• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tartarus Rising: Characters

Yep... 5 am here.

Scratch that: 5:31

I see. Usually I'm less of a night owl and more of a morning person but I drank too much coffee before bed this time around.
Anyways, you're accepted but I have to ask; would you consider having your first post be a flashback of you arriving the previous night?

I see. Usually I'm less of a night owl and more of a morning person but I drank too much coffee before bed this time around.
Anyways, you're accepted but I have to ask; would you consider having your first post be a flashback of you arriving the previous night?

No problem, gonna probably post this now and MAYBE head off.

Bruh it's WAY past 2AM EST

Yep... 5 am here.

Scratch that: 5:31

No problem, gonna probably post this now and MAYBE head off.

You people are crazy

You were posting when it was past 3 AM where I am

Name: Amelia Cecily King

Godly Parent: Iris

Amount of time spent at camp(if your character is new then put newcomer): 10 years.

Personality: Amelia is generally an antisocial girl, one who you generally don't see or don't hear until she's right next to you. But more or less, you'll see her or you don't if you aren't looking for her. She tends to keep away from the crowds and usually is most often or not on her own or with her pegasus. She may always seem like she's in a bad mood, but it's mostly a facade since she's insecure and often feels as if people look down on her because she can't see. If she isn't with her pegasus, she'll either be with Chiron, since he's one of the few people at camp that she truly trusts even if her 'mother' sent him to get her.

Likes: Drawing/Painting || Shade || Horses/Pegasi || Being on her own || Blueberries || Being able to do things on her own without someone always being there

Dislikes: Her mother || When people stamper and correct themselves about 'seeing' something (ex. You should have seen- uh uhm I mean wish you were there.) || When people comment about stumbling around like they were blind || Anything bright || Pineapple || Empousa (The nurse that tried to kill her was one) || Being treated like she's fragile

Fears: Being in the air

Aspirations: To be able to finally prove to herself and everyone that just because your blind, that you don't always need help.

Face-Claim: (Isabel Durant)
latest

Height: 5'3"

Weight: 110lbs

Hair Color: Dirty Blonde

Eye Color: Milky white/grey, she's blind.

Backstory:

Amelia King was born February 5th, two years before the partial lunar eclipse. Due to where she was on that day, her fragile eyes were exposed to the harsh rays of the eclipse, blinding her completely. Besides that, she grew up on her own, as her father never came to claim her and the woman that had given birth to her seemed to have disappeared into thin air according to the nurses.

When she hit the age of seven, one of the nurses that she had grown to know, tried to attack her but was blinded by something she couldn't see obvious and was picked up by someone. Her mother, having been keeping an eye on Amelia, had sent for Chiron to come get her blind daughter, after all she wasn't directly interfering. The Centaur of course complied before explaining to Amelia just exactly who she was and who her mother was.

So Amelia ended up staying with Chiron and growing up at Camp Half-Blood, she resents her mother for leaving her and for doing something sooner. She also blames her mother for her blindness, even though that wasn't her fault. She harbours quite a lot of dislike for her mother for just simply abandoning her, she has no idea who her father is but is thankful he isn't in her life at all because she has a much better father figure in her life.

Growing up within the confines of camp were tough for Amelia, considering she sometimes wasn't aware that she wandered outside of the camp. But she usually had company with the animals, her closest and bestest friend being one of the pegasi that lived in the forest and occasionally stayed at the stable. Most campers often stayed away from her due to how temperamental she was but that's only because she found them to be unworthy to ride her as they did not know her name. And only the one who knew her name could ride her, of course Amelia never tried asking for her name but she did learn it, it came to her in the form on a vision. She hasn't tried to ride the pegasus, after all, she can't see and feels a bit nauseous when she isn't on the ground.

