• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tales of Arcadia

Nacrud nodded, "Of course I do, I'm sure all species know of the world traveler. As for the strong energy... I did feel it, however I made a discovery in some of your older texts that held my attention more than whoever was here." He took the scroll from a pocket of his pants, though where those pockets were was a mystery, and held it out to Peter. "These texts are not what they seem to be, they hold dragon enchantments that only a dragonkin can read granted they know the full dragon language. That is a trait only the shamans and monks have attained. It speaks of one of the primals stones, the Crimson Queen's stone being somewhere in Dragonspire ruins north of here." He looked into Peter's eyes with utmost seriousness, "I must obtain it before before someone less favorable gets there."

@CNHart

The leviathan nodded, "That is true, not many beings live to see a leviathan." Kodai then noticed the raven circling the leviathan. It did not act as a normal raven however, for it wouldn't dare be near the shore let alone the leviathan. Speaking in the tounge of a raven he called out to it. "What makes you so curious as to risk your feathers?" Alex would not understand what Kodai was saying, or even what he was talking to unless he had the eyesight of an eagle. "Surely you're not seeking death, come down before my friend chooses to eat you."

@IMthatGUY @Handabooo

Evasus wrote another rune in the sand and held his hand to it. As he did the rune began to glow and the sands around them swirled into a violent sandstorm for several moments before the ruined city was uncovered from the sand. "Here in the ruined city is where the portal stands. We can take it to transport to the Dragonspire ruins instantly. While we wait for Nacrud I will begin to teach you valuable spells for a traveler such as the one you've seen twice now." He walked into the tower-like structure and looked around, "It should be here somewhere..." After a few moments of what seemed to be him staring at a wall he walked to the left and pressed his hand on the wall. "Damos saa kar teruun." As he spoke another rune glowed and a portal popped alive. "There we go... this should take us to the inner most sanctum of the ruins we're going to."

@Handabooo

It was then that Qef almost had a heart attack. Not only was there a water beast risen from the water, but now one of the humans below was calling to her. 

In the language of a raven.

Now, how exactly did he know how to do that? His pronunciation was impeccable, for Qef could have sworn another bird was speaking to her. But no, it was the male. Perhaps that was how he had called the sea beast, and how he had ridden such odd creatures here.

The boy wished for her to come down, which wasn't a bad idea. He had confirmed that the beast could and most likely would eat her, so the female dipped her wings yet again, this time aiming for near the two humans. A small rock poked out of the sand close to where they were, so she chose that as her perch. 

"How do you know our speech?" questioned the raven, her eyes peering intelligently at the two. "Does he know it, too?" She ruffled her feathers and cawed at the other male. She would have shifted, but there were two things stopping her.

One: She was still tired.

Two: Even if she wasn't, there was something about the boy who had talked to her. It was like she had to remain a raven.

