence MontanaKaidence

I'm mostly just wondering because I'm interested in making the alien character from that friend group and I just wanted to make sure it was okay if I made them female.

For the roles in the childhood friends group, are the roles a specific gender? MontanaKaidence MontanaKaidence

I'm mostly just wondering because I'm interested in making the alien character from that friend group and I just wanted to make sure it was okay if I made them female.
Hello! I'm excited to see your character!

So, regarding the gender question, there are two friend groups. One from out of town, and the childhood best friends. The out of towners are both male. However, the childhood friends include a female.

Now that you mentioned gender, you have helped me realize something important. So, thank you. The male to female ratio is kind of unbalanced. So, I think I will be changing the out of towners to being one male and one female.

Hello! I'm excited to see your character!

So, regarding the gender question, there are two friend groups. One from out of town, and the childhood best friends. The out of towners are both male. However, the childhood friends include a female.

Now that you mentioned gender, you have helped me realize something important. So, thank you. The male to female ratio is kind of unbalanced. So, I think I will be changing the out of towners to being one male and one female.
So it would be fine if a I make an alien female from the childhood best friend group?

Just a reminder to everyone characters are on somewhat of a first come first serve basis. Once your character is approved by me THROUGH PM (send your CS through PM) I will let you know when to post them on the Character Page!

Also, please let me know if you are in the process of making a character that way, I do not recommend that position if someone asks what slots are available!

Also, please let me know if you are in the process of making a character that way, I do not recommend that position if someone asks what slots are available!
I'm still planning on making the female alien from the best friend group ^^ I was just a bit busy today since my class started.

Does the alien from the first group know he is an alien?
Okay, so full aliens generally are fully aware that they are aliens and have been from a young age. Right now SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles is working on the alien friend. BUT what I can do, is add a few more slots to even it all out. So you can both be aliens in the friend group. Or I can make another sole alien slot?

So to shorten all of that, I can either add a human or add an alien, or if you'd want a different character, that'd be okay as well. It's up to you :) Just let me know.

no that's fine I just wanted to ask the question if the alien in the "i don't like aliens" group/friend group knows they're an alien.

I think I am going for the alien orphan role (but am not for certain)

no that's fine I just wanted to ask the question if the alien in the "i don't like aliens" group/friend group knows they're an alien.

I think I am going for the alien orphan role (but am not for certain)
Ah, alrighty! My apologies.

One of them knows about the alien in the group, the other one doesn't.

MontanaKaidence MontanaKaidence Would you prefer for us to use realistic face-claims? Also I was thinking about a way for my alien character to be identifiable and I was thinking that maybe her fingernails change color depending on her mood which she would try to pass off as nail-polish

MontanaKaidence MontanaKaidence Would you prefer for us to use realistic face-claims? Also I was thinking about a way for my alien character to be identifiable and I was thinking that maybe her fingernails change color depending on her mood which she would try to pass off as nail-polish
So basically, I'd like anything other than sketches/anime. I love anime and sketches, but I'd like characters to be as detailed as possible in this RP. But that preference is completely optional. So if anime or sketches are the best way to to depict your character, that is perfectly fine :)

Ooo yes that would be perfect, I like that idea!

MontanaKaidence MontanaKaidence Should the characters be a certain age? Like should the childhood best friends be around the same age since they most likely grew up together?

MontanaKaidence MontanaKaidence Also, since the aliens were placed on earth secretly, would that mean they would have all been adopted into families?
Okay, so basically, I didn't know if I was allowed to put it on there. But some were placed as infants and some... ya know. But I didn't know exactly howww to approach that or if I was allowed to.

I'll go change the age range on the CS

Okay, so basically, I didn't know if I was allowed to put it on there. But some were placed as infants and some... ya know. But I didn't know exactly howww to approach that or if I was allowed to.

I'll go change the age range on the CS
I dont think I know what you mean. My DM's are open if you would feel more comfortable explaining there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back