• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Nathaniel Matthews
Former Firefly | 21 | Current location ;; North Dakota

((Bro gave up and was like nah I’ll just be Alex now (:
This is what I get for not paying attention to which I quote since I’m lazy xD ))

“Don’t salt my wound,” he whined from the ground where he stared at the trees. Now that he stretched the arms, he stretched the legs, trying very hard not to kick Alex. “Just let me lose in peace without you rubbing in all of your smart… um, smarts or whatever.”

Alexander Brennan
Former Seraphite | 19 | Current location ;; North Dakota

Alex simply chuckled at hearing Nate whine from where he was. “You kick me and I’ll leave you here to get lost” He said with a laugh seeing Nate stretching his legs. “And I’ll take all my smart smarts with me.” He finished, crossing his arms over his chest with a smirk.

(( I found it hilarious. He just gives up on being Nate xD. I literally edit my prior posts copy and paste and rewrite the words so I’m just as lazy (: ))

Nathaniel Matthews

“You would never!” Nate challenged from his vantage point of literally on the floor with injuries that meant he would not be able to do much about anything. And then, because he was in the kind of mood to be rude, maybe possibly kicked Alex. Not hard or with any kind of real force at all, but enough to make contact just to see what he would do.

((Being Nate is so haaaaard (: ))

Alexander Brennan

Alex laughed at Nate. He didn’t think that Nate would actually kick him. Alex felt the ‘kick’ from Nate. It didn’t hurt at all. But now Alex had to prove he was a man of his word. “Welp, have fun finding your way to Washington.” Alex said, getting to his feet, it took a minute to get away from Nate. Once he was free, he turned and walked off, and ‘disappeared’ into the woods and when he was sure Nate couldn’t see him, hauled himself into a tree. He climbed a few more branches and hid in the leaves on the branches and waited.

Nathaniel Matthews

“Oh, woe is me. All alone. Tragically abandoned by my horrible guide who cares not for the safety of his sad little companion.” Nate sat up, looked around for a moment, then sighed as loudly as he could manage. “I guess this is it. I must travel the cruel world alone.” He stumbled to his feet and shoved his hands on his hips. “I guess I might as well be on my way then.” He peered down at their packs and grinned. “Ooh, look at this sad and abandoned pack. Guess I have twice the supplies now!” He painstakingly hefted one pack on one arm and the other on the other arm. He was never going to be able to do this for long, but he could probably do it long enough for some goofiness. “I’ll just be on my way then.” And he very slowly began to stroll away from their camp.

Alexander Brennan

Alex had been more concerned with his ‘walking away’ that he’d forgotten his pack. Man. He heard Nate go on that he’d be traveling alone, and was tragically abandoned. What made it funnier was he was headed back the way the came. Alex swiftly moved through the trees, and dropped down in front of Nate. “That would’ve worked if you’d gone the right way.”He said with a laugh.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate stopped and dropped both packs beside him, thankful for the excuse to let them go, and threw his hands to his face. “What is this?! A mysterious and misguided Monkey Man come to my aid? Why, I don’t know if I can trust one of those. You know, the last Monkey Man to tell me where I was going abandoned me. A.Ban.Doned.” He shook his head. “I may never be able to forgive that beautiful man of the light. He has tarnished all future Monkey Men, and therefore, I will continue about my quest without you.” He began to very slowly continue his stroll, attempting to skirt around Alex. “Besides, strange and entirely different man who has fallen from the trees much like the wrath of Mother Nature herself, you know not where I seek to go.”

Alexander Brennan

Alex rolled his eyes but decided to play along “Oh no, how dare the old Monkey Man abandoned you.” He said with a mock gasp. “I’d wager that Monkey Man just didn’t understand how to handle such a misguided lost soul like the one I see before me” Alex added. Alex watched as Nate went to skirt around him. He threw his arm out, grabbing Nate’s in an attempt to stop him. “I wouldn’t go that way if I was you.” He warned.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate had to suck in all of his breath to keep from laughing, but he was committed to this role. He would see it through until he broke, and honestly, that was probably going to be very soon. But not yet! He could push it further. He stopped in his tracks, hands on hips once more, and looked at Alex with as much attitude as he could manage. “And why not? I go where I please, thank you, and I please to go… that way.” He halfheartedly pointed in the direction that he was trying to move.

