• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Sword and Chains

"The world really is a fascinating place. I have been to lots of amazing places. I would have liked to stayed here for a while longer but we are leaving tomorrow so we can get away from that slave trader." Drew said as Marley wrapped the gauze around the cut. Her hands where soft and cold and had a sweet and delicate touch to them. Once the cut was wrapped up drew stood back up and grabbed a new shirt. "Alright let's go downstairs and get you some food. Then we will get some sleep since we leave tomorrow." Drew said and opened the door. " Can you somewhat walk now or do you want me to carry you?"

Marley felt a little guilty that because of her he wouldn't get the chance to enjoy this place for much longer.It did seem like a lovely area,it was a shame it now held some bad memories for her."Where will we be going?" She asked curiously,excited to once again be able to enjoy traveling.When she was with the trader she was either squeezed in the wagon or trudging along on sore feet so there was no way she could enjoy the scenery or take the time to look around.When he asked if she could walk on her leg at all now or not,she hesitated and sucked in a breath."I'm honestly afraid to...I don't want to damage it any worse...it still really hurts,too," she answered.She paused a moment before adding,"I'm sorry..."

"We are heading to Varkics next. There famous for wine and festivals. There a big trading city and I am gong to visit a old friend there." Drew said then walked over to Marley and picked her up. "I understand dont be sorry. I should have just picked you up and carried you anyways so im sorry." Drew said then walked out the door and used his foot to close it behind him. He carried her downstairs and picked a table in the corner away from the people so no one would bump Marley. Drew sat her down in the chair and sat next to her. A tavern girl walked over and asked what they wanted and Drew asked for some meats and breads and a pitcher of water. The tavern girl nodded and went to go get the meal. When the tavern girl left Drew saw the saw the door open and he sat up straight and cracked his knuckles. The slave trader and his two guards walked in.

Marley listened to where they were going next.It sounded interesting and excited.Now she was getting really excited about leaving the next day.It wasn't like she really wanted to stick around there due to what happened,but she had felt bad that he couldn't stick about because of her.She shook her head when he said about having to pick her up."Don't apologize..." She told him softly,glancing down.When they were going through the doorway,she held her breath,but her leg remained unharmed.Once at their table,she sighed and let her body relax,resting her head back a little.However,when she heard the door open,she glanced in that direction and she gasped when she seen who it was."D-Drew...that's the slave trader!" She whisper yelled nervously,biting her lip and looking back in the notorious man's direction.

"Yeah, look down and try not to look up or act nervous."Drew said reaching down and grabbing the hilt of his sword next to him. The slave trader sat on the opposite side of the room and had his back to them. He was loud and clearly drunk. Everyone in the tavern was eyeing him but not doing anything. The tavern owner walked up to the slave trader and tapped him on the shoulder. "Sir I can tell your drunk but if you can please quiet down we have other customers in here besides you." The tavern owner said and the slave trade laughed."D..o you kn....ow who I am. I'm a slave trad....er I am more import...ant then you or any one in he....re so shut up before i kil....l you." The slave trader said drunkenly. The tavern owner sighed and grabbed the slave trader by his shoulders and lifted him up. "Leave now." The tavern owner said but that was the last thing he would ever say. The slave trader drew his dagger and stabbed him in the gut and wrenched it around. "Piss off." The slave trader said and drew the knife out and the tavern owner fell to the ground dead, All the people in the tavern screamed and started to run out. Drew grabbed his sword and drew it out and walked to the slave trader. "Hey no more get out." Drew said pointing the sword at the man nearly inches from his face. "You." The slave trader said in a evil and gross voice. The two big body guards stood up and circled around to Drew. "Kill him." Hissed the slave trader.