@IMthatGUY @NViouz_DVationz

~~~

Teftin brought her hands to her face in an effort to escape the stinging sand that Evasus caused to swirl about. When it stopped, she opened her eyes to see the city that had been buried beneath the sand for so long. Evasus stated that he would begin to teach her spells, but they would travel through a portal first.

As Evasus searched for the location of the so-called portal, Teftin looked up and around the tower they had gone inside. Old carvings lined the walls, with some kind of odd writing. She walked closer to the wall, and the morning she stared at the writing, the more she could make it out. She realized it could be some kind of dragonkin writing, which was why she could read it. None of it made much sense, however, for many symbols had been rubbed smooth by sand.

The girl turned back to Evasus as a sudden sound came from where he was. It was then that she saw a portal, a perfect circle in the wall, that seemed to lead to another room. Except there was no other room on the other side of that wall. Teftin approached it, stopping beside Evasus. "I suppose... I'll step in now..."

The girl took a deep breath, steadying herself, and stepped, one foot at a time, into the portal. She opened her eyes, after she realized what had closed them, and found herself in s completely different place. The air was cooler, and it was incredibly dark inside. Seeing as it was the innermost sanctum, there were no windows to be found.

@NViouz_DVationz

Last edited by a moderator:
Kodai continued to speak in raven, "I know the language of every beast that lives on this earth. I can speak to anything from the meager worm to the mighty leviathan in their native tongue." He walked over to the raven, "Yet you are no ordinary raven are you? I can tell because you do not act as other ravens would with a leviathan nearby. " He then looked to Alex for but a moment, "He cannot speak the tongue of beasts, only I am capable of it as far as my knowledge."

~~

Evasus joined her shortly after and looked around. "It's been some time since I've been here." He walked over to where a small pedestal held a red orb and looked it over. "One of the primal stones... the soul of the Crimson Queen... she was such a lovely woman. Always cared for the other dragons and the world's future. She actually felt sorry for me when I-" Evasus turned to Teftin and spoke again, "Now onto the matter of your apprenticeship, first you must learn all languages which will require a ritual, the headache you felt when I taught you the tongue of dragons... that was but a fraction of what you'll feel if you're awake when I teach you the rest." He traced his finger on the stone beneath their feet, "Once you're ready I will put you into a state of rest as I teach you the rest of all languages."

@Handabooo

He stood there waiting, listening, observing. This was quite an experience, and as much as he wanted interact, he figured this was the masked man's domain. Still listening and watched the beast closely, Alex was surprised when suddenly the Beastmaster looked up and started squawking. Squawking and chirping, as if to a bird.

Looking up, Alex could see nothing but the Beastmaster obviously did. Speaking to something, he 'chatted' for a bit before a Raven swooped into the boy's view. Soon it took to a nearby perch, and this time Alex could hear it chirp back. It seemed to look in his direction periodically, but he simply sat back with his hand on his sheathed swords.

'How strange this would look to anyone that just walked up.' Alex rolls his eyes, smiling at Kodai's squawking. Once more the bird peered at him, and Kodai gestured towards him, and then they went back to talking. The boy in black glanced up at the leviathan that just simply stayed in the same place, observing. 'I shall do the same then...'

@NViouz_DVationz @Handabooo

"You have sharp eyes," cawed Qef, whose claws shifted on the rock as the male approached. "Are you always this nosy? Or are you just making an exception for me?" She clacked her beak loudly, almost disbelieving the boy's claim of knowing all animal languages. Then again, here they were, a human and a raven conversing normally.

"You are right; I come from the lands of the far north, where outsiders call my species Ravenita Miserin. Too much of a classification, if you ask me." The female shook her head, then fluttered off the rock to land several feet away in the sand. "Give me a moment, then. Your companion might view you as mad, for going on squawking at a bird."

Qef took several deep breaths, trying to rid herself of this feeling that she should remain a raven, and started to shift. As she grew, some feathers molded together to form lighter skin, while others formed her black hair. Drowsiness threatened to overtake her, but Qef refused to succumb to that. She remained on her knees as her dress finished forming, then said, "How many ravens can do that, eh?"

~~~

Teftin bit her lip in anxiety. Would she really feel nothing? Would she ever wake up? But she supposed that this was a first step to learning the ways of the world traveler, so she nodded. "Do what you must... You have brought me to no real harm so far."

She stared at the orb, which was a deep red, almost like blood. What exactly was it? And why was Evasus being so secretive? She hoped she would understand, but for now, everything was a mystery. 

@NViouz_DVationz

Kodai chuckled, "I have seen but a handful of ravens do that. I actually came back from a trip to the north not too long ago." Kodai held out a hand and bowed, "Tis a pleasure to meet you, I am Kodai Kemoro, beast man and beast master." He then looked to Alex, "This is Alex, blade for hire as far as I know thus far." As he finished he turned to the leviathan. "It was a pleasure to talk to you dear friend." The leviathan nodded, "The same to you." With farewells out of the way the leviathan retreated back into the depths from whence it came.

@IMthatGUY @Handabooo

Evasus nodded, "We shall begin whenever you are ready."

@Handabooo (Writers block 0.0)

Peter

"I will aid you, but I have my own reasons to embark on this quest with you; know that I will consider myself before you until my agenda is cleared. If the less favorable individual I'm thinking of doesn't show up, you have nothing to worry about my commitment and help." Peter pauses, his back leaning against his chair; he was in a deep, contemplative thought, "I'd like to wait for the others to get here before we speak of this further, or act on your findings; I have this business I'm leaving for the time being and I need those who are involved to hear what I need to say. I also need to speak to the boy who came with you, the woman as well, and anyone else of interest; it's imperative that I do this."

@NViouz_DVationz

Teftin, her heartbeat beginning to rise once more, put her back against a wall, then sank down to a sitting position. She figured that if she would she put to sleep, she would most likely fall to the floor. She really didn't want to experience any more pain than she had to. There was a cold touch on her forehead, and suddenly everything seemed to melt away. Evasus was gone, the chamber was gone, and everything was black. 

