• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Tartarean Chronicle] The Khantorian Traditional Brawl

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Brawling Grounds Outside of Zuson Khantor
1692670283146.png

Snare's victory over his strong opponent was a upsetting sequence of events, mainly on the other tribe's side who did not expect this demon to beat one of the few minotaurs in their tribe. They were seen as hard to kill in combat unless you yourself were a minotaur as well or a stronger species, their bulk as well as their overwhelming power was something that created the deadly and scary creature known as the minotaur. The Warriors of Zuson Khantor were cheering as Snare held the head of the enemy, the body of the minotaur slumped over onto the ground. The other side was quiet as the Warriors of Zuson rang out in victory. As Snare made his way to his side, the tribe of warriors moved forward and took the minotaur's body. " We will honor his sacrifice by eating his flesh to make us as strong as he was. " One tribe member stated in a solemn voice.

Although that was not really important anymore as the warriors then would send out their next warriors to fight, the death of a fellow warrior overshadowed by the next battle that was to commence. Snare, as he rested on the flowing grass on the wind, the sounds of battle could be heard behind him as he laid away from the battles that sounded violent. While Snare was laying in the grass, he would be able to see on a long grounded pathway that lead from the heavily fortified gates of Zuson Khantor all the way out into the mountain ranges of the Khantorian Wildlands. On this pathway near Snare just outside of Zuson Khantor was what looked like a broken down cart being pulled by big bears, the cart was massive and so had to be pulled by bears rather than horses. But it looked like one of the wheels on the cart broke off and a couple of people were standing outside looking at the wheel. One of the people looked in Snare's direction and waved his hands to the demon like he was calling him. From a distance, they looked smaller, one of them had horns but looked nothing like a warrior. Their partner had slapped their shoulder and looked like they began scolding the horned figure. They looked nothing like a beast, possibly a human or elf.

---

Zuson Khantor, Skull Summit
1692670375152.png

The massive elephant that was Bazakir only huffed at Delphinus' response to playing politics, " Then you chose the wrong place to play that hand. You can't be truly honest in a setting like this, Delphinus. You are only here to do a job for Vesh'Atar. I recommend doing that job and leaving as soon as possible. This place will tear you into pieces. Whether that be physically, mentally or even emotionally. " The elder spoke, he sounded like he was a old man trying to help the next of kin. " Now then, let us continue with our research. " The elephant stated.

1693167078487.png

" As for your request on the highest peaks in Khantor... There are two currently. The Skyward Horns, a very long way from here. Although the ascent is very treacherous and deadly. Horrors live in those mountains, ranging from rabid Ratkin tribes to the Skullbearers always looking new skulls to take and to possible a slumbering Death Wreav. Which is a massive amphibian the size of this room. Scaly skin with warts all over it. Wings that look comedic yet they are capable of carrying it in the air. A tongue massive and sticky that it can stretch out to grab prey in a instant. Spits a type of vomit that when splashed on living matter, it will burn and decay the flesh into nothingness. " Bazakir had his eyes closed as he spoke, as if he had seen it firsthand due on his tone and demeanor. After opening his eyes he looked to Delphinus, " The other location is very close to us. I am sure you seen it on your way in here, the massive mountain behind Zuson Khantor named The Zan'Tor Mountain Range. Most Khantorians are superstitious of these mountains. There are thousands of accounts of Khantorians going missing near or in the Zan'Tor Mountain Range. Many suspect it to be the Zan'Tor Shamans. A tribe of magic using shamans that stay away from the public eye and sow fear in the populace. " Bazakir explained.

" The Zan'Tor Mountain Range would be the closest location to access the peak of Khantor. These are very deadly and dangerous traverses. We'd need to speak to Vesh'Atar in possibly creating a expedition to journey up one of these mountains. " Bazakir explained, " I've known Vesh'Atar for a long time, he is willing to allow those he employs to create such events as long as they explain their reasoning. " The Elephant explained. " Unless you have a different course of action for this endeavor? " Bazakir asked.

---

Khantorian Wildlands
1692670426860.png

1693181123927.png

The figure allowed her to speak as it stared down at her, standing still like a statue as it listened to what she had to say. The figure would pull out a massive head that was one of a minotaur, recently killed, blood still dripping from the sliced neck. The creature before Marakasha dropped the head off the cliffside it stood upon, it was either making a statement or being disrespectful to the dead. " This display you think you see before you is nonexistent. " The figure held a neutral tone in it's voice. Making it hard to discern if this was a male or female, even with the cloak it was still hard to tell. Yet here they were, in this gorge alone. This had to the be the figure that had been pulling her along the entire time.