Marley nodded,biting her lip as invisibly as she could manage.She tried to not look nervous,but her heart just raced.What if he spotted her?What if he did something to her that Drew couldn't stop?When the tavern owner confronted him,she gasped slightly.He was dangerous when he wasn't drunk.She could only imagine how he would be when he was as drunk as she was.She screamed a little when he stabbed the tavern owner and she gasped when Drew went over and confronted him.When the slave trader order his guards to kill him,she gasped and she tried to think of something she could do...

Drew stepped back a few steps and held his sword horizontal in front of him. The two guards drew out short swords. They would have to get close to Drew to get him so Drew had the distance advantage with his long sword. The guards crept up slowly from Drew's right and left. The guard on the right ran forward and slashed vertically down at Drew aiming for his head. Drew dodged to the right and sliced the guard in his stomach and the guard fell down dead. The second guard then rushed at Drew and went on a random barrage of slashes. Drew blocked every strike but couldn't get a opening to attack back from the endless battering. There blades clashed back and forth with a loud ring with every clash. Sparks flew as metal hit metal. Drew kicked a stool that was on the ground and it hit the guard's legs and he fell. Drew took the chance and leaped forward and stabbed the guard in the back of the head. Drew looked up and the slave trader wasnt at his table anymore, Drew looked around and saw the slave trader behind Marley with a knife to her neck.

Marley watched in horror as swords flew and blood was shed.Her attention was so much on the fight that she didn't even hear the slave trader creeping up to her until the knife was at her neck.She gasped,not even flinching for fear it would be the last move she ever made.She watched as Drew killed the one guard,but most of her focus was on the slave trader who held her fate at that moment.She waited for him to strike,she waited for him to end her life,but he didn't and soon Drew was looking in her direction.Her eyes were wide and filled with her,her breaths quick and worried."Save me," she mouthed,not thinking of anything else to say but that.Her life was in the balance right then and one wrong move could end her.

"Let her go now she doesn't belong to you anymore." Drew said taking a small step towards Marley. The slave trader made a small cut on her neck making a small trail of blood flow down her neck and under her shirt. "Take another step or move one bit i will make she is dead. Now im going to leave with my property and head back to my caravan and leave. You are going to stay here till im gone and me and this piece of filth will be gone. You understand. Now drop your sword." The slave trader said walking slowly toward the door with the knife to Marley's neck still. Drew gently put down his sword and put his hands in the air. "Let her go please. I gave you gold for her, shes mine now so let her go please."Drew pleaded. The slave trader laughed and was at the door and with his free hand opened it and slowly waled out. "If i see you walk out of the tavern I will kill her so you better stay in there if you want her to live." said the slaver trader then shut the door and was gone. Drew grabbed his sword and ran up stairs to the room he bought for the two of them and opened the window and looked out. No one was by the side of the building so Drew jumped out of the window and walked up to the corner and looked around carefully. He could see the slave trader entering a alley and vanishing in the shadows. Drew ran to the alley next to the one he vanished in and came to the market square. Drew hid in one of the stalls and waited for the trader to reappear.

Marley bit her lip when Drew told him to let her go,nervously waiting for his response.However,when he cut the back of her neck a little bit,she let out a scream,whimpering afterwards.Her breathing increased as her worry did and she yelped in pain as she was taken towards the door and had to step on her injured leg.Her eyes widened even more the closer she got to the door...she didn't want to go back with him.That was the last thing she wanted...well,she didn't want to die.That would be the worst,but she definitely didn't want to go with him,so if she couldn't get away from him maybe dying was the better option.When he opened the door and started out,she started to whimper,looking at Drew in worry,fear,and sadness.As she was taken away from the tavern,she continued to yelp,her leg hating being walked on."P-Please...you're not my master anymore...let me go back with him..." She pleaded as they exited the alleyway.