Alexander Brennan

Alex bit his lip to keep himself in character. He was just as committed to this as Nate appeared to be. He watched as Nate put his hands on his hips and looked at Alex with a clear attitude. "If you want to get mauled by infected and shot by hunters that sure, go that way." He said with a shrug. "But be warned, I almost didn't make it out alive" He added, trying to make his voice all spooky and mysterious.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate simply raised both of his eyebrows and pursed his lips. “You don’t look like you got mauled by infected and shot by hunters.” He swiveled to very directly face him and stepped so that they were only inches apart. “Are you lying to me, Mr. Monkey Man? Are you just like that abandoner of mine?” A hint of a smile peeked from the side of his lips. Nope, get back down. No one needs you ruining everything when we are so deep in.

Alexander Brennan

He looked at Nate as he swiveled to face Alex. True, he didn't look like he'd been through what he said. So he changed it up. He shifted his stance so he was 'limping' and he held a hand to his back. "I was, I have claw marks on my back and a bullet grazed my leg" He said, dropping his tone to a more hurt one. "I wouldn't lie to you, I promise. I think I might need a medic, do you know where I could find one?" He asked, pretending to be limping in place even though they were inches apart.

Nathaniel Matthews

That broke his resolve. His exterior cracked and a rogue smile all but shone through. He had to swallow hard to keep it together, though that stupid smile was for sure still there. “Nope, sure haven’t.” Keep a straight face, Nate.” Don’t know of any medics around here.” He looked around, peering through the trees. “Not sure why you’d be looking in a forest though. I’ve heard respectable medical practitioners live in those newfangled places called hospitals. You should probably go to one of those.”

Alexander Brennan

Alex could see the smile basically shining through. He bit his lip a little harder before continuing. "Really? That other monkey man swore the man he was with was a medic. I don't like those hospitals, they smell gross and clean" Alex scrunched his nose up. "I think you are a medic, but you just don't wanna help me" He added, raising an eyebrow.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate literally bit his bottom lip to keep it together. And then he tried to look offended. “Do you think if I were a medic, I would be covered in so many injuries? No! All self respecting medical people can and do treat themselves. I would know.” He leaned in marginally closer and lowered his voice to a whisper, raising a hand like he was hiding their conversation from someone. “I met one once.” His eyes went wide and he threw up his hands, turning quickly around, and holding his breath like he had to run from the scandal he just shared.

Alexander Brennan

Alex looked at him, seeing the 'offended' look on Nate's face. He rolled his eyes and tried hard not to laugh. "Maybe you're just a really bad medic" He said with a grin. He listened to the 'secret' that Nate wanted to share with him. He opened his eyes wide in mock surprise. He tried so hard not to laugh watching Nate throw his hand sup and turn away like he'd shared the scandal of the century with Alex.

Nathaniel Matthews

Well, if Alex was going to keep this going, then Nate could ramp it up. Nate jumped and twirled to face his companion again, bug-eyed and deeply immersed in the crazy. “I feel like I would know if I were a medic.” He sucked in his lips and pointed dramatically at himself. “Me?! A medic?! I could never!” He jerked his head from side to side before shoving his hands on his face long enough to stare at Alex like he said the craziest thing or possibly lost his mind. He moved up close, his face all but touching Alex’s from the side. “I have met one, and they- they-“ He turned away, hand clasped over his mouth, dragging down skin. “You wouldn’t believe it.”

