Tantrums in Roleplaying: Post your stories

TyrantKingKuma said:
He depleted my patience when he copied a whole arc from Rave Master and insisted it was his original idea... he copied everything, characters, locations, nam
Oh no. This... this was painful to read. People like this literally make me cringe. I felt myself shudder in disgust. Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who can't or won't make their own original content.

The fact that a moderator fell for his crap is even more sad. Like, really? Ugh. I feel for you. :c

I'd like to begin by saying this conflict has been resolved and the guy it happened with it pretty cool now.

Et tu, Brute

I was pretty new on the site and I'd just finished RWBY. I started up an RP, I think it might've been the first or second I hosted. It went fine for a little while, I had everybody's character fighting their way through a forest beating up monsters, then a little while later everybody met the final boss: a giant carnivorous bird. Everybody got a few hits in, then I got a pm from a group member asking if they could land the final hit. I didn't think much of it and said sure.

After that happened, someone, who I will call X, talked about how he intended to land the final hit. I thought this was ridiculous and the group agreed.

It continued to escalate and the RP was halted. Everything went quiet and I figured the RP had died. Then, I find out from another player that X had invited everyone involved in the RP except myself to vote on replacing me as GM.

What the sh*t?

I also found out everyone (except X) voted to keep me as the GM. When I found this out, I kicked him from the RP. Everyone was in agreement except for one other player who lobbied to bring him back.

I hadn't met either of them prior to this RP, but I recal, them having a history. This player said my actions were too harsh so I bent and invited X back into the RP.

Then X assumed that meant either himself, or everybody would be able to finish off the beast and when that didn't happen, he made the same fuss about it. Now everyone was in agreement. I kicked him from the RP,but at that point, the RP had lost all momentum and was dead.

On the bright side, I made on of my best friend on RPN that way. The guy who told me about the secret council to kick me out of my own RP.

[QUOTE="Queen Yukari]Oh no. This... this was painful to read. People like this literally make me cringe. I felt myself shudder in disgust. Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who can't or won't make their own original content.
The fact that a moderator fell for his crap is even more sad. Like, really? Ugh. I feel for you. :c

[/QUOTE]
The moderator was a serious control freak who never bothered to read the RPG forum or understand it. Even when all the members of the RPG forum told him something he ignored it and did whatever he liked. He even erased one of our oldest threads and said it was a "bug" that did it

I have hours and hours of tales about how he sucked.

Before him we had another player who basically ignored everyone and tried to make monster characters, but he wasn't extremely rude about it, he was more sniveling.

At least the forum now is free of any idiots, we have a 3 years running storyline and we do regular art contests (We get prizes and invite artist to compete doing fanart of our characters, you can see all of the entries of the last 4 contests here)

I'm glad to hear the roleplay subforum is better now.

I haven't encountered many of those people before. Mary Sues, yes, but they never caused any trouble. Like with my RP horror story, it was just the godmodders and the salty folks, which seem to mostly happen in just the Warrior Cats RPs. The other RPs like one MLP RP I used to frequent at are pretty chill.

Of course, I have another Warrior Cats Nook RP horror story.

I was in one of "evil" Clans, because for some reason raiding Clans are fun for me, though I kept to the Warrior Code unlike the others (I'll bring up the Warrior Code later).

At one point, one of the "good" Clans invaded the "evil" Clan I'm in. I imagine this was good reason, as we invaded their Clan a couple days before. Due to us both being fairly big and powerful, death occured, of course. At one point, I let myself get knocked out, as I imagined that would be fair without flat-out dying.

That was the worst mistake, because shortly afterwards, one of the cats from the opposing Clan decided to straight up walk up to me and slit my throat WHILE my character is unconscious without asking me if they could do so.

First off, no, that goes against the second part of rule 14 of the Warrior Code, which I will copy and paste for reference:

An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his/her battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.

I don't think killing a passed out cat qualifies as self-defense. You may argue that it's the former, but bear in mind that this cat killed another Warrior when the latter is in a state where they are unable to defend themselves. So in this instance, who is really being the villain here?

Also, as the icing on the cake, they never asked me for permission OOC. They just killed my character without any remorse, and one of my earliest ones too. One of the other cats claimed it was kind of godmodding, which I agreed with, so I revived my character. Then everyone else in my Clan (and some OOC trespassers one of whom I gurantee you is the one who killed my character) freaks out and causes a crud storm about it, so I dropped out of the Clan.

That was the final straw, so I stopped doing Warrior Cats RPs entirely.

Yeah, expect a lot of RP horror stories coming from the Nook from me.

UmbreonRogue said:
I'm glad to hear the roleplay subforum is better now.
I haven't encountered many of those people before. Mary Sues, yes, but they never caused any trouble. Like with my RP horror story, it was just the godmodders and the salty folks, which seem to mostly happen in just the Warrior Cats RPs. The other RPs like one MLP RP I used to frequent at are pretty chill.

Of course, I have another Warrior Cats Nook RP horror story.

I was in one of "evil" Clans, because for some reason raiding Clans are fun for me, though I kept to the Warrior Code unlike the others (I'll bring up the Warrior Code later).

