• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Alexander Brennan
Former Seraphite | 19 | Current location ;; North Dakota

He looked over at Nate. “I can work on my tree climbing. Use it to stretch the muscles.” He said. “Besides, if you are too sore to walk far or fast. We could end up having problems if we come across hunters or infected.” Alex pointed out. He could handle sitting for a day or two. If they pushed on and came across something worse, he’d need Nate in better condition that he was now.

Nathaniel Matthews
Former Firefly | 21 | Current location ;; North Dakota

Nate sighed but nodded. “Okay, I’ve decided that you are correct, but if you’re going to work on tree climbing, then I am going to come with you. Not necessarily to climb the trees but for my first lesson.” He slowly bent his top over to attempt to touch his toes. He did not get that far before saying, “Nope,” and coming back up. “First lesson where all I do is watch, listen, and critique of course!” It really would be a terrible idea to move and find something less than savory out there and then also be the reason they both met their tragic ends.

Alexander Brennan

Alex couldn’t help but shake his head with a small laugh. “Watch. We can work on your climbing skills more when you’re better.” Alex said, seeing Nate attempt to touch his toes. Alex slowly stretched his own muscles. He walked over to a tree, looking for the best branch. He placed a foot on the trunk, reached up with his dominant hand and jumped. His hand clasped the branch, felt a small twinge but ignored it. Alex reached his other hand up and hauled himself onto the branch. He braced himself against a knot in the branch and back to the trunk. He looked down at Nate, a smile on his face. This was his favorite place to be, well, other than being with Nate.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate, who was determined to continued his stretching exercises, found himself instantly entranced with the natural movements of Alex in what he could tell was his element. The way his body moved was like he was one with the forest. His limbs were an extensions of the tree’s. He bowed with boughs. It was fascinating, and if he were feeling about a million times better, Nate would have wanted to move in closer and perhaps even take notes. How does a human evolve into a monkey man?

“You know,” he said, shaking off this distraction and beginning to work through his own kinks, “I feel that your injury so early in our travels was a detriment. Really, it’s unfair how much it has meant that I have not yet gotten to see. Unfair.”

Last edited:
Alexander Brennan

Alex looked down at Nate as he listened to him. “Well, if I had been paying attention, I wouldn’t have gotten injured. And just wait.” He said with a smile. Alex could be called a show off, but he didn’t usually try to be. He leaned forward, still braced in the knot of the tree, and his hand grabbed the next branch, just beside and above him. He held it in his hand and pushed off his foot.

He swung a little as he grasped the branch with his free hand. He pulled himself up, standing on the branch. He leaned against the truck, braced as he looked around. He loved the view from the trees. Then he sat down on the branch, both legs hanging over before he leaned back. He kept his legs hooked on the branch as he hung himself upside down.

Nathaniel Matthews

And then he was back to no longer working on himself, because he was far too busy watching Alex be the monkey. If ever there was a person who was meant to be something else, this was it. He moved so gracefully and yet still like a being. It was fascinating.

“Are you trying to impress me? Again? Because it’s working. Again.” He put his hands on his hips, staring up into the trees that were nothing but a play thing for Alex. An extension of himself. That was amazing. Utterly amazing. He had not so much an intense jealousy for the ability but the overwhelming disappointment that he could not join him. Instead, he sighed into a grin, shook his head, and continued his stretches. Depending on how much he was not distracted by his companion, he may even be able to work quite a bit of it out early. With nowhere else to move, that was reasonable. Exceedingly painful and he would never recommend that to anyone else unless necessary but doable.

“What else can you do, Monkey Man?” He asked from down below, back on the ground to push out some of the building pressure but still watching. Always watching.

Alexander Brennan

He laughed, hearing Nate. “Impress you? Nah. Not me.” He said, bringing himself back up into a sitting position. He then swung a leg up onto the branch and stood up. He looked down at Nate and grinned. “Well, let’s see.” He adjusted himself, put his hands up and in front of him. He focused on a branch a little further away and little higher. He set himself just right and pushed off. Both hands grabbed the branch and he used the momentum from jumping to that branch to swing himself from that one and up to the next one where he hauled himself up and leaned against the trunk.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate shook his head, smiling at the exciting energy of the moment. “Now I know you’re trying to impress me!” He called up, switching to working on his other leg. He had to be careful with the bruises, but if he could convince the nerves and muscles not to be so angry, he would be able to move better later. His initial worry with this method was the potential of causing so much pain that he would cry. Crying for fifteen minutes at a self inflicted pain for the rest to just about go away was better than the suffering that could last another week. However, he was afraid to do something like that with Alex. With his mama, who taught him this, and his brothers, who were brothers, he did not have to hide that. They understood. In fact, they cried with him as he subjected them to the same treatment. But they knew what it would do. Not Alex though. He didn’t need to worry. Not about that. And not while he was in such good spirits. Nate would explain it later.

