• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tartarus Rising(Percy Jackson and the Olympians RP)

Hollycrest

ꀸꂦꈤ'꓄ ꌃ꒒ꀤꈤꀘ
Characters: Tartarus Rising: Characters

OOC: Tartarus Rising: OOC

Introduction:

In fair Camp Half-Blood, where we lay our scene,
from ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
where civil blood makes monstrous hands unclean.

However, the world of gods and monsters, a new evil has emerged, or rather, reemerged; Tartarus. His ascendance from the pit in which he was cast into is upon us. There must be a way to stop him!

Previous Campers: Wake up and enjoy your day. Make friendships with other campers, even romances if you have enough game.

Newcomers: You guys are assumed to have arrived last night and have just woken up in your respective cabin. Keep in mind that if your character is a newcomer then he/she is still very unfamiliar with everything. Perhaps you can find a veteran camper to help you find things.

Ground Rules:

1) No meta-gaming.

2) No god-modding.

3) Ask for permission if you wish to join an existing scene.

4) No harassment.

5) Don't bring arguments to the RP and OOC. Take it to PMs or something please. Be mature about it.

6) I and any possible staff have the final say.

7) No mary sues.

8) Have fun.

9) I can make any existing rule if needed.

S n o w S n o w Yarrow Yarrow M Class M Class BackSet BackSet erzulie erzulie ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart Abendrot Abendrot that1aj that1aj Shnuydude Shnuydude Nico Nico explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Arael Arael @All those other people Lork mentioned that I'm too lazy to tag(Lork, that's your cue)

(Ok I have to admit I ended up reading the beginning in the voice of e narrator from the animated grinch movie. I'm just going to make a post sooo...)

Arc woke up with a yawn. He was in the Athena cabin as usual. That was a good thing. Last time he had fallen asleep in another cabin he had gotten stuck with dishes for a week. He fell asleep in other cabins rather often. Usually the Hypnos cabin. Granted that made sence considering hypnos's status as the God of sleep but still. He woke up, got out of bed, and started doing his usual early morning thing.

gold_by_astrisjursen-day795o.jpg

☂ ✦ ☁ ☾​
1897715_1.gif
Look for her as your eyelids grow heavy, or as dusk settles upon the land like a comforting blanket.

Andromeda Sinclair
Andromeda woke up slowly, she wanted to go back sleep. It didn't help that the beds were so soft and plush and that there was soft violin music playing in the background. Considering which God the cabin belonged to it really wasn't too surprising. If she stayed in bed she'd probably miss a lot. She itwould be best for her to get out and get ready for the day. She had only arrived last night so naturally she didn't know a lot about the camp. She only knew that it was sort of a sanctuary for demigod children. Andromeda climbed out of bed and went through her morning routine. Once she was dressed and presentable she headed towards the door.

"I'll have to find someone to show me around..." She thought. There were bound to be veteran camp members around to help. Andromeda looked around the camp. It really was a sight to behold. If it were for the obvious differences it could almost pass as a normal camp. Andy began to get lost in her thoughts, her mind wandering to the detail of the others cabins to the mythical creatures around. She walked aimlessly, humming to herself lightly. There was a far away look on her face.
ea84c0068887f76a848b896894eaf2f2.jpg
Mentions: None
Interactions: None

code by pasta

Elias woke up groggily in the Hecate cabin, he sat up with tired eyes and remembered last night. So apparently you get "claimed" by your godly parent so the camp knows where to put you, the satyr said if i wasn't claimed when i was 13 then when i entered camp i would be. The holographic image that appeared over his head last night confirmed his idea that his mother was Hecate, so he was put with his new siblings. Instead of properly greeting them however he left shortly after getting changed, he wanted to see what else this camp had. He heard some metal on metal clanging and after deciding to find out what it was, he found himself in the arena.

He gazed at the other campers practicing their combat skills, he wanted to join in but didn't really know how to ask. 'Hello, my name's Elias, can i hit you with this sword please!?' even as horrible as that sounded in his head, he was absolutely sure it would sound even worse out loud. It probably wasn't helping that the sun was in his eyes so it looked like he was glaring at everybody with his arms crossed. Anyone who even might have wanted to practice with him was probably already put off by the look on his face. So he just continued to watch for now.

Waking up in her new home for the summers to come, AJ looked around. 'I wonder if there are any veteran campers around.' Getting up, she put on an orange Camp Half-Blood shirt and a pair of shorts. Walking around, she found herself at the archery range, where she saw that there was a bow and quiver. Grabbing them, she started shooting.