At one point, one of the "good" Clans invaded the "evil" Clan I'm in. I imagine this was good reason, as we invaded their Clan a couple days before. Due to us both being fairly big and powerful, death occured, of course. At one point, I let myself get knocked out, as I imagined that would be fair without flat-out dying.

That was the worst mistake, because shortly afterwards, one of the cats from the opposing Clan decided to straight up walk up to me and slit my throat WHILE my character is unconscious without asking me if they could do so.

First off, no, that goes against the second part of rule 14 of the Warrior Code, which I will copy and paste for reference:

An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his/her battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.

I don't think killing a passed out cat qualifies as self-defense. You may argue that it's the former, but bear in mind that this cat killed another Warrior when the latter is in a state where they are unable to defend themselves. So in this instance, who is really being the villain here?

Also, as the icing on the cake, they never asked me for permission OOC. They just killed my character without any remorse, and one of my earliest ones too. One of the other cats claimed it was kind of godmodding, which I agreed with, so I revived my character. Then everyone else in my Clan (and some OOC trespassers one of whom I gurantee you is the one who killed my character) freaks out and causes a crud storm about it, so I dropped out of the Clan.

That was the final straw, so I stopped doing Warrior Cats RPs entirely.

Yeah, expect a lot of RP horror stories coming from the Nook from me.
Wow, I didn't think an RP about cars could have so much drama.

This is a really funny forum and I just wanna add my piece!

I use to develop characters for a bunch of my friends to use on their own RP's, it was fun for me and allowed people who weren't really good at kinda stuff to still be involved. Anyway, through this practice I met, hm let's call them, Lizard. Lizard was pretty nice at first and a good writer (I'll give credit where credit is due) but what lurked under the nice cordial surface was something akin to Chucky, and no, this is not hyperbole.

Basically I created a character for them and welcomed them into the group. After this they kinda just hang around our group messages and didn't do much in world, but it was a pretty big group so I just assumed they were nervous or busy.

Skip to a few months later, Lizard finally jumps into an RP my friend is hosting (this was a college rp with kids trying to figure out if a haunting in the dorms was real, Scooby Doo style). They have a new character and this character is so OP half the group is just stunned into horrified silence. They can control fate and time and has the ability to mind control other peoples character's. The host doesn't want to publicly humiliate them by telling them, "yo, get yourself some limits or get the heck out" so she asked me to skype them (the site didn't have a PM system in place then) and explain this isn't the rp for that. I do and I try to be so nice about it bc we've all been there when we start out RPing, maybe not that extreme but still. They say that this is the character they need to RP as and I told them it wasn't the right RP and to Remake or wait for a RP that can handle their crazy fate wielding god thing.

Anyway, they lose it. They go back onto the RP, which was composed of the 9 people who were most active in the forum and myself, and go OOC. They start yelling and calling people by their real names and flooding the RP with rants and saying how they were gonna find us and show us what, and I quote here, "Real power was". It took exactly two minutes before the host blocked them from the entire thing. All of us were pretty weirded out but that's not the worst part. The worst part is that somehow, and literally most of us save for me and the host, used different handlers for other social media, somehow they found other platforms and started messaging people on their Facebook's and Instagram's IN CHARACTER. Like, I wish this was a bad fever dream but my friend got a message on Instagram that said "*walks closer* I'll twist fate to make you regret forcing me out." Needless to say, we blocked this crazy person and was forever more careful about who we let into our groups.

That's crazy...

I once had a guy threaten to reveal my facebook profile into a forum because he thought I was attacking him or something (Just because I pointed out a couple of mistakes on his bio)

I proceeded to search for the most embarassing photo I could find in my facebook gallery and shared it (I'm cooking pizza in a party with friends just wearing a swimsuit and Neko Ears)

He then proceeded to threaten me with beating me up, but consider we are in two different hemispheres I didn't take him seriously at all

Found another extract of a bio done by the guy I mentioned earlier....

"Abilities

Physical Trait(Also Refer to Grid Points): His physical traits were degraded a lot thanks to that dart. He has 60% resistance to anti devil things and poison without using Rise Critical. Though overtime he will I prove a become stronger and faster. He's has tendency for growth during battle and especially against strong opponents.

Demonic Powers: He mastered all mainstream demonic power spells. Such as teleportation spells, ccommunication and elemental spells. So far he can use Fire, Ice, and thunder. There is also the typical magic bullet which is made from pure demonic power. He's also good aat forging contracts with powerful beings.

Demonic Magic: This is the magic system of devils. This uses magic equations to cast spells of varying degree. He's even gone above ultimate class to learning the Super Devil version called Kankara Formula which manipulates any phenomenon.

Spells:

Fire and Wind magics

Ice and Water magics

Transportation Circles- Allows teleportation between circles.

Bind Familiars

Summon Familiars

Kankara Formula Self-Destruct

Reversal - Reverses the effect or nature of a specific magic.

Drain Power

Seal Evil Pieces

Unseal Evil Pieces

Elemental Spells

Fire

Ice

Lightning

<Looks Manipulation - Allows Devils to change their looks.