It didn’t matter really. He could not give the kind of attention and focus that required while he was watching Alex move impossibly. “Is that all you’ve got?” He asked, shaking his head in mock disappointment. “I could do that in my broken state! Show me something real!” He did not even make it through all the words before he was laughing.

Alexander Brennan

Alex laughed, Nate looked so small right now. “I would never.” He said smiling. He looked at the branches around him. There were several in almost a staircase style in front of him. “Oh really? Come on up then!” Alex called down. He pushed off the trunk, turned and leapt up the branches in front, clearing the distance between them. When he got to the last one, he noticed a neighboring tree with a branch close enough. He took a deep breath, ran and jumped. He cleared the distance between the two and landed on the branch. He had thrown his arms to the side to keep his balance as he landed. He looked down at Nate laughing. “Bet you can’t do that!” He said.

Nathaniel Matthews

What Alex did before might have been impressive, but this was something else. Who was this man his found in the ruins of an old street? This was not some man who was a bit pessimistic but overall a very kind and capable person who was willing to protect someone new despite a past that reasonably predisposed him to not be so trusting. This was an animal. A creature. A wonderful creature who possessed abilities that no human should ever have. A breathtakingly beautiful creature who soared through leaves as birds did in the sky.

Nate was going to ignore the fact that this revelation- or maybe confirmation?- was something he found himself very much enjoying.

“Oh, sure I can!” he yelled up as he laid back, hands behind his head as a pillow. If he was going to be distracted, he may as well commit. “I would hate to go up there and outdo you, of course. That would be awfully rude of me to take this from you. Out of the kindness of my heart, I will refrain from showing off my mad monkey skills.”

Alexander Brennan

Alex could just make out what Nate was saying but he found himself laughing. Nate was clearly enjoying the show, hands behind his head like a pillow. “Oh is that so? I would hate to be outdone.” Alex called down. He saw another branch, this one a little lower and he slid down off the branch and at the same time leapt to the one just below. He slowly made his way down the tree. Jumping, crouching, sliding and overall ‘monkeying’ his way to the ground. He hit the ground and probably hit a little too hard. He felt the twinge on his back again. Alex walked over to Nate. “I think this monkey might need another back massage.” He said, trying to play off the twinge as just wanting another massage, not needing it.

Nathaniel Matthews

“Sure is so,” he called with a bit of a nod, bit because of the inability to do so when he was lounging on the floor instead of doing something real and meaningful. You know, like finding a way to help himself. Or finding a way to help them. Or, you know, overall doing anything. But no, he was just going to watch as this man maneuvered impossibly down the tree.

“Oh, now do you?” he asked, sitting up. His eyes began a more critical observation. Was this one that was necessary or just for fun? Because Nate was down with both of those options, even if he would consider being a little more upset if the latter was the answer. If he showed off for Nate and then got himself hurt, Nate was going to be upset. Not horribly, but he would still feel bad. “Well then come join me, monkey. This medic needs something to do.”

Alexander Brennan

Alex shook his head as he walked over. He felt bad and didn’t really want to admit that he probably should’ve been easier on himself. He was have way too much fun show off though. “Yeah I do.” He said softly. Alex walked over and pulled off his tunic. “I’m glad I could give you something to do.” Alex said. He sat down in front of Nate, back to him. “I just missed your massage so much Nate. That’s all” He said simply.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate too eagerly offered his hands, palms up, as he waited for his companion to join him on the floor. His legs, still shoved straight forward, were arguably in an inconvenient spot for this. He could cross them, but that was going to take absolutely forever since he did not actually work on them like he was determined to do. Instead, he spread them slightly as he beckoned Alex over. Was that weird? It probably should have been. It did, however, mean that he got to be closer, and that was not so bad for him.

“Then I am happy to oblige.” As he began the massage, he chuckled to himself. “You know, I am not sure I am much of a medic anymore. I think I may have become a masseur. Did you know that in the old world, there were people who only gave people massages? That was their whole job. I have decided that this in my new job. I will do nothing but give massages to the masses.” He paused to look around. “Or my clientele of one.”

Alexander Brennan

Alex laughed, listening to Nate. He felt his muscles relax immensely when Nate started the massage. He’d take this every night but he didn’t want to come to depend on the massages if something happened to Nate. Stop that thought right there Alex he told himself. “I think you could be both Nate. You’re pretty skilled as a medic.” He said, feeling himself leaning into the fingers massaging his back. “Maybe you can do that when we find peace? But then I might get jealous that you don’t have all the time for my massages.” He said with a grin.

Nathaniel Matthews

“Ooh, okay, I like this new plan.” A world with peace should, in theory, not require a medic to medic full time. If they stopped having full out wars with everyone, then maybe they would need a whole lot less tending than they did now. Nate loved the image of people living in harmony and only needing medical help when they did something normal like fall out of a tree and break a leg. That was nothing compared to dealing with gun shot wounds and nasty torn up backs that came from infected.

