• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Survival Planning (OOC)

Alright, first order of business.

1. Establish Steamed Hams as a dank meme
2. Establish Da Wae as a dank meme
3. Praise Mecha-Doge-Norris as our savior
4. How do I make a drone CS? And can none of them be surprises?

They can be surprises, but only on the first encounter, unless it escapes

After that, it'll need to be posted as that means our characters have learned about it

I'm about to post the Drone CS in the LORE section in a minute

Posted
Check the LORE page. Hopefully it's not too complicated

HOLY SH
Nah, its fine. Too bad there isn't smelling, but I have a strange feeling that I might be able to manage.

I have a robotic/drone character but I feel i should talk about him with the admin of this roleplay first

Aight um. I have a robot character who might fit in this setting, but he's a little..different?. More of one to work alone and away from other drones, an old make of robot.

My absolute uncompromising rule for this RP, besides the general RPN rules and general unspoken rules:
If it can connect to any information-processing device or being in any way, it has the 909 Virus, thus unusable unless it's acting in defiance of the main party's goals with uncompromising murderous intent. This means that:

Any bot whose status is monitored by computers or is upgraded or changed by computers or any other information processing device
Any android or drone
Anything that can connect via bluetooth, wifi, USB, headphones, mobile data, etc. to anything else that has connected to a 909 infected

If it's within those parameters, you can make a main party AI character. An old make within these parameters though would most likely be limited.

My absolute uncompromising rule for this RP, besides the general RPN rules and general unspoken rules:
If it can connect to any information-processing device or being in any way, it has the 909 Virus, thus unusable unless it's acting in defiance of the main party's goals with uncompromising murderous intent. This means that:

Any bot whose status is monitored by computers or is upgraded or changed by computers or any other information processing device
Any android or drone
Anything that can connect via bluetooth, wifi, USB, headphones, mobile data, etc. to anything else that has connected to a 909 infected

If it's within those parameters, you can make a main party AI character. An old make within these parameters though would most likely be limited.

I have two robots, One being an A.I and the other being soley a robot with a freewill of sorts a bit of a mess of a character. Said robot would very much act defiant towards its fellow infected, even if he was infected himself. A stubborn creature he is, very much a criminal. He may have an interest in helping the humans, mainly because having them all die out wouldn't be any fun at all.

I have two robots, One being an A.I and the other being soley a robot with a freewill of sorts a bit of a mess of a character. Said robot would very much act defiant towards its fellow infected, even if he was infected himself. A stubborn creature he is, very much a criminal. He may have an interest in helping the humans, mainly because having them all die out wouldn't be any fun at all.
Since AI is relative, for the sake of ease, AI is defined as any robot or robotic entity that can feely operate without human intervention

909, long technological explanation short, turns any and all AI mindless and murderous

This is best described as a cyber version of the virus in I Am Legend where they're not really dead

As per the rule, if you have AI, It's affected by the 909

Since AI is relative, for the sake of ease, AI is defined as any robot or robotic entity that can feely operate without human intervention

909, long technological explanation short, turns any and all AI mindless and murderous

This is best described as a cyber version of the virus in I Am Legend where they're not really dead

As per the rule, if you have AI, It's affected by the 909

Fair enough. Since my boi Sterling is already somewhat murderous. i suppose it fits. I'm not entirely sure if Sterling counts as an AI, but for the sake of simplicity, I will. If it isn't going to work, I completely understand.

Fair enough. Since my boi Sterling is already somewhat murderous. i suppose it fits. I'm not entirely sure if Sterling counts as an AI, but for the sake of simplicity, I will. If it isn't going to work, I completely understand.

909 Virus: If it's not single-mindedly and uncompromisingly trying to kill off humanity with any and every tool at its disposal, it's not an accurate depiction of the 909 Virus's effects on AI

If you can make an AI within those parameters while keeping free will, I will be thoroughly impressed and it will be allowed. Plain and simple

909 Virus: If it's not single-mindedly and uncompromisingly trying to kill off humanity with any and every tool at its disposal, it's not an accurate depiction of the 909 Virus's effects on AI

If you can make an AI within those parameters while keeping free will, I will be thoroughly impressed and it will be allowed. Plain and simple

I'm not sure if I can. Sorry

If you want it more than me, you could have it. Or we could share. Or you be a computer scientist that takes control of them. Whatever.

This look so fucking sexy it's not even funny.

I could see that happening

Could we make more than one character?

Concerning vehicles, you'd better pick something that can get out of trouble (and detection) fast or something that is able to withstand prolonged drone attack and win. An AT-TE is a slow walker that has all it's combat capability focused forward which means it could easily be flanked, you'd be better off in a Goliath than the deathtrap that is an AT-TE ;)
Who's still in?

If you are, we need to get those CS down. I want to start this weekend

Sorry about that. I was wondering about an answer to my question though. Since you mentioned earlier that people would have trouble fighting human-like machines, I wanted to make sure that only certain machines were human-like.

Sorry about that. I was wondering about an answer to my question though. Since you mentioned earlier that people would have trouble fighting human-like machines, I wanted to make sure that only certain machines were human-like.
Androids are humanoid, and some look exactly like humans
Robots and Drones though are visibly different

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 my CS is up and I hope you don't mind me copying a few items from your CS as I figured some of the stuff there was military equipment and having some sort of overlap between military characters would be cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back