Mind Reading

Protection from Mind Reading

Magic Bullet - Powerful offensive energy blast

Blade Barrage

Illusion

Audio-Visual communication

Mind Control

Defensive Barrier

Combat: He's a master at both hand to hand and weapon combat. Hand to hand is something he learned in the human world only. His weapon combat came from all over.

The Pocket(name subject to change.) :The bloodline trait of the Elarons. He has a pocket space where he can store things such as weapons, artificial sacred gear, armor and other things. It's an infinite space and he can equip directly upon summoning. When summoning there's a spacial distortion. In addition, he can return items from there instantly, even if they are out of his grasp. He can also recreate and repair items within The Pocket. He later rreceived lots of items in it that are from many to list. He later obtained the power to create anything in the pockets. Monsters,dimensions, weapons. Whatever comes to mind.

The Power of Destruction: The trait of the Bael. It has the ability to turn anything into nothing. It takes the form of black with a red outline. It can be manipulated into many forms. Two most common are the spheres called Ruin the Extinct or Extinguished Star which draws it's opponent in and then erases the person inside. This has no effect on the user though.

The Power of Creation: The power of the Astaroth. It can create anything and is nnormally combined with the Elaron trait. It's particularly good for developing new things.

Rise Critical: From the extinct household. It makes him stronger when healing from life threatening damage. It also grants him immunity to all poisons.

Equipment(Added as they are revealed)

Custom Holy Demonic Sword: Given to him by his father. It starts as a hilt and creates a blade of holy demonic energy. He can use light based attacks. He can release the energy in energy pulses or waves. Like Ichigo's Kuroi Getsuga Tenshou.

Youkai Staff: This is a staff made by both monkey and fox youkai. He can use senjutsu which uses ki and youjutsu which uses chakra. He can also use fox fire.

Element Feast: It allows the wielder to eat elements they produce to increase their power. He has yet to Balance Break this one.

Ex Durandal: This was made from the swords Excalibur 7 and Durandal Flash. It has 7 abilities. Ruler, Rapidly, Destruction, Nightmare, Transparency, Mimic, and Blessing. He has mastered 3 of them and partial mastery over another.

Ruler- Controls the concept of ruling. At his current level he can control enemy attacks.

Detruction- This makes him able fire huge aura waves from the swoed gradually ten times his max out put with just physical strength.

Rapidly- Increases his speed to how fast he wants to go. But he has to have an accurate mach in his head when uaing it.

Mimic- Changes the sword's form.

Transpeency- Makes him invisible and intangible."

Not sure if this qualifies, but I remember just some months ago signing up for an RP on another site. I wanted to have my character be a robot that resembled an animal, but the GM just responded with "NO FURRIES" even though he never said that he put a ban on animalistic characters. I signed up again a bit after that with a few changes, and he called my character a furry again. Then we got into an argument over the qualification of a furry, and that pretty much derailed the thread.

Personally, I don't mind Mary Sues or what have you because they can be really fun and likable but my number one main problem is meta gaming. It makes me so apprehensive to write in-depth once I notice my partner doing it.

Second number one problem is when people are wanting to start a roleplay with me but instead of discussing a plot that would work for our characters, they come at me with a "my character does this and your character does that and this is exactly how it's supposed to go." Then they get mad when I don't want to follow their script.

Last edited by a moderator:
TyrantKingKuma said:
Found another extract of a bio done by the guy I mentioned earlier....
"Abilities

Physical Trait(Also Refer to Grid Points): His physical traits were degraded a lot thanks to that dart. He has 60% resistance to anti devil things and poison without using Rise Critical. Though overtime he will I prove a become stronger and faster. He's has tendency for growth during battle and especially against strong opponents.

Demonic Powers: He mastered all mainstream demonic power spells. Such as teleportation spells, ccommunication and elemental spells. So far he can use Fire, Ice, and thunder. There is also the typical magic bullet which is made from pure demonic power. He's also good aat forging contracts with powerful beings.

Demonic Magic: This is the magic system of devils. This uses magic equations to cast spells of varying degree. He's even gone above ultimate class to learning the Super Devil version called Kankara Formula which manipulates any phenomenon.

Spells:

Fire and Wind magics

Ice and Water magics

Transportation Circles- Allows teleportation between circles.

Bind Familiars

Summon Familiars

Kankara Formula Self-Destruct

Reversal - Reverses the effect or nature of a specific magic.

Drain Power

Seal Evil Pieces

Unseal Evil Pieces

Elemental Spells

Fire

Ice

Lightning

<Looks Manipulation - Allows Devils to change their looks.

Mind Reading

Protection from Mind Reading

Magic Bullet - Powerful offensive energy blast

Blade Barrage

Illusion

Audio-Visual communication

Mind Control

Defensive Barrier

Combat: He's a master at both hand to hand and weapon combat. Hand to hand is something he learned in the human world only. His weapon combat came from all over.

