T Ĥ Λ Ŀ Λ Ƨ Ƨ Λ [can you kill god?] - WORKSHOP

Sunbather

Le photographe est mort

T Ĥ Λ Ŀ Λ Ƨ Ƨ Λ

C6tkTaA.png

What's happening?

The year is 8893. Humanity has changed. While we have achieved a state of complete equality on an ideoligistic level, the distance between poor and rich has increased more than ever imagined. The world's center is Thalassa, the capital of everything. It accounts for 99% of humanity, and it represents both, progress and cruelty, light and shadow, decadence and need, boredome and hope. The city is, essentially, a collection of giant towers, stretching over the entire continent. The higher you are, the higher up you are in society. The lower districts are seedy alleys, narrow boardwalks and dirty apartment complexes. Violence is rampant and police activity low. Up in the skies, scratching against our planet's atmosphere, high society lives its luxurious and ambitious life in almost eerily sterile and advanced environments. Whether the rich endulge in enjoyable entertainment, afford themselves decadent consumation or the most notorious scientists continue to make incredible discoveries, the life in the sky is what dictates how life in Thalassa advances. Or crumbles.

vQOmf6V.png

But how did we get there?

Roughly 6000 years ago, or so scientists say, the world looked different. Highly different. Seven continents that drifted across the world's occeans, often seperate from each other. That was before the event we now refer to as "The Letter Arrival". In 2114, the world has been hit, quite literally. It seemed like an unstoppable force had affected the Earth's place in space, kind of like a sea of incomprehensibly gigantic black holes would. The world, against all odds, shifted back into its place shortly after, but a large portion of the population had died, and the landmasses didn't exist like they used to. Instead, a single, large continent had formed. Some areas had come to the surface, resulting in an earthplate that outmatches the old seven contintents quite easily. Climate changed and combined extremes in ways that humanity had to figure out once again. Everything seemed impossible, everything seemed illogical... everything had to be relearned. Scientists could never understand how the people who survived, survived. It was a miracle. But the hit left something behind. The letter. "The Letter To Humanity" is a large, ominously radiating... device of sorts, hidden in the harsh sands of Trist, the absolute north of the planet. It has a plethora of signs, runes and houses some laws of nature defying traits. After more than three milleniums of researching it, humanity has finally encrypted the message...

CcQhGEd.png

The Letter To Humanity:

A long time ago, so long that your kind does not posses the numbers to articulate it, every glass in the world went out. They were similar to your phones, televisions, computers... all those inventions. They all went black, only to be revitalized with what you call white noise. One of our poems swallowed the light and drove people with weak wills insane. It announced that the arrival of God was imminent, intending to keep what had been named "The Promise", by those who lived through it. After moments of chaos and confusion around the world, things returned to normal. While the globe's leaders had come together to adress this event, masses of people stormed to their temples, desperate to appease God, who had finally proven his existence to them. Indeed, they were quite similar to you and your religions. Those who abused faith for their own agenda profited of this sudden influx of believers, strengthening the rotten armies. As humanity is so prone to, wars happened. Thanks to the overwhelming fear of receiving divine punishment, blood was spilled in the name of every entity ever spoken of. The world collapsed. Their rules and economies failed to be upheld in this fear-inspired hunt. Victims were many, but a few managed to survive. The scraps of humanity was to finally come face with God. Unfortunately, they had made a mistake.

You see, this was no variant of an all-powerful being described in a spiritual writing. Towering over the planet, it took it's child Earth in its hands, blackening the Sun with its mere presence. God just wanted to take the necessity of life, and cleansed the planet of any trace they had ever existed. God was tired of them. Is tired of you, actually. God brought Earth back to our forge... God was so hopeful that they'd succeed. But they never did. It seems like an endless cycle with no end. Earth was cast aside for a long time. But God did not lock you away. I decided to give you another chance. I put you back, many, many million of years ago. Made you live again. I wonder if you will ever figure out this message. If you do, you might be the version to finally succeed. Stay out of the forge too, Earth. You should hurry. God will come soon, see for itself what happened. And you are so young... I'll be watching. The void is always watching.

olVNwrC.png

Post-letter life

After recovering from its newly aquired "infant stage", it lived again. The new Earth. Since knowledge of the old world, the world pre-2114, remained amongst the few millions that had survived, it strongly influenced how civilization roared its head again. As humanity started to grow again, it evolved quite a bit quicker this time around. This far more knowledgable and advanced society would go on to make incredibly inventions. While it was superior in a lot of aspects, it also had some less desirable qualities. While all of mankind was too busy with everything to concern itself with things such as racism, homophobia or sexism, power and wealth were an old thirst that endured the events and plagued our species, just as it always did. Eventually, all of Thalassa was covered in a wired collection of skyscrapers. The city was as big as the area allowed it to be, and would soon develop it's own cycle of life.

