• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A world of my creation.. starring you?

Which species is the most commonly used for player characters, in Roleplay, out of these five?

• Humans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elves

• Vampires

• Lesser/Greater Deities

• Lycanthropes (Beastmen)

• Total voters

DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
Heya, all.

I was wondering if anyone would like to join up in a roleplay where I would be GM'ing. I would mostly be in charge of creating a setting and plot, along with most NPC's, and yet you would control your own main characters.

Aside from my current two settings, Milinax and Demesda, I was curious to see if I could create a different kind of fantasy setting; perhaps one that doesn't rely too much on just tragedy, or just comedy.

Who would be interested in participating in a setting of mine? Since this would be merely a discussion phase, you could feel free to ask me any range of questions, about it.

I'm down. All I have to do is worry about my own thing, sure. Makes it easier sometimes.

Ah, glad to see this is garnering a great deal of attention. So as for the setting I had planned.

What I had in mind was a sort of modification or spiritual successor to my previous D&D games. I wasnt GM of those, but I fondly remember how they worked. Not only that, but I would also incorporate my own original story elements. Heres some stuff I thought up.

Firearms would be present and available to player characters. Pistols, blunderbusses and shotguns would be really retro and clunky+ but equivalents to modern weapons would exist as well. Except these advanced weapons are magical in nature.

I would be open to any number of player races and character backgrounds. Anything from humans to warforged, all the way up to bird people and goofy skeletons.

If you feel like you can play a challenging monster or "boss battle", feel free to try.

I am more attuned to Dark Souls style magic than most others. For those uncultured in Souls magic..

- Sorcery is magic in most elements of the term, and mostly comes from the soul. It is bases off of intelligence.

- Miracles are most lightning spells and divine wards + healing. Based off if one's faith and devotion to a deity.

- Pyromancy is fire, and typically requires more attunement with the one wielding the fire.

- Hexes are taboo scrublord magic. OP. (Actually its just black magic.)

Id also like some input, be it a critique or your own idea, of a recent event that has affected the entire world. My idea was "the Great Gnome Extinction," am event wherein all Gnomes and Gnome culture was wiped out in a one-sided war. Most of the fault lies on the impulsive and power drunk Humans.

How does this strike everyone, so far?

DemetrioMachete said:
Ah, glad to see this is garnering a great deal of attention. So as for the setting I had planned.
What I had in mind was a sort of modification or spiritual successor to my previous D&D games. I wasnt GM of those, but I fondly remember how they worked. Not only that, but I would also incorporate my own original story elements. Heres some stuff I thought up.

Firearms would be present and available to player characters. Pistols, blunderbusses and shotguns would be really retro and clunky+ but equivalents to modern weapons would exist as well. Except these advanced weapons are magical in nature.

I would be open to any number of player races and character backgrounds. Anything from humans to warforged, all the way up to bird people and goofy skeletons.

If you feel like you can play a challenging monster or "boss battle", feel free to try.

I am more attuned to Dark Souls style magic than most others. For those uncultured in Souls magic..

- Sorcery is magic in most elements of the term, and mostly comes from the soul. It is bases off of intelligence.

- Miracles are most lightning spells and divine wards + healing. Based off if one's faith and devotion to a deity.

- Pyromancy is fire, and typically requires more attunement with the one wielding the fire.

- Hexes are taboo scrublord magic. OP. (Actually its just black magic.)

Id also like some input, be it a critique or your own idea, of a recent event that has affected the entire world. My idea was "the Great Gnome Extinction," am event wherein all Gnomes and Gnome culture was wiped out in a one-sided war. Most of the fault lies on the impulsive and power drunk Humans.

How does this strike everyone, so far?
Your magic is basically dark souls?

-Zedalb

Well yeah.. Dark Souls magic has inspired me the most, but if your magic mechanics work differently, do say so. Im sure we could find a way to incorporate it.

DemetrioMachete said:
Well yeah.. Dark Souls magic has inspired me the most, but if your magic mechanics work differently, do say so. Im sure we could find a way to incorporate it.
Your running the game though, how much contribution are you looking for from players?

And give some general guide lines on what you expect please.

-Zedalb

Umm I'd gladly join, just one thing, i'm new, how would this work? I need to make a character?