The Pocket(name subject to change.) :The bloodline trait of the Elarons. He has a pocket space where he can store things such as weapons, artificial sacred gear, armor and other things. It's an infinite space and he can equip directly upon summoning. When summoning there's a spacial distortion. In addition, he can return items from there instantly, even if they are out of his grasp. He can also recreate and repair items within The Pocket. He later rreceived lots of items in it that are from many to list. He later obtained the power to create anything in the pockets. Monsters,dimensions, weapons. Whatever comes to mind.

The Power of Destruction: The trait of the Bael. It has the ability to turn anything into nothing. It takes the form of black with a red outline. It can be manipulated into many forms. Two most common are the spheres called Ruin the Extinct or Extinguished Star which draws it's opponent in and then erases the person inside. This has no effect on the user though.

The Power of Creation: The power of the Astaroth. It can create anything and is nnormally combined with the Elaron trait. It's particularly good for developing new things.

Rise Critical: From the extinct household. It makes him stronger when healing from life threatening damage. It also grants him immunity to all poisons.

Equipment(Added as they are revealed)

Custom Holy Demonic Sword: Given to him by his father. It starts as a hilt and creates a blade of holy demonic energy. He can use light based attacks. He can release the energy in energy pulses or waves. Like Ichigo's Kuroi Getsuga Tenshou.

Youkai Staff: This is a staff made by both monkey and fox youkai. He can use senjutsu which uses ki and youjutsu which uses chakra. He can also use fox fire.

Element Feast: It allows the wielder to eat elements they produce to increase their power. He has yet to Balance Break this one.

Ex Durandal: This was made from the swords Excalibur 7 and Durandal Flash. It has 7 abilities. Ruler, Rapidly, Destruction, Nightmare, Transparency, Mimic, and Blessing. He has mastered 3 of them and partial mastery over another.

Ruler- Controls the concept of ruling. At his current level he can control enemy attacks.

Detruction- This makes him able fire huge aura waves from the swoed gradually ten times his max out put with just physical strength.

Rapidly- Increases his speed to how fast he wants to go. But he has to have an accurate mach in his head when uaing it.

Mimic- Changes the sword's form.

Transpeency- Makes him invisible and intangible."
Of topic, but it reminded me so much of this, I had to put it in.

The Rumor Come Out: Does Bruno Mars is Gay? - Bruno Mars

@Queen Yukari[/URL]. People like that are never fun to encounter.

The whole point of role-playing, as we all know, is to have fun. When someone is only in it for their own personal ego trip, it ruins it for everyone else. But an ego trip is one thing which is usually easy to deal with. You just cut them down before they gain momentum. What that guy did? Unthinkable.

In all honesty I have a single rhetorical question to ask (directed at him of course even though he's not here)... How dare you call yourself a role-player?

Really? How dare that guy call himself a role-player with an attitude like that?

He was no role-player. He was just a punk. Pure, plain, and simple.

I may be brand new to this site, but I have noticed very little negative activity on it as of yet so I take it as a good sign.

Good luck Queen Yukari! I hope you don't have to run into guys like that again anytime soon (never would be better, but you know you'll find another one eventually so steel yourself for that).

Barbas said:
I remember a certain user on this site that had a few break downs before he was banned. He mainly did things like randomly freaking out in the OOC, having his characters do things that made absolutely no sense like when he had a pilot somehow crash a futuristic helicopter though a heavily fortified bunker and have it somehow be completely intact, threatening to report people for just wanting to reboot an rp that died, and also saying things like children in Third World countries should starve to death because he's being bullied by an overweight girl.
. . . No wonder he was banned. Sheesh!

Okay... I have, over the last 18 years or so, built up plenty of stories to tell. But I'll stick with the one which irked me the most.

It happened on October 23, 2009 on another RP site... Oh I remember the exact date. How sad is that?

The RP itself was one I created and was the GM for. It was a modern day Black Ops type RP with every character fulfilling a different niche. Sniper. Explosives expert. Shotgunner. Tracker. Counter-Tracker. Etc, etc.

The individual in question, whom we shall refer to as Nobody, was actually the least developed in the cast as nothing but a self-proclaimed "jack of all trades" gunman. That's it. A "jack of all trades" gunman. He was good with firearms. That's it. That was the extent of his character. He had a more in depth bio and personality and such to back it up, but there was no indication on his profile that he had any specialized training in any other field.

So... naturally, what do you imagine he did?

Four of our characters met up under cover of darkness in the middle of the Amazon Jungles. Near pitch black, the only light being our flashlights. Our four characters were chatting about how best to approach their mission, which was the destruction of a local organized crime syndicate's smuggling ring. The Counter-Tracking Expert was watching us through the scope of his rifle since it had night vision and zoom function. Perfectly normal and acceptable. Just watching.

The team was newly assembled, so not everyone's characters were meant to trust one another just yet. So the Counter-Tracking Expert kept his distance to make sure that this was in fact his team. Cautious, and logical.

Theeeeen Nobody shows up.