But as Teftin slept, she also dreamt. Words began to flow like a river across her soul, and it seemed as though wings of knowledge began to carry her across her mind. It was beautiful, that she could see and know so much, that it was all so clear to her. Teftin's lips were now trained in so many ways that they hadn't been before, and her tongue knew how to pronounce every sound and syllable that had ever been said.

And then, it was over. Her dream began to shatter like glass, falling apart before her eyes. The shards seemed to fall on her head, cutting open deep wounds and creating such a splitting pain that Teftin had never felt before. As her eyes opened in the real world, she could only see flashes of light for a moment. 

But the pain she felt ebbed away as quickly as it had appeared, merely a remnant of what her sleeping body had endured. Her chest heaved as though she has never breathed air before, and she fell upon her elbow as a sudden bout of dizziness overcame her. 

The knowledge she had received in her dream, however, remained with her, and she could recall with precision every language and form of communication. "Evasus... Where... Where are you? That was incredible..."

@NViouz_DVationz

Evius

The echoing sounds of footsteps traveled throughout the empty dark hallways, powerful enough to shake off the dust between the open cracks of the old stony walls and ceiling. The sounds were distant, yet were able to amplify itself with intensity over time. The vacuum of silence acted as a medium, allowing it to achieve its greatest potential. At its source, an unknown shadowy figure could be seen casually descending a flight of stairs. Upon reaching the bottom floor, the figure halted in his tracks and only stood silently for a mere moment, listening to the gust of wind rushing at him. It felt cold. The wind itself was relatively strong and managed to propel itself upward through the very same stairwell where he once came, escaping its supposed entrapment. With another second to pass, a sudden bright amber colored flame emerged from his staff as if it appeared out of thin air. The burst of burning light eventually settled down, lighting the surrounding area erasing a significant portion of the haunting darkness. Revealing himself to be Evius, he quickly observed his surroundings, mesmerized at the now visible sight. 'So this is the Grey Labyrinth I heard so much about...' he thought in awe. The dungeon had been untouched no fewer than a hundred years. You undoubtedly could tell by the amount of dust built up over the decades and the aging putrid smell that wafts deep within the dungeon. Presumably, it was accidentally discovered by local miners in search for valuable minerals to excavate within the initial caverns. When news broke out of its discovery, many researchers and explorers from every inch of the country flocked over towards the labyrinth, anticipating what secrets and treasures were buried beneath its walls. The first group gathered some of its best, venturing inside in hopes to map out its basic layout so that the rest could follow suit. Within several days of their departure, they had gotten no responses back from the supposed group. Concerned about their well-being, a second group was tasked to find the first group and retrieve them back to home base safe and sound. Similarly, within a few days, they too vanished without a trace. The leaders of the project labeled it as a complete utter failure, and those still inside were considered MIA (Missing in action) or dead with no further action to send in more recovery teams due to the perilous risk. From that point on, the site was closed and sealed off from the public view to prevent any more additional casualties. That said, the presumed abandoned labyrinth recently had been stirring up a bit of trouble for the nearby roads and villages. People have brought up stories of their encounters with the mysterious place. And from what Evius had overheard, it was during the darkest of nights that strange humanoid figures can be seen leaving the mouth of the cavern, kidnapping unsuspecting men, women, and children alike. This could have been labeled off as bandits harassing the populace if it were not for the fact that the related disappearances left many valuables behind with so much more than a drop of blood or any evidence of a fight. It was like they just vanished from this world. Not even the town guards could figure the hopeless case. Overall, the disappearances began to shallow the hearts and minds of the people and desperation started to settle in. While most adventurers and mercenaries turned a blind eye at the job, Evius had become intrigued by its tale. It was not often a job involved dungeon exploring and the reward was too good to pass up. He could hardly refuse. Yet, it hadn't ever crossed his mind that there was a small chance that he could die. And to be fair, he had done worse jobs beforehand, and even then he shrugged off the idea. Mayhaps, it was his drive for adventure that caused him to risk everything. Regardless, there was no time to ponder at the thought. He needed to be vigilant. Who knew what sort of traps and or monsters had lined up for him to encounter? He then pressed onward carrying his flaming staff further into the void, gradually disappearing from the naked eye.

Alex was in shock. He knew of some strange powers and abilities, but a Raven morphing into a girl before his eyes? Watching the feathers turn into flesh and hair, Alex did nothing, just stared.