Drew heard Marley and the slave trader enter the market square and he could hear Marley crying and begging for him to let her go. Drew gripped the sword tighter in his hands turning his knuckles white. Drew heard the caravan door open and heard some more people walk out. "Guards stand by the alleyways to make sure that knight doesn't sneak in here. I want some alone time with this trash and punish her alone if you know what I mean." The slave trader said. Drew heard the slave trader enter the caravan with Marley and all the guards fan out through out the court yard. Drew waited till the guards where in front of the alleyways and Drew looked over the counter and say 10 guards in total. Five in front of each alleyway. All of them had there back to where Drew was hiding. Drew decided to get the five closest to him first then if the others didnt hear him he would sneak kill them. Drew climbed out of the stall and quietly walked to the five guards closest to him. Drew stabbed his sword in the back of the guard that was farther back and carefully dropped the body so no one would hear. Drew killed the last four the same way then crept to the last five. Drew took them out the same way and cleaned his blade off on his shirt and walked up to the caravan. Drew opened the caravan door and crept in. Drew could hear Marley screaming from the back and Drew ran that way. The slave trader was hovering over her in only his underwear. Marley's shirt was half ripped off and he was taking her pants off as soon as Drew walked in. Drew ran up and threw the slave trader to the ground and stabbed him in the chest.

Marley's fear only increased as they headed over to the caravan,guards being ordered out.The moment she heard what he was going to do with her,she whimpered and screamed.Okay,being dead was better.She had no idea that Drew had followed them and was waiting to pounce the moment he got a chance.All she could think about was what was going to happen to her in even the next two minutes.The slave trader had taken her to the back of the caravan and,after getting himself in only his underwear,ignoring her pleads,went at her,partially ripping her shirt.She screamed,trying to get away from him,but trapped.All of her hope was lost when he went for her pants,starting to pull them down.Her screams were coming almost every other second and she thrashed a little,trying to get away from him.However,suddenly,Drew,literally her knight in shining armor...or,bloodstained shirt,came in and threw the slave trader to the ground,ending his threat to her permanently.Marley stayed where she was,eyes wide,body trembling,as if she had been semi frozen in her place,quietly whimpering,silent tears slipping down from her eyes.

Drew pulled the sword out of the traders chest and dropped it to the ground and ran over to Marley. Drew sat her up and hugged her. "Hey, I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry I wish i got here sooner, did he hurt you any more, are you alright." Drew said as he stopped hugging her and looking at her to make sure she wasnt hurt. Drew took his shirt off and handed it to Marley. "Here where this lets get out of here." Drew said then grabbed his sword and out it in the sheath and went to go pick Marley up.

Marley was so shook up.Her body trembled and she barely acknowledged him at first when he hugged her.However,she managed to hear what he said and gave a shake of her head."N-No...I'm j-just...s-shaken up..." She explained,her voice just as shaky as her body and her voice soft and quietly,probably barely audible unless he was paying close attention to her.Try as she might,she couldn't get her body to stop trembling.That had been horrible...if Drew hadn't gotten there right then...she didn't want to think about what would and might've happened to her.For a moment,she stared at the dead body of the trader,as if she wasn't exactly tuned in to the current world.When he handed her his shirt,she snapped out of it and nodded,slipping the shirt on,feeling much better now that she had something to cover herself better with.When he came over to her,she flinched a little,but then she drilled it into her head that it was just him and he wouldn't hurt her.

She was badly shaken up, Drew could tell. Any one would if something like this happened to them. Drew noticed that her leg was bleeding a little from the trader being so ruff. Other then that she wasn't wounded or hurt. Marley kept starting at the body of the trader as if it was just the body and her left on the world. Once she took his shirt and put it on he reached down and noticed her flinch. Drew stepped back and put his hands in his pocket. "Do you just want to relax for a little, we can sit her till your comfortable and calm. If so i will get ride of the body. I just dont want to touch you if your not ready or uncomfortable with it right now." Drew said standing there fumbling the few coins in his pocket worried about Marley.