The figure almost sounded like it was about to laugh but stopped itself. " Allow me to speak? " They asked, " I allowed you leave the desert, just like I allowed you to travel through Khantor. Just as I allow you to live right now. " The figure stated, their tone was still neutral. " But before we get to the point where you decide you can kill me. Why I have led you here was to see what your intentions are. Khantor has no time for Vampires to run around to destroy and lay waste. I want to know what your intentions are and if you know of what happened to your kind. " The figure stated as it took a step forward off the ledge they stood on and slowly floated down to the ground now to be on eye level with Marakasha. This mysterious figure held no fear of Marakasha despite knowing what she was, it was even closing the distance to get a better look of her.

Delphinius Aurelion
1693183266576.png

Once again the elephant saw fit to dish out another unsolicited warning which sounded more like praise for Khantor. It warranted an eyeroll from the young noble who despite wanting to tell Bazakir to stuff it, chose to ignore the warning and let his eyeroll speak for him. He listened attentively as the elphant explained the locales and the perils that came with them, neither seemed an easy choice, but that never stopped him before Sometimes he actually chose the more dangerous route because what was an adventure without a little risk. And the Skyward Horns seemed to offer just that, but the closer range offered a chance to meet a Khantorian spellcaster.

"Hmm." Delphinius pinched his chin while he thought and weighed his options. "I'd like to venture to the nearest mountain. We'll waste time traveling to some far away range. Now that means dealing with spooked beastkin, so I propose we find some none Khantorians, if there are any. And I'll pay them with my own coin if Vesh'Atar doesn't care to employ more outsiders." The less time they spent on travel the more time they could spend on setting up and actually trying to decipher the tablet, so he decided Zan'Tor would be the best location.

"Will supplies be provided for our expedition or will we need to acquire some ourselves?" His eyes scaled up Bazakir's form to his eyes and he held the man's gaze.

Skyhunter Skyhunter

1693196328534.png
1693197136013.png

Snare felt dull aches wrack his body as his demonic constitution slowly started him on the mend, but it was no cure all, and hurt like hell. He felt no animosity, however; No anger trampling against his brow and furrowing his vision. The thrill of the fight was it's own reward, and yet he was now blessed with a breeze, grass against his back, and a sky full new constellations, completely alien to the age he had come from.

A smile only for him appeared for only a moment on his face. This beat hell in so many ways, and he didn't want to take any of this for granted. The beastkin were savages who tortured and toyed with creatures much smaller in both status and stature. He didn't care about these rats, nor did he know them, yet still his skin crawled as his summoner's words lingered in the back of his head.

Do you see the forest before the trees? the branches before the trunk? The rot before the ash-beetle? Where do we draw the line on necessary evil? I will draw that line; with you, with this contract.

Snare didn't pretend to understand everything that crazy bastard said or did, but it was the reason he was here. His eyes set on the interior of khantor as he sat up, his attention piqued by the sound of large beasties; Bears to be precise. It brought out a genuine curiosity from the demon as he found such creatures bemusing. One of their masters waved him over, their wagon had lost a wheel and they were stuck. It was enough curious happenings to draw him toward the beckoning with the malaise and energy of a porch cat.

Snare ambled neared them within a dozen or so feet before crouching, resting on his laurels

"You beckoned over what you thought to be a barn owl, but instead, an albatross perches before you. You don't reek of ill repute, but my skills can't help...that" He said, cocking his head a sliver; the barbed end of his tail pointed at the busted wheel.

Marakasha Ilunaag
Mentions: Skyhunter Skyhunter

sample_3e683d252ae11eb6b1f7342fb1acabf453fce8ae.jpgThe Vampire Princess stared stoically at the Beast insolently standing above her. Her blood constructs remained in the air awaiting their masters order. The figure pulling out a large head of a minotaur was a peculiar sight. Marakasha's tilted her head slightly in curiosity even as her expression remained unchanged; unable to understand if there was a purpose to showing her such a thing. Pulling off a head or two was hardly an impressive feat, perhaps if the Beast has prepared a mountain of them she would have acknowledged it. Though the blood would have been an unwelcome sight; Marakasha did not like the look of blood. Even now being near it was irksome, her will shaping the lances of blood did not help her growing revulsion. At the figures words she grew a thoughtful look seemingly taking the Beasts words at face value. Only responding with a simple.