After managing to unravel the message that was given to them by "Void", religion was outlawed immediately. At first, it resulted in massive uproars, but after a few generations, it was gone. Surely, this would help in avoiding another war, like the one described by Void. Still, what did they have to prove? What did they have to succeed in? If what the letter was describing was true, the planet they lived on, Earth, had existed in many versions before, housing different versions of humanity before too, and each time, it was reset by... God. In response, every chemist, every astronomer, every physicist and every last genuis on the planet has been ordered to come and work in the mysterious, top districts of the capital. The goverment is desperate to avoid the foreshadowed future. If God so decides to return to our home, it could all end once more. Is it possible to fight such a being? Is it possible to... kill God?

Last edited by a moderator:
You really caught my interest when you mixed Scifi with an almost fantasy element. This deified being brings a mystic element to a science fiction world. I love it. =w=

Though, I have a question. Are you going to detail out your world? You say Thalassa is a city of towers--where the higher you are, the better off you are. Will you be detailing out every platform? Give a social structure for each one (or a broadened idea)? Will you be going over the technology available to the everyday person compared to the elitists? Can I join? xD

[QUOTE="Yuuki of the Strata]You really caught my interest when you mixed Scifi with an almost fantasy element. This deified being brings a mystic element to a science fiction world. I love it. =w=
Though, I have a question. Are you going to detail out your world? You say Thalassa is a city of towers--where the higher you are, the better off you are. Will you be detailing out every platform? Give a social structure for each one (or a broadened idea)? Will you be going over the technology available to the everyday person compared to the elitists? Can I join? xD

[/QUOTE]
I will! I'm currently writing some rough sketches out for how the world is, the fauna, the beings who live on it, even something for non-earth locations. I'm not sure if it will turn out too rough or too much (of course, I hope to hit the sweet spot) but it will definitely have lots of lore for pretty much everything.

And yes! :)

Hhhhhh I am excite <3

Maybe you could at least give an overview that's kind of a required read. Something short, sweet, and to the point. Then if you want (or others like me want) to read something more extensive, it could be hidden under an accordion or something?

Yeah, definitely I just wanted a more detailed read so the plot idea comes through. I'll have a more compact version ready for the interest check. I just want to finish up lore beforehand. From experience, when you have an RP with interest and then take too long to start everything up, people lose their drive and it dies, so I'd like to avoid that.

Yeah, I found that out the hard way too from another site. D;

Good idea planning though. o uo b

That's what I'm doing for sS2.0, even though the WIP is public. xD

@Yuuki of the Strata Here's a preview of the lore section. It's not finished at all but yeah, just so you get an idea of what's it gonna be like. I'll gladly take feedback on if I should expand or cut explanation short.

Species:

The Forgers:

Consciousness of pure energy. Only two Forger's existence are known to mankind, described by Void in the 'Letter to Humanity'. God and Void represent humanoid shapes, their size about five times as large as the Earth. I' have a lot more lore on them, but I will not share it just yet, as I imagine figuring these beings out will be something people would enjoy. Also: Suspense!

Little Poems:

̶̳̣̥̜͕͟˙̸̺̫̙̱̘̙̪͉̗̗̼̠̪̳̻͟͠ʎ̡̡͚̮͈̳̲͇̤͚͎̠̪͢͢p̸̦͔̣͔̱̝̥̺̭̲̯̬̗͙̠̼͇̀o̪̬͖̠͓̱̩͘ͅ͏̸q̵̴̯̜̥̩̗̙͚̜̪̳̙͉͍̞̕͢͞o̷͖̹͈̟̜̞̭̙̥͉͕̱͟͞͝͡u̸̧̗̪͙̪̩̰̪̮͉̞̼̥ ̵͓̫͍̮͉̼̫͚̖͖̹͔̥̀͢͠͡p̵̪͈̘̗̮̙̹͔͙̼̰͚u̷̴̢̼͓͙͓̤͙ɐ̰̭͇͚̥̖̀̀͜͜ͅ ̷̧̫̼͎͙̝̯͔̞̗͞ɯ̵̧̛̣̗͉̫̺̙͈̼̘͕͈̼̫̳̰̩̞̙͜ǝ̡͚͈̮̠͎̩͔̜͎͚͕̼̺̩̯͚̰̱́͞͠͏ɥ̵̛͎̟̥̟̝̫̟̯̯͞ͅʇ̡͉̩̮̮͉̖̙̀ ̸̟̠͖͏'͉̥̣͇̮̮̲͖̜̟̮̩͚̭͓̝҉̕͝͡n̶̥͔̤̜͍͈̙̻͕̳̭͍̭̣҉o̸̼̬̗̘̜͔̥̳̙̗̻ʎ̬͙̘̦͎̤̩̞̺̻̞̤̬͍̱̮҉̸̸̸͝ ̶͚̞̻̭͍̜̦̰̗̘̲̯̞̦͎̮̺̗̀s͓͕͖̭̘̰҉͢҉́͟ᴉ̴̭̻͇̮̠͉͍̫̲͝ ̵̧̧̠͈̥̙̥̙̘̬̳͉͙̯̤̠̟̮̗͟ǝ̡̧̝͖͍̖̰͍̥́ɔ̛͎̣̳̩̯̣̝̺̮̺͉̦̖̠̖͕̙̝̀͢u͉͔̝̖̠͙͈̩̼̫̖͎͠͞ͅǝ̴̨͕̝̭͈̲̪̟̰͇͉͔̦̥҉ʇ̛̹̦͚͍̕͝s̶̳̯̘͈̣̖̯̠̝̟͇̖̤̼̗̙̥ᴉ̯̞̜̰̫̞̭̭̤̜̺̯̀̕x̙̩̝͜͠ǝ̣̘̫̫̰̦̮̺̤̙̲̫͞ ̹̜̱̹̬͙̱̪̱̣̲̦ͅͅ͏҉͏̛͜ɹ̶̮͚̘͍̳̣̞͓̝͙͘n̡̹͉͖̪̗͟͠͝o̡̧̢̜̟͕͙̠̰͉͕̳̣̥̰̟̣̜̯ͅ ̸̵̧͔͇͈͔̕͞'̵͍͇̹̝̳͔͓͔̳͙̥̀͝ǝ̟̦̜̤̬̯͍̫̮̝̝̞̼̻͏ʌ̴̛̮̦̼͓̘́͠ɹ̷̙͇̯͎̯̝͇̝͙̞̳̦̳͟ǝ̷͖͙̠͈̫͖͘͝͠͞s̫̗̖͍͖͍͕̥͏̶ ̮̠̪̞̫̭͔̜̫͔̮͚̯͚̦̮͙́ʎ̸̡̬̬̪̯̣̦̫̗̳̼̲͈̮͉̙̟̲͈͢͡͠ɐ̵͚̥̜̗͎̹̗̮̠̥͓̜̣̺͢͝ͅɯ̸̷̛̦͉̗̻̰͖͈͕̠̣̤̭̤̼̜́͏ ̢̻̺͎̱̥̪͍̖͉̭̭̼̘̝̪̻͖̠̦́͘͜͠ǝ̶̧̦̫̱̘̝͉͙͖̙̖̟͡M

Humanity:

Genetically identical to the humans of the last Earth. Has evolved about twice as fast as its last incarnation and is technologically superior. Religion has been outlawed and is, essentially, abandoned, although it is an open secret that some minor cults remain to exist. Interestingly, this spreads through every social branch, from top to bottom. Humanity lives entirely on one super-continent, surrounded by an outherwise empty body of water.

A.I.:

Articifical Intelligence are almost identical to humans. Well developed, they are mostly integrated and accepted in this society, though there's a slight bias against them. They tend to take on only a few select lines of work, those being: Scientific researchers, aiding with their almost flawless ability to calculate, local guides and security guards. It is illegal for A.I.s to own weapons under any circumstance, unless they are given permission to control security programs which incorporated guns. An A.I. found to be guilty of intentionally breaing this law is to be deactivated.and destroyed permanently. A.I. and Human relations are proportional to the districts, getting increasingly tense the lower you are.

Thalassa:

Identical in size, galactic location and atmosphere to Earth, although it differs greatly in how life on Earth has developed. Being covered by an exceptionally lethal occean called Okeanis, only a single supercontinet exists - Amera. Amera is a diverse landmass, devided into five categories.

- Trist: The further one travels north, the explorer is set to discover dead land. Deserts and sandstorms are overly present. A harsh environment housing nothing but a few select species who have adapted to the awful conditions there. It is hard to access, as a giant montain formation seperates the area from Waylon.