Marley's breaths were even shaky,but she was trying so hard to calm down.She knew she was safe now.She knew he wouldn't hurt her...but it just seemed like something natural for her to be actin that way even when she knew and kept telling herself that she was okay.She noticed Drew stepped back.He must have seen her flinch.When he spoke to her,she looked up at him,her eyes looking like that of a scared,hurt puppy."I...I don't know...I don't want to be here...but I...I'm so scared,Drew..." She told him quietly,her lip quivering and a few tears slipping down her now closed eyes.She put her hand onto the spot that was bleeding on her leg and winced a little,looking down at the area.

"Alright then where leaving, we aren't going to stay in this city anymore. We will head back to the tavern to get our stuff and leave." Drew said and walked over to Marley and knelled in front of her and wiped tears from under her eyes and moved hair out of her face and behind her ear. "Its going to be okay, i swear. Next time I will do better to protect you I swear." Drew said and carefully picked her up and carried her outside and walked her back to the tavern. she was still shacking in his arms as he carried her. He felt bad for her. No person should have to feel this kind of fear and helplessness. No one should be treated like how she was treated. Luckily no one walked by the tavern or in it to see the bodies and death. Drew stepped over the over turned tables and chairs and headed upstairs and opened the door to their room and sat Marley carefully on the bed. "Before we go i want to get fresh bandages on your leg." Drew said and grabbed some gauze from his bag and some cream the doctor had gave him to put on her leg.

Marley nodded a little bit,focusing on trying to calm herself down.Everything would be okay.She was safe now.Drew was there and he would protect her.He wouldn't let anything bad happen to her now.There was no way he could've gotten her out of that situation before it even happened.She would be dead if he tried.Her thoughts were cut off by him wiping away her tears.She looked in his eyes,feeling grateful for his gentle,caring touch.This time she didn't flinch when he went to pick her up.Once in his arms,she rested her face against him,her body still shaking and trembling.Occasionally she would whimper,thinking about what happened and how she felt.She felt violated,for one thing,but she still felt so terrified even though she knew the situation was over.When she was set on the bed,she laid back,grabbing the pillow and pressing it over her face."It hurts..." She told him quietly,feeling her leg's consistent throbbing from her having to put her weight on it and how rough the trader had been with her.

(OH MY WORD.I had a reply typed and hit post,but it didn't post it so now I lost it!)

Marley was able to give him a nod in response to what he said.She tried to focus on calming her breathing down because,if she could do that,the rest of her should follow.When he wiped away her tears and moved her hair out of her face,she finally felt a different feeling than the violation and fear she still had coursing through her.However,despite feeling comforted,she still couldn't manage a smile.She looked into his eyes,though,thinking that maybe some form of appreciation would shine through her hazel gaze.This time,when he went to and picked her up,she didn't flinch.Her body still trembled and shook,but she felt okay with him handling her.She rested her head against his chest,still feeling violated and terrified,her heart still pounding in her chest.When she was safely on the bed,the shaking died down a little,but was still there.She looked down at her leg,feeling the consistent throbbing that resulted from having to put her weight on it and from how rough the trader had been."It hurts..." She told him quietly.

"I know it does. Im going to try to make it stop hurting. Just hold on alright i'm going to get water from the bathroom. Can you take the bandages off if not dont worry about it I will do it." Drew said and went to the bath room and grabbed a bucket and filled it with cold water. He also grabbed a cloth from the closet and walked back out. He set the water by the bed and the cloth on the bed near her leg and went to the window and closed it. Drew also went and stuck his head out the door and looked around seeing if he heard anyone. When he knew it was clear to clean her leg Drew walked back and sat on the bed by her feet and carefully set her leg on his lap and finished taking the wrapping off for her. He made sure to do it slow so it would hurt less but he heard small whimpers of pain here and there if the scabbing was to bad. Once the bandage was off Drew started to clean the wound with water. "Tell me if im hurting you to much or if you want me to slowdown. I dont want to hurt you more." Drew said. The wound was bad but it was better then it was before. From the looks of it, it would take about 3 maybe 4 weeks to heal completely. Even then she ay never be able to walk right again.