Abilities/Skills:

Supernaturally increased Speed - Not that she uses it much considering she's blind, but she can use it should she need to escape and has the adrenaline for it.
Animal Whisperer - She can speak and communicate with animals and mythical creatures. (Monsters aren't included as they aren't Animals)
Light of Touch - She has control over light itself and is able to manipulate and bend it to her will, using it however she choses. To making simple objects out of it, or weapons in which she can only wield. Most of the time she probably just creates whatever is on her mind out of light when she's by herself. They are mostly illusions... except for when she needs them most/in the head of battle.
Kaleidoscope Vision - Much like her mother can create rainbows and is in charge of the Iris Messaging system, she can do something similar, she can send messages to other people whether it be within their mind or through a rainbow in which she can create thanks to her Photokinesis ability.

Extra: The Pegasus' name is Auriga and she looks like this.

Last edited:
Name: Elizabeth Sullivan

Godly Parent: ares

Amount of time spent at camp(if your character is new then put newcomer):
New

Personality:
Elizabeth is an oddity for hear steadfast refusal to fight even when attacked. She tries to remain calm in most situations not wanting to get angry. She is a rather nice person always willing to help or defend another even her engines at times. She would rather talk something out over fight.

Shields
Defending others
Peace

Dislikes:

Violence
War
Death
Fighting

Fears:
Angrophobia

Aspirations:
to live a peaceful quiet life maybe have a few kids.

Face-Claim:
girlpaleredhairredheadsnowwinter-1c4e70ed34d521c7319a7d7699c5cbe1_h.jpg

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 105 lbs

Hair Color: red

Eye Color: blue

Backstory: I
t is Elizabeth's upbringing that has made her such an oddity. Her mother was a drill sergeant that didn't know how to leave her attitude at work. So Elizabath grew up with an eternally angry person yelling at her for any minor infraction. It got so bad she developed a fear of actully getting mad herself thinking she would become her mother.

It wasn't until 3 years ago that she decided to swear off fighting when she was told her mother had been killed. Elizabeth perhaps stupidly blamed the military and war itself on this loss and with a hatred of violence that had been growing for years she decided she would try her hardest to never hurt others.

This promise didn't help her when a mobster attacked her in her foster home. She was saved by a satyr who happened to be nearby. She has recently been brought to camp half blood and sorted.

Abilities/Skills:

Extra endurance: she has more endurance and tolerance to pain than most even other demigods

Extra:
Her weapon of choice is a shield.

You people are crazy

You were posting when it was past 3 AM where I am

Hey man, blame the frappucinos for being so damn good

Name: Elizabeth Sullivan

Godly Parent: ares

Amount of time spent at camp(if your character is new then put newcomer):
New

Personality:
Elizabeth is an oddity for hear steadfast refusal to fight even when attacked. She tries to remain calm in most situations not wanting to get angry. She is a rather nice person always willing to help or defend another even her engines at times. She would rather talk something out over fight.

Shields
Defending others
Peace

Dislikes:

Violence
War
Death
Fighting

Fears:
Angrophobia

Aspirations:
to live a peaceful quiet life maybe have a few kids.

Face-Claim:
girlpaleredhairredheadsnowwinter-1c4e70ed34d521c7319a7d7699c5cbe1_h.jpg

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 105 lbs

Hair Color: red

Eye Color: blue

Backstory: I
t is Elizabeth's upbringing that has made her such an oddity. Her mother was a drill sergeant that didn't know how to leave her attitude at work. So Elizabath grew up with an eternally angry person yelling at her for any minor infraction. It got so bad she developed a fear of actully getting mad herself thinking she would become her mother.

It wasn't until 3 years ago that she decided to swear off fighting when she was told her mother had been killed. Elizabeth perhaps stupidly blamed the military and war itself on this loss and with a hatred of violence that had been growing for years she decided she would try her hardest to never hurt others.

This promise didn't help her when a mobster attacked her in her foster home. She was saved by a satyr who happened to be nearby. She has recently been brought to camp half blood and sorted.

Abilities/Skills:

Extra endurance: she has more endurance and tolerance to pain than most even other demigods

Extra:
Her weapon of choice is a shield.

Approved

StarrySkyofLostSouls StarrySkyofLostSouls Can I just say I love your ideas? They're really interesting...

