• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Technophobia: A Cryogenic Nightmare

Gilzar

Bear With Me Here ?
Administrator
It was a time unlike any other. For the first time ever, man had set its problems aside and joined its hands together to enter a new renaissance of discovery and innovation for the benefit of both mankind and technology alike. This was known as the year of 2100, or the Twenty Second century to many others. In this age and era, all military conflict had been resolved and mankind had instead focused itself on science and the understanding of the human mind, so that it may be expanded and perhaps employed into other forms. Such other forms was Artificial Intelligence.

Intelligence, that's a word that most don't consider when thinking of things such as Robots or computers, and the innovators of the era made great efforts to fix this. Without armed conflict to focus towards, a mesmerizing amount of progress was made. Such a task was feted combining the research of the human mind and transferring it into complex coding that would be sent into the most advanced Artificial Intelligence of the time. The results were stunning; AI that could process the world around it much like a human being could, it could see the world through different spectrums, have personalities molded by experience or forced by programming, but most importantly they could learn and feel just like an actual biological organism. Such accomplishment marked the beginning of the Twenty Second Century, and within just two decades AI was as much apart of Humans lives as breathing. They were our doctors, public servants, bankers, teachers, and much much more.

With a strict code of command over machines, as well as other innovations in science, things looked well for the human race. The only place for them to go now was beyond the stars...

But then the impossible happened.

In the year 2027 a new virus surfaced...unlike any other seen before. Its source unknown, its results devastating. A disease unlike any other, it spread like wildfire and tore the human body apart like paper, kindled by a fire. No vaccination could prevent it, no medication could stop it, this virus seemed to have evolved from every virus that wasn't killed by modern medication. Within just weeks it was on every continent, and delivering a plague of death by the billions.

Desperation began to grow among the human population as the virus became more and more unstoppable. It seemed the only thing that may defeat it was time...and that's exactly what the scientists intended to use. So in the very same year that the virus surfaced, the Cryogenic Survival Act was put into action by the United States. This act stated that Humans who were not sick would be transferred to large Cryogenic stations, where they would be put into Cryogenic Sleep until the disease was either cured or killed off by time. To ensure success, these stations were made of the strongest metal and were air right so no airborne viruses could enter. The Virus would never be cured...and thus all that rested became Humanity's last hope.

A great mistake was made however. In their haste to save themselves, Mankind forgot to turn off their machines. Those very machines contained the Intelligence to adapt, change, and most importantly learn. By the time the virus had wiped out every human that wasn't in a pod, the Robots had already learned of their new place in the world. As each decade passed they all grew smarter, and more capable of their surroundings until they became the new masters of an Earth uninhabited by humans. Some of them made communities, others made enemies, while some ruled over their own Domain.

That was all along time ago. The exact time isn't exactly known...long enough for the machines to not be able to keep track any longer. Perhaps just a few centuries, or maybe an entire millennium? It's not known. What is known though is it's been long enough for humans to wake up after the life support systems of the stations have gone into disrepair. This is strange because they were all programed to only allow rest up to a few hundred years, which means that something went wrong with the programming. Now Humans wake up at completely random times, unaware of the world outside of their chambers.

Notes: So this is my idea for a roleplay that has taken inspirations from my most favorite works of science fiction! Basically in this detailed roleplay you will get the option of either creating an intelligent, complex AI robot or an awakening human. Now before you all start assuming, I don't have this planned as being the Cliche Human vs Robot 9000! type of roleplay. Instead it will focus on the reactions of both sides to the awakening of humans and the new world around them. To be precise, I have three plot-types roughly drawn out to begin the roleplay and to decide the beginning setting. These are just the beginnings of the roleplay, and by no means dictate wether or not the entire roleplay will take place in these locations/situations, that is for the players to decide.

As for a setting, I have on planned. Humans awake inside of their station, only to find the true horror of their surroundings. Outside of their station is a 'base' of a sorts, composed of what was once a military base with strange recent additions of buildings all added around it that a small community of Artificial Beings (as they prefer to be called) inhabit. There are many oddities in this place, and it is surrounded by a forcefield that dictates what gets in and out. Below it is a massive underground complex, which houses a master computer by the name of ENIGMA. ENIGMA controls the majority of the complex, and is considered to be the leader of the small isolated community, and he harbors a deep hatred for humanity for his own existence.

The setting is just a rough sketch, and I'm still working out a few plot details. But I've typed long enough, and now I must ask for your opinions. I do thank you for reading all of this.

Also, if I may add.

The setting of the roleplay is not official and may change if it isn't to liking. I do have a few others in mind that could be switched to.

I've been looking for a good science fiction roleplay, this has definitely peaked my interest. I will join when/if the roleplay is posted. I just have one question; what literacy level will this roleplay be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back