• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tears of the Phoenix - Previous

Name/Age: Clairabelle Cartwright
House/Role: Slytherin/First Year
Pet/Patronus: Snow Owl/Arctic Fox
Wand: Pine, 11 inches, Quite Rigid, White River Monster Spine, Ryuusei Cartwright
With: pierre gurrer and anwen butler
Mood: Confident

Another girl joined the compartment before sitting down before saying a word.
Her dedication to the book rather than to the other two in the compartment made Clairabelle feel like she was probably a Ravenclaw. Or would likely be put in Ravenclaw.
Clairabelle decided to pay no mind to her. She didn't seem to want to be bothered.
Pierre had asked if her parents had taught her any tricks...
"Some. I know we're not really supposed to know any magic before hogwarts but I'm pretty every parent teaches their kid alittle magic. It would be silly throw us in entirely blind if you ask me."
"What about you? Have anything to tell about your parents?"
Clairabelle still didn't really know too much about him. He seemed like he was pureblood but that honestly could mean anything. Although he seemed to well mannered to be from a poorer family.

honeylemon honeylemon ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Name, Age:

Elliot Oakes, 17

House, Role:

Ravenclaw, seventh-year student
19122016-by-lyn-chyan-dasdurx-pre.jpg
Pet, Patronus:

Black cat, Raven

Wand:

Beech, 11’, flexible, phoenix feather, Ollivander

With: Alison, Allura, Cassia, Nathan, Sean
Mood: Satisfied

Oh, thank goodness. There was room for him in the compartment. In fact, his presence had been quite welcomed. A spot was made available for him as soon as his presence was noted. Then again, someone barging into your compartment really wasn’t easy to ignore. Without another word, Elliot closed the door behind himself.

He made his way to the spot that Cassia had opened up for him, sitting down while the cat that sat upon his shoulder hopped to his lap with practiced precision. It seemed as if the motion was habitual at this point. The cat often would be found perched on Elliot’s shoulder while at home.

Once settled, Elliot opened up the book he’d brought— an old looking thing that was tattered at the edges. It was long-lived and long-loved with loose pages stuck between various others. Notes were scribbled upon them as well.

He did mutter a thanks to Cassia though as well.

Name, Age:
Pierre Guerrer, 11
House, Role:
Ravenclaw, 1st-year student

boy_by_merrymei_d9fb8uu-fullview.jpg

Pet, Patronus:
Barn Owl "Louis", stallion
Wand:
Cypress, Dragon Heartstring, 10inch, french make

a

Mood: Getting comfortable and a little amused

Pierre watched in surprise and a little amusement as the dark haired girl entered the compartment without much ceremony and sat down by him. Only a wave to them beying the acknowledgement of their presence. Part of him was curious to what she was reading that absorbed her attention so especially as her seemed to go through the page so quickly. She also seemed to be a ravenclaw which further drew his interest to the point he almost didnt hear Clairabelles reply. "Hmm..."He said at first in reply before his mind caught up. "Oh excusez moi. Ah.. Oui, i was taught a little as well... Well, more than a little, my parents were...Big on my education though i am not sure how much i kept in."

OOC:

Name, Age:
Rin Lavesier, 11

House, Role:
1st Year Slytherin
588376-263283808a95c323d3446ece5fa0c233.jpg
Pet, Patronus:
Bengal cat named Midna, Ocelot

Wand:
Dogwood wood with a unicorn hair core, 14 ½", surprisingly swishy

With: Abigail (@BobRossMobBoss), Mari ( BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop ) and Fennox ( honeylemon honeylemon )
Mood: Calm

A hat. Interesting. She made a slight face at that thought. Disgusting. Who knew what sorts of things others had living in their hair! Ugh. Although if it had a spirit or personality, that wasn't such a good idea, eitherd. Weren't they taught not to interact with anything that could think for itselfm. Ridiculous.

"Well isn't that convenient for everyone else. I don't see why we cannot be told. Besides, it is surly not the first time we can for something out without being told. Books can hold informarion adults don't even think about." She pointed out with a smirk. "As for the trolley, it should be here momentarily or you can search for it. I've already eaten breakfast and an early lunch, so I do not need anything of it but you can get what you wish, miss late arrival."

OOC: I'm alive again!
]

Name, Age:
Katarina Sampson, 17
House, Role:
Gryffindor 7th Year
Kat.jpg

Pet, Patronus:
No pet, lion patronus
Wand:
Holly, 11 inches, phoenix feather core, extremely bendy, from Ollivanders

With: Hye ( Ayama Ayama )
Mood: Excited!

