• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tale of Sword Art Online (DakXKiyoko)

Dak

Dakiest Dak their is
Sasuke was rushing home from the game store. Him and his dad had purchased both the nervegear and a copy of Sword Art Online. When they had first heard of the game they were interested in the concept of it, but they were also interested in it because that meant that they could get challenge each other in sword play. Their rivalry went all the way back to pong, and from there it grew into what it was today. Sasuke rushed up to his room and set everything up. His father would join him the next day on account of he had to work. Sasuke didn't think anything of it, in fact he was happy because that meant that he was going to have an upper hand when it came time to challenge his father in game.

Sasuke had made his character and had dived in. The sky was blue, and grass was green. He rushed around the market looking for some good items that would come in handy later. He already had a sword but bought an axe as well. He had the same armour that everyone else had on account of everyone just starting the game. "..Oh this is gonna be a good game..." He mumbled to himself while looking at the sky. It was an understatement to say that their were a lot of people online. There were at least 10,000 on for the official launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Once more, I set foot in the realm of games... Sword, I summon thee to my side, for combat shall be engaged once more!" Miki would shout in her room with a raised arm and a tight fist, spinning the NerveGear on her finger like a basketball and dropping it onto her head with ease. Currently she resided in light clothing, simple pajamas with breathing space. Dropping down on her bed, she plugged the NerveGear in and booted it up. That was the last thing she would see before coming to a character creation screen. She was no newcomer to the world of games, and as such she knew the basic rules of MMO's; however, she went against it anyway, designing her character quite similarly to herself through and through to as much as even her small size, odd white hair, and yellow eyes.

Her character made, the girl dived head-first into the world of Sword Art Online. Her first location, one of the many points in the Town of Beginnings, just outside the marketplace. Walking along the many stalls, Miki found herself at a blacksmith selling basic weapons. She found a nice little weapon; a double edged straight katana, for swift and tactical motion, though was lacking in attack strength. It was just to her style, a handicap with a handicap masked as a benefit. It even came with a flat end, meaning quite clearly stabbing was out of the question. Only one way to be sure of what she could do with it though, and that was to take it outside for combat. Although her first time playing, she made a light dash through the marketplace and out to the field, motion smooth as though she'd done it a million times.

The official announcement for the launch wasn't going to be happening for another hour, so Sasuke had enough time to go out and try out his new weapons. He made his way to an open field, and it was easy to see that there was a few other people that had the same idea as him. There were a lot of swordsman, a couple axemen, and knife fighters. Most of the swordsman had shields, but Sasuke didn't. He felt that if you had a shield then you had an added weight of thirty pounds, that only had one job to protect, you couldn't be offensive with it.

He noticed a few boars around him. He took his sword out and tired it on them. The sword was quick, and really light for his liking. That was going to probably become a secondary weapon, used as a last resort. He put the sword back on his hip, and equipped the axe. The axe was more his liking. It was a little heavier, but that's what he liked. He killed the boars with the axe and sword. "I think I'm gonna name you mulner, after thor's hammer."

Taking a low stance, to which one leg was nearly a full ninety degree angle with her body, the other's knee tucked close to her chest, the hand of the same side as her tucked knee- being the left side- was holding the flat-tipped blade. Around her was a few boars, them all beginning charge at her. With one movement of her left leg, in specific unbending the knee, she spun around and batted her blade into the frontward boar to knock it a little distance. Second motion, she placed her blade's flat tip on the ground and pushed up, landing out of the path of the boars and letting them run into each other. For the few moments the boars would be off of her, she brought her blade up front and proceeded to dice up the lone boar she'd previously batted back with her blade.

"One down, four to go," Miki said to herself with a light smirk. She was rather enjoying of this whole virtual reality thing, preparing her blade once more. The four remaining boars rushed at her one after the other, the girl placing the blade sideways and blocking the first boar head-on. She pushed the boar off to her left, blade currently in front before switching into a reversed position where she let the boar move by as the very corner where the side of the blade and the flat tip meet, scrape right across the boar's side. "Three," Miki said as she spun the blade back forward in a normal holding position and swung from below, lightly dragging through the grass and hitting the boar from below at an angle. Before going further than striking through, she moved the blade off to the left to push the boar with the side of the blade as the edge was still partially lodged inside.

