• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Tenebris Final Fantasy (AU) (CLOSED)

Arcanist

It's always darkest before the dawn
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
Tenebris Final Fantasy

"A malevolent force is coming. Man will continue to abuse the Crystals for their own greed, their own self-worth, and once more, winds will cease, the waters will still, fires will endlessly burn, and the earth below our feet will fall to ruin. It will call forth the Light, once a beacon of hope, and it will shift into an ugly form to engulf the world in flames and suffering. The balance between Light and Darkness will be tipped once more, bringing chaos and ruin. But there is hope yet, hope within the darkest of shadows. A group of souls to be chosen by the Deities who will cleanse the Crystals and this world of the overwhelming light. The Warriors of Darkness will be called upon to restore the balance."
~ Neviah of the Gulgan

A thousand years ago, Oseros was saved from the devastating force of Darkness, by a group of souls known as the Warriors of Light, chosen by the Deities of Light and Darkness. Their power to cleanse the Crystals of Wind, Water, Fire, and Earth, allowed them to save their homes from total chaos and ruin. The balance between Light and Darkness was restored, and Oseros found itself at peace once again.

But only a few hundred years back did Neviah of the Gulgan - an ancient race of blind seers - forsee this peace to come to an end. Only this time, it was not the Darkness that threatened all, but the Light that all had come to revere and praise. Those who had heard the prophecy feared it, saw it as the end of days where the Warriors of Darkness would be the one to bring ruin to their world, not the other way around. Once again, man failed to see the folly of their actions, the foolishness of harnessing the Crystals for their own needs, and the faster it would place Light as the harbinger of the end times.

Oseros is slowly dying. Monster numbers are on the increase. Figures rising up under the guise of benevolent guises of Light to hurry along their own plans. The people seem blind to the end that they help to bring forward. The Deities have grown quiet in answering the people's prayers. Oseros may meet an inevitable doom...but there is hope yet, even within the darkest of shadows. The Warriors of Darkness will be called upon and will come forward.

Balance will be restored.
~~~
Hello! If you took the time to read over the summary I commend you fully. In short, this roleplay is set within an original AU of the Final Fantasy universe with a twist! Rather than save the world from Darkness, players will control the Warriors of Darkness, who are tasked with saving the Oseros from a surge of Light. I've always enjoyed the idea of a traditional 'quest to save the world theme' and loved it in the earlier games, though, I've always wanted to see how a story with the Warriors of Darkness would play out.

Preferably, I'm looking for 5-6 players max to try out this idea and would prefer detailed responses in RP posts! The links below will take you into more of the lore and some general rules (which may be updated for time with some more RP information). If this gets enough interest, I'll link people up to the character sheet. I'll also provide a Discord link to a group of those interested. Feel free to ask me any questions in the meanwhile!

Lore
Rules/Other Information

Last edited:
Read the lore, and interest check, looks good considering it's AU. You have my interest, and I hope this gathers more roleplayers.

What's the difference than regular warriors of light saving the world from rising darkness?

Basically it's the opposite way around - warriors of darkness saving the world from rising light. But they probably wouldn't be as revered or even appreciated like the Warriors of Light would be, given the good/evil connotations between the two forces.

Basically it's the opposite way around - warriors of darkness saving the world from rising light. But they probably wouldn't be as revered or even appreciated like the Warriors of Light would be, given the good/evil connotations between the two forces.
Ah, I see. So it's like we're a bunch of Naofumis. Ayy, I'm interested. Being an evil savior of the world doesn't sounds bad.

Eyy, that's four. Pleasantly surprised at the attention this has gotten in the space of a day. Got space for two more!

Do we must use a preset FF class/race or can we invent a new one? As long as it is not out of place of course.

The character sheet is now up.

Bumping! If no one else expresses interest here I'll be closing off the interest again to get started this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back