Kat grinned as she made her way onto Hogwarts express and started looking for a compartment. Chester and Marcus had seen her off, just like they always did. It was always nice to see them both off work in the morning together. Maybe they could even come visit her in Hogsmeade this year! Marcus did last year once, and Chester twice. But then again, both were so busy. She just had to value the time they had together. It wasn't as though they never saw one another and it was better now than when Chester was still in Hogwarts.
"BYE!!!!" She took a moment to lean out the door and wave to both of them, grin wide on her face. "I'll owl you when I get there! And I'll tell you about everyone and everything I find! Oh, and don't forget to send me lotsa letters!" she ordered with a last wave as Marcus facepalmed and Chester laughed.

She disappeared down the corridor, searching for an empty compartment. Well...a less full compartment, that was. It didn't seem like there was any place left that was empty. Her fault for being late, but she was distracted this morning. As she was most mornings. At least she hadn't gotten lost on the way to the train with Marcus and Chester. Last year had been an adventure with her getting separated before getting to King's Cross and then the two siblings having to hunt her down before they were too late for the train. She had only made it with seconds to spare last year, but not this time! This year, she was on time!

She grinned as she came to a mostly empty compartment and walked in, placing her shrunken trunk on a seat and sitting next to it.
"Hi. I'm Kat. I don't think we've met before, but it's nice to meet you. I'm a seventh year, Gryffindor, but all of the houses are nice so I don't really care what house you're in. Or are you a first year? Cause then you won't have a house until you're Sorted and that doesn't happen until tonight and we've still got a long time to wait until then so you don't really know yet, especially since first years aren't really supposed to know what their house is or how they get sorted necessarily. Especially since not everyone goes where they think they'll go. Marcus and Chester thought I'd be Hufflepuff, but I was sorted into Gryffindor instead." She grinned, bouncing slightly in her seat. It was hard to calm down with this being her final year at Hogwarts. Next year, she wouldn't be a student any more! "And now it's my last year, so I'm super excited! What about you?"

OOC: Happy Hump Day! Halfway through the week (and here's to a warmer weekend!)

Name, Age:
Thomas (Tommy) Oakes, 11

House, Role:
Hufflepuff, 1st year student
Tommy-faceclaim.jpg
Pet, Patronus:
Blue-grey cat, Basset hound

Wand:
English Oak, 10 inches, surprisingly rigid, unicorn hair

With: [Alison, Sean, and Elliot]

Mood: [anxious]

Elliot had said he was only going to the restroom, but it had definitely been almost ten minutes, and Mattie was trying to brush Tommy off now, too, saying he had friends he wanted to meet. Tommy was going to be faced with being alone on a train full of strangers... He'd much rather face the disdain of an irritated Elliot than the unknown, it was a thousand times easier. Mattie left before Tommy could even answer, even think to say that he wanted to come, and now Tommy was alone in an empty compartment. Well, empty except for Immie. "No use sitting about here, right, Immie? Let's find Elliot, 'kay?" Immie didn't reply, of course, just staring up at Tommy with his soft, round, thoughtful look. Tommy nodded, mostly to himself, and stepped out into the corridor, walking along it, Imsety at his heels, and peering through windows until he found the familiar face he was looking for. 'Ellie!'

Elliot was absorbed in a book, as usual, which was just fine with Tommy, he didn't need to talk to Elliot, just the security of being near him would be enough. Tommy grinned down at Immie, and then, as quietly as he could, opened the compartment door, immediately going wide-eyed upon seeing it full of strangers, but doing his very best to not fidget too much. "Ellie, Mattie left, so can I sit with you, please?" Tommy did his best to make his request as unassuming as possible, knowing very well that Elliot would just turn him away if he were too irritating, and hopefully quiet enough that his voice wouldn't interrupt the flow of Elliot's reading too much. However, the gazes of even just two strangers made him nervous, and he found himself gravitating toward Elliot subconsciously, reaching out to take a gentle hold of Elliot's sleeve.

OOC: hello!! it's nice to meet you all! I'll be trying my best! o7

Last edited:

Name, Age:

Elliot Oakes, 17

House, Role:

Ravenclaw, seventh-year student
19122016-by-lyn-chyan-dasdurx-pre.jpg
Pet, Patronus:

Black cat, Raven

Wand:

Pine, 11’, slightly flexible, phoenix feather core, Unknown maker

With: Nathan, Sean, Tommy

Mood: Back to Annoyed rip

Being able to sit in the compartment and relax with his book was incredibly pleasant. There was no one to distract him from the book sitting in his lap or from his own thoughts on the subject he’d been studying. Unfortunately, though, there was no way he’d be able to write down notes in the book. There was nothing to write with at the moment, and the continuous sway of the train wouldn’t do him any favors if he were to write anything down.