- Waylon: Located right next to the imposing rock formation that shuts off the deserts of Trist, a massive piece of land is covered in swamps. Mud, unhealthy looking plants and a damp atmosphere are making this a rather unpleasant place to be. The swamps house a rich selection of insects who thrive in the warm, wet area filled with plants.Usually avoided, unless research is to be conducted. Rumored to house a religious cult called "Lachai", though this is not confirmed.

- The Capsule: The Capsule is the first area inhabitated by humans on Thalassa. Once a massive experiment, it completely breaks the natural progression of the land. Originally, this was an Antarctica-like tundra, entirely hostile and uninhabitable. The Capsule was build and transported almost entirely completed, and was, by far, the most daring and dangerous project humanity has managed to complete. Placed in the middle of nowhere, it allowed research to happen in such a harsh environment. While blizzards rage on, outside the city, the climate has significantly changed to a managable state ever since The Capsule has been placed. Inside, a rather tropical scenery allows for great living conditions. Cities have been build, utilizing the snow to sustain themselves with water, while the inside-climate makes growth of fruits, vegetables and other agreculture easy. An estimated three million population lives inside the incredibly large Capsule.Inside, a variety of birds and other wildlife has developed, most of them either herbivores or domesticated. The frozen waistland outside houses the Dirvos, a species of gigantic, wolf-like creatures, as well as a breed of bears. Visually and biologically similar to polar bears, they do not swim and prey on the wolfs, rather than fish or seals. Rumors have it, a beast of massive proportion lies here, a death stare and unusually many legs to sport. This is considered a fairytale, but some mysterious cases of disappearing research teams make some people believe.

- Ustasia: The secont to last area on Thalassa and home to the Capital, which is named Thalassa as well, chosen in vanity to express its importance. Once the snowy conditions of The Capsule's surroundings subside into more friendly conditions, Ustasia emerges and takes up about 65% of all landmasses. This is not to say the rest of Amera is small,Ustasia is simply incredibly large. The skyscrapers give the town a very distinct appearance, housing everything. And that's no exaggeration! Apartments, mansions, shops, industrial companies, scientific research; ranging from medical, terrestial and biological research, the world's entertainment companies and studios, and even agriculture and greenhouses as well as farms to breed livestock are present inside incredibly spacey towers. Transportion between towers usually takes place by using the 'Tears'. Tears are plattforms, which transport groups of people through see-through tunnels which connect the towers at several stories.

-

I'm liking it a lot so far!

Though, are you doing to be focusing on multiple locations or one specific location for IC?

Also, I have work early in the morning, so I'll check responses later. Dx

Night~

I intent to have the RP take place in the the city for like 90% of the time, but I'd like to have territory avaible for missions or just for fun shiz, in case it ever gets sleepy or I'm a lazy GM and people can slay mighty beasts :P

Sunbather said:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

C6tkTaA.png

The year is 2093. For the most part, humanity has remained as we know it today. Technology kept evolving, some diseases were cured, social progress inched closer to perfection as equality had spread a little further, tensions between nations have increased for some, others experienced an improved relation to nations such as North Korea or countries in the Middle East. Life went on. War - Sports - Entertainment - Money - Love. They remained our biggest concerns, influencing us all so heavily - until 'The Promise' happened.

On the 24th of June 2093, every screen in the world went out. Phones, televisions, tablets, computers, displays, digital clocks - They all went black, only to be revitalized with white noise. An ominous silhouette, one that swallowed the light and drove people with weak wills insane if they kept staring at it, anounced the arrival of God in only six years, intending to keep 'The Promise'. And soon, after only about five minutes of chaos and confusion around the world, things returned to normal. While the globe's leaders had come together to adress this odd event, religion received it's second spring. Masses of people stormed to mosques, synagogs, churches and temples, desperate to appease God, who seemingly finally proved his existence to them. Unfortunately, those who abused faith for their own agenda profited of this sudden influx of believers, strengthening the rotten sheeps of religion. And so, as humanity is so prone to, wars happened. Thanks to the overwhelming fear of ending up in whatever divine punishment one believed in, blood was spilled in the name of every god ever spoken of. The world collapsed, as economy and politics failed to be upheld in this global, fear-inspired hunt. The year, now, is 2099. The scraps of humanity was to finally come face with God. But, as so often, a fatal mistake was made.