Superhuman Speed: I feel like this should only work if she has a lot of adrenaline.

Animal Whisper: I'd appreciate it if this only worked on mythical creatures that aren't necessarily monsters, like pegasi, Hippocampi, etc.

Light of Touch: I'm alright with this so long as whatever she creates are only illusions.

Change that, and you're good to go my dude

StarrySkyofLostSouls StarrySkyofLostSouls Can I just say I love your ideas? They're really interesting...

Superhuman Speed: I feel like this should only work if she has a lot of adrenaline.

Animal Whisper: I'd appreciate it if this only worked on mythical creatures that aren't necessarily monsters, like pegasi, Hippocampi, etc.

Light of Touch: I'm alright with this so long as whatever she creates are only illusions.

Change that, and you're good to go my dude
Thank you very much. ^^ I appreciate that you like my ideas. And I have made the changes, if you'd like to look over them.

Finnick-Odair-image-finnick-odair-36486479-500-364.png

• Name: Kaidan Matthews

Sexuality: Bisexual

Godly Parent: Poseidon

Years at camp: 5

Hollycrest Hollycrest

Last edited:
Its supposed to be between 176 and 210.
I meant to make his weight around 160 instead of 110

Technically at this stage it's not THAT rare to be a child of the Big Three. Aside from that, you're accepted(although I'm sure you're aware that your character's backstory is eerily similar to Percy's...)

Name: Lucas Durandel

Godly Parent: Nyx

Amount of time spent at camp(if your character is new then put newcomer): 2 years

Personality: Lucas is broken, trying to find some sort of meaning in his life. His circumstances have left him mostly emotionally dead, but not completely. Lucas has moments of insanity, where his past, the stress behind it all, catches up to him. He is near the verge of collapse and has little to hold onto to. He has his moments of emotion, showing gratitude, happiness, sadness, and even anger in some situations. Seeing any expression though, is a rarity.

• Music
  • Guitar
  • Reading

Dislikes:

• Conflict
  • Stress
  • Death

Fears:

• Lonliness
  • Not being able to live how he wants to

Aspirations:

• Find a reason to live.

Face-Claim:
317e04ce845372385aefe8d147e33f80.jpg

Height:
5'10"

Weight: 180lbs

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Black

Backstory:
Lucas Durandel is nothing but a weapon, tortured and broken. His life before, held little to no meaning, and he is very keen on admitting this.

Lucas was born in New York City, to his mother and father. His mother died in childbirth (or so he thought), leaving Lucas and his twin brother, to their vindictive father. Lucas and his brother remained close. They did everything together from playing outside, reading, eating, sleeping, and more. They were inseparable, but of course, fate had other plans.

On their twelfth birthday, Lucas and his brother decided to run away to one of the nearby mountains. In doing so, there father, who would abuse them physically, followed to beat his children for misbehaving. As the two brothers ran from the pain of a beating, Lucas's brother slipped and tumbled down the mountain to their father. Lucas ran down and attacked his father, opting to punch and kick him while his brother ran away. Their father took the boy, and in his rage, threw Lucas down the mountain. He hit a tree, went unconscious, and continued to roll down the hill.

After being unconscious for nearly a day, Lucas was found by a woman who proposed help in exchange for becoming her apprentice. This woman was an assassin, a hired gun to be exact. She taught Lucas how to utilize guns and sword in a deadly combination to kill targets and defend himself. It was 4 years later that Lucas took her life.

Lucas continued on for a few months before being found by a satyr. He was taken to camp, only to be claimed by Nyx, the Goddess of Darkness and Night.

Abilities/Skills:
  • Expert Marksman
  • Expert Swordfighter
  • Umbrakinesis: User can create, shape and manipulate darkness and shadows. By itself, darkness is mostly used to cloud everything into total darkness, but by accessing a dimension of dark energy it can be channeled to a variety of effects, both as an absence of light and a solid substance: one can also control and manipulate darkness and create and dispel shields.