"I see."

Marakasha's eyes narrowed their ruby like color gaining a dangerous glint. The cloaked figures flippant attitude and arrogant demands were beginning to wear on her meager patience. She had already made it quite clear her distaste with its very presence, yet it persisted anyway. The very idea that it somehow held sway over whether she came to an end or not went beyond the pale. It was baffling. What gave it such confidence? Was it the figures anonymity, or perhaps just ignorance? She dismissed those ideas just as quickly as they came. Whether she knew what it was or not didn't matter if she could simply rip it in two. The fact that it knew her language which would no doubt be quite old by now showed it at least had some knowledge of her. All in all it was a very strange situation for Marakasha, the lack of fear in the Beast strangest of all. Even the Vampires had been loathe to stay in her presence for very long, only the "Demons" lacked fear and that was because they were quite mad. This Beast did not seem like it was insane, though it's conduct towards her could be classified as such. Despite her feelings Marakasha showed no anger allowing the figure to speak as she said she would. Admittedly its questions did somewhat interest her mostly in the questions they aroused within herself. She did not particularly want to destroy Khantor, that seemed rather boring at the moment. Maybe she'd change her mind later but she doubted she could do it without significant time investment. And then there was the question of her kind. It made her reevaluate how much this Beast truly knew but why ask at all? They were gone, did it matter how? Perhaps it wanted assurance she was the only one left? If nothing else her curiosity was piqued. She eyed the figure as it floated down to meet her gaze growing much closer than before, all the while the blood lances tracked its movements pointing directly towards it. Once again it appeared to show no fear. It was irritatingly refreshing.

"I declared I would end you should your words displease me, and yet you have made no effort to rectify this. You Beasts have grown rather noisy in the absence of your Masters. It is quite rare for a living being to not fear me I doubt you understand how unnatural such a thing is. Hm... have I truly lost so much power?"

Marakasha did not answer the figures questions seemingly ignoring them entirely. Instead she used them as a medium to voice her thoughts like she was simply talking to herself and had forgotten this was meant to be a conversation at all. Her face was contemplative as she considered the depths of her fall from grace. For a moment she seemed less the dangerous Vampire Princess and more like a scatterbrained girl. This moment threatened to stretch on but Marakasha seemed to come back to the present situation as she focused on the cloaked figure. Its questions as to her intentions was a little difficult for her as even she did not truly know what she wanted save for in the moment. Beyond that she was adrift.

"A curious predicament... though I am loathe to do so I will enlighten you; it may clear my own thoughts. I have no desire to destroy this pathetic thing you Beasts have created. Khantor no longer belongs to the Vampires and I don't particularly care who claims it. My flower garden held more value to me than this nation does."

At the mention of her garden Marakasha gained an almost dejected expression like she was truly mourning the loss of her flowers far more than her entire people.

"And if you must know the Vampires of Khantor are gone. The Dynasty was utterly annihilated to the last, your ancestors likely played a part in that but I was the one who saw it to the end. I killed the last of my kind myself, I was quite thorough. I can assure you there is none left save me. And that is all I will say on the matter. That will have to satisfy whatever machinations you possess."

She spoke like she was tired of conversing, and she very much was. There was no passion or emotion as she recounted the destruction of her people at her own hands, there was a disconnect between herself and them speaking of them as if they were utter strangers and in a way they had been. Though this was also simply how Vampires of her time were, had another Vampire from then been standing here they likely would have said something similar. They were a very matter of fact people emotions being seen as largely unnecessary. Though as a True Vampire Marakasha simply did not see herself as equal to anyone not even the Vampires so that was a contributing factor to her aloof speech. Though she left out exactly why she had killed her people and the truth of that was it embarrassed her. Losing to her bloodlust and being tricked due to her ignorance was something she could not allow again, and much like a young woman with any shameful experience she kept that tied closely to her chest. The fact that it revealed a potential "weakness" didn't actually factor to her.

"Now then, I believe we are done here and so I shall rid myself of you."