This wasn't 'God'. It was no variant of an all-powerful being described in a religious writing or a Greek myth, no... It was something entirely else. Towering over the planet, it took Earth in its hands, blackening the Sun with its mere presence. With this, God took the necessity of life and cleansed the planet of any trace we had ever existed. Nevertheless, in its mercy, the being took Earth with it, took it to
'The Forge' where it would be cast aside for an amount of time no human could comprehend. Eventually, 'Void' would bestow its mercy onto the forsaken planet, rescueing it from The Forge, working on it, and, eventually, allowing it to live again.

CcQhGEd.png

And so, after recovering from its newly aquired infant stage, ice ages and continental shaping, it lived. Thalassa. The new Earth. Covered almost entirely in water, one single continent was to exist. As life formed once again, the cycle of existence once more allowed humanity to spawn, though this time, it evolved quite a bit quicker. This far more advanced society would once again start their evolution and eventually reach the year 2097. Who knows how many times this mark had been come across by now. In any case, this version of humanity was, by far, the most potent, reaching new heights in almost all aspects of life, though it was by no means perfect. It simply was the most intelligent lifeform to have lived on Earth so far. In fact, humanity was so advanced, they managed to reveal a hint, left by Void, allowing them to know of God's existence. A divine test? A warning? A threat, maybe? Humanity instantly outlawed religion and continued to prosper.

This is where you come into the picture. You live in Thalassa, the world's capital, named after the planet and representing both, the best and worst of the giant continent it ruled over. You live in this city, one that represents both, progress and cruelty, light and shadow, decadence and need, boredome and hope. The city is, essentially, a collection of giant towers. The higher up you are, the higher up you are in society. Quite literally, of course, but also socially. The bottom districts are shady alleyways, narrow boardwalks and dirty apartment complexes.

olVNwrC.png

High up in the skies, high society lives its luxurious and ambitious life. Whether the rich endulge in enjoyable entertainment and consumation or the most notorious scientists continue to make incredibly discoveries, the life in the sky is what dictates how life on Thalassa advances. Or crumbles.

vQOmf6V.png

And crumbling it is, once again. Void's mercy be thanked, we have unraveled the existence of the being known as God, the history that our planet has been put through, the fate an earlier version of us had to endure. In response, every chemist, every astronomer and every physicist on the planet has been ordered to come and work in the capital, desperate to avoid the foreshadowed future. In only three years, life could be over, if God so decides to return to our home. Is it possible to fight such a being? Is it possible to... kill God?

So! This is my very first original story idea. Essentially, I'd like this to become an RP in which we play characters from all walks of life on Thalassa, who somehow come together and try and fight their fate, be it by appeasing God or by fighting it, that's up to the players. And I mean that, quite literally, as I have ideas for a lot of endings. Ideally, this would become a very large project, with a plethora of players so a variety of settings can be played and we have a diverse group, but I think we can make it work with an average number as well. I'd love for you guys to give me feedback. Is this an idea you'd be interested in? Any sickeningly obvious plotholes? Is it too complicated? Too boring? I just want opinions to make this as good as possible before doing an interest check.
I really enjoyed reading this and truth be told, I wish I could be roleplaying this right now. As for any plotholes, etc. I don't see any problems with the storyline. It's well constructed and the story is unique.

I am a bit concerned about "battling" this god though due to the fact that to us... light years is a long time away. If this god is not constricted by the laws that we know and can just grab a planet and squash it, the speed in which this happened to humanity would be in an instant. For example... if there are aliens that are in a galaxy neighboring ours... if they were to look through a telescope at our planet they would see dinosaurs because the amount of time it would take for them to see what our planet looks like today could take millions of years.

So being able to see the being before it struck is what I am trying to wrap my brain around because of how massive it is. To us it would simply look like space going dark but not being able to tell what is causing it, and by the time we realized that our planet would be dust. At least that's what I'm assuming, so if you could give me a hint on how we'd battle such a mass it would help me understand a lot more.

Other than that... Like I said I wish I could be roleplaying this right now, I've already thought up a character for it... do you have idea when it's going to start?

ArachneGlycon said:
I really enjoyed reading this and truth be told, I wish I could be roleplaying this right now. As for any plotholes, etc. I don't see any problems with the storyline. It's well constructed and the story is unique.
I am a bit concerned about "battling" this god though due to the fact that to us... light years is a long time away. If this god is not constricted by the laws that we know and can just grab a planet and squash it, the speed in which this happened to humanity would be in an instant. For example... if there are aliens that are in a galaxy neighboring ours... if they were to look through a telescope at our planet they would see dinosaurs because the amount of time it would take for them to see what our planet looks like today could take millions of years.