Nobody, in pitch black darkness in the jungle managed to land his boat in complete silence on the shore not far from Counter Tracker's vessel (which he detailed as being sunk to avoid detection). Tracked the Counter-Tracking Expert's tracks (which were detailed as being erased on the go) in pitch black darkness and put him at gunpoint once he found him. This whole time he detailed quite eloquently the exact methods used to track the Counter-Tracking Expert. Each explanation was so flimsy that I was slowly feeling my heart rate increase in anger.

I nearly went off on him just for this, but a friend in the RP convinced me via pm to let it slide for now. Shamefully, I agreed.

Nobody had the Counter-Tracking Expert stand up with hands in the air and drop all of his weapons. Keep in mind the Counter-Tracking Expert has his back to Nobody's character the whole time. When the Counter-Tracking Expert's player noted that there was a pistol hidden beneath his bullet-proof vest, Nobody immediately posted afterwards saying IC, "Did you really think I didn't see that? Hand over the pistol. Slowly."

... This is pitch black darkness in the jungle. CTE had their back turned to Nobody's character. How in the bloody Hell did he "see" a pistol carefully concealed against CTE's chest given all of these conditions?

I snapped.

I went off on him old school style. And I mean I ripped right into him. I destroyed the "logic" of his posts on every level and announced that I was banning him from the RP and going to kill off his character for his misdeed. He replied "You aren't banning me. I'm leaving. I'm not staying in an RP where I'm not appreciated even though I did nothing wrong or against my character's capabilities."

. . . . . . . Can you say "Oblivious?" I think you can.

This is not the worst story I have regarding behavior, but it is the story which irked me the most. How do you not know when you're breaking the rules as well as stepping outside of your own character's abilities and noted training in an RP which specifically FORCED you to write about your Training History in the profile? Everyone in the RP naturally assisted me in calling him out, but he played it off as if he was the victim instead of the perpetrator.

Just... Infuriating.

Thankfully none of the people I have

ChoShadow said:
Okay... I have, over the last 18 years or so, built up plenty of stories to tell. But I'll stick with the one which irked me the most.
It happened on October 23, 2009 on another RP site... Oh I remember the exact date. How sad is that?

The RP itself was one I created and was the GM for. It was a modern day Black Ops type RP with every character fulfilling a different niche. Sniper. Explosives expert. Shotgunner. Tracker. Counter-Tracker. Etc, etc.

The individual in question, whom we shall refer to as Nobody, was actually the least developed in the cast as nothing but a self-proclaimed "jack of all trades" gunman. That's it. A "jack of all trades" gunman. He was good with firearms. That's it. That was the extent of his character. He had a more in depth bio and personality and such to back it up, but there was no indication on his profile that he had any specialized training in any other field.

So... naturally, what do you imagine he did?

Four of our characters met up under cover of darkness in the middle of the Amazon Jungles. Near pitch black, the only light being our flashlights. Our four characters were chatting about how best to approach their mission, which was the destruction of a local organized crime syndicate's smuggling ring. The Counter-Tracking Expert was watching us through the scope of his rifle since it had night vision and zoom function. Perfectly normal and acceptable. Just watching.

The team was newly assembled, so not everyone's characters were meant to trust one another just yet. So the Counter-Tracking Expert kept his distance to make sure that this was in fact his team. Cautious, and logical.

Theeeeen Nobody shows up.

Nobody, in pitch black darkness in the jungle managed to land his boat in complete silence on the shore not far from Counter Tracker's vessel (which he detailed as being sunk to avoid detection). Tracked the Counter-Tracking Expert's tracks (which were detailed as being erased on the go) in pitch black darkness and put him at gunpoint once he found him. This whole time he detailed quite eloquently the exact methods used to track the Counter-Tracking Expert. Each explanation was so flimsy that I was slowly feeling my heart rate increase in anger.

I nearly went off on him just for this, but a friend in the RP convinced me via pm to let it slide for now. Shamefully, I agreed.

Nobody had the Counter-Tracking Expert stand up with hands in the air and drop all of his weapons. Keep in mind the Counter-Tracking Expert has his back to Nobody's character the whole time. When the Counter-Tracking Expert's player noted that there was a pistol hidden beneath his bullet-proof vest, Nobody immediately posted afterwards saying IC, "Did you really think I didn't see that? Hand over the pistol. Slowly."

... This is pitch black darkness in the jungle. CTE had their back turned to Nobody's character. How in the bloody Hell did he "see" a pistol carefully concealed against CTE's chest given all of these conditions?

I snapped.

I went off on him old school style. And I mean I ripped right into him. I destroyed the "logic" of his posts on every level and announced that I was banning him from the RP and going to kill off his character for his misdeed. He replied "You aren't banning me. I'm leaving. I'm not staying in an RP where I'm not appreciated even though I did nothing wrong or against my character's capabilities."

. . . . . . . Can you say "Oblivious?" I think you can.

This is not the worst story I have regarding behavior, but it is the story which irked me the most. How do you not know when you're breaking the rules as well as stepping outside of your own character's abilities and noted training in an RP which specifically FORCED you to write about your Training History in the profile? Everyone in the RP naturally assisted me in calling him out, but he played it off as if he was the victim instead of the perpetrator.