When the Raven girl spoke it was in English. 'Thank God...' The boy thought. No more squawking was good. Kodai seemed not the least bit fazed by the new human that stood before him. The masked man introduced them, but not explaining what they we're doing.

Watching Kodai stay cool, Alex do his best to follow suit, bowing a little when he was introduced. The Beastmaster turned to the leviathan, saying his farewell. Once the serpent had left, the conversation continued.

"It has been quite an interesting day. Tell me, how can you do the morphing thing?" Alex question, interested in how these abilities worked. Maybe there would be a way for him to obtain some kind of power one day.

Peter

"I will aid you, but I have my own reasons to embark on this quest with you; know that I will consider myself before you until my agenda is cleared. If the less favorable individual I'm thinking of doesn't show up, you have nothing to worry about my commitment and help." Peter pauses, his back leaning against his chair; he was in a deep, contemplative thought, "I'd like to wait for the others to get here before we speak of this further, or act on your findings; I have this business I'm leaving for the time being and I need those who are involved to hear what I need to say. I also need to speak to the boy who came with you, the woman as well, and anyone else of interest; it's imperative that I do this."

@NViouz_DVationz

Nacrud nodded, "I understand completely, I would have it no other way." As he continued Nacrud listened carefully, "I shall find the girl who accompanied us, the boy I know has left for he is no longer in the main building." It was then that Kodai's phoenix made itself noticed, flying in through the open door and landing on Peter's shoulder. A small belt of sorts was attached to its foot a way to attach notes for transport. Nacrud then made a comment on the silver and blue bird. "That bird was watching me in the library, is it yours?"

Teftin, her heartbeat beginning to rise once more, put her back against a wall, then sank down to a sitting position. She figured that if she would she put to sleep, she would most likely fall to the floor. She really didn't want to experience any more pain than she had to. There was a cold touch on her forehead, and suddenly everything seemed to melt away. Evasus was gone, the chamber was gone, and everything was black. 

But as Teftin slept, she also dreamt. Words began to flow like a river across her soul, and it seemed as though wings of knowledge began to carry her across her mind. It was beautiful, that she could see and know so much, that it was all so clear to her. Teftin's lips were now trained in so many ways that they hadn't been before, and her tongue knew how to pronounce every sound and syllable that had ever been said.

And then, it was over. Her dream began to shatter like glass, falling apart before her eyes. The shards seemed to fall on her head, cutting open deep wounds and creating such a splitting pain that Teftin had never felt before. As her eyes opened in the real world, she could only see flashes of light for a moment. 

But the pain she felt ebbed away as quickly as it had appeared, merely a remnant of what her sleeping body had endured. Her chest heaved as though she has never breathed air before, and she fell upon her elbow as a sudden bout of dizziness overcame her. 

The knowledge she had received in her dream, however, remained with her, and she could recall with precision every language and form of communication. "Evasus... Where... Where are you? That was incredible..."

@NViouz_DVationz

Evasus took a few steps back as Teftin stood, "We are still in the sanctum. You were asleep for a mere minute... Impressive that you should be able to stand already with so many languages learned so quickly..." He then looked to the stone, "I do hope Nacrud shows soon, we have much to do ourselves and I cannot babysit both the stone and yourself. Tell me, of all the languages I just gave you knowledge of, what is your favorite? My personal favorite is that of the dragons of long ago."

Alex was in shock. He knew of some strange powers and abilities, but a Raven morphing into a girl before his eyes? Watching the feathers turn into flesh and hair, Alex did nothing, just stared.

When the Raven girl spoke it was in English. 'Thank God...' The boy thought. No more squawking was good. Kodai seemed not the least bit fazed by the new human that stood before him. The masked man introduced them, but not explaining what they we're doing.

Watching Kodai stay cool, Alex do his best to follow suit, bowing a little when he was introduced. The Beastmaster turned to the leviathan, saying his farewell. Once the serpent had left, the conversation continued.

"It has been quite an interesting day. Tell me, how can you do the morphing thing?" Alex question, interested in how these abilities worked. Maybe there would be a way for him to obtain some kind of power one day.

Kodai turned to Alex and smiled before speaking to Qef, "Yes, why don't you tell Alex here how your kind can so easily morph." He then walked over to Alex and held out an arm. "Strike my arm with your sword, slash, bash, stab... go ahead." Kodai had is own tricks such as morphing, however his were much more exaggerated than simply turning into a bird or a beast. If Alex took action to strike, the point of impact and area around it would quickly change to that of a leviathan's scales, nothing but a small scratch mark to show.