Marley looked at him and nodded when he finished talking.She wasn't so sure she would be able to take it off,but she tried.She got only a little bit before her doing it seemed to hurt too much.Stopping with a yelp,she laid back and sighed,staring up at the ceiling until he returned with a bucket of water.Sitting up,she bit her lip and watched him begin to take the bandage off.It hurt and she whimpered every now and then.She tried to keep herself quiet,but couldn't do it.When the bandage was finally off,she took a look at her leg and grimaced.It was bad.Better than what it was before being treated,but it was bad.Somehow she just pictured herself never walking again without a lip.She prayed that she would be able to walk normal again,but it looked unlikely at that point.When he started to clean the wound,she yelped just from the sudden pain,but tried to deal with it."That really hurts..." She told him through gritted teeth.

Drew jerked his arm back when she yelped as he started. "Im sorry, im sorry I will be more careful." Drew gently and carefully cleaned the rest of the wound getting all the dry blood and the fresh blood off. Drew grabbed the cream and opened the lid and put some on his left palm. "This may hurt, im going to touch it and rub this on it alright." Drew said looking over at her. Drew held out his free right hand. " You can hold my hand if you want if it will make you feel better. Just tell me when your ready so you can get prepared for it." Drew said worried that this may hurt a lot and hoped he could do it quick and carefully to get it done quicker so she wouldn't have to go through any more pain tonight.

Marley bit her lip and shook her head,feeling bad that he felt bad that she was in pain from what he was doing.It had to be done,but boy did she wish it didn't hurt as bad.It was making it feel worse than what it felt like before he started to clean it.However,she knew it would end up feeling better than if he left it alone.He couldn't leave it alone.It might get worse if he did and if it got worse...she knew she could lose her leg.She was lucky she didn't lose her leg just from the initial injury.She occasionally hissed or whimpered even though he was being more careful and gentler,unable to help it.When she seen the cream,she bit her lip harder.She knew it would hurt because he would actually have to rub it in and the last thing she wanted was pressure on it,but maybe it would help...hopefully it would help.Then,when he offered her his hand,she managed the smallest bit of a smile,taking it."T-Thanks..." She stammered quietly,taking a deep breath before giving him a nod to let him know she was ready.

With her nod of approval Drew put his hand on the top of the wound and started to carefully rub the cream in. Her grip on his hand tightened and leg jolted from the pain and probably the coldness of the cream. Drew carefully worked his way around her leg making sure to get all of it so no infection would spread. The cream stopped the bleeding as soon as it touched the bleeding parts which was good. Drew finished putting cream on the last of the wound and wiped his hand on his pants to get the cream off and grabbed the gauze. "Alright lets wrap it up then I will let you rest then we will head out when your ready." Drew said still holding her hand. Her hand was still gripping him tight and still had a slight shake to it. Drew ran his thumb on the top of her hand. "Its going to be okay Marley, I will do everything I can to make you better and to take care of you. "

Marley couldn't help it.When he started to rub in the cream,she screamed.However,after that she managed to hold in other screams,but she still groaned,yelped,whimpered and did other sounds like that.Her leg jolted and she couldn't stop it from doing that.The grip she had on his hand was like a death grip and,just like her jolting leg,she couldn't stop herself from holding onto him so hard.It hurt like crazy and she gritted her teeth,trying to tell herself that the cream would help and that it was worth all of the pain,but she couldn't quite wrap her mind around that fact at that time.When he finally finished,she sighed of relief,letting her head rest against the bed.The grip she had on his hand didn't change and she still shook,still not able to pull away from the horrible feelings that resulted from the way the trader had been to her and what he had tried to do.When he spoke to her and she felt his thumb stroking her hand,she sat back up and looked at him,her eyes gazing at his."Thank you..." was all that she could say and she barely got that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back