Just... Infuriating.
This happens a lot in superhero roleplays too, my bread and butter. I think its people who want to be the spotlight and when you call them out on it they get defensive. I think because they genuinely don't understand why making themselves the spotlight is bad. They don't roleplay to write a story they roleplay to fulfill a fantasy.

nerdyfangirl said:
Thankfully none of the people I have
This happens a lot in superhero roleplays too, my bread and butter. I think its people who want to be the spotlight and when you call them out on it they get defensive. I think because they genuinely don't understand why making themselves the spotlight is bad. They don't roleplay to write a story they roleplay to fulfill a fantasy.
Indeed.

Yes, new rant buddies. Hurray!

I have several instances that occurred within a year.

Instance 1:

This was the May of 2015. I officially started picking up roleplaying again(still one-liners and ignorant OP as hell characters but still got demolished by even more OP chars). I roleplayed on Roblox of all places. Yeah, not surprising that I was such a bad RPer. So anyway, this server I was in was filled with people who actually use quotation marks when their characters spoke. I decided to be smart and waited for them to progress their RPs further so I could deem them worthy of my time. Soon enough, I got impatient and carefully approached them. I kept my distance, though, silently waiting for that one opportunity to join in on the RP. Long story short, I successfully joined their RP and had a tonne of fun. From there onwards, they added me to their guild.

Blah blah blah, 1 month passed and June arrived. During the past month, I had always thought about the events they hosted on Roblox but ultimately couldn't make it in time because timezones. Fortunately, it was then that they decided to create a Skype group. We basically grew really quick and progressed further into the RP. I was having the time of my life. I got to play whoever I wanted and incorporated a few of my favourite anime character's abilities. Mashed basically all the personality traits that I could think of into that one character and played him. There was no character approval system, it was basically the most cancerous Chat Roleplay I had ever stepped foot on(virtually). Of course, I was completely ignorant to my crimes and now still berate myself about it. I digress.

The way I roleplayed was horrendous. And you know what was the best part? None of the other members bothered to correct me because A.) They were inexperienced and doing the same thing but worse. B.)Couldn't give a damn about criticising. Although, option B seems more logical since the entire guild was just God Modders and Meta Gamers. The only thing that I remembered that was interesting was the fact that my character and some other character who was World of Warcraft based(Druid, Shaman and Demon. WE GOT AN ALL IN ONE, FOLKS!), fought for the love of one character. We took the fight to a forest. I started off by sending a torrent of water from a nearby river source at the Druid/Shaman/Demon thing. The character then manipulated trees to somehow block off the water? That was just the first part of the fight. A simple elemental duel.

It got WORSE. The man himself raised an impenetrable box-shaped shield and summoned ALL THE FREAKING MONSTERS THAT EXIST IN WOW. Now, I may have created OP characters, but I NEVER played them to be OP. My characters actually took hits. HIS CHARACTER LITERALLY REMAINED UNSCATHED THE ENTIRETY OF THE FIGHT. I had never been so PISSED at someone during an RP. I didn't call him out at that moment because I was a complete dolt and was too inexperienced to actually have my words make an impact. So I let him win.

From then onwards, I stayed the f*ck away from the guy and focussed on reading tips from online websites on how to improve my RPing skills and what to do/what not to do. I actually bothered to do research while his character f*cked the love interest of my character. No man could stand watching the love of his life getting pregnant by his once best friend, and so I turned my character into an antagonist by making him insane. I went on a full hiatus after my main character got killed off and worked on learning the ways of proper RPing[That's how I found RPN actually]. Of course, when my character turned insane, the WoW fanboy had to incorporate Naruto OP shit into his character. I was beyond pissed at how they let this slide... Or rather how I let it slide. I gave up in building up a good Arc to end off my character's life and just came up with some half-assed roleplay on how he died.

I still have other instances from the same RP guild, mind you. This is only the tip of the iceberg.

I have an incident, which is probably the reason I'm here in the first place. In a way, this incident actually proved to be good for me, it helped me to distinguish between douchebags and non-douchebags, and it helped me to carefully plan out my words before I post them, out of character, of course.

So, I was in this RP, where stuff happened. I'd rather not elaborate the theme of the RP in detail in respect for the owner, so let's just say that it was a RP set somewhere in the high middle ages, it was all an incorporation of Byzantine, Arabian and Chinese cultures.

So, we got this guy who's making this story arc, which is basically plasma wielding robots better fitted to an extremely futuristic world, rather than a medieval one.

So, I pointed that out, very politely, and the creator goes all insane, rambling about how it took him just about one year to create this arc.

I was like, pretty chill and accepting of that fact.

Now, after three days or so, I was joking around with another friend, in OOC, at the same forum, about a tactical plan to overthrow the evil robot empire. It was clearly evident that it was joke, complete with strong sarcasm.

Only a bratty potty-mouthed 12 year old kid would fail to realize that, which I suspected was what he really was after what unfolded later on.

He started throwing tantrums, extremely big tantrums, about how we were conspiring to ruin his 'perfect' arc. And that neither can we create another arc, nor can we dispute the fact that the empire of his was indestructible.

I pointed out the fact that he was overreacting.

