• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Surviving in Heaven RP (Interest Check)

Between Epochs

The Cloud Rider
Hello, reader!

I'll be straightforward with this one and save my creative juices for the real RP.

My idea is basically this: The RP is set in the near future, circa 2030-2050, and scientists have discovered a disturbance in the Earth's core. They discover that the core is gradually slowing and will soon stop. Their studies say that they have approximately a century before the core completely stops, but what they really fear is the effect when the slowing down process manifests itself on the Earth's crust.

Meanwhile, Astronomers have spotted a new solar system that contains a habitable planet. They immediately send probes to this planet which they have named Welkin and found out that the planet is already inhabited by an alien species. But due to their small population, the planet is still a strong candidate.

The scientists studied their behavior for a couple of years and even communicated with them via hologram projectors from the probes and found them to be gentle if not friendly. With this, they decided to take a calculated risk and sent a group of anthropologists, xenolinguists and even able diplomats accompanied by astronauts and specially trained soldiers. It was easily one of the expeditions with the largest number of members in history.

Our RP starts here. We are basically the second group to go to planet Welkin. Our main purpose is to study the physical aspect of the planet. That means we're a group that consists of an analytic chemist, biochemist, geologists, etc. the captain of the spacecraft and and a trio of soldiers.

These are the only details I can give for now.

I'm just going to announce when I'm going to make the RP.

If you're interested, let me know!

P.S. This is going to be an intermediate RP.

This sounds pretty cool! Before I can say "I'm in," there's one simple question. What was the outcome of the diplomatic meeting?

This looks interesting (and I just saw Interstellar, so really craving some space-exploration stuff). Would you mind if I made a character sheet?

Great! And the movie was amazing, oh my god. Reminded me of 2001, but it's definitely on my list of things to recommend and near the top of my personal list of best movies this year. Holding out on the last part of the Hobbit to finalize the list rankings, though.

I'll try and get my character sheet up shortly!

2001! I have yet to watch that movie; it's on my long list of movies that I need to watch. And the Hobbit, yes, I cannot wait!

If you liked Interstellar you'll probably like 2001—afterwards, they both leave you with that weird sense of disillusionment? Detachment? I can't think of the exact word, but you probably

hopefully

know what I'm referring to, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back