• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Supervillain RP

Yeah, I guess that's enough ppl then. I'll make it. Need a good story first.

Better then i have now at least

Under attack by monsters/demons/aliens who've done enough research on the heroes of the world to successfully incapacitate the lot of them. However, they left the villains untouched leaving us as the only possible saviors?

I was thinking about the biggest hero trying to save the world by brainwashing everyone to be good or something, but that works too.

So along the lines of the constant fighting between heroes and villains upsets several governments into trying to avoid this conflict by brainwashing the heroes and villains and turn them into dogs of the military? Including mad geniuses and sidekicks as well just because.

Thing is up and I'll make oc thread in a minute, but let's talk further about story.

Has anyone read "How to succeed in evil" or "Villains by necessity"? In the first the protagonist finds both the heroes and villains hopelessly inefficient, and proves to be far more dangerous then any powered individual. In the second the good guys are 'whitewashing' every villain into being good, and it upsets the world's balance. Forcing the remaining bad guys to fix it despite their selfishness.

Casual - Villains by Necessity | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read either of those, but I love the idea of villains reluctantly having to save the world. I particularly like the idea of the second one.

Perhaps it could be a combination of both of them. For example: One "hero" or a group of heros could feel like the protagonist in your first reference. Some sort of superiority complex could cause him and or them to deem other heros and or villains "hopelessly inefficient" as you put it. Thus the whitewashing project and further more the forced heroism from the villains?

Lol I dunno just throwing it out there.

It could alternatively be post-whitewash apocalypse. And the "villains" are either defectors or merely escaped it somehow. That might make it easier to lay on the anti-hero vibe.

Sorry I'll stop lol. Just excited for this xD

sure thing

I think I have the basic story outlined, take a look in thread and tell me what you guys think. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back