Other Tattoos, tattoos!

NickOnTheReg said:
It takes awhile to do it but once done it is addicting and you'd want more. Start small if anything and add from there
I knowww. I want to get the Fairy Tail emblem on my wrist so badly. I doubt any series, book or TV, has touched me as deeply as Fairy Tail, save for Clannad, but I have to wait til later to get my Dango tattoo.

I shall be weeb'd out from head to toe and it will be both glorious and shameful.

Ayumi1203 said:
I knowww. I want to get the Fairy Tail emblem on my wrist so badly. I doubt any series, book or TV, has touched me as deeply as Fairy Tail, save for Clannad, but I have to wait til later to get my Dango tattoo.
I shall be weeb'd out from head to toe and it will be both glorious and shameful.
The fairy tail emblem is actually my next one. Should be next month that I'll be getting it. haha xD

NickOnTheReg said:
The fairy tail emblem is actually my next one. Should be next month that I'll be getting it. haha xD
I want to get mine next month too, haha! I'm thinking a simple blue with no black outline. A nice semi big one. Whenever I look at the emblem, I am filled with pride and hope. Stupid, I know, but Fairy Tail is the only anime that's ever really given that to me, and I've been mulling this idea over for over a year. :) Good luck!

Ayumi1203 said:
I want to get mine next month too, haha! I'm thinking a simple blue with no black outline. A nice semi big one. Whenever I look at the emblem, I am filled with pride and hope. Stupid, I know, but Fairy Tail is the only anime that's ever really given that to me, and I've been mulling this idea over for over a year. :) Good luck!
nothing about it is stupid. =) I have the strawhat pirate logo tattooed on me too. That color would look awesome. I'll probably get a red one, maybe green.

SnakebiteBlackPawn said:
I have a black widow nested in her web on the left side of my neck. If any of you ever watched NCIS, or encountered it, you know where the design came from. The story behind it is not that interesting. I got it on my 18th birthday as a present from me to myself. It was made by a friend who recently became a tattoo artist at that time. About the tattoo itself... I always adored spiders. Those delicate creatures never fail to fascinate me.
As for my plans. Later this week, I'm going to get the sigils of Jupiter and Saturn in a simple flower pattern. Jupiter will be on my right wrist, representing life and glory to balance Saturn on the left representing death and calamity. My faith, my religion if you please. It's much more complicated than that, but...I'm afraid it cannot be explained with words.

My ultimate goal would be a traditional Japanese irezumi bodysuit (Munewari and hanzubon). The back piece would be the picture of a Jorogumo, a spider youkai with her children clinging to the spider legs sprouting from her back. The rest of the tattoos along the black "scales" would most likely be traditional flower patterns, mostly spider lilies and cherry blossoms. And I'd adorn my upper arms with a few black rings, representing the years I spent battling my severe clinical depression. And of course there are many ideas, but the whole procedure of getting the tattoos will probably take decades, so...yeah. Wish me luck.
Is the black widow tattoo from that peppy goth girl on the show...? xD

But yeah, spiders are m i g h t y rad.

Even though I've never really thought of them as being delicate because I think I heard that they're resisting or immune to bug spray...?

(And who out there is about to start working out for arachnid spray, huh?)

BUT OHH H MAN

THOSE TWO TATTOOS

THOSE IDEAS ARE SO GREAT AND COOL AND LIKE ESPECIALLY THAT LAST ONE I JUST GET REALLY EXCITED JUST THINKING ABOUT IT S HIT

No explanation needed, hehe.

Good luck m8.

Ayumi1203 said:
AHHH I WANT TO GET A TATTOO SO BAD, AND I HAVE A FEW THAT MEAN SO MUCH TO ME, BUT I'M SO AFRAID OF NEVER SEEING THAT PIECE OF SKIN UNMARKED AGAIN
Hehe, just give it time to think about, there's never any hurry to get a tattoo.

At the very least, if you're just getting a small one (or two?) I feel like it couldn't ever be something you regret TOO much if you ever do. *w*

Pine said:
Is the black widow tattoo from that peppy goth girl on the show...? xD
But yeah, spiders are m i g h t y rad.

Even though I've never really thought of them as being delicate because I think I heard that they're resisting or immune to bug spray...?

(And who out there is about to start working out for arachnid spray, huh?)

BUT OHH H MAN

THOSE TWO TATTOOS

THOSE IDEAS ARE SO GREAT AND COOL AND LIKE ESPECIALLY THAT LAST ONE I JUST GET REALLY EXCITED JUST THINKING ABOUT IT S HIT

No explanation needed, hehe.

Good luck m8.

Hehe, just give it time to think about, there's never any hurry to get a tattoo.

At the very least, if you're just getting a small one (or two?) I feel like it couldn't ever be something you regret TOO much if you ever do. *w*
yeah, you're probably right. :)

I have one atm, what was suppose to be a Dragon, but I got it from a 16yo friend and her buy-off-the-net kit when I was like 14....so it's crap. I need to fix it but I'm too broke to do so atm so I just hide it or let ppl think "wtf is that?" hahaha

I want a full back piece eventually, and perhaps a half or full sleeve, I just know I'm not getting any dragons, wings, or a-typical stuff I see everyone with. (no offense) I want to draw or piece together a unique colorful design that no one else has....