* AHHHH, I get it, so like D&D?

Last edited by a moderator:
In truth all I am asking from players is their participation. If not as a protagonist, then actively trying to defeat the protagonists, as an antagonist (as a lesser or major villain/monster, either way). But, since I dont know if our lores differ..

Well, I will incorporate my own lore about recent plus ancient history. Same with magic use and mortal-spirit relations. It should be user friendly enough to welcome different casting techniques.

Yeah you could build your character like a D&D character if you wanted, but uh..my intent was not to make a dice game.

Then you got your typical "no metagame pls" routine.. Killing blows on other players should be consented by the one youre trying to kill, first.. Yadda yadda yadda.

Hm.. Something else I suppose. This adventure will probably contain strong scenes of fantasy violence, sooo be sure youre okay with that sort of thing.

Anything else, you would like to know, or bring to my attention?

Oh no, if I don't have to build a character like in D&D that's great! xD , sounds good, i'd definitely love to join then, and thanks.

When the thread for the roleplay is up and running I will be sure to go far more into depth about the world in regards to its history. Right now though, checking to see who's interested.

And yeah.. No sheets required. :D If youve got an OC primed for Fantasy roleplays, youre good!

Well, I would say this is a good enough audience. Later tonight, the thread will be up. I will post a link to it here, when it is ready.

DemetrioMachete said:
Well, I would say this is a good enough audience. Later tonight, the thread will be up. I will post a link to it here, when it is ready.
I think what he was asking for is maybe a little background of what it's about and what to expect? I understand fantasy and all myself, though a little bit of specifics of what to expect would be nice.

I will be sure to explain a great deal of this, later on.

So far, what the premise is.. Is that Humans are a relatively new race to a continent not previously inhabited by them. Shortly after the humans arrived, diversity practically exploded with stuff like Half-Elves, Half-Orcs, Gnomes, the presence of monsters and demons, along with a vast sort of other races.

But then a cruel human rallied up his blind brothers, and got a war started.. A war which the humans won.

This particular evil human still rules over the land, and most other races, including other Humans, have come to loathe his rule, except no one thus far has had the courage or the strength to overthrow him. Theres a plotline with potential to pursue.

But along with that guy, theres all sorts of hostile monsters making trade routes and leisurely strolls unsafe. A fee powerful ones have created lairs within mountains, abandoned buildings, and underground. They typically guard treasure.

Both of those things are recent history, in this world.

I genuinely do want this to work. Is there any other specifics that would need to be explained?

Interested, if you're still accepting. The plot sounds interesting, and I'd love to take a crack at a fantasy Roleplay again. You could say it's been awhile since my last run around dealing with this genre.

Welp guys don't wanna drag everything down, but I don't have a character, i'm new as you guys may know. I'll make one but are there any specifics? Are there certain aspects to my character that would be vital to know?

*Lol, btw srry about all the questions xD

Specifics for your character? Hm..

Well there isnt much that I would ask of you. Id like for you to have creative freedom over your thing, yknow? All I will ask is that you write in at least a smidgeon of remembrance of past events in this roleplay, most of which I have written into the first post.

Ah, alright then. I'll just have to specify my characters background then? That makes things much simpler. Sounds cool.

Hm okay so Here's my character for this:

Name: Borus Arsten

Race: Dwarf

Sex: Male

Borus is proficient at fighting with either one or two handed axes and blunt weapons such as hammers. Borus is very aggressive when it comes to combat, but still thinks things through when fighting, he also dabbles just a bit in magic which he uses to enchant his weapons. He wears plated armor with the sigil of his old platoon.

Background: Borus is young, and fairly tall (for a dwarf), he lived a good, simple life, mining to provide for his family. He learned to fight from his father, whom is deceased but was a great warrior, he was a royal soldier that protected the dwarven king. Borus is a battle hardened warrior whom fought alongside his father in the Culturewipe war, where in his family was slaughtered by human soldiers. Borus survived the war to live on and witness the tyranny of the new king, he now greatly resents all humans and isn't one to speak or get near to one.

*btw this is my first character

Feedback?

Dwarven Surname? What does Borus look like, physically? What does he wear? How does he fight, and what does he fight with? What did he do before the culturewipe war?

While not necessary, those could all be touched upon in description, but indulged in during roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back