Holding out her hand she flicked her fingers down causing her lances of blood to rain down on the cloaked figure. She did just as she said she would, there was no anger or hatred in her face or actions. Marakasha had been bothered by something, she said she would act and so she did thats all it was. After what it had said earlier she actually believed that the "display" which had irked her so was in fact not as she thought it was so she was in fact not being mocked. But that did no excuse its blatant insolence or got rid of her feelings so she moved to kill it anyway.

Last edited:
Brawling Grounds Outside of Zuson Khantor
1694388301195.png

slifer37 slifer37

Rowan had crossed through these very violent lands, passing through what the locals called the Wildlands of Khantor. They were just ravaged lands filled with many tribes of assorted Beastmen that fought constantly amongst one another, they showed incredible prowess in battle. Being very skillful in their arts of barbaric fighting, their speed was nearly unmatched, their durability was amazing. Rowan would have witnessed limbs fall after a swift slice and Beastmen still push on. Some of them even would win their battles. She would have witnessed one bash in another Beastman's head with their own chopped limb! Only for them to die not long after because of blood loss. With these amazing talents and a knack for violence, it's a wonder how this country full of beastmen with a bloodlust unlike any other have not been able to win their little battle with Charon.

But none of that mattered, not one bit when you're knee deep in Khantorian territory. Especially when you're one of a few hired guards for a Appa Merchant's cart. One that would be pulled by massive bears, the height of the cart was laughably huge. Horses wouldn't be able to budge the cart one bit. These lands were stained red with death and blood. Yet these imbecilic beasts could not get enough. She had witnessed many of the horrors here. Dismemberment, crushings, flaying, full on ripping throats out, disembowelments. All with bare hands and the mighty roars of satisfaction. They've been here for a mere three days and these displays of barbaric and crude violence was somehow normal. Rowan would feel the pin she had dig into her skin a little, looking she would see the Appa mark, a brown leather circle with jewels on it: a green, red and yellow diamond all pressed together by their corners. A symbol that beastkin respected. But it was more of a warning. These were pins that allowed passage through these lands, as long as you were with a Appa Merchant. You were free from the violence that the Beastman would usually show. But every now and then, you'd get one or two that were feeling a bit too stupid and would attack the cart. Only to be killed and made a example of.

Rowan would look up at the cart she was guiding and on the sides of the cart were several stakes, each having the head of a beastman driven through by one of these stakes, some were already in stages of decomposition. A symbol for danger and to not be trifled with. It worked after the twelfth kill and would keep the beasts back. The more bloodthirsty ones at least. Rowan would see the gates of the great city known as Zuson Khantor. The capital of Khantor and was said to be where the First Conqueror himself, Stormhorn, had made his throne. This was his base of operations nearly a millennium ago. Where he ravaged these same lands with war and brought all Beastmen to his heel. Khantor's history was thee most violent in the world. When they weren't at war with other nations, they were at war with themselves. No. They were always at war with themselves. Looking in the distance, Rowan would bear witness to one of many things she had seen already. A Brawling Grounds with what looked like a band of warriors fighting against a tribe by their clothing. The warriors were winning, many of the Tribe were beaten down or killed. It nothing more than a orgy of death.

" Eyes ahead, Rowan. " A voice called above, she would look up to see one of her employers, a Beastman named Norsel. He was a Appa Class Merchant. Small in frame, he looked similar to a cat walking on legs, one of his eyes were slashed with a replacement eye in it. A Stone Eye, it was called. It was a mere replacement for a lost one to still look somewhat normal and not as off putting when dealing with buyers. " We would rather not draw attention to ourselves, we just got our brief respite for the last day. Watch these guards at the gates. They like to try and intimidate outsider bodyguards. " Norsel stated as he looked ahead. Finally, after three days of travelling, this contract could come to a end.

Norsel
1694401641646.png

Getting to the gates of Zuson Khantor, Rowan would realize just how big this city state was, it was nearly bigger than certain capitals in The Pact and Empire. The massive cart came to a stop as a few of the gatekeepers started walking up, they were big. Minotaurs. Minotaurs in armor. A scary sight to behold, legitimate armor on Beastmen. They have been known to wear little to no armor. One massive guard would call up to Norsel in their native tongue which all sounded the same, like gibberish. While the two were talking, one Gatekeeper walked up to Rowan and looked down at her, it stopped and looked down at her, his eyes were wrathful like the rest of them. He let out a heavy breath through his nostrils, he even licked his lips at Rowan, like she was a delicious snack. Most likely it did want to eat her, Beastmen loved the taste for flesh, they even eat their own dead as a first resort. The Gatekeeper would keep walking as it looked over the cart, even taking a peek in the back.