@Handabooo

Qef smiled as she stood up, brushing sand off her dress and brushing her hair off her face. "Genetics, Alexander. I'm afraid I know nothing magic, so I would be able to tell you if a spell was involved." The female cast a curious glance at Kodai as he held out an arm, wanting the other boy to hit it as hard as he could. Was asking for violence a common thing with beastmasters? 

"Call me Qef. While you perform your little... experiment, may I ask why there had been a Leviathan there before? And why it is now gone?"

@IMthatGUY @NViouz_DVationz

~~~

Teftin let out half of a chuckle as she stood, leaning against the wall. Her bag and staff were sitting on the floor beside her, so she leaned down and pulled a piece of flint from a pocket. "Let me think... The ancient language of dwarves is rough but can convey many emotions. And I love the creakings and rustlings of nymphs and tree people." 

The girl turned to look along the smooth wall, where she saw several old torches hanging. She grabbed one and touched its tip. It seemed to be still doused in oil, so she removed her necklace, which consisted of a smooth metal piece, and began to strike the flint against it. All it took was a spark, and the torch was set alight, illuminating the immediate area of the chamber. There were old writings in the walls, as had been in the ruins ruins before, but this time she could clearly read them. 

"Where exactly are we? I mean, in the world. Are we still in the desert?"

@NViouz_DVationz

"No. We are north of Grandalia in the mountains bordering the northern snowy regions of Arcadia. We are in an ancient dragon palace. The Crimson Queen's palace to be more specific." He turned his attention back to the crimson stone. "That is what is left of her soul... one of the five primal stones. She was protector of life and queen of fire, as well as queen of the dragons. She cared for all as if she was everyone's mother. When she passed, long after the creation of the stones, all of Arcadia mourned the loss of their mother." He pointed to the ancient text Teftin was reading, "Those were her last words about the stone before her passing. Written in the tongue of dragons, an old dialect very few can read these days." The text would read as such...

'Although my end has come, I am still with you in heart and spirit. The stone holds my very being, the essence of my purpose. One day a child of my people will grasp the stone and be reminded of the love I give to the world and the strength to protect those they care for as I have in my life. When that day comes, all shall feel the world change for the better, even in the darkest hours of life.'

Evasus read to himself the words of the queen. "Although she was not the aspect of knowledge and time... I believe she said the wisest words any being could say before their passing. Nacrud is the child she spoke of, this I knew after I heard of Nacrud's oath to finding the stones. He has suffered a great loss due to the corrupted aspect, and as such he has gained something I cannot describe in words that tells me the world is to change, better or worse, and he along with you and many others are to influence the next historical change."

@Handabooo

"Just... slice?" Alex looked skeptically at the masked man. He had his arm rolled up ready for strike. Alex looked from newly introduced Qef and Kodai to the arm. A nod reassured his seriousness.

Qef said it was genetics. Everything was genetics, and Alex didn't have the right ones. It upset him, because he had hope he could learn some kind if new powers. Not outwardly showing his annoyance, he took out a black sword.

Looking at it the Beastmaster's arm, it looked like a normal arm. Reaching out and touching it, very cautiously, Alex felt it squish like a real arm. Taking a step back, he asked one last time, "You sure?". Another nod, and with that the boy smiled. 'Ok let's do this.' Twirling the sword in a circle, he built up momentum in his blade. He didn't want the blade to stop halfway through.

With enough strength as it should've took to cut through, he planted his sword into Kodai's arm. Yet, instead of blood, sparks came out. Alex's sword said off his hand like butter, and he felt the vibrations flow down his arm as if he had struck metal.

Kodai's arm moved from the recoil but again only a small scratch and leviathan scales to show. "My genetics too allow me to Morph, although not to the extent of full transformation. It is also more subtle and throws off someone who does not have the perception to realize it." He took his arm back and spoke to Alex. "Everyone is capable of what I have just showed off, however the effects vary from individual to individual. There are still certain feats I cannot do such as fly or breathe water. I can simply 'trick' my being into thinking I am some other beast." It was then that his beasts returned, "I see they've returned..."

He then decided to answer Qef. "The leviathan was summoned by me. He is a dear friend who comes to my calling. We simply came to visit him. He left because we said our farewells." Hopefully that answered her question sufficiently.

@IMthatGUY @Handabooo

[SIZE=28pt]Peter[/SIZE][SIZE=28pt][/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10.5pt]“[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]It is a subordinate’s. Kodai’s Phoenix. A trustworthy companion.[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]” He reaches a hand up, his index finger stroking just under the magnificent bird’s beak, “[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]It’ll save me time.[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]” Peter rummages around a desk drawer for a piece of parchment, small in size; he’d dip the tip of his quill into an ink pot and write simply: ‘Return to the Guild Hall, my office. Bring the boy and any you trust.’ He’d roll it up neatly and slip it through the belt, making sure it was ready for transport. The young guild leader clicks his tongue as instructed so long ago to signal to the Phoenix. Once it was off he’d look towards Nacrud, “[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]I feel terrible. I’m honestly, without a doubt, a little excited for things to come; even if they spell doom for the entire world. It’ll be amazing for future civilizations to tell tales of how their world came to be nearly destroyed by hell itself. Even more so if they are stories of how hell was beaten back again.[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]” Peter smirks, a feint look of joy staining his expression, “[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Take your time in retrieving the girl, I’ll be here making ready our quest; its’ completion or failure tied with the fate of all.[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]” He spoke with such freedom, as if none of it scared him; at least in the usual way one would be frightened of such things.[/SIZE]

Qef's brows furrowed together, for the way Kodai had spoken of a Leviathan had been so nonchalant. Was this just a common occurrence to him, to come into contact with such fantastic beasts? Speaking of which, two of them suddenly appeared from the forest. They both looked dangerous, but seemed to make no moves of aggression. That, and Kodai had acknowledged their return. That must have meant that those had been the beasts that they had ridden on before. 

The girl stared a Kodai's skin as Alex's blade hit it, leaving no mark. She listened to him talk about it, but she still didn't understand. "No, I couldn't do that. Say what you like, but not just any person can form scales on their arm."

