Tales From the Borderlands - FATE Style!

Would You Like Me to Make More?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jaye

ミㅇㅅㅇ彡
I've been getting more into the FATE (Core & Accelerated) system lately. I decided to try see if I could make some Borderlands characters fit the character sheet. And since TFTB characters already have High Concepts...

Anyway, feedback is appreciated! I'd love to hear your own ideas for what Stunts or Aspects Rhys or Fiona (or any of the others) would have.

Also, please let me know if you'd like me to turn more Borderlands characters into FATE character sheets! (Just be warned that I won't be doing anyone from The Pre-Sequel until I start/finish the game).

• Rhys

Aspects

High Concept
    Hyperion Company Man
    Trouble
    Handsome Jack Lives Inside My Head
    Aspect 1
    ECHO Cybernetics
    Aspect 2
    Not-So-Smooth Talker
    Aspect 3
    Loader Bot on Call

Approaches

Careful:

+2

Clever:

+3

Flashy:

+2

Forceful:

Quick:

+1

Sneaky:

+1

Stunts

Hyperion Supply Drop

- Call Yvette to restock on supplies. If rolling to find a non-unique resource, either reroll or add +2 to the roll and assume Yvette got off of her lunch break and sent you supplies.

So I'm not happy with a few things, but it's almost 1am & I have to stop now before I make myself truly sleep deprived.

Rhys - 'Loader-Bot On Call' should probably be replaced with something else. I'm just not sure what to add that wouldn't be reiterating one of the other aspects.

I could move "AI Jack Lives In My Head" down to an Aspect and make "Wanted by Hyperion" the Trouble, though. I'm unsure if that fits better as a Trouble or just fits equally. AI Jack kinda creates as many problems as he solves, after all.

Fiona - "Cool Hat, Lady" or "Cool Hat Lady"? I don't know. But I do know that this aspect would be referring to not just her adoration of her hat, but also something about Fiona being pretty? (Maybe Scooter isn't the best critical judge, but I mean Fiona can do the "bat her lashes" thing at people, so there's that).

Also, "One-Bullet Wonder" could probably be moved to a general Aspect (especially since that later gets upgraded once she gets given a box of bullets, not to mention the three-chamber elemental upgrade) and the Trouble could become "Wanted Poster" or something similar referring to how she's legitimately a wanted criminal.

I need a better way to phrase the "Always Looking to Make a Quick Buck" aspect, btw.

Her Approaches are also... well I'm not satisfied with them. I'm actually thinking that maybe her "Quick" should be the "+3"? I dunno, she can be Flashy and Clever and Careful and Forceful and Sneaky all equally. I'm not sure what I should be favouring >_>

I certainly want "Quick" to have a +3 or +2, because she'd use that for her gun, too. Clever and Sneaky both seem like good con-artist approaches, but so does 'Flashy" and "Forceful" is also kinda Fiona? I 'unno.

So those are the main criticisms I have of the character sheets, for now.

Also I wanted to fit images in, but the coding wasn't working for me tonight. Have them in a spoiler anyway (:3)
tumblr_nivnnq3mJZ1qgu2jso1_250.gif
tumblr_nm36r2ufuU1swjb0zo1_400.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back