Norsel and the main Gatekeeper would finish their conversation with Norsel tossing down a leather bag full of... Something. Something for the Gatekeeper most likely as a gesture of kindness. Or a bribe. But the gates would open up and the doors on the cart behind would close shut, the minotaur from before would walk by Rowan once again, it's hateful eyes staring her down. It spoke something that she could not understand but it was most likely a taunt or a insult. The massive beast would keep walking and Rowan would notice the massive battleaxe mounted on his back. stained with recent gore and blood. The minotaur would stand by the gate again as the cart began to move and in turn, Rowan. As she made her way through the gates, what she would see inside was... Like a whole new world. She would see merchant shops and civilians everywhere. The Appa Class was here with warriors here and there but there wasn't any killing here. Most likely because of the pins everyone wore. Appa Class pins. Rowan's only salvation.

The cart made it's way through the city that was Zuson Khantor, everywhere she saw beastmen acting like normal people, no bloodshed, no murder, no violence. Civilians were carrying sorts of items here to there. A lot of merchants were here in this city, calling at anyone that passed by to look at wares. " Rowan, we are passing by that thing I told you when I hired you. The Spire. Do not look at it, just keep your eyes forward or close them. She will call to you. Ignore her or you will be lost for who knows how long. " Rowan would begin to hear the voice of a woman, she sounded... Regal. Attractive. Beautiful. " My my, another human. Mmm, smooth skin, beautiful body. " The voice spoke, " Come join me in my Spire of Oodesh. You will feel immense pleasure, the best you could ever feel, anything you will imagine could happen, anyone you want to lay with. There is no judgement here. " The voice continued to speak. Although as they got farther away, the voice would die down until it would be silenced finally. " Ah draka. We lost Jeran. " Norsel growled, when Rowan looked for a moment, she would see the shape of her fellow mercenary on the job, Jeran. A female elf that was a bit stuck up but was great with stealth and assassination. She would, almost robotically, make her way into the Spire of Oodesh. Rowan would see the form of a figure on a pedestal, a naked woman with the head being one of any animal that Rowan would see. The elf would strip her clothes off just before she entered the Spire where the figure on the pedestal moved a hand up and the elf entered. The figure looked at Rowan and held her gaze for a moment before she had to look away.

" Well, that's more money for the rest of you I suppose. " Norsel sighed as he tried to sound cold but there a hint of regret in his voice. He most likely didn't want Jeran to fall for whatever the Spire had in store for her. Eventually, Norsel would stop at what looked like some sort of post office where Norsel came down and landed on the ground. " Damn it, Jeran... " Norsel growled quietly as he made his way down, his voice was full of anger. Although when he touched the ground and turned to face Rowan, he looked cold like usual. " Well, this process will take some time. " Norsel stated, " We have to get all of our stock processed. I imagine you all will want a drink or three after our travels. Come back here in the morning and we will have another job for you all. " Norsel stated as he gave Rowan and a few other mercenaries their pay, each was a bit bigger due to them losing Jeran. Norsel wasn't that big, he was about 4' tall but he walked on into the building while one of his business partners opened the back of the cart to get everything ready. " Hey Rowan, lets go get a drink. We'll drink to Jeran's memory. We will never see her again. " Another mercenary stated named Gerrad, there was about four others. A human named Gerrad, a female goatman named Wessir, two elves that were brothers named Jert and Gert. Wessir, the goatman, snapped her fingers, " I know of a place not far from here, a place named Calf's Roast, we can get good drinks and good company. " The goatwoman explained, the others would follow after her as they made their way to get a stiffening drink. Rowan could follow to get a drink and room, or she could explore the city of Zuson Khantor, as long as she stayed away from the Spire of Oodesh.

---

Zuson Khantor, Skull Summit
1694403789904.png

Bazakir stared at Delphinus, " These are not just any spooked beastmen. The Zan'Tor Shamans are feared for a reason. " Bazakir sighed, but he contemplated what Delphinus just asked, " I am sure Vesh'Atar would understand. We'd have to ask of course, but Vesh'Atar most likely would sanction a expedition if it meant he got research out of it. But we best make a plan first and scout out the expedition ourselves. If the work is already done for him, he will pay for it to happen. " Bazakir suggested. The elephant then nodded, " Come, we do have a library, there are maps of each major landmark in Khantor. " The elephant beckoned Delphinus to follow as he walked out of the room. Delphinus would see along the way many guards all over the place and the occasion art piece that was either Stormhorn or a previous Khan. And there were a lot of Khans, there was sometimes unfinished paintings of Khans, the reason was unsure but by the blood splatters on the paintings, it was obvious why.