~~~

Teftin was thrilled, for she had never been in mountains before. Would she see snow? An abundance of trees? Or would she and Evasus be hopping from portal to portal, once this Nacrud joined them? The girl looked at the words with Evasus, mouthing them to herself. 

She was still confused as to what they were really doing here. What were these primal stones? And why were they looking for them? And what did this have to do with becoming a world traveler? Evasus had mentioned that he was in danger, but Teftin had seen none so far. What was it that was out there? 

"Historical change... I don't understand. What's going to change? I can tell now that this is so much bigger than just bringing back the nomadic life. This is about the whole of Arcadia. But what is threatening our world?"

@NViouz_DVationz

'It's something anyone can learn...' The Beastmaster's words ran through his head. Alex didn't believe him, but maybe if he was willing to teach. He looked down at his arm, picturing it turning into scales.  'Don't get to close Alex. You know what happens when you become close to people.' His conscious warned him.

Serka and... the quillhound could be heard, rushing through the forest towards them. As they made their way to the beach, Kodai spoke to Qef about the serpent that had slithered back into the sea. Alex figured it was time to leave, sheathing his sword and looking up to the sky. It was late afternoon.

[SIZE=16.1px] @NViouz_DVationz @Handabooo[/SIZE]

The phoenix flew out the door and eventually out of the guild headed toward Kodai. "I see, I shall fetch the girl now, and perhaps a meal. It has been some time since I last ate..." Nacrud gave a small bow and turned, leaving the room and going back into the main hall of the guild. Looking for the blonde girl he eventually found her. "Excuse me, Peter requests that you come to his office. It is of utmost importance, a critical matter he wishes to discuss." Although he was much larger and his presence was menacing, his tone and words gave off the most polite stance possible for a dragonkin. "My name is Nacrud, it is a pleasure to properly meet you."

@Aio @CNHart

Kodai chuckled, "Of course you could, as I said, it would affect each individual differently, in your case your feathers would be as tough as pure iron if you willed it." He then turned to his beasts, Viana the quill hound and Serka the displacer beast. He spoke to each of them in their tongue and got quick responses.  Turning to Alex and Qef he reintroduced his companions. "This is Viana, she has been my companion since I was a child in these forests." The quill hound shook herself as if shaking off water. Kodai then gestured to the displacer beast, "And this is Serka, my most recent companion. He is a displacer beast, a rare creature to find in Arcadia." As he finished he could hear the screech of a phoenix and the familiar bluish silver glow of his third of four companions. As it landed on his shoulder he noticed the slip of paper and took it, reading it to himself. "Hmm... this surely can't be good." Holding the note up to the phoenix it burned as the phoenix breathed fire on it. Squawking to the bird he sent it off back to the guild where it came. "That was Ember, my frostfire phoenix," He looked to Alex, "You and I are to report to Peter, it must be serious if he's demanding me to join the briefing." Mounting onto Viana he looked back to Qef, "We must leave now, but if you wish to follow you may. Ebonwolf accepts all in our home." He then waited for Alex to mount onto Serka so they could be off.