"Two," Miki also said as she was at this point clearly counting down, for any who may hear her speak to herself. The third boar came at her from the front alongside the fourth of those to rush at her, her going practically suicidal and standing her ground. She stopped the one on her left with her blade, the other leaping right into her and knocking her back, leaving her to roll back and wind up sitting on the ground a small distance from the two remaining boars. "Sheesh, I must be rusty in this field of battle after so much time playing asteroids and other old ship-based shooters..." Miki said, though time wasn't on her side as the two boars took aim at her once more. She prepared her blade, though by the time she was ready, they were a bit too close to do anything but hold her position and hope she could block both boars at once.

The sword, Kakashi, was sticking in one of the boars on the left side. "Ha...." Sasuke said after laughing, holding his axe, Mulner, close to the head. "Here piggy piggy piggy...." Sasuke said taunting the beast. "Here piggy piggy piggy..." He said. The beast charged, and he smirked. He lifted Mulner over his head. The beast was about ten feet away from him. He wound up and got ready to bring the axe head down upon the boar's body. When the boar was in range, Sasuke batted the boar away with a swing from his mighty axe. "MMMM steaks tonight....." He said as he took the axe blade out of the boar's body.

He looked over and noticed a girl. "Oh... Sorry." He said as he walked over and picked up Kakashi and sheathed the sword. "You looked like you needed some help." He said as he looked at her and smiled. He turned around and faced the boars. Three of them disappeared but one of the bodies was sticking around. He walked over to it and took out a knife and searched the body. He got some pork meat. "Could come in handy." He said with a smile. "Anyway... Sorry about that...My name is Sasichi..." That was his avatar's name. That's what they did, used their handles.

"Huh...?" Miki said, confused for a moment. She looked up at the guy, the little surprise kind of putting change in her for just a second. "Ah, -it's alright...?" Miki said, standing up and recovering only to go to a childish and annoyed tone. "I could've handled them by myself, y'know." She went from childishly annoyed to calm, spinning the blade in her hand a few times in a showy kind of way before returning it to the sheath on the back of her waist. "I'm Miki! ...at least, that's what petty mortals may call me. I have another name, though that's something I don't let mere mortals know."

She was... oddly cheerful for somebody addressing another as a 'petty mortal', quite a clear indicator of a chuuni through and through. She was a true Chuunibyou, undoubtedly the type to think they have special powers or are in some mystical realm where anything's possible for her. "Now then, I should be on my way... There's not much for me here with these lousy boars anyway." Miki started walking away, though without any real clue as to where she was headed. Away from the Town of Beginnings, that much was certain at least. Miki, or, well, what she believed to be an alias of sorts as well as had managed make her username, was the definition of weird, although she rarely would hear it since those around her in the real world had become used to it.

Sasuke chuckled at the girl. "Well if you're looking for the town of beginnings then you're going the wrong way...." He pointed in the direction of the town of beginnings. "I'm actually heading back that way on of account the GM is going to welcome everyone and give some words, and maybe even a couple of tips." He said as he turned towards the town. "Come on Miki. We could encounter some more boars, and I don't know if I could beat them. I would need your strength and power to beat them." He said playing into her needing to get stronger.

"How old are you? Cause you seem like you're twelve." He said placing his hand upon the handle of Mulner. There was a breeze rolling in through the trees.

"I know where I'm going! For your information, I just left that town because I already got what I need," Miki said with that childish and annoyed tone once more. At the same time, she pointed to the flat-tipped blade that currently resided within its sheath on the back of her waist. By the way the hilt stuck out the left side, it was obvious she was left-handed as well as by the fact she'd held that blade in her left hand while she fought the boars. "AS for age, I'm fifteen I'll have you know!" Miki exclaimed, acting much like a spoiled brat who thought the world belonged to her or something. "Ah, the time! What time is it what time is it what time is it...!" Miki said, fumbling around with the menu in hopes of there being some sort of clock, to the point she'd completely overlook it if there were one.

