• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern tales of honour - interest check

spectro

dayman
5060483.png
20454647.gif

ic - ooc - characters - rules - npcs - lore
In the small town of Mapleton, North Carolina, nothing ever happens. It's the cliche, crime-free town. With a population of just over three thousand, it's the perfect place to live; or it was up until four months ago.

Elizabeth Orsen, a young mother of two little boys, was taking her usual jogging route at 12:42pm on August 1st, 2017. The road she took was completely revealed to the whole neighborhood. It was light outside, there were people around, and yet by 8pm that night, Orsen was reported missing. A day later, her body was found in a warehouse, a gun in her hand as if she had committed suicide. The coroners report showed no foul play, and the only thing left behind was a footprint; male size 9. Mapleton was hardly shaken by Orsen's terrible demise, and they recovered quickly to their chipper state. For a few weeks, things went back to normal, and people started to forget about Orsen and all the lingering thoughts that they had.

Until September 18th, nearly two months later, when a seventeen year old girl by the name of Jana Peterson was found in the same position Orsen had been found in, except this time she was in a children's park. The only other differing detail was that there was no footprint this time, just a hair. But the hair was from a man that couldn't have possibly killed anyone, because it belonged to Stanley Brown, a local celebrity, who had been in a coma for the past thirteen years. Peterson had been walking home from a party alone; her house only two blocks away, and yet something had happened during that journey. The unfortunate Mother who found her was scared for life; Kathey Coleman, and so she decided to start a neighborhood watch.

The most recent 'suicide' was a man named David Toff, and his is arguably the most horrific. Toff was an engineer at the power plant in town, and after a late night shift, he drove home. Somewhere between getting out of his car and walking to his house, he was taken, and displayed in his family's living room. His fiancee, Olivia called it in when she found the body and tragically took her own life minutes later. There was no clue left behind.

TL ; DR
This roleplay will be focused on the employees at the Sheriff's station. There will be episodes, each with a task to fulfill, and each with clues to be found. I would like to focus on a small group of roleplayers, and I would like there to be aspects of drama, romance, comedy and a slight bit of horror. If you're interested, take a look at some of the roles below, and you can express that interest in the comments. This isn't first come first serve, but I can give you priority over a role.

Sheriff:
Edward Bilton
He's kind of a grump, but he's loved by the whole town. He has never had a family of his own, as his whole life he's been in the army or dedicated to his job. He's a good boss as long as you do what you're told, but sometimes he gets too intimate with the case and he loses his head.

Chief Deputy:
-slot-
Bilton's right hand man/woman. He/she has been recently promoted to chief after the previous chief, Arthur Rawley retired and moved away. He/she is fairly young and wants to prove to the Sheriff they they're worth it.

Coroner:
-slot-
He.she moved to town very recently after the first 'suicide'. Has very strong opinions. Wants to go back home. Is heavily involved with the case.

Investigations Sergeant:
-slot-
Head of crime scene investigation. Doesn't get on with the Sheriff, they both argue over power.

Deputy:
-multiple slots-
They work in teams as well as with the others, they take on interviews/interrogations as well as having a role in crime scene investigation and witness protection.

interested in a deputy role, or maybe even the coroner.

I'd be down with the Investigations Sergeant, I love a good bit of tension. :D

Last edited:
I'm interested in the chief deputy role
I'm interested in this, and would like to be one of the deputies.
I'm interested in this, and would like to be one of the deputies.
interested in a deputy role, or maybe even the coroner.
I'd be down with the Investigations Sergeant, I love a good bit of tension. :D
Interested in a Deputy Position ~!
Interested in the deputy slot. Reminiscent of the X files. Looks noice.
tales of honour - characters you can apply for all characters now!!! none have been officially taken!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back