@Handabooo @IMthatGUY

Evasus looked to Teftin, "Many things threaten the future of Arcadia. Demons, the aether, and many other things that are less of an issue these days. Currently I'd say that demons are the biggest threat to us right now." He then sat, "Although I cannot tell you everything I wish to share this moment, I do believe I owe you answers... tell me, what do you wish to hear?"

@Handabooo

Qef shook her head as she heard the name "Peter." She knew who that was in an instant. Anyone who knew anything did. It wasn't that she feared trouble... Well, actually, she did. Her life was going pretty well so far, and she didn't need to get roped up in any grand scheme. She still would have liked to see what these two were up to, but it was their personal business. 

"You two go on, then. I wouldn't want to interfere with anything." The young woman cast a sly glance at Kodai. "If you ever need me, however, you'll probably know where to look." Qef's muscles protested as she walked backward a bit, nodding to the two in a goodbye. She would shift when they left, perhaps.

~~~

Demons... No, Teftin had never really thought of demons before. And now they were real! How many other things were true? Terrible creatures? Horrible sea monsters? Horrible, terrible sea demons? The girl had suddenly discovered a whole different world, and she wasn't sure how much she liked it. Everything was so much different than she had thought it to be. 

As a sigh left her, Teftin sat across from Evasus, her dark coal eyes staring into his. "Tell me, Evasus: Does the whole world know of this danger? And how close is it to destroying... Everything?"

Vaehra Baelnareon

Vaehra had done quite a bit of wondering. She didn't really know what she was trying to accomplish, there was no plan to go from point a to point b, just unexplained walking. Her movements were that like someone in a trance, completely unaware of her surroundings. She had a lot on her mind, there were more questions in her head today than her life before. It was a lot to process, she was unsure of staying, reminding herself of Maelys and her disappearance. She saw no good to come out of any of this but she knew she needed to stop dwelling on her past. She was quickly awaken from her thoughts as she heard a voice call out for her. Her head turned, only for her eyes to rest on the dragonkin from before. The one who got her into this mess, although she knew he probably was unaware of this. Her eyes scanned him until she realized he was introducing himself. "Ah yes. From earlier. I'm Vaehra...a pleasure." Vaehra was new to this interaction thing, and she hoped to get better, although she was getting off on a rocky start. There was a moment of silence before a slight blush crosses over her cheeks as she spoke. "I don't really know where Peter's office is from here...I kind of just wandered about." It was rare of Vaehra to admit anything, but she knew she wouldn't be able to find his office as she was terrible with direction.

@NViouz_DVationz

The Phoenix swooped down onto Kodai's shoulder. He carried a note, apparently from Peter. The two we're needed back at the guild hall. Sensing the tension the Beastmaster had after reading the parchment, Alex knew something was wrong.

"We leaving now?" The boy asked as Qef said farewell and took her leave. He looked down at the beast companions, still not one hundred percent comfortable around the animals.

@CNHart @Handabooo @NViouz_DVationz

Evasus looked up an to the side, "Specifically... no. The world can feel the changes though. Hostility, distrust, fright, and something evil lurking around the corner. The world can tell something is soon to transpire, it just doesn't know what, or when." He stared into Teftin's eyes, his mask fully seen for once. Where the glint of eyes should have been in the slits of the mask, there was nothing to be seen but empty black pits. "I believe I have an idea of what threats are to come however, and I must gather the strongest of Arcadia to combat the forces that seek cataclysm." He continued, "I already know of a few individuals who have what it takes, and they seem to be inspiring others along the same path, but I must still convince them that they can do it on their own."

@Handabooo

Vaehra Baelnareon

Vaehra had done quite a bit of wondering. She didn't really know what she was trying to accomplish, there was no plan to go from point a to point b, just unexplained walking. Her movements were that like someone in a trance, completely unaware of her surroundings. She had a lot on her mind, there were more questions in her head today than her life before. It was a lot to process, she was unsure of staying, reminding herself of Maelys and her disappearance. She saw no good to come out of any of this but she knew she needed to stop dwelling on her past. She was quickly awaken from her thoughts as she heard a voice call out for her. Her head turned, only for her eyes to rest on the dragonkin from before. The one who got her into this mess, although she knew he probably was unaware of this. Her eyes scanned him until she realized he was introducing himself. "Ah yes. From earlier. I'm Vaehra...a pleasure." Vaehra was new to this interaction thing, and she hoped to get better, although she was getting off on a rocky start. There was a moment of silence before a slight blush crosses over her cheeks as she spoke. "I don't really know where Peter's office is from here...I kind of just wandered about." It was rare of Vaehra to admit anything, but she knew she wouldn't be able to find his office as she was terrible with direction.

@NViouz_DVationz

Nacrud nodded, "Vaehra... that is a good name." Nacrud then turned and walked back in the direction of the main hall, "His office is upstairs from the main hall, the door on the right that is slightly open. I would join you the whole way, but I have not eaten in weeks so I am going to ask for a meal." As they walked he turned his head, "That is not your true self is it? I noticed when I first arrived that a girl had flashed pink for but a moment... I couldn't tell if I was imagining it in my false bloodlust, but you have the same voice... do you hide yourself from judgement or from something more personal?" He did not expect an answer, she had no reason to answer to him, but he continued since he assumed they may be working together fairly soon. Twitching his ears so that she could see each of the six scale earrings he spoke. "These are scales from my fallen friends, I wear them in honor of their bravery and strength in the face of death. However, I also wear them to remind myself of who I was and who I am today. They did not deserve the end they were given, and I do not deserve the air I breathe, yet I am here and they are not. I still blame myself for how they perished, yet there is nothing I can do about it. Instead I work to fulfill my oath to their memories so that their deaths were not meaningless." He stopped as they approached the main hall and faced the girl, "Do not betray who you are or who you were... but do not forget those who inspired you in the past, and keep the memories of those you hold dear so that you may feel their spirits praise you when you've surpassed a great challenge in your life." He then walked into the main hall, leaving the girl by the stairs to Peter's office and her thoughts.

The Phoenix swooped down onto Kodai's shoulder. He carried a note, apparently from Peter. The two we're needed back at the guild hall. Sensing the tension the Beastmaster had after reading the parchment, Alex knew something was wrong.

"We leaving now?" The boy asked as Qef said farewell and took her leave. He looked down at the beast companions, still not one hundred percent comfortable around the animals.

@CNHart @Handabooo @NViouz_DVationz

Qef shook her head as she heard the name "Peter." She knew who that was in an instant. Anyone who knew anything did. It wasn't that she feared trouble... Well, actually, she did. Her life was going pretty well so far, and she didn't need to get roped up in any grand scheme. She still would have liked to see what these two were up to, but it was their personal business. 

"You two go on, then. I wouldn't want to interfere with anything." The young woman cast a sly glance at Kodai. "If you ever need me, however, you'll probably know where to look." Qef's muscles protested as she walked backward a bit, nodding to the two in a goodbye. She would shift when they left, perhaps.