Big mistake.

He started calling me by my name, and then cursing intensely.

I proceeded to mention how both futuristic weaponry and OOC fighting wasn't allowed there, in an extremely calm and constructive manner.

But he just wouldn't listen. He started rambling about mistakes of mine in the more earlier years of my RPing career, which I admit was actually really my mistakes, and not made up ones. But how the hell did he get the drop on me? And look what I discover? The moderator (she knew me from the start, but we probably weren't on very good terms), her best friend and that guy were conspiring (really conspiring, not kidding, they revealed it) behind my back.

And guess what? My best buds didn't even jump to my rescue, they were way too scared of getting their asses kicked out of that RP.

I report all these to the administrator as fairly and simply as I can. And I learn that the administrator's in with their little group.

At that point, it was too much for me to handle, and I quickly carried my ass off from that dank RP, and I never returned.

But I do plan to, for I wish to enact my revenge upon them! In a different account, of course...

Mwahahahahahahaha...

Elephantom said:
I have an incident, which is probably the reason I'm here in the first place. In a way, this incident actually proved to be good for me, it helped me to distinguish between douchebags and non-douchebags, and it helped me to carefully plan out my words before I post them, out of character, of course.
So, I was in this RP, where stuff happened. I'd rather not elaborate the theme of the RP in detail in respect for the owner, so let's just say that it was a RP set somewhere in the high middle ages, it was all an incorporation of Byzantine, Arabian and Chinese cultures.

So, we got this guy who's making this story arc, which is basically plasma wielding robots better fitted to an extremely futuristic world, rather than a medieval one.

So, I pointed that out, very politely, and the creator goes all insane, rambling about how it took him just about one year to create this arc.

I was like, pretty chill and accepting of that fact.

Now, after three days or so, I was joking around with another friend, in OOC, at the same forum, about a tactical plan to overthrow the evil robot empire. It was clearly evident that it was joke, complete with strong sarcasm.

Only a bratty potty-mouthed 12 year old kid would fail to realize that, which I suspected was what he really was after what unfolded later on.

He started throwing tantrums, extremely big tantrums, about how we were conspiring to ruin his 'perfect' arc. And that neither can we create another arc, nor can we dispute the fact that the empire of his was indestructible.

I pointed out the fact that he was overreacting.

Big mistake.

He started calling me by my name, and then cursing intensely.

I proceeded to mention how both futuristic weaponry and OOC fighting wasn't allowed there, in an extremely calm and constructive manner.

But he just wouldn't listen. He started rambling about mistakes of mine in the more earlier years of my RPing career, which I admit was actually really my mistakes, and not made up ones. But how the hell did he get the drop on me? And look what I discover? The moderator (she knew me from the start, but we probably weren't on very good terms), her best friend and that guy were conspiring (really conspiring, not kidding, they revealed it) behind my back.

And guess what? My best buds didn't even jump to my rescue, they were way too scared of getting their asses kicked out of that RP.

I report all these to the administrator as fairly and simply as I can. And I learn that the administrator's in with their little group.

At that point, it was too much for me to handle, and I quickly carried my ass off from that dank RP, and I never returned.

But I do plan to, for I wish to enact my revenge upon them! In a different account, of course...

Mwahahahahahahaha...
I hate those kinds of moderators. In fact, I dislike most Mods because of bad experiences with them. Immature mods given power is something that needs to be looked upon on all platforms.

I had posted a prompt and someone connected.We were discussing characters, and after I posted mine, they replied with the following.

" Oh great! it's you. Thanks for disconnecting on me after I asked a question on whether or not to incorporate a plot point into the RP we were gonna have, especially when I said it was completely optional and not at all necessary. If it's not something you wanted incorportated that's be fine, and if you wanted to end the RP you could've even just said "hey that's not for me! Good luck searching!" and I woulda understood. But you gotta be a paragon of rudeness. "

Then they disconnected. I'm not gonna lie, I don't know who this person is. All I know is that being disconnected on, while annoying, is NOT rude. This person is a massive hypocrite, and I hope to never run into them again.

This is a really funny forum and I just wanna add my piece!

I use to develop characters for a bunch of my friends to use on their own RP's, it was fun for me and allowed people who weren't really good at kinda stuff to still be involved. Anyway, through this practice I met, hm let's call them, Lizard. Lizard was pretty nice at first and a good writer (I'll give credit where credit is due) but what lurked under the nice cordial surface was something akin to Chucky, and no, this is not hyperbole.

Basically I created a character for them and welcomed them into the group. After this they kinda just hang around our group messages and didn't do much in world, but it was a pretty big group so I just assumed they were nervous or busy.

Skip to a few months later, Lizard finally jumps into an RP my friend is hosting (this was a college rp with kids trying to figure out if a haunting in the dorms was real, Scooby Doo style). They have a new character and this character is so OP half the group is just stunned into horrified silence. They can control fate and time and has the ability to mind control other peoples character's. The host doesn't want to publicly humiliate them by telling them, "yo, get yourself some limits or get the heck out" so she asked me to skype them (the site didn't have a PM system in place then) and explain this isn't the rp for that. I do and I try to be so nice about it bc we've all been there when we start out RPing, maybe not that extreme but still. They say that this is the character they need to RP as and I told them it wasn't the right RP and to Remake or wait for a RP that can handle their crazy fate wielding god thing.

