• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ⓣⓗⓔ Carnival ・゚✧*:・゚✧

Thrushwing

Manic potato
name: Desmond
nicknames: Dizzy
looks:

AGE 17
156143958841024675 (1).jpg

AGE 21
156143958841024675 (2).jpg

History: His mother always had a sharp word towards him and his father was very passive. He's always felt different in his small town.
Moonshadow Moonshadow

Last edited:
Name:
Ophelia Warren

Appearance: 593970

Backstory:
Ophelia lives a pretty disconnected life. Her family loved to be isolated from people and used their abundant wealth to live a peaceful worry free life. Ophelia didn’t mind the luxury she had, seeing as she should thank her lucky stars, but didn’t like how everything she owned was dangled above her. She couldn’t do anything she wanted as her parents threatened to take everything away. She was quick to want to start working and was eager for the chance to get away from her parents. However, these jobs didn’t satisfy her as she dreamt of pursing art and painting, liking the idea of having her own studio one day.

As she started to get more independent come college, she found that if she wanted to live the life she wanted. She had to compromise with her parents wishes. Therefore, they matched her up with someone equally rich in order to gain more wealth if they were to marry. She feels like this love is a chore now, but it’s necessary and perhaps she’ll come around eventually.

~4 years ago~​

Ophelia thought she would hate going to carnival. The day was hot and stuffy, making her struggle to be anywhere without air conditioning. Therefore, she thought going to a carnival would be out of the question for her parents. “Wait, we’re going?” She asked surprised in the living room as she watched her mother walk around in her robe.

“Of course! It’ll be fun to just go as a family. You’re Father had been so busy as of late.” Her mother took off her towel and started to blow dry her hair in the kitchen. Ophelia sunk down in the couch.

“First off, it’s hot. Second off, can’t you do that in the bathroom.”

“Well I’m hungry.” Ophelia heard the fridge open and close. “And it’s always hot. It’ll forever be hot. Get used to it. You need vitamin D anyways.” Ophelia groaned before lugging herself up, mumbling to herself before slamming the door behind her.

Now, as she stands under the shade of a booth, she knows this is way too much Vitamin D. And this is her third popsicle that had melted into her hand before she could finish it completely. She tossed the stick away before hearing screaming as the roller coaster zoomed past her. Frowning, she tilted her sunhat down more to block the sun as she watched joyous people screaming, having fun. She looked out into the carnival some more and saw couples holding hands. The bunch throwing basketballs and popping balloons in order to get the girl the stuffed animal. Romantic it would seem.

She felt pretty lonely now that she thought about it. She never tried to do anything with anyone. All she did was stay at home until her parents dragged her outside and even then, she looked up at the sky again, she never did anything. Her phone buzzed suddenly, causing her to flinch. Picking it up, she sees a text from her mom to meet her at the bathrooms. Luxurious. She closed the phone before stuffing it in her purse, walking forward and looking around. Where were the bathrooms anyways? She looked around more and still couldn’t find them. Great. Lovely. Cool. She didn’t want to stand in the sun any longer than she should, which prompted her to go ask an employee. She walked over to the closest person, someone operating the Ferris Wheel. “Um. Hello! Hi! Where are your bathrooms?” She asked, waving to get the guys attention.

Dizzy looked up in from his booth, confused at who was waving a hand in front of him. He had been so absorbed in his work. "Hey. Bathrooms should be up front to the right." he nodded and a small smile formed on his lips. "Are you new here? I normally don't see new faces in this town. Surprised we even get this many folks out here considering how hot it is." His lip was pierced and there were studs in his ears that gleamed in the sunlight. "Here" He reached into the booth and pulled out an ice cold water bottle. It was still dripping with condensation as he handed it to her. "For the heat."

Ophelia felt off. She watched as he spoke the directions, but it wasn’t entirely sinking in. She didn’t want to panic in front of him either, so she tried her best to keep a calm composure. “Oh yeah, we recently bought a place a little ways away from here. Also, I don’t like going out much.” She said and frowned a bit as he presented her with a drink. From an outsiders perspective, she may have looked weird. She couldn’t stop herself as she watched the droplets fall from the drink the same way the sweat seemed to drip from her. She blinked a bit before grabbing the drink. “T-thank you.” She turned to walk away, but found she couldn’t even take a step forward. She seemed glue to the ground and if she did walk forward she would faint. She slowly turned back towards him with a nervous smile. “Can I ask you to take me there? I think I’m going to pass out.”

He saw the girl's eyes look unfocused. Is she even listening or am I just that boring? he thought to himself. The girl's movements seemed sluggish as she reached for the bottle. "Listen... you should-" he said as he turned around to make sure the ride was going, and would be safe until he made sure the girl was out of harm's way. "rest." The last word came out flatly as he realized she had already turned around. But she wasn't going anywhere. "Miss?" he asked in a concerned voice, At her words he acted. The ride would function for some moments. There was no one on it at the moment. He quickly put up a sign that said, Will reopen later He immediately scooped the girl up in his arms, her tendrils of brown hair were soft and silky, and smelled floral and fruity. Desmond tried not to think about that. "It's okay. I'm here now. Do you feel ill enough that you need to go to the first aid around here? Do you have parents or siblings we can take you to?" he took her in. She was beautiful, although she didn't look like she was sick enough to go to the medic here. He gave her a weak smile, "You probably just got overheated is all. Is it okay if I take you to a cooler place?" He didn't wait for an answer and was already heading towards trailer that was designated as his. It didn't have A/C or anything fancy but it was his very own place for the summer and he hoped, after too. There were always a large amount of fans whirling, and they were scattered about his house. His trailer also took prime real estate - a place in the shade, and it was certainly cooler than outside. He walked into past the kitchens and the love seat to the next section of the house. The two sections were separated by a curtain that he put up and behind the curtain lay a neat bed with a white sheets, and a soft grey blanket. He set her down gently and began to grab some ice cubes from the ice cube tray, and put them in a clean cup. He filled it with water and put it on the small table. He also grabbed some cold washcloths and set it on her forehead. "Just rest up. People won't bother you here."

Ophelia only replied in murmurs and mumbles as he helped her along. She felt pathetic getting overheated so easily, but it was nice of him to worry about her. At the same time, little spikes of worry came from her as he moved her around and asked her things then took her to a trailer. She didn’t have the energy to protest however, if this place was where she’ll feel better. She’ll go with whoever.

Once she laid down, she instantly felt relief as the bed cooled her back. Then, relaxed fully when there was a cool towel rested on her head. Ophelia almost didn’t want to open her eyes. She wanted to fall asleep instantly if it meant she’ll feel better. She hated to feel sick, but she couldn’t afford to sleep. Slowly, she opened her eyes and grabbed the cup besides her. Taking some gulps before blinking her eyes and turning to the stranger. “I’m sorry.” She said instantly. “I just... got sick.” She reached up and placed her hands on the towel, feeling relief again when they started to cool down too. “My parents are by the restrooms. That’s why I asked, but even if I did try to go I would’ve actually passed out.” She laughed tiredly then looked up at him. “I’m sorry by the way.” She repeated again. “And I’m thankful you helped me.”

He put the back of his hand to her forehead and his brow furrowed. "You have a fever. You should stay at least an hour or two." He looked at her, concern was spread across his face "Do you need me to text your mom for you? Will they worry?" He took the warm washcloth and replaced it with another colder one. "It's always hot in this town. You're probably not used to the heat yet." Curiosity piqued in him. "Where are you from anyways?" He looked up. "I mean I get it.. you think it's a quaint town but really what did you see in it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back