Extra: Hollycrest Hollycrest

Last edited:
Name:
Ariana

Godly Parent:
Thanatos

Amount of time spent at camp(if your character is new then put newcomer): 4 months

Personality:
Ariana is a very outgoing girl. Strong willed and very mature. She's sweet and caring yet also can be a hard ass and stubborn. Very flirty with people she's close to no matter the gender. When it comes to relationships she's rather insecure. Always feeling that she might lose her lover to someone better brings along a constant need for attention, signs of affection and just loving geastures in general to show her partner still cares for her.

Being surrounded by friends
Good food
Having a fun time
Midnight swimming
Being outdoors

Dislikes:
Being alone
Tart food
Being unliked
Not having friends

Fears:
Living her life alone
Growing old
Heights

Aspirations:
Aspires to be a racer

Face-Claim:
IMG_1857.JPG

Height:
5"7

Weight:

Hair Color:
Crimson purple

Eye Color:
Deep brown

Tattoos:
IMG_1858.JPG IMG_1859.JPG IMG_1860.JPG IMG_1864.JPG IMG_1865.JPG IMG_1866.JPG

Backstory:
Ariana grew up on the beaches of California with her single mother. A beautiful hard working designer of clothes. Giving Ariana all she could want. Ariana lived the typical privileged cali girl life. Surfing swimming and just all around living an easy life till the age of 18. That's when it started, the voices in her head that is, crushing headaches and overload of thoughts were the first to come. Then after three months of this the visions started, visions of death. They were horrible to say the least. Then soon after her mother told her about her father, about who he was and why she was having these visions and hearing these voices.... then she sent Ariana off to camp half blood for her safety
Abilities/Skills:
She can hear the voices of the dead
Sometimes have visions of how others will die
Has will over the dead (unknown power for now)

Extra:

Hollycrest Hollycrest

Last edited:

New at camp

Divine Parent: Dionysus
Rules Over: Wine, Wine-making, Threat-re & Arts, Madness.

Name: Arvaello A. Mcgee
Aliases: Vail
H | W: 5'11 | 175 lbs
Ethnicity: Irish American
Eyes: Brown

• Personality
    Fool him once shame on you, fool him twice and he'll come after you. Hard-working and easy-going, that's one way to describe him. Quirky and indolent is another way to describe him entirely. Without work worth while, Vail makes it a habit to conserve energy whenever its best needed. He doesn't over exert himself, he doesn't like to be stressed and he hates to be lied to. But he does love to be challenged. Refuse him something he desires to know and he'll find his own means, less conspicuous, in finding the answers. As long as that challenge is entertaining, thrill-seeking, or the least bit interesting he may join or he may not. It all depends on what he has to gain and what he has to lose.

While not the person who brings the party, Vail is certainly the type of person who ends it. He doesn't like getting into fights, too much energy to exert- better to sit back and watch. Prefers to see what he can learn and see what can be manipulated into use, but one way or another he always finds himself getting into something that doesn't spell good for him. Vail personally believes he just has bad luck sometimes. He also believes his abilities and how he uses them are the good luck that can counter all the bad.

• Being Right
    • Listening To Heavy Metal
    • Testing his abilities with various alcoholic substances; strictly beverages
    • Being a smart ass
    • Alcohol

Dislikes
    • Alcohol Breath
    • Petty Individuals
    • Rude Surprises
    • Liars
    • Apple Pie

Aspiration
    To not die at Camp Half-Blood.

Fear
    • Dying Lamely
    • Dying at all
    • Getting eaten alive by a dragon, he has no idea what he's literally getting into at this camp like I can't even begin to--
    • Pissing off a daughter of Athena, Hera, or Aphrodite.
    • Pissing off any of the Big 3s, children.

Hollycrest Hollycrest

xAlter xAlter I'd prefer it if you nerfed the power to a point where you can't teleport with it and can't create constructs of weapons out of it. Aside from that you good fam

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Just take out the shadow magic and you're fine.

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Accepted, but I hope you know that the camp doesn't serve alcohol to anyone and if you're caught with it you'll basically be screwed.

Sorry about the delay my dudes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back