I adore body art to death....SG's were some of my idols growing up, so yeah. I just can't afford it and I don't know anybody who can do them for free or for cheap so it'll probably be a long while before I can get the body art I want done, done.

Tattoo thread? :D yusssssss!

Well, I am currently unmarked but have been planning five for... about a year now. I really love seeing pretty tattoos and have a nice little board on Pinterest dedicated to them, heh ^^ But I personally have slight issues with long term commitments, so the idea of something so permanent has made me think on this for a very long time. All the ideas I've come up with have multiple meanings to me but on the whole, the ideas are centered on faith, bravery, freedom, being true to myself, and new beginnings. Much of the influence comes from experiences in my life that I've learned from, dark periods that helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel, and things that hurt to remember but that I don't want to forget. Writing, schools, music/lyrics, friends, and even my experiences here on RPN have all played a part in the tattoos I've been planning. I keep telling myself I'll get a tattoo when I feel I can afford it. But since I'm in college and planning to study abroad next year, and then after that I'll graduate and move and be jobless, and after I find a job I'll probably be poor still, just making enough to cover rent and having student loans...I wouldn't be surprised if I never get one >.<

petition to make tattoos free say aye

Haha, no, that would be so terrible for the tattoo artists.

They really deserve that money.

In any case, Midnight, I feel we're in similar, but slightly different boats.

I can at least get the long-term commitment thing so maybe in the end it would be better if you never got one...

I have a feeling that I'll never get one purely for the fact that if it's ever a tattoo I like, either 1. it's gonna' be generic 2. it will have so much symbolism it will be totally cheesy and I'll be hella embarrassed 3. I rush in with not enough prior planning and regret it for the rest of my life.

So yeah... I'll probably just go on with my life admiring other body art.

*comforting pat*

Pine said:
petition to make tattoos free say aye
Haha, no, that would be so terrible for the tattoo artists.

They really deserve that money.

In any case, Midnight, I feel we're in similar, but slightly different boats.

I can at least get the long-term commitment thing so maybe in the end it would be better if you never got one...

I have a feeling that I'll never get one purely for the fact that if it's ever a tattoo I like, either 1. it's gonna' be generic 2. it will have so much symbolism it will be totally cheesy and I'll be hella embarrassed 3. I rush in with not enough prior planning and regret it for the rest of my life.

So yeah... I'll probably just go on with my life admiring other body art.

*comforting pat*
Lol also if tattoos were free, everyone would be getting them all the time- it'd be a rare sight to see skin, as everyone would just be a walking tattoo haha.

Well some of my tattoo plans are rather generic >.<' and all of them have so much symbolism it's cheesy. Hence me not writing it all here xP But for me, tattoos have to be symbolic before I'll put them on my body. Like I think body art is super cool, but if it's just something I find pretty I'd rather have it on a canvas or something rather than etched into my skin, because of the commitment issues/fear I won't love it years down the road. Yet I feel like if I get something meaningful to my personal life/experiences, I won't regret it.

86d4980acf1b1c3f7aef9f3c1024508d.jpg

But that's just my thoughts on it, and I'm hoping that mentality will help me from becoming addicted to tattoos because I know that's a thing, and I can definitely see myself getting sucked into that Ink Life.

I haven't got any tattoos just yet, they unfortunately cost money that I don't have just yet, but I have a plan for two to go on the tops of both of my thighs. On my right thigh, I'm going to be getting a bulls head with flowers around the bottom and with gold danglies hanging from its horns. On my left thigh, I'm planing on getting a bull rearing up on its hind legs with the Taurus constellation superimposed over it with a starry background. I'm very excited to get them...when I have money, of course.

I have three tattoos. I love tattoos infinitely, and especially mine, as one of the only self sacrificing and life lasting art forms. It's painful and beautiful, and as an artist myself I'm somewhat smitten, which is probably how I ended up with this many already, and plans to have so many more.

(<3.<3)

1) I have the word "love" in a script text centered between my hip bones.

2) I have matching portraits of an elephant and a mouse, on my shoulder blades.

3) I also have the beginning of a sleeve on my leg that has pokemon, super mario, and the legend of zelda references within it.

All my tattoos allude to very important parts of my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I think they all need work, though I haven't quite convinced myself to invest the money properly. I have so many priorities, but I'm sure eventually I'll get around to it.

(B')

Jamiesue said:
I have three tattoos. I love tattoos infinitely, and especially mine, as one of the only self sacrificing and life lasting art forms. It's painful and beautiful, and as an artist myself I'm somewhat smitten, which is probably how I ended up with this many already, and plans to have so many more.
(<3.<3)

3) I also have the beginning of a sleeve on my leg that has pokemon, super mario, and the legend of zelda references within it.

All my tattoos allude to very important parts of my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I think they all need work, though I haven't quite convinced myself to invest the money properly. I have so many priorities, but I'm sure eventually I'll get around to it.

(B')
Pure awesomeness! Next month I'll get my 6th one. Then add more from there.

