• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Tales of the Dragoon needs characters!!!

Which of the following would you like to be made available to you for this RP?

• Multiple playable races

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A complete and functioning economical system

• A complete and functioning political system

• A complete timeline detailing the history of the RP world

• A complete list (and descriptions) of important locations and monuments

• A comprehensive list of creatures, common and mythical, in the RP world

• A complete list of materials (for weapons, armor, clothing, and more)

• A comprehensive history and detailing of the Gods, including the creation of the Dragoons

• A comprehensive detailing of warrior archetypes (magical and physical)

• A comprehensive history and detailing of the Nether Realm

• A complete list of common and uncommon items

• A complete list of weapon/armor types and magical tomes

• A mount system (horses or other such creatures to ride on)

• A criminal underground system/community

• An intimately (pun intended) involved romance system

• Total voters

Kyero

Three Thousand Club
Hey guys, and welcome to: Tales of the Dragoon

This RP focuses on a group of mortals, some of whom will be chosen to become Dragoons.

The Dragoon is a super-warrior, neither mortal nor immortal, with unfathomable power. They were created by the Gods as an instrument of balance, protecting the world from the forces of darkness whenever the balance is threatened. In fact, when the Gods themselves fell to the Darkness during the Great Battle of the Gods, it was the Dragoons who clutched victory from the jaws of defeat.

Now the Darkness is returning, and the Dragoons no longer exist in the Mortal Plane. However, their bloodlines do remain, and their descendants have been chosen by the Gods to become the next Dragoons to defend the Mortal Plane from oblivion.

To become a Dragoon, your character will undergo a sacred (and literally brain splitting) ritual in the Higher Plane (the realm of the Gods) under the observation of the Alpha Dragoon. There, your character's soul will be taken and placed in a dimension between Realms. Your character becomes neither a mortal, nor an immortal, and they gain all the powers the Dragoons are famous for.

Their bodies will then be torn apart and put back together using powerful and forbidden magic the likes of which the Mortal Realm has never seen before, nor will ever be privileged to see. Your character is alive the whole time, and feels every muscle fiber torn out and put back, every organ wrenched out and put back, every drop of blood removed and replaced. Their bodies are augmented to the absolute zenith of their potential, and then put back together as if nothing had ever happened.

As a teaser, the Dragoon's capabilities are as follows once the ritual is complete: (And remember, Dragoons are human size)

* Powerful enough to fight a Dragon of any size and physically overpower them

* Mental control over Dragons residing in the Mortal Plane

* Their physical strength is limited only by their willpower, meaning if they have the willpower they could literally level a mountain with a single well placed punch or even crack the Earth into two halves

* A naturally comprehensive understanding of the Nether Realm's forces

Sound like something you'd like to portray? I hope so!

The poll above asks a few simple questions about what kind of information you'd like to have available to you before and during the RP, so please answer them honestly and I'll be working on those which have the most votes.

However, please DO NOT answer the questions in the poll unless you intend to join because voting without joining the RP (or even trying to join) is nothing short of insulting and completely useless to me as the GM. I only need the opinions and votes of those who intend to join. Thank you!

The RP is currently still under light construction to finalize some of the mechanics, but the meat and potatoes of the RP are complete and it is ready for new characters!

But please be cautious about your approach. Rule #1 of the RP has already claimed one role-player's profile, and I'd rather not see it happen again.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
KingHink said:
Aaahhhh. This reminds me of a very good video game.
Which one? I thought up this idea from scratch so now I'm curious as to which video game this reminds you of.

KingHink said:
Legend of Dragoon.
Interesting.

I only know the name of the Dragoon class in Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, and that's where I got the inspiration to come up with the idea for this RP. All of the RP's details are mine though, which I'm quite proud of.

For those who are wondering, a link to the RP (under construction) can be found here:

Bumpeddy!

Bump!

Then by all means, please check the RP out and if you have an idea for a character then get to work and submit to the "Character Sign-Up" page when you're ready.

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]I may be interested, this use dice or?

[/QUOTE]
The RP's design doesn't call for dice, plus I personally have found that dice are a relatively useless mechanic in fantasy adventure RP's.

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]Sorry, :P I'm looking for a DRPG at the moment.

[/QUOTE]
No worries. The response wasn't meant to be hostile or anything. Just informative.

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]Do you have any idea on how to connect to google drive on
Moblie, I need to get a PDF but I can't ATM.

[/QUOTE]
Sadly I do not.

EclipseRising said:
This looks amazing! I'd love to take part of you're still searching for members.
I am indeed in need of members. Thank you for your interest!

If you have any questions, now or later, then ask away.

Bump!

TheRedPenguin said:
This sounds cool I'm going to keep an eye on this to see if it goes anywhere! Hope to see you around.
As zCrookedz said, people who have expressed interest aren't turning in character sheets so it's not going anywhere at the moment. But if people who said they were interested started submitting characters, we could get things rolling pretty quickly.

Anyway, if you're interested then please stop by the RP and see if it's something you'd like to become a part of. Its information and mechanics are still a work in progress, but the main body of what makes the RP what it is are there and ready to begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back