1694404508487.png

Walking through two big doors, Delphinus would witness a library before him that would surprise anyone that wasn't from Khantor. This would probably surprise those IN Khantor too. Books was something pretty unheard of in here in Khantor, this was probably the only place in Khantor with such things, besides maybe the occasional Appa Merchant who would have a smut book in their inventory gaining dust. There were tables in this library, they'd even see one of the guards, a goatman, reading at one of the tables. The guards were able to read too. This would be something to note. Bazakir moved through the library and placed the Deluge Tablet down on a table nearby before moving to a few shelves grabbing a book or map before making his way back.

Bazakir would place the books down and unroll a map out on the table for Delphinus to see. It was a map of Zuson Khantor and the Zan'Tor Mountain range. The map looked ancient from the age of the parchment. This could have been centuries old yet was still in incredible condition. The mountain range didn't have locations but there was a lot more detail about it. Pathways on the mountain that each stopped at a certain place, about half way up the mountain. That was most likely where everyone disappeared at.

---

Khantorian Wildlands
1694404894985.png

1694405578206.png

The cloaked figure listened to what Marakasha had to say. It made no movements and showed no expression to whatever she said. There was no intent about this one. But the moment that Marakasha had made her move, the cloaked figure still didn't react. Not until Marakasha's attack reached the cloaked figure, when it raised it's hand, the lances of blood stopped mid air. " Very interesting. " The cloaked figure whispered as it seemed more interested in the attack that the vampire tried to attempt. The cloaked figure then moved it's hand to one of these lances and touched it, causing the lances of blood fell onto the ground into mere puddles. There was a moment of silence before it spoke again. " Pathetic. " The cloaked figure stated, sounding more disappointed than angry, but most of all. It sounded bored. The cloaked figure then looked to Marakasha, " I figured you'd have more in you than merely that. " The creature spoke, it's voice had changed. Not the tone, but the... Cadence. It sounded like a entire different person- no. Entity. The cloak figure stared at Marakasha when she saw in the corner in her eye the same exact cloaked figure standing next to her looking at itself. But when she turned her head, the figure was fully standing there with the previous figure gone. The cloaked figure pointed up at Marakasha with a index finger at her chest which shot the vampire backwards like she had been impaled by a spear and was being flung backwards.

The vampire would land in the bloody creek with the cloaked figure slowing making it's way towards Marakasha. " Perhaps your life will end here. You would save you and your people the embarrassment of such weakness and gall to be caught off guard by such a simple technique. " The cloaked figure spoke again, the intent was still not there despite being threatened. Marakasha would find herself covered in a mixture of water and beastmen blood. It reeked of the beasts and their nasty blood. " To be dragged in such low substances is quite the sight to witness. " The figure spoke again. " Be glad your ancestors are dead so they do not have to bear witness to this. "

Marakasha Ilunaag
Mentions: Skyhunter Skyhunter

64bdd2eb6de87d79e5313aec9f702af8.jpgHer will was absolute; once she came to a conclusion she would see it through no matter what. The Princess of Vampires decided to kill the insolent Beast and with a simple gesture her lances of blood did exactly that. Under the influence of her power they shot through the air to pierce the figure before them until they were little better than a bloody pincushion. The out come was simple, when Marakasha was crossed there was only one way it could end. That was how it always was with her; there was no precedent set for any other possibility. Which is why when her lances were stopped with but a hand Marakasha experienced surprise for the second time in her existence. She stared, it was the only thing she could do in response to such absurdity. The cloaked figures curiosity and then disappointment was a incomprehensible contradiction to Marakasha, and seeing her ability to control blood be nullified to easily was the final nail in the coffin. The Vampiric Princess was aware of her diminished power but to see it like this forced her to understand just how much she had truly lost. To call her a shadow of her former self was an understatement. It was quite evident she had lost far more than time during her long slumber.