Part of him was annoyed due to his poor planning. He should have packed a pen into his carry on bag as opposed to keeping a few of them with his general luggage.

His relaxation was short lived though, it seemed. One of the very people that he was attempting to hide from was much quicker to find him than he had ever intended to be found (he really wanted to hide until their arrival, if possible), and Elliot’s gaze barely traveled from his book to the boy in the doorway. He could almost curse his younger brother, Matthew, for abandoning Thomas. He knew how much Elliot enjoyed his alone time, and these two that he currently sat with were being rather pleasantly quiet for the moment.

Oh well. He should have seen this coming, honestly. And he called himself a Ravenclaw.

Pointing to the seat across from himself, where his foot currently was pressed to the front of the bench, it was a silent invitation to join them. The bench beside Elliot was currently occupied, but across from him there was still a spot. Hopefully Tommy could sit there and entertain himself for the remainder of the trip. Maybe he could even make some friends. These other two looked like they were first years as well. Neither of them wore any emblem indicating their house.

But then, before Tommy could make his way to the seat, Elliot finally spoke.
“Fix your tie.” He muttered.

Meanwhile, the cat in his lap, Duamutef, peered down at Imseti, his tail flicking against Elliot’s lap almost angrily.

OOC: So, looking back at the posts, I think I got everyone in our compartment. I could be wrong though OTL With all of the changes recently, I feel more lost than ever pfft. If I forgot you, I’m sorry!! I’m checking the new posts as they come in, so hopefully it won’t happen again!

Last edited:

Name, Age:
Thomas (Tommy) Oakes, 11

House, Role:
Hufflepuff, 1st year student
Tommy-faceclaim.jpg
Pet, Patronus:
Blue-grey cat, Basset hound

Wand:
English Oak, 10 inches, surprisingly rigid, unicorn hair

With: [Alison, Nathan, Sean, and Elliot]
Mood: [calming down]

Not only had Tommy found Elliot quickly, but Elliot didn't seem too bothered by his appearance, either. That was good. And he even seemed to care just a little about Tommy's appearance in his robes, scolding about Tommy's tie so quickly. "Thank you, Ellie." Tommy let go of Elliot's sweater and sank into the indicated seat with a nearly inaudible sigh of relief. He tilted his head and squinted, trying to make sense of the title on Elliot's book, distracted when Imseti hopped up on his lap and pressed his paws against Tommy's chest, hunkering down and kneading Tommy's sweater, purring rather quietly, compared to usual. Tommy scratched behind Imseti's ears and leaned forward, kissing Imseti's forehead before gently extracting his messily-knotted tie from below Imseti and attempting to retie it.

His attempts were in vain, however, as Imseti was in the way, trying to headbutt Tommy's cheek repeatedly and instead bumping Tommy's hands. Additionally, Tommy did not know how to tie a tie to begin with, so his attempts wouldn't have been going very well either way. After a minute or two of struggling, Tommy's brow furrowed and he gently nudged at Imseti. "Immie, you're in the way..." His tone could hardly be called scolding, more so one of fond, mild frustration. Imseti meowed and bumped his head right against Tommy's forehead as Tommy slouched in his seat to try and encourage Imseti to move.

Name, Age:
Aniyah Chako, 15
House, Role:
Ravenclaw 6th Year Prefect
Aniyah (1).jpg

Pet, Patronus:
Brown and white short eared owl, Black adder patronus
Wand:
Holly, 12 inches, dragon heartstring core, unyielding, from Gregorovich

With: Dane ( CoachA CoachA ), Zona ( Rathian Diablos Rathian Diablos ), Hugo ( Bloodshed Bloodshed ), Ahn ( Ayama Ayama ), Ramaya ( Ayama Ayama ), Vincent ( Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna )
Mood: happy

Aniyah smiled as she came into the station. It was always busy and exciting. "Do take care, dear. We need you to make good grades and find a good husband." Her mother reminded as they moved to the barrier for the platform. Aniyah sighed softly but chuckled all the same.

"Your mother is right. Good grades are important." Her father smiled and tugged on her braid as they approached the wall. "But they will be easy for you. Our smart daughter." The couple smiled and nodded as Aniyah quietly made her way through the barrier and into the platform. The Hogwarts Express stood in all its garnet glory, red and gold shining bright as it reflected the nearby light. It was time to head back to Hogwarts castle and live the life of a student witch once more and she was ready.

