• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Sword Art Online~No Longer Accepting!

GossipLink

I drink coffee, oh and I love my fish waifus :>
I, am the Gossip Link. The Link that Gossip's...get it? I don't either...now, hello dear user!

I want to do a RP based off of Sword Art Online! (Specifically the show...I've never read the manga.) For starters, I kinda have a basis to revolve around. Basically, I figure if we did a RP of SAO, it would be after the ending of season one. (If you haven't finished watching at least season one, there will be spoilers from here on out. You have been warned!) This would take place after the World Seed 'grew'.

As far as how the story goes, I'm thinking this: we would have it in an AU where someone perfectly reconstructs the original Sword Art Online game (Without the whole 'no logging out' thing. And or, the first plot to the show.) The RP would take place in this world, and we would be people partying up to beat the game! (All 100 floors...) I plan on this being a long RP, so if you are interested in this idea, then be prepared for the long haul.

Now, with that said let me say a few things. I'm looking for only a few RPer's, and by a few I mean at least two others, at most four. (Not including myself.) To many people, in my opinion, ruins the flow of RP's, but just the right amount is perfect. Also, anyone wanting to join must be ready to commit to this. By that, I mean no dropping out unless if you really have to. If you say you can, I am expecting you to. Now, let's say there will be a few days, or maybe a week or two you can't post, but you will be back. Then let me know, and depending on exactly where we are at the time, we can write it off as your character, in game or IRL, has to leave for a few days. Then we merrily write you back in later on, simple as that!

I am expecting anyone who joins to be literate. By that, I mean I want people who can post at least a paragraph, if not two or three. I myself can post decently long posts, depending on what I'm given. So I would like if you could be the same. But again, at least one paragraph. I'm not expecting you to write more then that every single time...as much as I'd like you to. Also in the way of literacy, spelling and grammar. No one's perfect, but please mind your spelling. A mistake is a mistake, I get that. I'm sure somewhere in this thread I have messed something up, but don't make it a common thing.

Now, thanks to @DGLong, we've come up with a working system for leveling up, skill points/skills, items, etc. (Now, this might not be perfect, but I personally think it's pretty good. Here's the system:

1. The Experience System :

a. You get experience by killing monsters, but those monsters only give you small amount of exp. For example : If a level 1 character needed 100 exp to level up, then the monster will only give you around 7 - 10 per monster. You will get more experience by accepting a quest from a NPC or Request Board in each floor's city/town/village.

b. Since this game is set after the event of SAO, where everybody can log out, when you die in the dungeon, you will lose some exp that you gained. This will scale on your level. The formula will be = (level/caps) * 25% . For example :

If a level 50 character, with a cap level of 100, dying on the field, that char will lose = (50/100) * 25% = 12,5% (I think this fair enough, this will emphasize the need to form parties than solo it.)

c. Monster level will be scaled to player's level from floor 51 - 100. Monster's level from floor 1 - 50 will have a fixed level. (This also emphasizes the need to party as well.)

2. The Money and Random Drops System :

a. The money dropped from the enemy will be given to all party members, with the last hitter got a bonus of 5% of the respective monster's bounty. For example : If a monster had the bounty of 5000, and a party of 5 kill it, each party member will get 1000 coal, with the last hitter will receive 1375 coal.

b. The monster's drops will increase if it's killed by a party. For example : If a monster which drops jewel shards was killed by a solo player, that monster will only drops 1 -2 jewel shards. But, if it is killed by a party of four, it will drop 8-9 jewel shards.

c. The drops distribution can be set by the party leader, by roll/dice system or turn loot. Every party member can see the drops distribution system and will be noticed via in game announcement if the party leader changes it.

3. Skill System. (For reference to the cannon skills, and to understand certain phrases, refer to this link: http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Skills

The Skill Point system. Every time a player levels up, they receive 10 skill points, which the player can decide to spend the skill points on which proficiency they choose. (These proficiency's include Support Skills, and 'Other Skills') With the exception of the skills your character knows upon entering the game, most Combat Skills and Sword Skills can be earned via NPC or skill books that can be found inside the dungeon or hidden in the field or dropped by certain monster (the stronger skill one). Other Combat and Sword Skills can be earned for reaching certain requirements with your character. But currently this part of the system still needs a bit more fleshing out, so for the full list of what can, and can't be used and such will be developed very soon.

4. Items, Weapons, Armor, and Accessories.

NPC store's have upgraded/better items, every 2 or 3 floors. And all the NPC sells are generic items/armor/weapon/accessories. The better ones are either dropped by monsters, crafted, or as reward for Last Hitting Floor Boss.

So that's that! Currently, we have three people (including myself) interested in doing this. So if one or two more people want to join in, now is the time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in. I like the idea of in SAO than Alfheim. In AO, having magic is kind of fun killer.

Also, what kind of help on canon system do you need? I happen to play SAO : Infinite Moments, so maybe I can help a little.

Well, at least see the story resume on SAO wiki, it'll help, I think...

DGLong said:
Count me in. I like the idea of in SAO than Alfheim. In AO, having magic is kind of fun killer.
Also, what kind of help on canon system do you need? I happen to play SAO : Infinite Moments, so maybe I can help a little.
Then we have a simiar view on magic. Anyways, welcome! And as far as the cannon system goes...well I'll just PM you.

DennisR said:
i'm interested but..
i didn't watch SAO, can i still join then?
Well...if you didn't watch the show, then I give you the same advice DGLong gave you. But unless if someone with more experience comes along to replace you before we start, I suppose welcome aboard.

TheGossipLink said:
Then we have a simiar view on magic. Anyways, welcome! And as far as the cannon system goes...well I'll just PM you.
Okay, go ahead :D

@DennisR here's the link for the summarize of SAO. You can at least read for the first season, so you may know the story of it all.

DennisR said:
i´ll pass

there´s probably someone better than me
Maybe...sorry to see you go. Should you get into the show later on, remember us!

It's in the process of making up basic mechanic. Maybe things will kick off soon :D

Well, I believe we have the system mostly worked out. Maybe just a tweak or two...I'll be posting on the first post as soon as it's done. So be looking for that!

Alright, so I'm a bit busy right now, but I have a good idea of how I'm going to do this. It will be a bit, but I'll have everything done soon.

Okay you guys, the thread has been edited, and the system that we will be using is uploaded. Please read it, and tell me what you think. @etherna

*bump*

Woah! SAO, okay. I could do this, but I have a slightly bad memory, and I'm on vacation. So, notepad and wifi, okay, I got that. I haven't finished SAO. But it always seemed interesting to me. I'm in?

Superboi360 said:
Woah! SAO, okay. I could do this, but I have a slightly bad memory, and I'm on vacation. So, notepad and wifi, okay, I got that. I haven't finished SAO. But it always seemed interesting to me. I'm in?
Well if you're in, welcome!

Alright guys, I'm going to give it till I get home (Which will be about a hour or two) till I cut off the joining. At that time I do, I'll work on the CS we will stick to.

Well if that's the case, then welcome aboard!

With all the spots filled, I'm going to cut off the joining. I'll work on the last things needed when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back