• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ▌ Sword Art Online : Our New Reality ▌Seeking 18+ Longterm Detailed Writers (No Doubling!) (OC x OC)

BooksOverRoses

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

“In every world, once you die, you’re gone.”

603DD201-5204-4A04-BF5D-3A279C5C947B.png

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

┊ ┊ ┊ ✫

┊ ┊ ︎✧

┊ ┊ ✯

┊ . ˚ ˚✩

Prior to official launch, «Sword Art Online» Closed Beta was available to 1,000 Beta Testers for a one month period from August to September of 2022. During that time, Sword Art Online was lauded as an incredible experience, and it received extremely positive reviews despite the actual difficulty of the game (over the one month period, the Beta Testers had only reached the 10th Floor). After the Closed Beta Testing ended, the Beta Testers were given the opportunity to pre-order the game.

Only 10,000 copies were printed in the first batch of the game, and online sales sold out within seconds. Hardcore gamers waited, camped in lines for days on end to purchase the first few selection of copies from available stores.
Sword Art Online officially started server service at 1 PM of November 6, 2022. Following the game’s initial launch, players quickly discovered that they could not log out from the game. Quickly thereafter, they were forcibly teleported to the Town of Beginnings, and a terrifying message from the game's developer was delivered.

❝ 𝘈𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘳𝘴, 𝘐 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘚𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘈𝘳𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦. 𝘔𝘺 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘈𝘬𝘪𝘩𝘪𝘬𝘰 𝘒𝘢𝘺𝘢𝘣𝘢, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘐𝘢𝘮 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥. 𝘐’𝘮 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘮 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘶𝘴 — 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘣𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘰𝘯. 𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦. 𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘚𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘈𝘳𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘕𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘎𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥. 𝘐𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘴𝘰, 𝘢𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘕𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘎𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘦 𝘢 𝘮𝘪𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘬𝘶𝘭𝘭, 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲. ❞

With access to the logout menu restricted, the singular way for all ten-thousand players to escape the game was to clear Aincrad’s 100 levels. Following Kayaba’s message, there was a significant spike in player deaths, most stemming from suicides. As many as 2000 people died within the first month.

6 months have passed since then and players have learned to adapt to life inside the game. Guilds have formed, floors are being slowly but steadily cleared, and some believe that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. One of the largest leading groups on the front lines to escape Aincrad, the Legion of Light, has done wonders for the people trapped within Sword Art Online by way of organization, rigorous training, top of the line gear, and notable raids on the boss rooms. Their reputation has become that of legends.
But with only 25 levels cleared, countless dangers still await, and many players may not make it to see the end…

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

┊ ┊ ┊ ✫

┊ ┊ ︎✧

┊ ┊ ✯

┊ . ˚

▌ MY REQUIREMENTS / IMPORTANT NOTES ▌

Bios. This roleplay will feature a (mostly) OC only cast. They can be however vague/brief/detailed you want them to be! While I agree that the best stuff can be discovered through interaction, a little info helps devise plot points or notice physical characteristics.

I typically write as female characters in all of my roleplays and intend to do so here. But I am more than open to both FxM and FxF pairings. I will not write MxM, so please don’t inquire!

This roleplay will be written from a third person perspective.

You must be okay with heavy RP discussion and world building. For this setting, it’s a little necessary. I'm aware most detail is extraneous and should take a backseat to the plot and characters - but the more detail you add into the world the more realistic it becomes!

You must be able to write 2-3 paragraphs or more!

Please understand that I do not double, but I am more than happy to write side characters of either gender to help move the story along!

Faceclaims aren't a must, but brownie points for you if you take the time to find one! I'll have one prepared myself.

For you to have a decet grasp of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and capitalization (Literate to advanced writers+ only, please). This means NO text speech.

While mature themes will be in my plots, and are even encouraged, there needs to be a good chemistry between our characters before heavy romance can occur! I’m a lover of all things slowburn!

The more description and detail, the better! I'm not particularly worried about length, because I prefer quality over quantity, but if you struggle to write at least one paragraph of roleplay, we're probably not going to be a great fit.

Let's bring this story to life! I lose interest pretty quickly if I'm the only one that's invested/enthusiastic or coming up with plot ideas. Quality writing makes my heart happy, as does world building together.

If you've made it this far, thank you for reading! Hoping to see some replies soon! More to be discussed in PMs!​

Such a lovely recruitment post! If you are looking for a partner who writes an average of six to nine paragraphs per post and loves and SAO franchise send me a message.

I had an idea some time back for a hacker of sorts for my character, and would feature as a younger female avatar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back