"I'll owl you weekly, as always." She promised as she faced her parents. "Send me owls in return. Take care of yourselves as well. I'll miss you." She hugged them both farewell and kissed their cheeks farewell. It would be a great semester and she knew it. Aniyah climbed onto the train and slowly began making her way to the prefect car.

"Now, now. No fighting before the semester begins. Save that for the pitch. After all, new year, new players for the teams." Aniyah chuckled, throwing in her own thoughts from what she had managed to overhear. She stood at the entrance, looking at the prefects already gathered. It was a nice reunion in some ways. "And don't forget, things on the pitch can change in an instant. There is no guaranteed win until the Snitch is had. And even then." She laughed softly, shaking her head.

OOC: Okay, I think I've got everybody and everything. If I missed someone, sorry!

Name, Age:
Milo Stone, 18
House, Role:
7th-year Hufflepuff student

Pet, Patronus:
A brown rat, Saint Bernard
Wand:
Cedar, 9 ¼”, slightly flexible, unicorn hair core, Ollivander

With: Ahn, Aniyah, Dane, Hugo, Ramaya, Vincent, Zona

Mood: Enthusiastic, curious

Another year, huh? And his last one too. Hopefully it would pass smoothly for the freshly-turned-eighteen farm boy.

Leaving his family was always difficult, no matter the year. And, since it was his last, both of his parents were there to see him off. His father had expressed his joy in seeing his son turn into such a "fine young man", and his mother peppered his entire face with thousands of kisses. Both parents were always rather teary when sending their son off to school, but it seemed especially difficult for the pair this year.

No matter. Breaks came often enough for Milo to return home, and before anyone knew it he'd be there each day again. He only hoped that he could tear himself away from the duo before they decided to drag him right back to the family farm.

But after a few hundred more kisses and a rather extended hug for each of his parents, the whistle was finally blowing and Milo was quick to part ways with his parents so that he could rush onto the train. Suzie, his rat, had been rather giddy the entire time and she looked especially excited to get onto the train.

Likely due to being hungry for the crackers Milo made sure to pack for her.

~

Unfortunately, once Milo had made sure he was comfortable in one of the compartments, he noticed the rat was probably more curious about what the train had in store. He was comfortably pulling the crackers from his bag when he'd noticed the very distinct lack of warmth in his pocket. Oh, Suzie. She was always the troublemaker too...

Sighing, though not frowning, Milo decided it was best to look for her before heading over to his proper compartment. Prefects had their own.... Right? He just had to make sure he found the correct one this time (as last time he'd been stuck wandering the train for far too long).

With one last wave as he left the compartment, Milo turned into the halls and passed by other room as he looked from the ground to the window sills. Suzie had to be somewhere. There were so many people looking around for friends and for free compartments that he, honestly, wasn't sure where he could start looking.

At least there was a long ride to the school. Suzie would find her way back at some point, if he couldn't find her first, so maybe he should just wait for that...

It was nice to see so many young faces on the train. Little first-years were everywhere, and Milo couldn't wait to see what houses each of them were sorted into. If any were stuck in Hufflepuff, he'd e sure to welcome them with open arms. It seemed like a few of them made friends as well already. How nice.

At the back of his mind, Milo wondered if he should look for his friends as well.

He brushed past a particularly flustered-looking first year with a cat on his heel who was quick to delve into one of the compartments. Poor thing looked nervous, and Milo couldn't help but chuckle to himself.

But for now, he continued to wander the halls looking for his pet and then his proper compartment.

Unfortunately, though, it looked like quite a few students needed aid on their way around as well. Milo wasn't really one for speaking, but it wasn't so bad when he had to help others find their way to friends or to empty compartments. Fortunately, a lot of the older students seemed to at least recognize him as a bit of an authority figure (or someone who knew their way around the train. Milo wasn't sure which was more correct), so they couled easily find their way to a safer location than the halls.

At some point, during his search, he did end up spotting the rat. She had made hee way to the snack cart (of course. WhyWhy would Milo expect anything else?) And before she could scurry away again, she was promptly swiped from the cart before she could be noticed-- little squeaks coming from her as she was slipped back into the male's pocket where she belonged.

Now he really needed to find his compartment though.

In due time, Milo did spot a cabin with quite a few familiar face. Other prefects. Smiling to himself, Milo was quick to open the door after knocking twice. He gave his fellow peers a wave and then slid the door closed behind himself-- opting for the empty-most seat to park himself.

"Good afternoon. I hope your breaks were pleasant."

Honestly, he wasn't sure if anyone could hear his soft voice over the rumble of the train, but he was sure he'd at least get a couple of greetings in return.

I hope I got the cast list right OTL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back