He had not realized that he had all but gotten sucked into the fantasy and was leaning pretty heavily into the massage. A wave of red struck his cheeks as he fumbled with his hands to get back to what he was actually meant to be doing and sitting up again. “Sorry,” he said sheepishly. He bit back a laugh as he considered the last words. “I would hate to have you jealous. Maybe I will be your personal masseur. How does that sound?”

Alexander Brennan

Alex liked the new plan too. Ever since he heard Nate talk about peace and no more fighting, he started to think it was possible. He could feel Nate leaning into the massage and it felt great. He felt Nate readjust and then resume. “I didn’t mind.” He said softly. He was enjoying this, and if he had it his way again, he’d take a back massage or back rub every night. “I would hate to take away the possibility of everyone getting to enjoy your magic fingers. Though I’m tempted to be selfish and say I’d rather you be my personal masseur.” Alex admitted.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate laughed at the thought. “Well, I feel like it is only fair you get first choice. You have kept me alive and all. That wins you some points. I don’t know what those points are or what they get you other than first in line for massages – you know, because the lines are so vast and long-“ he gestured out into the empty trees before them, leaning against him to make sure that he could see the drama that he was creating. And since he was there, he decided to continue this massage forward. Back to the shoulders, over the shoulders, front of the shoulders. Because he was thoroughly entranced in his own goofy thoughts and discussions that he was yet again losing sight of what he was doing. “Would you really say they’re magic?” he asked jumping back in the conversation now. “Because if they are magic, I feel like I should be able to do something really spectacular. Like, um, I don’t know. Cure ailments or change something’s color!"

Alexander Brennan

Alex laughed at that, it was true. “I think we’ve kept each other alive and well.” He said with a smile. He also caught Nate’s other sentence and laughed again. “I better be first in line, it would be such a long wait if I wasn’t” He commented. He could feel Nate’s massage working its way on his shoulders and Alex was in heaven. He listened to Nate for a moment before chuckling. “I’d say they’re magic in the massages. I don’t know if I’d call them that magical” He said, smile still on his face.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate gasped in mock offense as he pulled both hands away to hold against his chest to prove his inner wounds. “How could you say that? How could you say that I am not that magical?” He fell forward, draping his arms over both shoulders and down his chest, all but tossing his chin onto one as well. “You wound me.” But again he was not good enough at this to keep the serious going and was already laughing by the end. He loved how much he laughed with Alex. He never felt so at ease with anyone before. And then, because he was apparently over being offended, he could not help but immediately start back up, he managed to bring his hands up to just below the clavicle before beginning to massage. Was this the massage he asked for anymore? Nope. Was that massage long over? Sure was. Was he going to stop? Nope, apparently he was just going to keep this going.

Alexander Brennan

Alex was laughing the entire time he heard Nate’s ‘offended’ tone. He couldn’t help laughing at some of Nate’s more dramatic tendencies. He felt Nate through his arms over Alex’s shoulders and down his chest. “I mean they could be that magical if you tried hard enough.” He managed to get out with a laugh. Alex felt Nate pick up the massage again, this time just below his clavicle. Alex felt himself melting into the massage, it felt so good, so relaxing. He didn’t want it to end.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate hummed which was meant to be more like a scoff but just didn’t make it that far. He was honestly very bad at being negative. That was how it had been since he was a child. They made fun of him for it always. Okay, fine, he would just have to give up being negative. No, wait, he had one more goofy in him.

“I don’t know…” he teased. “If you don’t think that I can ever be that magic, then maybe I can’t. Maybe I should just give up.” On the word ‘up,’ his fingers paused. No more massage. He let it sit.

Alexander Brennan

Alex had actually started falling asleep max his eyes closing. He wasn’t expecting anything to change. He was relaxed, felt safe and he had Nate giving him a massage. Life was pretty great for Alex at the moment. Well until he heard Nate’s words. His eyes flew open at the words and he immediately shifted slightly when Nate stopped. “I, uh, look. I didn’t say you couldn’t, but it’s an impossibility. Magic doesn’t exist.” Alex said. “Please don’t stop the massage, I’m sorry.” He added with a small chuckle.

Nathaniel Matthews

He was trying so hard not to give anything away, but his poorly controlled emotions let a burst of a giggle out, and he pulled up one hand to block his mouth before the rest of the laugh came tumbling out. Which it did, and it did in force. It came cascading out in waves, making his whole body rock. This was no longer a laugh. This was a guffaw. This was a whole mess of nonsense he could do nothing about other than put his arms together to hold onto Alex as he let him be his support. This, of course, meant that in this sudden fit and search for said support, it became more like a hug, and that was okay by him too.

Alexander Brennan

Alex heard the giggle at first, then the overly loud laugh that just got louder. He felt Nate hold onto Alex as if Alex was his support. He started laughing just as hard. It was quite a sight. Nate had ended up giving Alex what was basically a hug. He was fine with it, more than fine. He finally stopped his laughing but he was also content to support Nate as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back