NickOnTheReg said:
Pure awesomeness! Next month I'll get my 6th one. Then add more from there.
Thanks! 6? Yeah, no, that's the pure awesomeness right there. I can't wait to have that many.

Do you mind me asking what all you have?

(^.^)

Jamiesue said:
Thanks! 6? Yeah, no, that's the pure awesomeness right there. I can't wait to have that many.
Do you mind me asking what all you have?

(^.^)
Left arm - Breast Cancer ribbon with "Find the cure" above it. Left elbow- Triforce (My 6th one will be my left forearm- Fairy Tail emblem)

Right arm- Brass Knuckles with "CTHC: This is a family" Flowing through it, Back of my left arm- Number "1" Bleach meaning. Strongest Espada xD Right forearm- Strawhat Pirate logo

NickOnTheReg said:
Left arm - Breast Cancer ribbon with "Find the cure" above it. Left elbow- Triforce (My 6th one will be my left forearm- Fairy Tail emblem)
Right arm- Brass Knuckles with "CTHC: This is a family" Flowing through it, Back of my left arm- Number "1" Bleach meaning. Strongest Espada xD Right forearm- Strawhat Pirate logo
Yeah, that's badass. High fives definitely the most on the triforce because I have one in my leg tattoo.

(B')

Jamiesue said:
Yeah, that's badass. High fives definitely the most on the triforce because I have one in my leg tattoo.
(B')
haha sickkk. I plan on adding a ninja turtle themed one to my body too.

NickOnTheReg said:
haha sickkk. I plan on adding a ninja turtle themed one to my body too.

That is too cool. I have younger sisters that are obsessed with TMNT, and I've actually grown kinda fond of them myself.

I was thinking about adding some to my leg for them, since I haven't figure a good family piece yet.

(>u>)

Jamiesue said:
That is too cool. I have younger sisters that are obsessed with TMNT, and I've actually grown kinda fond of them myself.

I was thinking about adding some to my leg for them, since I haven't figure a good family piece yet.

(>u>)
That would look really cool. I've grown up a huge fan since the 1990s. Seen all the movies, tv show. All the old classic ones. Donatello is my favorite.

MidnightAnew said:
omfg

I think there would still be a good number of people that wouldn't get a tattoo.

All the horror of saggy chesticles would scare the children.

Maybe.

And yeah, no problem with not wanting to share here.

A lot of tattoos get pretty personal so I totally 100% understand.

And yeah, my sister definitely started out "hypothetically" asking about tattoos.

She has like five now.

It's a thing.

I'm thinking more and more I'll just leave it to other people to pretty themselves up with body art for me to admire.

(did i already say something like that last night? idr)

EverBeenToSpace said:
I haven't got any tattoos just yet, they unfortunately cost money that I don't have just yet, but I have a plan for two to go on the tops of both of my thighs. On my right thigh, I'm going to be getting a bulls head with flowers around the bottom and with gold danglies hanging from its horns. On my left thigh, I'm planing on getting a bull rearing up on its hind legs with the Taurus constellation superimposed over it with a starry background. I'm very excited to get them...when I have money, of course.
Ohh, nice!!

Those sound mighty fancy.

Any specific reason for bulls?

Favorite animal, astrological sign or...?

Jamiesue said:
(<3.<3)

(B')
!! I really like the sound of the elephant/mouse one, that sounds so cute. *w*

MidnightAnew said:
Lol also if tattoos were free, everyone would be getting them all the time- it'd be a rare sight to see skin, as everyone would just be a walking tattoo haha.
LoL @ A Walking Tattoo.

I have to totally disagree with this though, there are way too many people who think tattoos are gross, dirty, or unholy lol

But even though I think the prices are pretty absurd, I do think tattoos would lose a lot of their uniqueness if they were free to get......if that makes any sense. lol

[QUOTE="Miss Electric Daisy]
LoL @ A Walking Tattoo.
I have to totally disagree with this though, there are way too many people who think tattoos are gross, dirty, or unholy lol

But even though I think the prices are pretty absurd, I do think tattoos would lose a lot of their uniqueness if they were free to get......if that makes any sense. lol

[/QUOTE]
Yes, that's true there are a lot of people who don't like tattoos and their appearance. The perception depends on the individual, as well as culture and time period, but I think that in general they're more accepted/common to see around now. I mean there are definitely some work places that don't allow them, but it depends on the profession.

And yes I agree about the prices- they're quite steep, but it does make sense. Like you said- it's unique. It's art that lasts for years on a body that sweats and stuff xP

*casually revives this*

I have no idea why it's taken me forever to figure this out, but yo... that one special, meaningful, not-too-cheesy tattoo that I was talking about? I could totally get behind getting a pine tree as a tattoo. Check this shit out.

30-simple-and-easy-pine-tree-tattoo-designs-for-everyone_original.jpg
tumblr_o1zo4eQ3jB1t7cjuzo1_1280.jpg
fb6e1a666ba67a38e9db06e1a63689a4.jpg
pine-tree-tattoo-10.jpg
At this point it isn't even so much a possibility as it is just a matter of me figuring out where to put it, the precise design I'm going for, finding an artist and finding the motivation haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back