Alexander Brennan

Alex was still trying his hardest to keep his mouth shut. He watched as Nate jumped and twirled around with a bug-eyed look on his face. He was realyl good at looking crazy. "Maybe you just don't know you're a medic. It could be like a secret identity" Alex snickered, looking at him. He felt his lips quirk up in a smile before schooling his face. "Have you? I'm sure I'd believe anything you say" He said crossing his arms over his chest.

Nathaniel Matthews

“I would know. I would know! I- I-“ he was going to pretend that the stammer was because he was a good actor and not because his excited brain was moving too quickly for real words. “I met one. They only appear when you are injured. When the stars align.” He raised a hand that shook towards the tops of the trees. He withdrew it quickly, clutching it to his chest. He pointed at Alex, though they were awfully close so he mostly just poked him. “Are you insinuating that I have been secretly a- a-“ Nate faced away, trying his hardest to invoke the most dramatic of people he ever met. He sucked in a deep breath that shook his entire chest. He slowly turned back to him, and finished in a fervent whisper, “a were-medic?!”

Alexander Brennan

He noticed the stammer and he couldn't tell if it was real or he was acting that good. "Well, I guess I lost my medic then. Even though my back is still killing me" He knew what he said, that was on purpose. He looked up at the trees before looking at Nate, who poked him when he pointed at him. He heard Nate start before he turned away, then a few moments later, looking very dramatic, asked in a whisper if he was a were-medic. That was it, Alex couldn't hold in his laughter anymore. He let it all out, his arm over his stomach as he laughed. "Nate.. man.. I-I can't" He managed to get out in between trying to take breaths of air in between his laughs.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate was about two seconds from giving up when Alex mentioned his back. His eyes darted downwards like he could see through him to see the problem behind. But then Alex broke first, and Nate not help but join him in the laughter. It was infectious, giddy, and frankly he had been on the verge for so long that he was not certain he was going to be able to take much more it anyway. He choked out, “I am the winner! I am king! May all others bow before me.” He paused to look at Alex holding his stomach and nodded in approval. “Close enough, you are a wonderful subject.” He placed a hand on Alex’s back, rubbing in circles.

Alexander Brennan

Alex rolled his eyes at Nate's words. "Yeah, you're the king, good job my liege" He said, sarcasm on his words. There was not true bite to his words, but why not have a little fun. He finally was able to get his breath back as he stood there, feeling Nate rubbing a hand on his back in circles. That felt good. His back was fine but he would never say no to a back rub or back massage depending on the day. It felt good to him, working out the tension from climbing trees and trying to survive. "Did you really have to say were-medic?" He asked with a laugh.

Nathaniel Matthews

“Yes, yes I did,” Nate answered, nudging him with his side. It was so nice to get to play for a little while. Granted, that was all they had been doing the entire day. Goofing around like they were younger. It reminded him of the nonsense he could get up to with Max and Ben when they were fifteen and sixteen when they too were bored and had nothing better to do. Nate usually won those too. He was nothing if not dramatic. He laced his arm around Alex’s. “It was my last hope. You were definitely going to break me with that comment about your back.” He peered around Alex’s shoulder for just a moment. “That was just you playing right?” A hint of disbelief entered his voice.

Alexander Brennan

He laughed at the nudge. It was nice to joke around and feel like he was young again. To forget some of the horrors that he'd seen in his short life. It was depressing sometimes, living in a world where things were always out to get you. This was a nice break from the constant survival mode that Alex was always in. "I knew I'd get you with my back, but you just had to one up me" He said with a laugh. He then watched Nate peer around his shoulder. "Yes, It was just me playing. My back is fine" Alex assured him.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate clung to his arm, resting his face against Alex’s shoulder. “Good, because if your back actually hurt because of this goofy playing we were doing, I was going to have to were-medic and do something about it. But since you’re all fine…” he dropped the arm and bound, as quickly as he could with his own injuries, away and back towards the camp. He hoped. He was pretty sure. Yes. Wait he forgot the packs. He sighed and bound back to Alex and reached for the packs and then bound back to camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back