World Building Teccliani: The World of the Holy Light

boo.

keep precious things
What I'm about to show you is my baby. I started it in late February, but it was only until recently that I've been able to put actual effort into it. It needs work, but I'm proud of it.

Any RP's that would spring from it would be an open world/free range sort of thing, with people able to make any kind of characters they wanted, all the while working toward a common goal. There's a rich history that I'm not ready to show yet, although there are several allusions to it and a brief summary in the first doc.

I'm looking for some criticism, hopefully constructive, and creative people willing to help a drained soul out. Perhaps you have some ideas for lore, perhaps some new groups you think could fit into the world. Heck, I could even use some help with festivals.

The first doc contains general info and goes over the basic geography of Tecc: click here! (tip: you can click on the name of locations to see a picture of that place)

The second goes a bit more in-depth, going over sentient species, religions, and the like: click here!

The third is just a bit of "scripture" that I barfed up one night: click here!

So, give me what you can, and perhaps tell me what you think. Full-time collaborators would be awesome to find.

UPDATE

I have never been so inspired to keep at a project of mine. After several weeks of status quo, I have been pondering what I could do to make Tecc accessible to everyone.

Thus, I have decided to not make one RP based on this world, but rather several, spanning the map and telling the stories I could never dream up on my own. First, however, I will push to create a "test", in which several players, as well as myself, will take the positions as members of the Copper Ravens. This RP will be a short adventure that focuses on how Tecc fares when handled by several people. It will allow me to know what I can change, what I can retain, and what needs fleshing out.

In addition to this, I'm going to possibly start a 1x1 or two that deal with different parts of the world; more specifically, the dangers of the Salvation cult and the hidden strains between Kel and Hythe.

I am still looking for a collaborator(perhaps more than one) that would be willing to help me on some projects, as well as people I could trust to possibly use Tecc in other worlds.

Sounds crazy? Yup. But I won't let my ambition die out.

To reiterate: I want some new, ambitious creators with a passion for weaving stories. I want some experienced veterans that share their trade secrets. But most of all, I want the writers that love writing for what it is.

If there's a roleplay endeavor that I admire, it's ambitious worldbuilding. Kudos to you for sticking with it. A few different roleplays set in your world sounds like a fine way to sink your teeth into it. I imagine a short story or two could also go along way in capturing the tone and essence of what you have in mind.

If I had more free time I'd be interested in helping you. But since I don't, the best I can offer is encouragement to continue breathing life into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back