( BackSet BackSet It's a parody of the introduction to Romeo and Juliet, except I only used the first 3 lines XD)

Sonatina Cappella

Tina was a mess.
She groggily rolled out of bed, still half asleep. She'd been up working on song lyrics the majority of the night, and had only gone to bed at 3 AM; a nasty habit she'd picked up ever since entering this camp three years ago.
"Ugh...stupid brain...I could use some coffee."
Tina left her laptop and guitar on her bed as she went to freshen up. Once she was done, she threw on a pair of freshly ripped jeans and an orange camp T-shirt, nearly starting out the door. However, she paused before she could exit the cabin and turned around, grabbing her guitar by the neck. It shrank into a smaller plastic object with a sort of ring at the top; a kazoo. She stuck it in her back pocket for easy transportation.
Starting outside, Tina woke herself up with a quick breakfast consisting of a waffle and a shot of espresso before starting down to the archery range. She didn't like to shoot, but most of her half-siblings were usually there in the mornings...and afternoons...pretty much all day, really.
One of those siblings was present now. However, Tina didn't recognize her as one of the usual bunch. She didn't even have a bead necklace on. Clear sign she was a newcomer.
"Hey." Tina called out to the girl, walking up next to her. "You're a pretty good shot."

that1aj that1aj

------

Hearing someone coming up behind her, AJ slung the bow over her shoulder. "Thanks! My mom always wanted me to be prepared for the apocalypse, and all of that nonsense." Pausing for a moment, she then stuck her hand out to the girl. "I'm AJ, by the way. Daughter of Apollo."

Hollycrest Hollycrest

AdrianEat, sleep, fight, repeat.

That had been the structure of Adrian's days for the past week. Admittedly, that had pretty much been her daily schedule for the last few years, though she never realized how dully repetitive it felt until a few days ago. For one thing, she found little opposition when sparring with anyone other than her own siblings, especially when it came to single combat. Few could ever hope to match the children of Ares in battle, much less pose a true challenge to them. Even working with the influx of new campers did little to shake her from this tedium. In the end, Adrian often found herself feeling more disappointed than triumphant as she walked away from each victory.

Hence the reason why she almost felt like yawning as she brought her training axe down on her sparring partner's shield. The sheer force of her blow had been enough to send her opponent, a skinny son of Athena, tumbling through the dust. The boy made a panicked attempt to retreat, trying and failing to pick himself up as her siblings laughed. Adrian was standing over him with her upraised axe, ready to whack this kid over the head once more when her victory was interrupted by a shout from behind her.

"Hello, my name's Elias! Can I hit you with this sword, please?"

And what have we here? Adrian thought as her brothers and sisters burst into yet another fit of laughter. Smirking, Adrian let the axe fall to her side as she turned to face the one who just shouted. Her eyes found a tall-ish boy standing with his arms crossed. He was fair-skinned with wavy brown hair, keen blue eyes, and what could only be described as a resting bitch face. "A newbie!" Adrian shouted, smiling openly as she marched over to Elias. In all honesty, this one looked like the kind of guy who could hold his own in a fight. Yet even so, the words that just came out of his mouth all but ensured the beatdown she was going to have to dole out. "Alright new guy." said Adrian, pressing a finger against Elias's chest. "You look like you're worth my time. How'd you like to find out what the ground tastes like?"

Shnuydude Shnuydude

Last edited:
Tina smiled and shook. "Sonatina. Also a daughter of Apollo, actually. But you can just call me Tina." She placed her hands behind her head and stared down the range at the target AJ had been shooting at. "So...you new here?"

that1aj that1aj

"Nice to meet you. And yeah, I got here last night. I'm guessing you aren't?" AJ said, looking at Tina, who was staring down the range at the target AJ had been shooting at.

Hollycrest Hollycrest

Tina nodded. "Yep. See, this necklace shows you how long certain campers have been here. Each bead stands for a year."
She held out the yarn necklace around her neck to AJ which had two clay beads on it. Accompanying it was a bronze choker of some sort, but Tina seemed more focused on the bead necklace. With that, she looked back down the range at the target.
"Yeah, something tells me you'll fit right in with the other kids in our cabin. Unlike myself..."

that1aj that1aj

"What do you mean, unlike yourself? Do you not shoot, or...?" AJ asked, still looking at the necklace and the beads. Wow, those beads are beautifully made! Do they get them manufactured and shipped, or do they hand-make them? If they're handmade, I want to meet whoever makes them. No doubt.

Hollycrest Hollycrest

Tina raised an eyebrow to think about it. "Last I checked the senior counselors make them." She nodded solemnly and shrugged at AJ's former question.
"Yeah, I'm afraid I wasn't born with the gift of perfect aim...or even good aim, for that matter. Last time I was here I smashed a few windows..." She pulled the kazoo out of her pocket and twirled it between her fingers.
"I'm more musically inclined. I guess I was just born to pluck different strings."
Before AJ's eyes, the kazoo grew in a flash of light until Tina was holding a black acoustic guitar with shiny strings and a golden lyre painted on the body. She sat in the grass and experimentally strummed a few chords. They came out quite beautifully, but Tina knit her eyebrows for a moment after playing them.

that1aj that1aj

"Whoa, nice guitar!" AJ said, sitting down next to Tina. "I actually play tenor sax... I should've brought it with me! How about we make a deal: you teach me how to play guitar, and I'll teach you how to shoot! Huh?"