No words escaped her, she made no further actions. Marakasha merely stared in part trying to comprehend her state but also in understanding that the dynamic of power was far different than she had first known. To be weak; lesser than another in any way was a foreign concept she did not know how to be anything but the apex of her species. In a way she still was but while she had fallen from grace others had only grown from their meager origins. Marakasha was snapped out of her thoughts when the figures voice shifted. It had no changed appearance or moved yet to her senses it felt like it had become something else entirely.

"What are you?"

She spoke with genuine interest, a curiosity she had not felt before standing before something she had never encountered before. Despite the heights she once reached one thing that had no changed was the depths of her ignorance. It looked at her just as she looked at it neither breaking the silence of that moment. Then there was a presence a shape in the corner of her eye following her gaze to the very same figure. With widened eyes filled with less surprise and more animalistic instinct her head shot over to the figure at her side. Yet, there was nothing there. Shifting her gaze back to the figure she was suddenly launched back by its attack. There was a great pressure in her chest from the impact causing her to land in the bloody creek. Soaked by both viscera and water Marakasha swiftly raised herself out the water her dress was soaked and blood clung to her body. Something deep within her reacted the the blood writhing against the chains she had placed upon it. A sound like a hiss threatened to escape her throat but she contained herself. She sharp gaze was intensely locked on the figure approaching her. Reminding her of her weakness, insulting her. With a command from her will her Vampiric Eyes activated in an act that was more an automatic defense mechanism than an conscious decision. Her crimson eyes shifted turning into a golden color. The Eyes of Enchantment that compels those who look into them. Imprinted upon them was only the command to "stop", a simple command. Though it was doubtful to do much to a being which could shrug off her magic. She then used her will to push the blood off of her body removing every stain. While it did nothing for the water her body was at least much less covered in the damning fluid, and her inner bloodlust was successfully stemmed.

A traitorous part of her considered letting go entirely, if she wasn't using so much power to contain herself then surely she could show this Beast its place. Whether that was true or not didn't matter as it was a choice she could never or would ever choose to make. Marakasha's breath came out in labored breaths though it was purely psychosomatic as breathing was not necessary for her. Which only went to show how shaken she was. With her golden eyes locked onto the figure she let not an ounce of her inner turmoil show in her features or voice, it was simply in her nature to do so. While the figures words seemed to be meant to be scathing and mocking revealing her lack of power, they meant nothing to her. What had truly gotten to her was the difference in power and the sheer depths of her fall. Swiping her hand she commanded to blood within the creek rush forward in a wave towards the figure both to remove as much of it from her presence as possible and as an attempt at destroying the thing before her. All the while she spoke her voice remained composed but their was an intense tone to it showing Marakasha was indeed frustrated.

"You overestimate them, they could never have comprehended or felt such a thing. There was no room for unnecessary emotions in that world."

Despite her state and her inability to kill the one before her she did not yield. In a way Marakasah was just too stubborn unable to position herself below another in any way. Her ego too strong to do anything but accept things as they were and nothing more. Her wounds began to close as her Vampire physiology reverted her to her natural unmarred state. Fully standing with her back straight her eyes returned to their crimson color showing she had more control over her emotions than before.

"I am the most vulnerable I have ever been, no Demon ever brought me so low. You have power over me in this moment, I may resist with all my remaining power but you would likely bring an end to my existence. You could even cripple me and leave me to rot. As I am now the light of day has the power to kill me as if I was an ordinary Vampire. It matters not either way my purpose remains the same. Should I die then the Vampires cursed existence will be gone. Should I live then I will carry on as I have been. Do as you will loathsome Beast."

Marakasha stood calmly while she make come across as impulsive as an old Vampire she did not shy away from the truth. She now understood the gap in power between them so there was no reason to struggle needlessly or rage against her situation it would change nothing. She had said all she needed to. If the figure continued its hostilities she would answer with all she could but not before that. She had felt slighted before and so she had sought to deal with the source of these feelings but while that desire remained she now knew she did not have the privilege to act on it. While it was a huge blow to her identity to have been reduced in power so much there was a part of Marakasha that was almost... excited. Compared to her old way of existence this is novel, challenging, frustrating and wholly unique. Frankly to her it was overwhelming when before years would pass like days as she emotionlessly went about her role. Internally she mused if perhaps awakening to her bloodlust after being tricked had "broken" her somehow. Such a line of thought would have been unthinkable to her before but now it crept from the recesses of her mind as a matter of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back