Sasuke laughed. He brought up the menu. There was a clock on the main screen of the menu. He looked around the menu, all of it looked alright, but he felt like something was missing. "Where is it?" He asked himself quietly. "There's no logout option. Maybe it's for the launch and after the launch they will put it back in." He thought. The GM had the ability to add things and take them away from the game. "We've been here for about thirty minutes.... Oh and it's on the main screen of the menu." He said answering her question.

A bell was heard and every player was transported to the gian square in the middle of the town of beginnings. The sky lit up and began to pour out this red stuff. It formed into a cloaked man. "My name is Akihiko Kayaba. I am the creator of this game. Some of you have already found out that the logout function in the menu are gone. That's because I have gotten rid of this function. I will give it back when one of you gets to the 100th level and beats the boss..." A voice raised up from the crowd. "What if one of our family members takes off the helmets?" Kayaba laughed. "A few have, and they were killed. It has already made news that if they are disconnected while in the game they will be killed... Which brings me to my next point, if anyone dies in here, they will die in the real life as well."

A few from the crowd cried out. Sasuke found it as an added challenge. Miki was actually teleported near him. "Miki, come on lets get out of here, and see if we can find this boss."

Miki was stull fumbling around with the menu while they got teleported and everything, so she was basically that one player who was clueless and thus caught too much by surprise. Due to her surprise, she failed to really pay attention to the words of Kayaba. Then, words came from Sasuke and she slowly recovered. "Huh...? Oh, uh... Find the boss...? I don't need help finding some boss! I'll find that boss and kill it myself!" Miki said, although she quite clearly was without a clue where to start. "Quick question though... What time is it...?" Miki asked, laughing lightly and embarrassed. She clearly couldn't find that clock that was mentioned. Little did she know it was pointless to bother with the time anyway, though even that lacking of knowledge was expected of her if one'd managed to get used to her in such short time.

He sighed. "Were you even paying attention?.. That isn't going to be important anymore. You're not allowed to log out, just like I'm not. No one here is allowed to log out until we beat the game.... Main menu top of the page is the clock." He brought up his menu. "16:18... There you go there's the time." He turned around. "You can try and act powerful, but you're still a level 1, just like me, like everyone so get use to it." He said before walking off. "What a stupid girl." He thought before leaving the town.

"What? Can't log out...?" Miki said in confusion, moving through the menu to the logout button, or at least where it'd usually be in such a menu. "Huh, it's gone," Miki said to herself before hearing Sasuke's whole 'you're level one' comment. She was quite annoyed by that comment, an insult upon the name of Kusanagi that was. "Hmph! I'll show him!" Miki said as he left, storming off the opposite direction out of the town and headed to the path that she'd seen a while back when she joined; a path that lead to some kind of giant pillar-like thing, which is what originally caught her attention. That pillar seemed rather important to Miki, like it might be a way up or something. Perhaps she'd climb up it? The girl wasn't entirely sure at the moment, though she made her way out of town and started dashing to the path.

Sasuke had looked at the guide book that he was given by the beta testers. Inside it was a map of the first few levels. On the current path he was taking, he could make it there in a few hours. Any other direction would take days, with all the beasts. With Mulner in hand he made his way through the first level without incident. "Stupid girl... She's gonna get herself killed in this world and the next... See if I care... Hell maybe getting beaten up a little will help her be put in her place." He started to mimic her. "To these petty humans...." He mumbled in a higher pitched voice.

"That idiot... How dare he look down on the great Kusanagi...! I'll show him by beating that boss all by myself!" Miki said to herself out loud as she walked down the path, unaware of the many dangers she'd eventually encounter. She did keep her left hand at the ready though, able to draw her blade at a moment's notice if she truly needed to. That guy angered her to no end, something that nobody's done to her the past five years. It was definitely refreshing to finally find herself angry at something or somebody, but even so anger was rather unpleasant of a mood, especially when said anger managed to come from a petty mortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back