~~~

Demons... No, Teftin had never really thought of demons before. And now they were real! How many other things were true? Terrible creatures? Horrible sea monsters? Horrible, terrible sea demons? The girl had suddenly discovered a whole different world, and she wasn't sure how much she liked it. Everything was so much different than she had thought it to be. 

As a sigh left her, Teftin sat across from Evasus, her dark coal eyes staring into his. "Tell me, Evasus: Does the whole world know of this danger? And how close is it to destroying... Everything?"

Kodai nodded to Qef and turned to Alex, "Yes we're leaving. Peter requires our services and he doesn't demand much of me if ever. Whatever the matter is, it is serious and of top importance. I expect your acquaintances and my friends will be there as well." Kodai mulled over things to himself. If the beasts of the wild can feel it as strongly as I do, then surely Peter has felt it as well... The aether catalyst may have gone from our walls, but I can feel its power even here... along with something much more corrupt... He then barked and yipped to Viana before speaking to Alex, "Come now, you've done this once you can surely do it again. We don't have time to waste."

The sun was in the distance, soon to cascade into the ocean. Alex gave the masked man a nod, looking down at Serka. The quillhound stood beside the him, eager to get moving. It looked up at the boy with beady eyes.

Alex walked up to feline, slowly placing his hand on it. Then his leg, then his whole body. It made no effort to move and Alex was thankful. He was now ready to go.

'The hell could he want with us? Did we bring trouble to the guild or something?' Alex thought as the Beastmaster spoke to his companions, getting ready to take off.

@NViouz_DVationz @CNHart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back