Hollycrest Hollycrest

Tina raised an eyebrow. "Tenor sax, huh?" She looked down at the guitar and it began to glow again, until she was holding a custom tenor saxophone with a fresh reed. Tina managed a dry smile. "You're welcome to borrow this whenever you want. And I could do that, but if you wanna teach me how to shoot...well, you might have your hands full."

that1aj that1aj

Elias knew it was a stupid comment, one he didn't even really mean to say out loud. He didn't know it was gonna attract this much attention though, the worst part of it was that now hes got some mean looking girl in his face. He was getting upset but he wasn't gonna let that show, people like her usually love it when you do, he would just be fueling her fire. Besides the last time he tried fighting away a problem he immediately regretted it, so he decided to try and play nice for now. He took a step back from her, not because he was afraid, but he wanted leverage just in case this didn't play out like he wanted it to, and its easier to hold your ground with one of your legs back for support.

He uncrossed his arms, his voice quiet as he spoke. "I just wanted somebody to p-practice with, I'm not looking for a fight..." As hard as he tried he couldn't keep the stutter out of his voice, its been so long since he'd spoken to anyone besides his dad so its hard for him, he couldnt even look her in the eyes so he just lowered his gaze and was staring at her neck while he spoke. He was hoping she would decide he wasnt worth her time since getting in a fight on the first day seemed like a poor decision.

Abendrot Abendrot

"Oh my... Tina, it's beautiful!" AJ exclaimed, clapping her hands together excitedly. "And I do want to teach you how to shoot. But first, can I...?" AJ trailed off, looking at the tenor longingly.

Hollycrest Hollycrest

Taking the saxophone, AJ thought back to the times when she was in marching band. "Have you ever heard Phantom of the Opera?" she asked Tina. After asking, she started playing Centuries, as that was the only song she remembered off the top of her head.

Hollycrest Hollycrest

Adrian
"I just wanted somebody to p-practice with, I'm not looking for a fight..."

"Practice?" Adrian quirked an eyebrow. "This is how we practice, newbie." she declared, gesturing to the entire amphitheater. It was beautiful, really. Behind her were maybe a dozen pairs of kids sparring with each other to the tune of steel on steel. Shouts of pain and indignation rang out over the clangor of metal, but despite all this, their training weapons had blunted edges that hardly ever inflicted injures any worse than a shallow cut. Looking back at Elias, Adrian found him shifting under her gaze, his downcast blue eyes betraying the slightest hint of uneasiness. After a long moment of silence, she tossed aside her axe, though she kept her eyes firmly locked on his. "Tell you what." she offered. "Since you're new around here, I'm not going to kick the crap outta you this time. Pinky promise." With that, she strode over to one of the innumerable racks of weapons, selecting a medium-length training xiphos which made a slight metallic scrape as she pulled it free. "But if you're still looking for lessons. . . " Abruptly, she tossed the sword through the air for Elias to hopefully catch. "We're always here."

Shnuydude Shnuydude

Last edited:
Kady sat on top of one of the sand dunes on the beach, she sunk into the dune a little making a make shift seat for her. She hadnt slept much the night before or any night since her return to the Camp. She had left the camp a couple of weeks ago with Charons permission to deal with a family issue and had come back sad and uncertain. The camp once thought of as home for her and source of excitement seemed to had lost it luster. It didnt feel right being there despite knowing that what she learned here is useful .

Yawning, Doona sat up in her bed and looked around noticing what she could only assume was her half brother. She quickly got up and quickly got changed in to her new camp t-shirt and a pair of jeans, she would have used her clothes from yesterday but she ended up falling asleep in them, As soon as she hit the bed last night she fell asleep from the sheer tiredness she has felt traveling on her own to get here.

Brushing her birds nest of her hair, she thought to herself what the other campers would be like and if she will get along with them. Pulling her quiver and a pair of boots from under her bed, Once the boots were on she strapped her dagger in its leather sheath under the boot on her right leg and the quiver was strapped tightly on her back. As Doona walked out of her cabin she grabbed her bow which was leaning near the exit of the cabin.

Arc left the cabin quietly. He didn't want to wake up anyone who might still be sleeping. I wonder when breakfast is. He thought. He wasn't paying attention to where he was going and accidentally tripped over a camper. He looked around and realized he was on the beach. How did I get here? He wondered before realizing he had the more pressing matters of tripping over somebody. He turned to the person he had tripped over and said a hurried apology. "I'm really sorry!" He said with a tone that reflected what he was saying. "I didn't see you there. Honest."

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

BackSet BackSet
Kady was so lost in thought she didnt hear arc approach behind her until he felt something kick the back of her head and fall on her. She cried in pain and surprise as she tried to analyse what happened. "Arc...Gods dammit... "She cursed wrapping the back of her throbbing head. "You could have knocked me out!". She frowned at his words. "You didnt see the mob of black hair in a black and brown? You would think children of Athena would know to look where they are going."

Arc had to admit that he was a little embarrassed. "I was just lost in thought." He said defensively. "I was... Mostly thinking about food." He admitted. He was a bit glad he had tripped over Kady. If he had tripped over a new camper he would have been super worried. New campers tended to freak out more than older campers. Some took it better than others but it was a lot to take in, your parent being a god(ess) and all.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Users who are viewing this thread

Back