So being able to see the being before it struck is what I am trying to wrap my brain around because of how massive it is. To us it would simply look like space going dark but not being able to tell what is causing it, and by the time we realized that our planet would be dust. At least that's what I'm assuming, so if you could give me a hint on how we'd battle such a mass it would help me understand a lot more.

Other than that... Like I said I wish I could be roleplaying this right now, I've already thought up a character for it... do you have idea when it's going to start?
Well, let's say I have a very, very specific idea as to how to battle the Gods. It will be something the players have to figure out if they don't want to die. But it'll be tricky. I hope I'm able to attract a crowd of enthusiastic people, who enjoy the challenge in finding the plot. I'll leave hints here and there too, so I think that'll be good. I might think of an alternative way to "win", however. You are right though. The original Earth had no idea what happened. Everything just went dark and died owned within moments. It's supposed to be scary and seemingly unbeatable. But again, don't worry, I got an idea for this. Truth be told, this was a book I had and figured I could turn into a great roleplay, ha.

And I'd love to have you. Don't worry about the sign up. It's got a long way to go. I'm very keen on finishing up every little detail first, the lore, the plot, locations, tech and so on. It'll be a while before it goes online. That being said, feel free to PM me once you're free and I'll tag you in the eventual thread.

Interesting ! I might be into this

This is a very strong starting point. I actually wish you'd obfuscated the truth behind Thalassa. If you develop this into a great setting that stands alone, you can drop hints about the previous cycle for players to pick up on and inform the plot.

But I can see this going places, especially if you really think about the changes in culture, technology, even human biology that would have to result from the advanced scientific development and abandonment of religion.

Grey said:
This is a very strong starting point. I actually wish you'd obfuscated the truth behind Thalassa. If you develop this into a great setting that stands alone, you can drop hints about the previous cycle for players to pick up on and inform the plot.
But I can see this going places, especially if you really think about the changes in culture, technology, even human biology that would have to result from the advanced scientific development and abandonment of religion.
I felt as if I had to give a decent starting point with a clear idea to interest people, haha. But really, I have an "ending" in mind, which I won't ever reveal. I'll subtly lead players to achieve it, but I won't hold em by the hand. I'm glad you do like it overall. :)

Also - This is still lightyears away from happening. I'll need a large, incredibly reliable group of people + lots of time to lead it. Currently not managable for me. ;_;

Sometimes you have to trust your readership to make connections.

And if you do develop the setting to stand alone, you can easily avoid giving away plot points like that.

Since you have time before the resources to run this are available, I urge you to work on it in what time you have.

Wow! This plot seems very well thought up, and I wish to be part of this roleplay :D I love the way you told the history of Thalassa it really captured my attention. Can't wait to see what this will become can I join? o3o

*cries because sunbather didn't mention anything like this to me at all*

This seems suupppeerrr fuckin Awesome and would love to take part in it once it launches 50 billion Light years later.

For now, I'll go into Cryo-Status. Wake me when this launches.

*steps into cryo chamber*

I've reworked the setting a bit. I made it so the premise and setting's the same, but things like numbers, dates and names for planets can now remain the same as they are now. It's not that I'm too lazy to make up everything, I just think it'd be very hard to get into, and I like things to make sense. Also, and I imagine @Grey appreciates this, I've written it in a way that explains what happened and how everything is, but the mysterious things are much less explained.

AXjtyC0.png

Appetizer

Thalassa - The focal point of human existence. Countless skyscrapers next to their twins... This is what life on Earth has become in 8893. A whole continent, crammed to the borders with towers so big we can barely wrap our minds around it. Life happens inside. Literally and figuratively. Leaving Thalassa is a pipe dream for 99% of the people that are born within the incredible city.

Cameras everywhere. Control and authority are strict, efficent and, most importantly, somewhat omnipresent. While those in the lower districts suffer in slums, endure violence and drug wars and are largely ignored by the goverment as long as they stay amongst "their kind", the highest of society lives an enjoyable life, high above the clouds, indulging in decadence and convenience.

But... what happened if God him, her or itself had announced their arrival at the wold's last true city? An arrival that promises to doom our planet - and us, of course - to permanently vanish? Can this vain, hateful world face such a threat? Can it... kill God?

Incredible concept you have going on here. Sci-fi had always been a genre difficult for me to read, write, or even role play. However this seems easy to understand, and makes me want to give sci-fi another try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back