Anyway, they lose it. They go back onto the RP, which was composed of the 9 people who were most active in the forum and myself, and go OOC. They start yelling and calling people by their real names and flooding the RP with rants and saying how they were gonna find us and show us what, and I quote here, "Real power was". It took exactly two minutes before the host blocked them from the entire thing. All of us were pretty weirded out but that's not the worst part. The worst part is that somehow, and literally most of us save for me and the host, used different handlers for other social media, somehow they found other platforms and started messaging people on their Facebook's and Instagram's IN CHARACTER. Like, I wish this was a bad fever dream but my friend got a message on Instagram that said "*walks closer* I'll twist fate to make you regret forcing me out." Needless to say, we blocked this crazy person and was forever more careful about who we let into our groups.

Holy crud...that must have been a "horror"-fying experience for you! 

Puns aside, I'm glad you are alright.

Wow, these stories are sometimes hilarious and other times horrifying. Jeez.

I think the worst one I ever saw was on another site. I'd tested out an RP idea with a smaller group and it'd gone wonderfully. Now, I was a much younger girl then and barely experienced in the art of GMing. I was new to the site, but once I figured it out I made my RP. I was flooded with character applications and approved pretty much all of them. One guy joined as some... Hmm. His character was some sort of insanely powerful demon who had a laundry list of abilities and was unable to be killed for... *insert bs reason here*

The RP ran smoothly for weeks and this was the largest project I'd ever run so I was quite proud. At the same time, bs guy (we'll call him Bob) started PMing me and telling me my character needed to sleep with his. I kinda laughed it off and said no, talking to a buddy of mine on the site. My buddy seemed uncomfortable with the entire situation and told me to kick the guy immediately but I didn't listen. Not long after that Bob started sending me sexually explicit content and attempting to initiate a cyber sex RP. I kept turning him away but felt uncomfortable with reporting him.

His aggression and attempts to push the RP into sexually explicit territory caused everyone but myself and my buddy to leave (I don't blame them) so I shut the thread down. That didn't stop Bob. He kept messaging me and I had stupidly given him my messenger username so he had access to me off site. Still, I didn't block him. He started telling me it was my fault, that because I didn't cyber with him he caused the thread to shut down. When I repeatedly spurned his advances he told me to go kill myself and blocked me instead ^^; ah, the folly of youth...

I want to give you my experience so far, and ask for advice...

I was a part of this pretty tight RP - no more than 8 people. I was invited by the GM, who was keeping an open mind with just 4 rules - No godmodding, no auto, no Marry Sue, no metagaming. Everything else was perfectly fine. The RP was set in Tokyo and it was supernatural type - with super powers, aliens, monsters and stuff.

My character was your average Joe, no special powers, no special skills, apart from him being a good mechanic and good driver. Over the time he opened a garage, started making profit, then his little garage turned into a winning corporation. While the other characters were set on fighting each other,  my character was focused on story progression - he became from 5000 dollar loan to a billionaire, with a luxury house, a skyscraper tower as his company HQ, living the lifestyle of the rich and famous. A couple of the other Role players decided to join me, and quit fighting and started "working" for my character. There were some complaints from him, in OOC (we used skype) but the GM said that it is a free RP and everybody could do whatever they want. That was it for then.
Soon after he built his tower, he started working on science, focusing on global problems, and developing a cure for cancer, he ended up creating a biological weapon. In an attempt to destroy it, he ended up infected by it. It gave him powers, beyond what other players had. Long story short - the virus changed his cells, turning him into biomass, with the shape of a human. He could shape shift, absorb biomass to boost his power, and have superhuman strength, speed, endurance, etc. In other words, he was now a match to other players. Then, one of the people in the RP, who had created a person, who can control shadows, decided to fight my character. I told him OOC in skype and in the RP that I am not interested, and I continued with my story. Then he started destroying everything my character built, so he could force me to fight. I said OK, and I fought him. He started godmodding, meta gaming, autoing, everything. The GM, and all of the other players noticed that, they talked with him, but he didn't listen. According to him everything was fine. Since I hate being in an argument, I told him that if I am such a nuisance to him, I quit. So I did. But he didn't stop, he continued to pester me over skype to finish our fight. So I decided to bring out my character special ability to absorb biomass (in other words - to eat a human). Then he used his special ability - shadow world, where everybody is a "normal human" as he explained it, and then he killed my character. I told him that there is no way this could happen, because my character is not human, he is a physical manifestation of the virus. But he didn't listen. In the end I still quit, but I hate to lose. I gave him the win, so there is peace and quiet. 
So that's my story, I kept the character, hoping one day I will enter him in another RP. Truth is, I like that character a lot and I want to RP with him a lot, but it's hard for me to find the appropriate RP. I started to RP with one of the people who also left that one, but it isn't going well, because her writing skills are a bit on the low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back